Chapter 13: Session


“You came to fuss at me too?” Ororo asked him when he finally tracked her down.

“Nope,” he said, hugging her from behind, nuzzling her neck, making her giggle, “Came to check on my girl and make ‘er laugh.”

“Okay and after you do that?” she asked, wiggling to let him know she needed room. He loosened his hold on her and she turned within the circle of his arms and wrapped her arms around his waist, burrowing her face in his broad chest.

“Don’t know. Maybe a walk under the moonlit sky, then head back to the mansion and grab a bite to eat while watching a movie,” he told, rubbing her back and hair, “Want to talk about it?”

“No, but I’m sure as my team leader you need to know,” she said, her tone inflecting at the end, turning the statement into a question.

“True,” he replied leaning back so he could kiss her lips before pushing her away and make her turn before pulling her back and dipping her. She laughed in spite of herself and gazed up into his face, framed by the starry sky. Ororo loved the imagery and leaned up and kissed him. She felt his hold on her tightened before he ended the kiss, lifting her back to her feet.

Breathing heavily, Logan fought hard to keep the beast at bay as it stirred within, ready to make Ro its mate. Wow, he thought taking her hand and leading her away from the mansion along the lake shore. The chemistry between them was strong and moments like this when he felt she was vulnerable intensified it, leaving Logan and Ororo feeling overwhelmed with emotion.

Normally when he felt that way, Logan would roll with the emotions, usually ending up in the bedroom but he knew that wasn’t an option with Ororo. She was determined to wait until she was married and, though it would be a struggle, he respected her wishes.

Logan looked over at her silhouette and noticed that her face looked more relaxed than it had earlier. Sensing that this might be the best time to broach the difficult subject, he took a deep breath and spoke softly.

“What happened in the meeting with Scott and the Professor?”

Normally, Logan would have been in the meeting but he opted out of it because he knew he wouldn’t be able to deal with Scott reprimanding her. The Professor understood how protective he was of Ororo and had given him permission to sit it out.

However, after their meeting, he had to sit through a session where Scott blasted Ororo and even that tested his patience, leaving him with a strong need to maim something in the Danger Room that looked a lot like their illustrious leader. But he fought the feeling, knowing that the situation wasn’t about him. It was about Ro and helping her get through it.

Having gotten their side of it, he wanted to hear hers.

“Basically, Scott yelled at me about not telling him about the phobia.”

“And the Prof?”

“Wants to begin therapy sessions to determine the cause,” she replied.

“And ya said?”

“I didn’t need the sessions because I know the cause of it and no, I didn’t want to talk about it and would when I was ready.”

“Okay, and Scott said…”

“I was off the team until I revealed the source of the phobia and had at least 5 therapy sessions with the Professor,” she said sadly, a tear sliding down her face, a telltale sign of how she truly felt despite the strong front she presented to him.

“Oh baby,” he said, taking her in his arms.

Ororo had worked hard to earn her spot on the X-Men. After her long days of working with the Professor on various tasks, spending quality time with Anna, keeping up with her own studies, she spent countless hours working with him and the Omega Team to improve her fighting skills.

She was determined to give back to the Team that saved her and her sister and was ecstatic when Scott shared the news with her about being selected for the team and joining her friends on the Omega Team. So he knew that being suspended from the team was its own brand of torture.

“I understand why he did it and I understand why he is angry but it still hurts,” she sniffed.

Overtime, they had also worked on improving her control over her gift. One of her biggest successes was the day she cried without the telltale sign of rain. Though she hadn’t cried much since coming the mansion, there were still a few times that tested her control in the area and she succeed in maintaining the control. And this time was no different. The skies stayed clear while he held her as she wept.

He allowed her emotions to run their course. When he heard her heartbeat and breathing return to normal, he said, “I understood the suspension and sessions with Chuck but the requirement for disclosure was a bit much. The cause shouldn’t matter. What should matter is how we deal with it now and Scott being hung up on that isn’t going to help the situation at all.”

Ororo pulled back and looked up into his face. She saw the defiant glint in his eye and his trademark smirk and wondered what he had done.

“When I met with them after yer meeting, I talked to him and the Prof about it and told ‘em it wasn’t fair to force ya to talk about something as a requirement for ya to be on the Team. All of us got secrets we don’t want to talk about and they’re not keeping us off the Team. So they lifted the suspension. Missions are off limits but ya can still train with the Team.”

He watched her face brighten and the spark in her eyes returned. He hated to say what he had to say next but there was no way around it. “But, the compromise was that yer therapy sessions with Chuck start tomorrow.”

Like he thought, her face fell, making him wonder why talking the issue through with Chuck was such a bad thing.

“Would talking to me about it help make it easier to talk to Chuck?” he asked.

“Not really,” she replied, “But what choice do I have? It’s either talk and get back on the Team or not talk and no missions.” She sighed, abruptly stepping away from him and walking toward the mansion.

“Ro,” he said, reaching out and grabbing her wrist to stop her from leaving. She turned and looked up at him, her eyes swimming in tears.

“Baby?” he said softly, his heartbreaking at the sight of her tears.

“Are you up for a sparring session in the Danger Room?” she asked in a strong voice, as a tear fell from her eye, “Things could get messy if I discuss it here.”

“Ya sure ya up to it?” he asked.

“The question is, are you up for it?” she countered, her eyes changing colors as she wrapped her arm around his waist.

“I can take whatever ya throw at me, darlin’,” he said, happy that she was bantering with him.

“Alright, I want you to remember you said that when we’re done,” she replied, lifting them into the air, heading to the mansion.





You must login () to review.