** ** indicates telepathic communication.
‘ ’ indicates thought
“ ” indicates spoken words

“…and come with me on a short trip”

“Ah, you,” Cornelius stepped towards Logan’s and Ororo’s cell. “How is our prize subject?”

Instead of answering Ororo just slid back, trying to keep as far away from them as possible. In her serum-induced fear, she failed to notice that she had subconsciously moved towards Logan and that he himself had moved forward to position himself between his female and the newcomers.

“Grrr,” he growled at Wraith, recognizing his smell as that of the one who had hurt him and his mate.
“Muzzle the animal,” Wraith barked at his soldiers, who immediately cocked their rifles.
“NO,” Cornelius stepped forward and raised his hand. “We don’t do this unless he is alone. I don’t want to take any more chances. Do you understand Colonel?”
“Hmph,” Wraith scowled at him. “Stand down.” The soldiers lowered their weapons and stepped back.

“You,” Cornelius gestured towards Ororo. “Come here.”
Ororo shook her head and slid further back, her heart beating rapidly, her breathing shallow. Normally she wouldn’t have had such a reaction, but the serum coupled with the underground closed cell was playing havoc on her.
“Come forward,” Cornelius repeated. “Or we shoot one of them,” he lifted his finger over his shoulder to point at one of the girls. “Come to the door.”

Gathering her courage, Ororo started moving towards the door, taking small steps so as not to startle the hair-trigger Wolverine.
“Grrrr…” Wolverine started towards her.
“No,” she whispered tightly under her breath, her hand gesturing him to stay back and away from her.
“Ummmm….” He whimpered as he slid back away from her. ‘No,’ he knew that word well, having heard it a lot in the past couple of days. But now? She was going away. They were taking his female away.

They were taking his mate away.

-----

“Grrrrowwwl,” he gave a threatening growl and -snikt- unsheathed his claws.
“NO,” she spoke louder this time. “Stay back.”
“Give him some incentive,” Cornelius gestured to the soldiers. “But aim carefully. I don’t want the female harmed.”

*BAMM BAMM BAMM BAMM*

Three armor-piercing bullets tore into his sides, the fourth one taking out half of his face.
“Logan,” Ororo started towards the toppled form of her teammate.
“STOP,” Cornelius’ yell echoed in the corridor and cells. “Come to the door, or else….”

On his silent instructions, two of the soldiers turned around to face the other cell; the two teenaged girls clear within their sights.

-----

“Good,” he leered at the African beauty as she stepped through the door, towering almost a head over him. “Open the other door,” he commanded.
Seconds later, she found herself pushed into her previous cell, Jubilee and Kitty instantly coming to her side.
“Till next time,” Cornelius smirked as one of the soldiers slammed the door shut, its loud clang ringing in their ears. “Unless you are already pregnant. In which case…..” he let his words trail off.

“Get that one,” Wraith pointed towards the silent German mutant.
“Him?” Mallory interrupted as she turned to her boss. “Why him? I thought we were going to study one of the other females today.”
“Later,” Wraith answered for Cornelius. “Right now I want to know more about him. He is quiet….too quiet for my liking. The sooner we deal with him, the sooner we can dispose of this mutant trash.”

“Yes,” Cornelius agreed with him. “Get him,” he instructed the soldiers. “And don’t drug him. I want him awake and his blood stream clean. We don’t know anything about him as yet, except that he teleports and looks like a demon from the depths of hell.”
“Well,” Wraith grinned, his facial scars contorting and making him look even uglier. “Lets get to work to send him back home.”

-----

In their attention towards the females and the other male, none of them noticed Wolverine crawling towards them.

-SWIPE- the air bristled a little as he slashed one clawed hand through the bars.

“Holy Fuck,” one of the soldiers yelped and jumped away as the head of the soldier standing beside him fell right off the remainder of his body. “He….he….”

He cocked his gun and started firing blindly at Wolverine who was caught in that position, his arms curled between the bars.

“Shit,” Wraith stepped back, just avoiding the toppling body of the decapitated soldier. “Fire, fire, fire.”
Instantly the remaining four soldiers took positions and joined the first one in ‘punishing’ the writhing ‘animal’.

“STOP,” Cornelius yelled out. “STOP IT.”

Paying no attention to the cries of the wrinkly scientist, the soldiers continued firing until they spent all their rounds.
“Stop,” one word from Wraith caused them to cease their actions instantly. “Remove the body and clean this all up.”
“Yes sir,” one of the soldiers gave a shaky response.

“And when it recovers,” he pointed at the bleeding mutant. “Feel free to do target practice on it. Its not as if we need it now.”
“We need it,” Cornelius gritted out. “No one will touch Wolverine or harm him. Not until I have completed the first stage of our experiment.”

“Get the other out,” Wraith turned away from him, their animosity not going unnoticed by the keen eyes of the ‘pheromone’ wielding Stacy.

-----

“What are you going to do with him?” Mallory inquired as the soldiers were tying Nightcrawler to the bed, thick metallic straps across his neck, upper and forearms, mid section, thighs and ankles.

“We’ll start with the basics,” Cornelius spoke from the other side of the bed. “Blood, skin, physical attributes the usual.”
“Oh,” she let out with a feeling of foreboding.
“Then, I plan to retrieve skin samples from here, here and here,” he pointed to Kurt’s shoulder, outer thighs and back.”
“Why three places?” Mallory tried to reason. “Shouldn’t one time be enough?”
“Maybe,” Cornelius shrugged; a menacing smile on his wrinkled face. “But….a scientist does more than one test, under more than one set of conditions. I want to test and compare to find out how does the teleportation works.”

“I am going to sit this out,” Mallory held her hand up to her head. “I having a killer headache going on.”
“Oh,” the old man walked to her side. “Are you alright?”
“I’ll be fine. Just need to get some sleep,” she rested a hand on his shoulder. “Its not as if we got much sleep last night.”
“Hmmm,” Cornelius felt proud of himself. “Maybe you should go and sleep. We aren’t going to get much sleep tonight either.”
“Ok,” Mallory gave him a sickeningly sweet smile and hurried out of the room, barely containing the anger and pain welling up in her usually cold heart.

-----

“Where do you think you are going?” Wraith caught up with her.
“To my room,” she answered as she continued walking to her room. “I am not feeling well.”
“Too bad,” he snapped and pulled her towards his own suite. “I am feeling angry and need to drain some of it.”
“Go, jack it off,” she pulled away from him. “I am really not feeling well.”

“What’s wrong with you bitch?” Even Wraith was worried now. Mallory was one of the most sexually active and experimental women he had met. She used to tire him out and that allowed him to get a nice restful sleep….and that was something he needed sorely.
“I told you, I am NOT FEELING WELL,” she spelled it out clearly and slowly.
“Ok, go rest your cunt,” he pushed her shoulder, trying to express his superiority. “But I want you in my room tonight.”
“Too bad,” she repeated her previous answer. “I am busy tonight.”

“What, sucking that pill erected limp old dick?” Wraith spat out. “What does he have that you are always on your knees for him?”
“Something that you DON’T,” she threw at him as she turned away for him.

-----

“Got kicked in the nuts, huhn,” Victor Creed spoke from a few feet away.
“What are you doing here ‘tooth,” Wraith barked at the taller mutant. He hated Sabertooth as much as he hated the rest of his kind, perhaps more. In fact, the only mutant he hated more than Sabertooth was Wolverine.

If he had his way, he would lock them up together and throw away the key. Let them fight and kill each other. With the winner feeding off the loser, just like the animals they were.

“None of yer business,” Creed grinned and flashed his teeth. “Cornelius asked fer me ta come.”
“What for?” Wraith narrowed his eyes.
“Like I said,” Sabertooth followed the retreating form of Mallory. “None of yer business. Although, I must say, I got here just in time. Got to see, the old man’s pet piss all over ya. Feisty one; ain’t she.”
“You keep your mutant paws off her,” Wraith warned uselessly.
“Or else….” Sabertooth stepped to him, hulk towering more than half a feet over the human. “Ya guys need me. And ya know ya can’t do anything ta me. Yer boss will whip yer ass and make ya eat yer own shit.”

“Filthy animal,” Wraith spat at him and made a strategic retreat.

“Keep my hands offa her,” Creed grinned as he stood alone in the hallway. “Sure. Who wants to put their ‘hands’ on her? When I have something much better to put IN her.”

-----

Much later,

“What do you think they are doing to Kurt?” Kitty broke the silence. It had been more than eight hours since they had taken their teammate away.
“I do not know,” Ororo answered tiredly. She was feeling weak, not having fully recovered from her own ‘torture’, both mental and physical. “One thing I am sure off is that its nothing like what they did to me.”

“What did they do to you?” Jubilee leaned towards her.
“I don’t remember much,” Ororo answered frankly. “I was unconscious most to of the time.”

“They are testing him,” Logan’s guttural voice sounded from his cell. “They’ll bleed him, poke him, skin him….and then they will start experimenting on him.”
“Logan,” was all Ororo said. Feeling safe from the distance between her and her male teammate, she found herself talking and behaving almost normally. She had an inkling of what Kurt was suffering at the hands of the mad scientist, but didn’t want to reveal it to the girls. “We do not know that.”
“Yeah we do,” he raised his head from the floor, dried blood matting his long dirt filled hair. “I do. Got done on me….hundreds of times. They want ta be thorough. They…..”

He grew silent, his nose catching an approaching scent.

“…..she’s coming.”

-----

“Who?” Ororo stuck her head against the bars to see who he was referring to.
“The blue bitch,” Logan grunted. “And she ain’t alone. Got Wraith with her and the elf. Also got Wraith’s puppies tagging along with them.”
“Have you been able to ascertain who she is impersonating here?” Ororo asked softly.
“Na,” he shook his head and sat up, cracking his joints to loosen them. “Got an idea, but still ain’t sure. All this blood is throwing me off.”

“Who…” was all Ororo could say before the door slid open, and an unconscious Kurt was dragged in by two soldiers, with Wraith, Mallory and half a dozen soldiers following them.

In Wraith’s hand was an all too familiar rifle, its ammunition box being carried by the female.

-----

“Ready for round two,” he came and stood before Logan. “Get the next one,” he commanded over his shoulder as he loaded and took aim at the feral mutant.

“That one,” Mallory pointed out at the next subject.
“No,” Ororo stepped in front of her younger teammates. “Take me instead.”

“Leave her alone.”


Note: Please Review and let me know your ideas about the choice of the next 'subject' n' your reasons for it!!





You must login () to review.