Innamorata

Disclaimer: Give me a few more years…
Warnings: Um. None? I'm pretty sure an eight year old could safely read this. Might be confused…but not scarred. Oh well okay. The f word once.



"I take it the name Logan's out."

"Way out."

His mouth turned downward in a mock frown. "What? Ya don't like my name?"

"Oh, shut up."

Logan's hand traveled from Ororo's swollen belly to the inside of her thigh. "Ya seemed t'like it just fine last night, darlin'."

"Which is exactly why we aren't naming our child Logan."

He grinned, his hand returning to her stomach. Closing his eyes to think, his fingers tapped a steady beat.

"Logan, could you stop that, please?"

"What?"

"That tapping. Could you stop?"

The corner of his mouth quirked up in a sloppy half-smile. "Sorry."

After a few moments, he ventured another suggestion. "Rebecca?"

"Then we'd have to call her Becky."

"Kid don't really strike me as a Becky."

"So Rebecca's out."

"Guess so. Stephanie?"

"Doesn't that sound like a soap-opera name?"

"Huh?"

"It's like when a soap opera finally realizes its characters have outrageous names and they try to compensate. So you might have Gemstone, Moonstar, and Stephanie."

"Um…"

"No Stephanie."

A sudden force beneath Logan's hand caused him to jerk back in surprise.

"What the fuck was that?!" he shouted from his now upright position.

Ororo caressed her own stomach, smiling slightly. "Logan, your language."

He repeated himself, quieter this time. "What was that? Did it hurt? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It was just the baby kicking."

"Kickin'? Darlin', that was more'n a kick."

Her glittering blue eyes met his and she smiled sweetly. "I wonder where our baby could have developed such a temper."

"Beats me." Logan returned to his position next to Ororo, his hand resting on her protectively.

Several minutes passed before Logan tried yet another suggestion.

"Claire?" He drummed his fingers on her belly.

Ororo moved her hand over his to still them. "Sounds too much like Clarice."

"So?"

She contorted her face and threw out her best Hannibal Lecter impression. "Yes or no, Clarice?"

Logan gave her a sidelong glance. "No. Definitely, no." He paused. "Ellen?"

"No."

"Olivia?"

"Meh."

"Meh?"

"Meh." She repeated.

"Bambi?" He joked.

She snorted.

He smiled.

A late summer's breeze flowed through the window, carrying a few strands of Ororo's hair to tickle Logan's chest.

After a few minutes, he spoke again.

"Barbara?"

"Too old."

"Hnh."

"Logan, you're doing it again."

"Sorry, darlin'." He spread his fingers out, laying his hand flat against her.

Silence.

"Emma?"

Ororo sat up at this, her hand holding the sheets to cover her naked body. She was certainly not rewarding that suggestion. "Are you kidding me, Logan?"

He shrugged. "What?"

"Emma?!"

He chuckled when he realized the allusion. "Guess not."

"Most certainly not," Ororo responded as she lied back down, snuggling against the length of his body.

More silence.

"Akili?"

"Too…Greek hero." She glanced at him. "Where'd you come up with that one?"

"It's Tanzanian."

Her eyes narrowed. "Have you been researching baby names, Logan?"

He squirmed slightly. "I found a site."

"Dork."

His steel eyes flashed in a mocking glare. "You wanna say that again?"

Ororo grinned, tilting her head just enough to whisper in his ear, "You heard me the first time."

Logan growled slightly as he turned Ororo over in his arms, pinning her back to the bed. His mouth immediately clasped over her collar bone as his head sought refuge in the crook of her neck. He barely had time to savor the taste of her skin before another idea struck him.

He popped his head up to ask her, "How 'bout Elizabeth?"

With a slight roll of her eyes, Ororo shoved him off of her, "Do you want her to have purple hair?"

"Fine. You suggest somthin'."

"Samuel?"

"We're havin' a girl. I told ya."

"You never know –"

"I know, darlin'."

"Well, then how about Samantha?"

"Too much like Samuel."

"Yes, Logan. That was the point."

"Nah. It ain't fer her."

"Hannah?"

He grunted at the suggestion.

"Sophia?"

Another grunt.

"Emily?"

Grunt.

"Danielle?"

Grunt.

"Logan!"

"Grace."

"What?"

Logan's hand moved gently over her belly. He turned to look at her and his eyes lit up, his features almost childlike. "Grace Howlett."

The corners of her mouth lifted slowly as she thought the name over. Her gaze shifted to her and Logan's entwined fingers resting on the swell of her abdomen. "You like that, Gracie?"

Another Author's Note: Just wanted to say thanks to Windrider! Thanks for the help, darlin'. ::tips hat:: hehe...





You must login () to review.