Ororo had awoken at the break of dawn which surprised her considering she and Logan had stayed up late until they finally said goodnight at around 3am. After she had taken Logan down to the kitchen the previous night, and she had fixed him the dinner she had promised she had stayed down there talking with him as he ate. Ororo then took Logan on a tour of the house and they even had walked the grounds outside, where she had shown Logan her favorite spots; the garden and the hidden lake in the woods. Still she had awoken at her usual time and was refreshed as usual. With a hum and a smile on her lips Ororo got ready for her day and then exited her room. Her first stop was at the first door just at the base of her loft stairs. She stood at the door of the room that she had left Logan in earlier that morning. She took a moment to smooth down her hair, which she usually wore up in a bun or braided, but after the way Logan had stroked it, and told her how he liked her hair, Ororo had decided to wear it down this day. She rapped gently at the door.

"Logan, are you awake?" She called out and when she got no reply she knocked again, assuming that the boy was just a heavy sleeper. When she still didn't get an answer she turned the knob and upon finding that the door wasn't locked she opened the door and peeked inside. The smile that had been on her lips instantly faded at seeing the bed hadn't been slept in and the room was empty. "Logan?" She called out again as she moved the open bathroom door, and she found that room to be empty. She rationalized that Logan had decided not to stay on with them and had left probably right after she had left him. A sadness filled Ororo as she made her way back out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen for breakfast. Right before she crossed the threshold of the dining room where she could already hear many students already eating, Ororo calmed herself with a few deep cleansing breaths and then put a smile on her face. "Good Morning everyone," She call out in greeting and she made her way to the dining table.

"Morning 'Roro." Ororo's best friend Jean was the first to speak followed by everyone else in the room. Ororo took her usual place at the table, in the middle and right across from Jean and Scott, her two oldest and dearest friends. All the students were amicable with each other for the most part, and Ororo had made close connections with everyone but her bond with Jean and Scott was so tight knit due to them being the first three students at the school. At the table she had Kurt and one of the newer students Remy on either side of her.

"You are looking mighty fine today Cher," Remy spoke out as his black and red eyes raked over her casually. Ororo simply rolled her eyes at the teenager whom she thought epitomized the term 'raging hormones', as he spent most of his time trying to 'chat up' any girl her happened upon. "You make Remy mouth water."

"Oh can it swamp rat," Marie huffed out from across the table as a sour look marred her face. "Before you make me lose my appetite." Remy threw her a smile and did as she requested. Ororo also threw Marie a sad smile of thanks, because she knew that Marie really liked Remy even after she discovered what a male whore he was.

Ororo fixed herself a plate of her usual breakfast some scrambled eggs, toast, and juice and began to eat as she silently regarded her friends. She looked to the couple across from her who was snuggled up, Scott telling Jean something that had her giggling. The two had been a couple pretty much from the day they had met. Ororo had known Scott nearly two weeks before Jean had come to the school, and Ororo had liked him and Scott seemed to have liked her in return. However, that all changed when the girl with the green eyes and flaming red hair walked through the door. From that moment on it had become fact that all the boys in the school if given a choice would always choose Jean.

"Ok 'Ro spill," Jubes called out to her from a couple of seats down. "I heard that you were out until the wee hours with some new boy." The eyes of all the teens within earshot locked on to Ororo.

"What…a new boy, who is it?" Jean questioned as she leaned in across the table a bit to regard her best friend, who she thought of as a sister. "Ooooh does my 'Roro have a boyfriend, now you know I have to meet and 'approve' of him before I can let things go any further." She teased and Ororo smiled fondly are her 'sister'.

"Jean don't tease Ororo, I'm sure whoever started that rumor is just sensationalizing something innocent and they should know better." Scott spoke with his usual authoritative tone as he looked at Jubliee, who in turned groaned a bit and rolled her eyes at him.

"Thank you Scott," Ororo said with a kind smile. She appreciated that Scott had always had a brotherly protective nature when it came to her. "There is no new student, there was a hurt boy someone that the Professor helped and I simply showed him around per the Professor's request because I could not sleep last night and was up."

"Another nightmare?" Jean asked her face bunched up in concern.

"No," Ororo shook her head reassuringly. "But it seems that the howls I have been hearing for a week were not a nightmare either. It was the boy that the Professor was helping."

"Whoa, veally?" Kurt spoke out suddenly interested in the conversation. "I've heard nothing."

"That's because you can't, not over all the snoring you do." Bobby threw in. "I hear you almost every night and I'm three rooms down from you."

"So anyway, where is this new boy?" Kitty interjected as she nearly salivated for some juicy gossip.

"I assume he left," Ororo stated as she bit into some eggs and hope that she didn't sound as sad about the news as she felt. "He had stated that he didn't want to stay, but the Professor tried to talk him into staying. I even showed him to a room but when I went to check on him this morning the bed hadn't been slept in so he must have left as we slept."

"So vot vas he like?" Kurt asked.

"What was his name…"

"Why was the Professor helping him?"

So many questions bombarded Ororo that she didn't know how or what to answer first. She didn't get a chance to speak before the Professor's voice stilled all conversation.

"Students," He called out to them and when Ororo turned to where he was at the head of the table her eyes instantly locked onto the boy standing beside him. "I would like you all to meet Logan, he will be with us for the day at least, but I hope he might stay on longer. Please set the best example and be as courteous as I know you all to be."

"Gosh, he's a teenage…he's built like a man." Marie offered as she gaped at the boy.

"Look how hairy his is, and might I add 'yummy'," Jubes added.

*Ladies behave yourselves* The Professor spoke out specifically to Marie and Jubes but all the girls had heard him resonate in their minds. "Logan please take one of the chairs by the wall and find a spot at the table. Have some breakfast, eat as much as you like and enjoy." Logan gave a grunt and nodded and turned with a scowl to look out over the very long table and to each of the many faces staring back at him. His eyes stopped scanning when they fell upon the white tresses he had actually been searching for. He moved around the table with determination and confidence that most people new to a situation probably would not display. As he grew closer to where Ororo was seated he grabbed one of the extra chairs placed against the wall.

"Move," He nearly growled out to the blue boy with the wide yellow eyes who stared up at him with a frightened look, but quickly did as he was told and slid his chair and plate down further. Logan then placed his chair right beside Ororo who when He turned to speak to her was giving him a disapproving look.

"Are you always so rude and crude to everyone she asked?" She asked in a hushed voice, she had learned earlier that Logan had enhanced hearing much like a wild animal.

"Depends darling," He replied as he threw her a smirk.

"On?" She probed.

"Who I'm talking to," Logan answered honestly and tossed her a wink. Instantly Ororo forgot that she was actually mad at how he had treated Kurt. "Ya got a starin problem bub?" Logan spoke out and then turned his eyes from Ororo across the table to where Scott sat frowning at him. Even behind the red shades Scott wore, Logan could see that the boy was staring him down.

"My name is not bub, It's Scott and the boy you were just so mean to is named Kurt, and had you 'asked' Kurt would have moved for you."

"But he did move even without me having ta ask, didn't he?" Logan responded as he curled his lip a bit, to the outside he probably looked like he was smiling, but Ororo knew him well enough to know that it was a way Logan 'flexed' and gave out a warning.

"Scott, he's new here please let's try to make him feel welcome." Jean spoke softly to Scott as she gently touched his arm. Logan could see Scott instantly deflate at the beautiful redheads words, and determined that the two were together.

"Thanks 'Red'?" Logan said as he locked eyes onto the redhead and Jean moved her stunned eyes to his. They held each others gaze for a few seconds before Jean blushed prettily and then looked away nervously. The snarl that had been on Logan's lips instantly meshed to a genuine smile and something in Ororo's chest constricted as she watched. And another one bites the dust and has fallen under Jean's spell Ororo thought as she bowed her head over her plate and finished off her breakfast. She sat half listening as the others around her began to introduce themselves to Logan and after a few minutes it was as if Logan had always been in their cliche. She could feel Logan's eyes on her from time to time but when she turned to look at him she would notice that he was looking across the table at a certain redhead.

"You know beauté, Remy like it when you wear yo hair down like this," He spoke this as he reached over and stroked the back of his fingers across the thick hair splayed about Ororo's shoulder. Given her current mood and feelings of rejection Ororo didn't bother to swat away Remy's hand or scold him as she usually would. Remy's always seeming interest was a comfort in that moment.

"Boyfriend?" Logan's voice spoke out and it took Ororo a second to realize that he was speaking to her. When she turned to face the boy beside her and saw that Logan had his head turned and was scowling hard at Remy, who didn't seem to notice or maybe just didn't care, as he casually continued to gently stroke at Ororo's hair.

"I'm sorry what did you ask Logan?" She replied truly not comprehending what Logan had said.

"I asked was Mr. Groper over there yer boyfriend." Logan repeated in a graveled tone and Ororo could feel the irritation rolling off of him. She was taken aback and started stammering as if she had just been caught cheating by her boyfriend.

"Wha…uh…no, no. Remy Lebeau is most definitely 'not' my boyfriend." Ororo stated as she frowned up a bit at the thought. Sure she thought Remy to be very handsome with a very lean yet muscular frame. When he talked to her and the things he spoke most times made her knees weaken. But Ororo knew that Remy was just a charmer to 'all' the ladies and none held any 'special' regards to him, that knowledge made her realize that she and Remy would never be anything more than just friends and they were just barely that.

"Only a madda 'o time Cherie," Remy said as he gave her a wink.

"Remove yer hand or lose it," Logan spoke as he propped his elbow up and leaned across the table a bit.

"Wot be the problem mon ami?" Remy drawled out as he too lean across the table a bit to stare Logan directly in the eyes, as he continued to stroke at Ororo's hair. This time Ororo did try to swat away his hands wanting to end whatever posturing that was occurring between the two boys, but to no avail. Logan had tossed the gauntlet and it appeared that Remy had happily accepted the challenge. "Remy don hear Stormy complainin."

"She aint gotta, I just did it for her. Now I usually don't ask things, and most definitely don't ask twice…" With that said Logan allowed the three blades on his right hand to slowly slide from their sheath. A hush filled the room as all eyes fell to the blades, and mostly everyone at the table instantly became filled with concern, even the Professor and several of the other faculty seated at the table. The Professor had mentally told the staff not to intervene to let the children sort this matter out for themselves. He knew that if Logan were to stay with them he and the others students would have to find a way to get along and resolve any strife that might occur between them. So the Professor silently watched and readied to jump in if the occasion called for his help.

"Nice hand, I see yo blades," Remy spoke around a cunning smile as he twirled a lock of Ororo's hair around his finger as he lifted his left hand to show three cards. "But Remy thinks he can beat you with his three Queens." The cards instantly illuminated with the charge that Remy was emitting. Ororo held up her hands to the boys and was just about to try to be a mediator until Marie spoke up.

"Swamp rat what have ah told ja about being an ass, put yer cards away and stop botherin 'Ro and tha new kid before 'ah' come over there and beat'cha down." Marie threatened and most who knew her also knew that that was no idle threat. Remy remained facing Logan but cut his eyes to Marie and his cunning smile melted into a seductive smile.

"You know Remy always up fo some rough 'n tumble withchu cher," The words rolled from Remy's tongue as the energy surging through the cards dispersed, he dropped the lock of Ororo's hair that he was holding, and he turned his full attention to Marie. "So when you gon give Remy this Beat down?" He had completely turned Marie's word from a threat to some innuendo and most of the girls nearby rolled their eyes at him.

"That's it ah lost my appetite," Marie groaned out as she dropped her fork onto her plate and pushed her chair from the table. She then stood and walked towards the patio doors at the far end of the dining room, which led out to the back grounds.

"Wait for Remy mi amor." Remy spoke with a playful chuckle as he too stood and hurried after Marie. "Sorry mon ami," Remy stopped at where Logan still sat slightly baffled by what had just happened. Remy slapped Logan's shoulder amicably. "We can play later, no?" Remy then smirked at Logan, threw Ororo a wink and then followed Marie's trek.

"OK what the fu…"Logan's words stilled as he stared at Ororo and noticed the slight arch of her brow, so he reworded his sentence without using vulgar words. "What just happened?"

"What 'just happened' was you again threatened someone but this time it was someone who you don't seem to intimidate." Scott offered as he lifted his glass to his lips and took a sip of his milk.

"Thanks dick head, but I was talkn ta 'Ro." Logan said as he pointed his finger at Scott and then to Ororo to emphasized his words. Giggles and snorts could be heard about the table. No one usually spoke to Scott like that, though at one time or another they had all wanted to. Scott could be anal and very overbearing when it came to his 'self-appointed' leadership role.

"Scott please," Jean again spoke softly to the boy as she placed her hand atop his arm, and again Scott's rigid demeanor instantly soften.

"It's alright beautiful,' Logan tossed to Jean along with a wink, and she instantly blushed and averted her eyes to the table. Ororo also averted her eyes down to the table at hearing the compliment. "Yer mad dog don't scare me.

"Well I am finish." Ororo spoke out as she pushed her chair from the table. She then turned to the Professor. "May I please be excused?" She asked as she always did. With a smile the Professor simply nodded. It had always amazed him how this child who had spent most of her young life on the streets a destitute but she had more manners than most of the students who had grown up in a well off family with two parents. Logan looked up at the girl who was headed to the back patio doors and then looked down at his empty plate. He quickly stood and grabbed a couple of croissants, two hard boiled eggs from nearby platters and then quickly shot his hand across the table and snatched up the several pieces of bacon on Scott's plate. Scott's mouth fell open as he looked to where his food had been and then up to the back of the retreating boy.

"Hey 'Ro wait up," Logan then called out to Ororo's back as he rushed after her. Ororo paused just at the doors as she turned surprised eyes upon the boy who was now standing next to her. Logan then opened the door with his free hand and held it to allow Ororo to exit first. They left and moved out towards the gardens.

"Logan you should have stayed and finished your breakfast." Ororo said as she watched the boy create a sandwich with the food in his hands.

"Don't worry darling I'm gonna finish it." He replied as he took a bite and took in half of the sandwich.

"Yes but I fear you may get indigestion, you should have set and fully enjoyed your meal."

"I don't get indigestion, healing factor remember?" He offered and her face held a 'oh that's right' look. "Besides I don't think I would have enjoyed my breakfast without you there, yer the only one I know here."

"Well, if you had taken the time to actually speak with the others Logan and not bark at them and be rude to them you might have gotten to make friends." Ororo said as she flipped her hair from her shoulders to settle down her back. "Besides you seemed to get along with Jean, now just use 'that' charm on the rest and you will be fine." She had hoped that that didn't sound as petty and jealous as it was.

"Jean?" Logan bunched his brows a bit as he thought about the faces about the table. "Oh you mean 'Red'?"

"No I mean 'Jean', but if by 'Red' you mean the girl with the red hair than we are referring to the same person."

"Naw, she and I probably wouldn't get along she seems too prissy and high maintenance." He said and even though Logan's assessment had been dead on about Jean, Ororo still threw him a disapproving glare. Jean was her 'sister' and she didn't like people making negative comments about her no matter how right they may be. "'Sides I only chatted her up to get under wonder boy's skin, it was obvious that A. he's a control freak and B. Red is his girl, and guys like that can't stand any sort of competition."

"So you did all of that, flirted with jean just to get to Scott, and what of Jean's feelings what if she took you seriously only to find out later it was all an act. That may hurt her feelings Logan." Ororo said as she continued to glare at the boy beside her who had his head thrown back, chomping down the last of his breakfast. After a moment to swallow down his food Logan replied.

"Wait aint she and dick head…"

"Scott," Ororo corrected.

"Dick head," Logan repeated with a stern look and Ororo couldn't stop the smile and giggles. "Aint they a couple?"

"Well yes Jean and Scott have been a couple pretty much from the moment Scott laid eyes on Jean." She answered with a slight sigh as she dropped her head a bit and looked down at the ground as they walked along.

"Then if she gets all hot an tempted by my flirt'n I'd say I'm doing that boy a favor, 'cause she aint the Miss sweet and innocent he's got her pegged as."

"You do not know anything about Jean to make such a claim." Ororo spoke as she stopped, crossed her arms across her chest and glared at Logan.

"Hey I aint making any claims, just speaking from experience. Answer me this, if 'you' were in a relationship with some boy and another boy came along and blatantly flirted with you, what would you do?"

"I would inform the flirting boy that I was spoken for and kindly ask him to refrain from further flirting." Ororo answered without any hesitation.

"Exactly," Logan slightly exclaimed and then he gently placed his hand at the small of Ororo's back and steered them back to their trek in the garden. "Now why would you do that instead if blushing sweetly at the flirt?"

"Because if I am with someone that I care for, and I would have to have strong feelings for them if they were my boyfriend, then I would not need nor want the attentions of some other boy." She stated. "Yes catching the eye of some other boy might feel nice but I would not allow that boy to indulge and think in any way that I were interested in him. Besides it would be too disrespectful to my boyfriend for me not to say anything at all." She stalled in her steps as the realization of her word and the implications of how Jean had responded to Logan's flirting finally hit her. "Oh."

"Right…'oh'," Logan said around a wolfish smile seeing that his words had finally registered with her. "I'm glad ta see I was right about cha 'Ro, yer a true, honest, loyal one and those are all good qualities ta have." He moved his hand from the small of her back upward just a bit to settle on her soft hair, which he stroked with his thumb, a motion Ororo immediately felt but tried hard not the react to. "That's good ta know fer future reference." He spoke in a more low tone almost as if he were saying it to himself. "So it looks like I'm gonna be stay'n fer a bit darling." He said casually with his head locked straight ahead though through his peripheral vision he watched her closely. He smiled a bit as he not only saw the smile tug at the corners of Ororo's mouth, but also heard her heart rate speed up several fold from the moment he had placed his hand on her back. "I hope ya don't mind me hang'n witchu until I get my bearings around here."

"I am glad you have decided to stay on with us Logan and I like to think that we are friends so I will help you any way that I can." Ororo said with a wide smile though she did so with her head bowed and eyes locked onto her feet.

"Good, now how 'bout we go skinny dipping in that lake you showed me earlier."

"What is skinny dipping?" Ororo questioned as she regarded him innocently and curiously and with a bark like laugh at her expression, Logan reached down and grasped Ororo's hand and they took off into the a sprint towards the woods.





You must login () to review.