Five Years Later

Logan drove up the long drive of the mansion noticing the vines the grip to the side of the building. ‘Storm needs to fire that damn gardener he never worked anyways’ Logan thought as he rode his bike to the entrance of the garage. He pressed the small button in his jacket in hopes of activating the garage but to no avail. ‘The fuck’ Logan dismounted his bike as he manually lifted the garage door. He was shocked to see none of the cars riddled the expanse of the room. He stopped to sniff the air as he took a whiff of the area, trying to see if there was anyone in the area.

*Sniff* ‘Strawberry’ *Sniff* ‘Dandelion’ *Sniff* Logan chuckled at the last smell ‘Aftershave.’ Logan moved slowly as he ventured inside the mansion. Only a few held those smells but he was still wary of why he could not gather the scent of the one person that has been haunting his dreams.

“What’s for dinner?” the rough voice asked.

“The usual, pizza” the delicate voice replied as a sound of moans and groans came out of the realization “Well if you guys have any other suggestions I’m all ears. Besides I don’t think you want me to try and cook again”

“Pizza is good hun” Logan smiled as he heard the southern drawl that came from in the room.

“Save me a slice will ya”

“Logan” Rogue smiled and she got up and went over to hug him while everyone stayed in their spot. They were to stun seeing the older man that had been gone for quite some time. “When did you get back?”

“Just know. Where is everyone?”

Rouge cast her gaze down away from his and looked over to the others as if asking for help. It only caused Logan to become more irritated than he already was before.

“What’s goin on? Where is everyone?!” he asked a bit demanding

“Like you’d care” all heads swiveled to Kitty who now put the frozen pizza in the oven. “You were gone for five years. Not one. Five. And you ask where everyone is. Where were you Wolverine? The small glimmer of hope that we thought we had left was taken away from us. And where were you. Huh?” Logan looked down at her shocked that Katherine had such a bite

“Kayta” Pete said trying to calm her down

“No. He needs to know what happened”

“We know Kitty but you need to cool off first” Bobby said as Kitty looked from Bobby to Logan as if trying to fight some inner turmoil.

“Fine,” She said as Piotr made his way over to her in an effort to console her “but if you don’t tell him soon. I sure as hell will” Kitty side stepped the big Russian and brushed past Logan without another word.

“I’ll go after her.” Rouge said giving Piotr a silent look

“Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?”

“You might want to sit for this.” Bobby said as he directed to the stool a closely towards the island counter

“I’m fine where I am” Bobby nodded as he began to fill Logan in on the events that had occurred since his departure.

“It all started about a year after you left. Everyone was still getting back to normal. The kids were either piling in or piling out. It made matters worse as to what came next.”

Flashback

“So what do you think?” Kitty said as she looked at Ororo for approval.

“It looks good kitten. You only have a few grammar mistakes and that’s it.” Ororo said as she handed back her now revised paper

“Ororo we got a problem.” Bobby said as he barged into the office.

Ororo stood up immediately on the alert as she and Kitty followed bobby down the hall. “What happened?”

“I don’t know how we didn’t notice her when she made it pass the fence. All of a sudden Artie opened the door from the knock and there she was stumbling through the door.” He said as they made their way to where all the commotion was speculating.

“Kitten get the children out of here” Kitty nodded as she directed the horde of children out of the room and taking them to the back yard away from all the commotion. “Bobby go prep the med lab, Rouge get on the phone with Hank see if he is still in the city see if you can catch him at a good time.” The two young adults raced off to do what was asked of them as Ororo looked at Pete

“Pete I need you to carry her for me. Gently now.”

“Ok” Pete lifted the girl in his arms as they made the trek down to the lower levels

~~~~~~~~

“So, what’s the verdict?” Ororo asked as her favorite blue friend walked through the door.

“There seems to be a close similarity to one of our friends that we know of by far and that is Logan. No one should be able to lose a great deal of blood and be able to come out with hardly no puncture wounds. She also has a remarkable regenerative system much more adapt than Logan’s I must say. My dear we may need to contact Logan if possible”

“Why?” Ororo said as she looked at the girl that was laid out on the table in the room”

“Because my dear if the x-rays are accurate the child appears to have what seems to be metal blades in her forearms”





You must login () to review.