Ororo gently stroked the soft tufts of ebony hair that crowned her son’s sleeping head. He was so perfect, she thought with a tender smile. Such an amazing gift. With a whispered goodnight and a touch of her lips to his baby smooth cheek she left the nursery, careful to leave the door open a crack, even though the monitor was in the living room with Logan.
Who was pacing the floor when she emerged from the hall. “Logan, sit down,” she said lightly. “Relax.”
“Relax?” He looked at her like she’d just grown a third foot from the center of her forehead. “How exactly do ya expect me ta relax, darlin’ when yer getting body parts fer Christmas presents.”
She crossed the room to where he stood and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I must admit the whole rotted heart was a bit disconcerting, but Hank will examine it tomorrow, and until then there is no sense worrying about it.”
Logan tangled his fingers in her unbound hair. “’Ro, this fucker threatened you. I can’t let that slide.”
“We’re not even sure it was Sebastian Shaw. I’ve met the man. He doesn’t seem the type for such a trivial prank.” Ororo said, turning her face into his palm.
He was distracted for a moment by the feel of her lips on his skin. “A prank would be TP-ing the Institute or putting green food coloring in yer shampoo. This is not a prank, Ororo. It’s a threat, and I’m takin’ it very, very seriously.”
“I can see that. Then I have nothing to worry about,” she smiled at him. “Let’s go to bed.”
“I’ll be up in a minute. I wanna make a phone call.”
“Logan-”
“I’ll be right up.” He gave her a quick, hard kiss.
Ororo didn’t argue, instead making her way up the staircase to their bedroom, her fingertips noiselessly trailing the banister. The upstairs was dark, and for a moment Ororo hesitated at the top of the stairs, a cold chill dancing along her spine, making her wrap her arms about herself in an attempt to ward it off. Foolish, she chided herself. This was her home, no way was she letting some sicko scare her into being afraid of the dark. She walked through their bedroom door with determined strides.
Once inside she flicked on her bedside lamp, a low wattage bulb casting the room in an amber glow. She pulled her fuzzy gray top over her head and unzipped her long black skirt, letting the thick material slide past her hips. A quick flick of her foot sent the garments across the carpet to the wall. She stretched her arms behind her, unclasping her white lace bra and flinging it with a careless toss.
After a quick face wash and a brush of her teeth Ororo left the newly added upstairs washroom, and made her way to her vanity in the corner of the bedroom. She sat on the small bench, reaching for her comb. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of the bristles on her scalp.
“Beautiful.”
Ororo’s eyes snapped open. Behind her in the mirror stood Shinobi Shaw, his sensual lips twisted in a hateful smile. Her heart stuttered and her hand shook. No. He was dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Sliced to ribbons by Wolverine.
The bedroom door creaked and the image vanished. “Hey, darlin’.” Logan walked into the room. “I got Fury lookin’ in on Sebastian Shaw… Ororo?”
“You didn’t see him?” she whispered.
Logan looked around the room. “See who?”
Ororo swallowed. “No one. Nothing.” She took a shaky breath.
Logan moved to her side, pulling her into his arms, her bare skin rubbing his flannel. He stroked her back soothingly. “Who’d ya think ya saw?”
Ororo tucked her face into his neck. “Shinobi.”
Logan growled. “He’s dead, darlin’.”
“I know. I guess I’m a bit more shaken than I thought I was.”
“I ain’t gonna let anyone hurt ya ever again, baby.”
Ororo smiled lifting her head. “The same goes for you.”
With a low growl Logan captured her pouty lips in a slow, intoxicating kiss. He nipped her full top lip, and then licked along the seam of her minty fresh mouth. “I love ya, darlin’.”
“I love you.” She returned, pushing his shirt from his shoulders. “I need you.” She kissed him, her tongue brushing his teeth, teasing his canines and tasting the faint remains of a recently smoked cigar.
He groaned her name, pulling her from the bench and tossing her gently onto the bed. He removed his own clothing hurriedly, wanting to press himself against her with nothing between them. Once naked he lowered his head, his mouth skimming her silken skin from ankle to ear. “God damn, yer sexy,” he growled at her, his eyes dilated in his need for her.
Ororo laughed throatily. He made her feel sexy. She lifted her hips beseechingly. “I need you, inside of me,” she whispered into the dark hairs at his temple.
Logan grunted, parting her thighs and carefully sinking into her warm, wet center. He felt the blood rush from his head in a mad descent to his groin and the air left his lungs in a rush of pleasure. Christ.
Ororo moaned, her fingernails digging into the muscles on his shoulders. Logan. Her heart. She lifted her legs, locking him to her. “Do you feel that, love? How hot and wet you make me?” she asked huskily.
A short grunt was the response he managed. He began to move in slow, unhurried strokes, pulling nearly free, then sinking deep. Home. He was home when he was with her.
It only took moments for the friction and pressure to build and the slow pace evaporated under the scorching passion that flared to life between them. Breathless gasps mingled with harsh grunts as their mad dance reached its crescendo and the world exploded around them.
“I love you!” Ororo cried, her back arched, her nails scoring the taught muscles of his back and her mouth opened in cry of wonder as ripples of ecstasy washed over her.
Logan couldn’t respond every muscle in his body tensed as he emptied himself into her, pressed so tightly into her it felt like he was bruising her. He rested his damp forehead on her shoulder, his breathing ragged.
“Some day this will fade, right?” Ororo teased, panting.
Logan growled in her ear, causing her to shiver anew. “Don’t count on it, babe.” He kissed her cheek, rolling from her and pulling her into the familiar position across his chest. Once their breathing had returned to normal and the night breeze had cooled their sweat dampened skin Logan bent his head and kissed her softly. “G’night, angel.”

Morning

“There is no mistake. The heart belonged to Shinobi Shaw.”
Ororo couldn’t quite help the flare of relief she felt at Henry McCoy‘s proclamation.
“Okay, so that tells us what we already knew. Shinobi Shaw is dead. But now we need to know who left it.” Cyclops said from his position leaning against the white wall of Hank’s lab.
“It’s a pretty safe bet it was that fucker’s old man,” Logan said. “The initials were SS.”
“Yes, but the card read: my heart remains yours. Sebastian Shaw had nothing to do with Ororo.” Henry pointed out, removing his white lab coat and hanging it on a silver hook beside Cyclops.
“He could just be messing with her mind.” Scott suggested.
Henry nodded. “That is a possibility. The Professor was trying to contact Mr. Shaw this morning to see what information, if any, he could get out of the elder Shaw. He seemed very intent on getting to the bottom of this mystery. He is very fond of Ororo, after all.”
“And Chuck thinks Shaw’s just gonna willingly play a round of twenty questions? The guy is threatening my wife. Let me talk to him.” -SNIKT-
“We’re all fond of Storm,” Cyclops said. “But seeing as to whom we’re dealing with, there is a level of decorum needed and the Professor is best suited for the task. He’ll do whatever he can to protect Storm.”
“Could you maybe quit talking about me like I’m not in the room,” Ororo asked with a frown.
Logan squeezed the back of her neck reassuringly. “Sorry, babe.”
She relaxed slightly, leaning into his side. He wrapped one arm around her back, his warm hand resting on the soft swell of her hip.
“Until the Professor gets some answers, we’re just going to have to wait. Storm, you aren’t to leave the Institute,” Cyclops said firmly.
Ororo rolled her eyes. “I’m not going to let whoever is behind this scare me into hiding.”
“’Ro.” Sturdy fingers tightened on her hip in warning. She crossed her arms stubbornly.
“Perhaps a compromise,” Beast suggested, sensing tension brewing.
Ororo glanced at him. “Such as?”
“No leaving the Institute without an escort.” he suggested with a hopeful shrug.
Ororo nodded. “That sounds reasonable-”
“No. No leaving without me,” Logan amended.
“Fine.” she sighed, knowing that stubborn set of his jaw far too well to argue.

Rec Room

“Mom!” Jubilee shot up from her seat in front of the big screen TV where she and Bobby Drake were playing some video game, a wide grin on her face.
“Well, she adjusted to that rather well,” Ali commented. She and Ororo were on their way to the new nursery to pick up the babies for lunch, when Ororo had suggested they track down Jubilee and see if she wanted to join them.
Ororo laughed. “It would seem so.” She smiled at the petite brunettes racing towards her. “Hey, Jubes.”
Jubilee grinned, snapping a bubble. “What’re you two up to?”
“Just going to get the kids,” Ali said.
“Oh, yeah?”
Ororo inclined her head. “Mmhm. Thought we’d take lunch in the kitchen as opposed to the cafeteria, seeing as how there’s hardly anyone here now. Want to join us?”
“You bet. Let me tell Bobby where I’m going.” Jubilee turned to leave.
Ororo gave a half smile. “Logan’s not going to like that.”
“What? Jubie with Frosty?” Ali waved her hand. “Pfft. The kid’s harmless.”
“Ok, then you tell him.”
Ali laughed. “No thanks. I like my head attached to my shoulders.”
Ororo grinned. “Oh, he’s not that bad.”
“Right. And it’s safe to swallow razors.”
Jubilee returned a moment later, a smile on her pretty face and a rosy hue to her golden skin.
“Jubilation Lee!” Ororo gasped as Jubes shrugged into her ever present yellow slicker. She tilted the girl’s head to the side. “Is that a hickey?”
Jubilee blushed. “Uhhh…”
“You’d better pray your father doesn’t see that.” Ororo scolded.
Ali chuckled. “You’re pretty good at this Mom stuff.”
“Oh, yeah. A natural. I let my teenage daughter out of my sight for thirty seconds and she comes back hoovered. Swell parenting skills.”
“Could be worse,” Ali supplied.
“I fail to see how so.”
Ali‘s grin broadened. “She could be dating someone like Gambit and have a tattoo or two.”
“True.” Ororo chuckled.
“I ‘eard dat, chere.”
Ororo turned, smiling warmly at her attractive brother. “Still eavesdropping I see, brother dear?”
“Not at all, Stormy. Jus’ came t’ see what my favorite women were up t’.”
“Lunch.” Ali supplied, brushing a soft kiss on is lips.
“Sounds like a good idea. Jean be looking for you,” he said casually.
Ali tensed. “Did she say why?”
“Non. But she seemed jus’ as upset as you jus’ got, ma petite bella.” Gambit’s red on black eyes narrowed speculatively.
Ali tried to look nonchalant. “I’m not upset. Just wondering what Pom-Pom wants with me. I’d, uh, better go find out.” She backed away from the group. “I’ll catch you later, Storm. See you at dinner, Rem.”
“Sure t’ing, cherie,” Gambit said, quietly musing. “Is it jus’ me, or is Alison actin’ strange?”
“You mean more so than her usual freaky self?” Jubilee asked. “Nope. Odd as ever.”
Ororo watched her friend’s hasty retreat. “A bit,” she agreed with Gambit.
“Well, looks like it’s jus’ us for lunch den.” He ran one gloved hand through his auburn hair, his gaze still on the doorway Ali had disappeared through. Ali had barely slept all night, tossing and turning. At first Gambit thought she was simply upset over the disturbing present Stormy had received, but now he wondered if something else was bothering his new fiancé.


Boathouse
Later

Lucien cooed playfully at his father, who was at that moment, making ridiculous faces at the twins. Unlike Luke, Abigail seemed indifferent to her father’s antics, her red eyes watching Chance crawl across the floor.
“Uh-oh, chere. I t’ink my little girl already ‘as a crush on yer boy.” Gambit teased.
“Understandable,” Ororo replied. “He does look so much like his irresistible father.”
Gambit groaned. “Puh-lease, chere. If Chance gets ‘is looks and charisma from anyone, it be ‘is beautiful mot’er.”
Ororo leaned over and kissed his Whiskered cheek. “Ever the charmer,” she murmured.
Jubilee munched a dill pickle thoughtfully. “Y’know, Gamby may be right. Chance does look an awful lot like you, Mum.”
A flash of joy surged through Ororo at Jubilee’s repeated reference to her as her mother. She had been worried that Jubilee wouldn’t accept her as easily as she would Logan, especially considering how close they were in ages. “You think so?”
“Mmhm.” Jubes crunched the last of her pickle and began working on her macaroni salad.
Chance crawled up to Abigail’s pink and white bouncy seat and proceeded to make small grunting sounds at the curly topped girl. Abigail laughed and squealed happily.
Gambit picked up the precocious crawler, lifting him over his head. “Not so fast dere, little Romeo.” he teased.
Abigail let out a hearty wail and Gambit hurriedly placed Chance in front of her again. Ororo laughed as Abigail’s cry hushed instantly and she swatted aimlessly in Chance’s direction.
Lucien gurgled delightedly as Ororo spooned some banana baby food into his open mouth. She ran one finger over his cute little button nose. “If anyone’s going to be a charmer, I think it’ll be you, right, little man?” Lucien opened his mouth and a little burp escaped. He was adorable, Ororo mused, with his slightly darker auburn hair and his red on black eyes, so like his father’s, hidden behind a pair of baby sunglasses. He apparently also shared his father’s light sensitive eyes, whereas Abigail didn’t.
Ororo turned her attention to the curly haired girl who was gripping her father’s finger in fascination. Abigail had Remy’s red irises, but not the black background. The whites of her eyes seemed to glow faintly at all times. Her little bow lips were curved in a curious smile and Ororo thought maybe she and Remy were both mistaken. Perhaps the newest heartbreaker was a little girl with mischief eyes and a heart shaped mouth.
“Where’s Wolvie?” Jubilee asked after awhile. She was reluctant to give up her favorite nickname for her new Pappy, it made him seem more hers, her being allowed to call him that and no one else could.
“I think he’s in the Danger Room,” Ororo said with the smile she always got when thinking about her beloved husband. “Working off some steam.”

Danger Room


Yeeaaarggg!!” The robotic head of the simulated Shinobi Shaw was torn clean off his shoulders, red and blue wires snapping and sparking. Wolverine held it up in front of his face, then with a snarl he sent three deadly claws through the black orb eyes. This was the fourth Shinobi he’d gutted and destroyed in the past hour, and still he wasn’t satisfied.
He had wanted to call forth a Sebastian Shaw simulation but found they had none on file. Damn. He wanted to gut that fucker too.
As much as she feigned nonchalance Logan knew Ororo was disturbed by recent events. If he hadn’t felt her tossing and turning all night, then the increased snowfall and blustering winds would have told him that she was upset.
With a disgusted snort he tossed the robotic head across the room and called up another program. For a moment there was no response, no change in the scenery, then the room flickered and a visual shimmered into being around him. Wolverine tensed. This was not the program he had called up. The Danger Room suddenly resembled Shinobi Shaw’s bedroom, the mirrored walls reflecting a very agitated looking Wolverine.
“I will have her.”
Wolverine whirled, the accented voice echoing through his mind. Shaw. No one was behind him. Not that he really expected there to be. The fucker was dead, gutted and castrated by Wolverine’s own hands. He sniffed the air, but caught nothing of the man he’d killed.
“I will take her from you, Wolverine, and there is nothing you can do to stop me, you pathetic little man.”
Logan shifted position, his body coiled and ready top strike. This was no Danger Room program, this was something else entirely. “End Program,” he commanded on a growl.
The room flickered and faded, but not before Wolverine heard low, male taunting laughter. He marched from the room, his angry strides taking him down the corridor and to the elevator. Time to have a little one on one with Xavier.

Headmaster’s Office

“When did this happen?” Charles Xavier asked, a worried frown on his face.
“Just now,” Wolverine growled.
The Professor nodded slowly, as if digesting what Logan had just told him. “My attempts to reach Sebastian Shaw have been unsuccessful. He has means and money, perhaps he has found a way to hack into our computer system. I will send for Shadowcat, and perhaps she can decipher what happened.” He rolled to the large window behind his desk, staring out at the swirling snow. “In the meantime, Wolverine, stay close to Ororo.”
There was an underlying tension in Xavier’s tone that raked over Logan like nails on a chalkboard. For the first time since he’d met the man, Professor Xavier looked completely unsettled. It was not something Logan had ever expected to see, and it bothered him more than he cared to admit.
“Ain’t no one getting near ‘Ro, Chuck.”
Xavier flashed him a quick glance. “I trust you to make certain of that, Wolverine. By whatever means necessary.”





You must login () to review.