“I have had this suspicion since…well ever since Logan mentioned something to me. Then…then Remy confirmed it…and I know that Jean has always been your favorite student…” Ororo stated and for the first time since she had begun her tale to Professor Xavier about what she suspected about Jean, the Professor interjected.

“Ororo,” The Professor called gently to the young girl and she stilled to regard him. She had been pacing back and forth in front of his desk as she talked, while Logan leaned against a nearby wall silently watching as if he were readying to defend Ororo against some attack. “I can assure you that Jean is not my favorite student she just needs more assistance with her powers than most. Jean does not hold any higher regard with me than you or any other student.”

“Oh,” Ororo said as she blinked a few times at the seated man behind the desk. His words had truly shocked her for she had always assumed by the way that the professor always worked personally with Jean that it was because he liked her the most. “I apologize Professor I should not have made such an assumption.”

“It is all right Ororo,” The Professor waved off. “I have heard such thoughts from many of the other students as well. The truth is it is for the very reason that you are here, that I work so closely with Jean. She has great powers but she is still too young to fully control those powers. And from what you have stated here she’s being manipulative and very careless with her power, which could cause others great harm.”

“I did not mean to get her into trouble.” Ororo spoke out as she reached up and nervously pulled at her bottom lips. She silently wondered if coming to the Professor had been the right recourse.

~Yes, Ororo you did the right thing coming to me about this.~ The Professor’s words filled her head and he snapped her eyes up to meet his again.

“Jean will not get into trouble, in fact she will never know of our discussion here. I will place barriers to prohibit her from using her powers on others in such a manner. As well as work in more training with her to teach her about not only respecting her powers but also about respecting others. Thank you Ororo…and Logan, for bringing this matter to my attention.”

“Thank you Professor.” Ororo said with a slight bow of her head. She then moved to the door which Logan already held open for her. Logan followed her out, closing the door behind them. “Well that didn’t go as badly as I thought it would.” She spoke out as she a Logan entered the Foyer and made their way to the stairs that led up to the student rooms.

“But Scott what’s wrong?” Jean’s voice could be heard just before she and Scott entered the foyer from the dining area.

“There’s nothing wrong Jean,” Scott stated as he stopped in his trek and turned to regard his girlfriend. “I’ve just decided to go out back to shoot some hoops with some of the guys, I heard them talking about it earlier today. I had told them I wouldn’t play, but now it suddenly sounds like it would be fun.”

“Oh but I was hoping you would take me to the movies.” Jean said as she leaned against Scott’s muscular arm and pouted a bit. Ororo had to force herself to not roll her eyes at her friend’s behavior.

“I can still take you to the movies but after the basketball game, I promise.” Scott said and then leaned down and kissed Jean’s forehead which wrinkled up a bit as she frowned.

“But don’t you want to take me now?” Jean questioned as the scowl still graced her face.

“Uhm…no, right now I want to go play basketball with the guys and then afterwards I will take you to the movies.” Scott repeated as he tossed his girlfriend a curious look and wondered why she was being what he thought to be ‘acting strangely’. “C’mon, you can come watch the game and be my personal cheerleader.”

“No thank you,” Jean replied as she stepped back a bit, lifted her head a bit, and tossed her fiery red tresses over her shoulder. “I want to go to the movies now so if you’re not willing to take me then I guess I’ll just go by myself,” She stated just as she noticed the other two teenagers standing nearby. “Or maybe I’ll ask someone else to take me.” She then moved to where Ororo and Logan stood by the stairs. “Logan,” Jean called out and then slyly cut her eyes over her shoulder to where Scott still stood with his arms folded across his chest watching. “How would you like to go to the movies? It’s a new slasher movie I have been dying to see.”

“So there should be a lot of blood and guts?” Logan asked as he too folded his arms across his chest and shot a hard glare back at Scott, who Logan could sense was doing the exact same thing to him from behind those shades he wore.

“Loads,” Jean said around a he smile. For her part Ororo simply bowed her head a bit, remained silent, and felt oddly out of place in that moment.

“How ‘bout it ‘Ro, ya feel like accompanying Jean to tha movies. As long as it aint some girlie ‘Gone with the Wind’ type of shi…movie,” He hurriedly corrected. “Then I’m game, and it sounds like Red here is treatin so that’s even better.”

“Wait…what?” Jean interjected. “I’m treating?” Jean repeated as she placed a hand against her chest.

“Well yeah, you just asked us ta join you din ya? So I just figured you were also gonna treat, but don’t worry I got some funds and can cover me and ‘Ro if need be.”

“Oh…well…hmmm.” Jean sputtered a bit trying to find the words.

“Logan I do not think Jean was asking ‘me’ to join you ‘two’.” Ororo finally spoke out what she knew was fact but Jean would never just come outright and say.

“Of course she was, ‘cause ‘yer’ wit me and ‘she’s’ Scott’s girl and it just won’t look right if she and I went alone tagether,” Logan tossed out even though Ororo knew that he didn’t give a damn what others thought or said about him, and she also knew that Logan was trying to make a point, that Jean wasn’t the ‘Good girl’ she always liked to portray herself to be.

“I do not mind if you wish to go to the movies with Jean, Logan.” Ororo said as she kept her eyes averted to the floor.

“But I would mind darlin,” Logan said as he gently stroked his knuckles across Ororo’s cheek. His touch caused her to look up at him in surprise. “And I’m sure Scooter would too. ’Sides I don’t want ta go if yer not gonna go, Ok?” He then threw her a quick wink and a slight smirk that nearly made both Ororo and Jean swoon.

“OK,” Ororo agreed with a sweet smile on her lips. “So did you still want ‘us’ to accompany you to the movies Jean?”

“On second thought I think I will just wait for Scott,” Jean decided and then turned to where she thought Scott to be only to find and empty spot. “Scott?”

“He just left,” Logan said. “He went that away.” He pointed off to the left and a near panic stricken Jean quickly hurried off after Scott. “Well your Professor works fast, looks like he’s already worked some mojo on Jean.”

“How do you mean,” Ororo asked.

“Well since I’ve been here all I have seen is Scooter chasing after Red; hanging on her every word, doing any and everything she asks, except just now when he turned down a movie date with her to hang out with the boys.”

“Yes I cannot recall a time that that has ever happened before either, now that I think about it.” Ororo concurred. “Goddess, do you think she we figure out that we were the ones to tell the Professor about what she has been doing?”

“Naw, it aint like she’s gonna go ask him about it, if she did she’d be admit’n she was being manipulative in the first place.” Logan stated and Ororo simply nodded her head in agreement. “You know, I actually wouldn’t mind going to see that slasher film, so how ‘bout it?” Ororo’s eyes doubled in size as she gazed at the boy in front of her. “What, don’t tell me yer a scardey cat?” That made her scowl a bit at the challenging words, though they had been true. She was scared but not of some slasher film but of the thought of going out to the movies with Logan.

“I most certainly am not a scardey cat, I was just…I mean…are you asking me out Logan?” She finally asked.

“Yeah I did, are ya hard of hearing or something?” He replied as he looked at her with genuine concern which caused her to giggle a bit.

“No Logan I have no problems with my hearing, it is just surprising to hear a boy ask me out…no boy ever has. Well except Remy.” She said as she rolled her eyes a bit.

“Well ya don’t have to ever worry about that, not while I’m around.” Logan announced and Ororo couldn’t help but wonder if he meant that in regards to ‘just’ Remy or was that in regards to ‘all’ boys. “So ya game, ya wanna go see the slasher movie with me? Don’t worry, if you get too scared you can jump in my lap…I won’t mind.” He added around a wolfish grin.

“I do not think that will be necessary, I will not get scared.” Ororo proclaimed as Logan grinned and then grasped her hand and lead the way to the back exit, which would take them to the garage.




“Logan we cannot just take a car without permission,” Ororo said as she nervously walked behind Logan as he moved confidently through the several row of vehicles that filled the huge underground garage. After a few moments of silence and Logan searched for the right vehicle with Ororo following his lead, Logan finally spoke.

“We aint taking a car ‘Ro,” He announced as he brushed his hands over the chrome of the Harley he was mounting. “And I already got permission from Chuck,” He then tapped his temple to indicate they had spoken telepathically. “C’mon and don’t worry I am licensed.” As if that was what she had been waiting to hear, Ororo gave a nod and quickly moved to the back of the bike and got on. Logan handed her a helmet.

“Wait, what about your helmet Logan?”

“Always wearin mine, remember?” He knocked his knuckles against his forehead and the clinking of metal against metal was clearly heard. “Hold on tight darlin.” He commanded as he started the engine, revved the engine a bit and, and the steered them out of the garage. As they exited the garage they disturbed the ongoing basketball game. The sweaty boys immediately moved out of the way so Logan could drive out of the garage all except one, Scott, who stood purposely blocking the way. Logan was tempted to just run Scott over but he knew that would not sit right with Ororo, and for some reason he still couldn’t fully understand, Ororo’s opinion of him mattered where no other’s ever had. “What!?!” Logan barked out as he glared at the boy standing just in front of them with his arms folded across his chest. Jean moved up beside Scott as if she were concerned for his safety, but Logan knew it was probably more about her being curious as to where he and Ororo were going. The other students, players and spectators, just stood about watching the scene unfolding before them with heightened anticipation. They hadn’t known Logan for very long, but knew enough to tell a. he wasn’t someone you’d want to mess with, and b. he most definitely didn’t care for Scott.

“I’m sure where you come from it’s probably ok to steal things, but ‘that’ is my bike.” Scott stated as he pointed at the motorcycle. Logan suddenly frowned up a bit and looked as if he were confused. Ororo remained clutched to Logan back with her arms wound tightly around him, and when she noticed the envious gaze Jean cast upon her that grip tightened a bit more.

“Your bike really, cuz when I ‘asked’ Chuck about transportation he said that so long as I was licensed, which I am, I could use any of ‘his’ vehicles in ‘his’ garage. So naturally I assumed that ‘this’ bike was ‘his’ too.” A bright red blush crept up Scott’s neck to his ears.

“Uhm…well…it is owned by the Professor…but…” Scott began to stammer as the other students snickered in the background at witnessing their almighty ‘self-proclaimed’ leader, get put in his place.

“It is just that Scott and I are the only ones to ever use the motorcycle.” Jean interjected wanting to calm the situation.

“Well you’re not using it right now, so ‘Ro and me are gonna take it for a little spin, ya ready darling?” He called back over his shoulder to a giddy Ororo, who gave a curt nod. “Move!” Logan barked out and both Scott and Jean hastily stepped aside as Logan and Ororo sped off.





You must login () to review.