Xavier Institute


“I can’t believe how he‘s grown,” Ororo whispered over her shoulder as she leaned above her son’s sleeping form, knowing instinctively that Logan had entered the room, though he had not made a sound. They had arrived back in Westchester over a month ago, both needing serious amounts of medical attention. Upon arrival they had been greeted by their children. Jubilee had been on the platform, holding Chance in her arms.
Both Ororo and Logan had openly wept from their stretchers, uncaring that they, the two most emotionally reserved X-Men, were laying their souls bare as they clung to each other and their children. Their family.
“It’s good to be home,” Ororo continued.
“Hnh.”
Letting her fingers trail Chance’s dark wavy locks Ororo turned, a curious look on her face. “What?”
Logan approached her, wearing a gray sweatshirt and faded jeans, his feet bare and his long hair still damp from his shower. “Been thinkin’.”
Ororo stepped to him. “About?” She twined her arms around his neck, thankful and blessed to be able to do so. Strong arms enfolded her and she heard her husband’s distinctive rumble as he inhaled her through her hair.
Logan sighed heavily. “The cost of being an X-Man.”
Ororo tilted her head, but remained silent, studying his set features.
“I never questioned it before,” he said quietly, his thick timbre lowering further. “Never needed ta. It was a job. If I got hurt, so what…but now…” he shook his head. “I can’t lose ya, darlin’. I just can’t.”
Ororo took his hand, meshing their fingers together. “Let’s talk in our room.” She led him from the small adjacent room that was temporarily Chance’s nursery. They were once again staying in the mansion, since the boathouse was destroyed.
“What is it you want, Logan?” she asked softly, settling on the end of their bed. “To leave the X-Men?”
He exhaled a pent up breath. “Would that be so bad? To have a life of our own, away from this place.”
Ororo was surprised. “Logan?”
“I ain’t the type ta walk away from a fight, ‘Ro. Ya know that, but it ain’t just you and me at stake no more.” He sat beside her. “All I know is that I can’t stomach the idea of you, Chance or Jubes being hurt. It‘s dangerous here.”
“It’s dangerous anywhere we go.” She smiled gently at him. “The world is full of people that hate us,” she murmured, caressing the nape of his neck. “For no other reason than that we exist. There will always be danger, love, no matter where we are. But at least here, we can give our children a fighting chance, a place that they are safe, where they can be free to be themselves without fear of persecution. It is a small measure of safety, but it is the best we can offer.”
“Yeah, real fuckin’ safe,” he grumbled, unconsciously leaning into her touch.
Ororo moved into him, kissing the side of his perpetually whiskered face. “Logan, you need to stop blaming yourself.”
Logan raised one raven brow, though he shouldn’t have been surprised that his beautiful wife saw through him to what was really eating at him.
“I trust you with my life, Logan, and with the lives of our children and future children.” Slowly she reached for his hand and placed it over the gentle swell of her stomach.
Logan cocked his head.
“Right here,” Ororo whispered, “is our newest miracle.” She laughed softly as Logan’s mouth dropped open slightly.
“’Ro…?”
She nodded. “I knew Christmas Eve, and I was going to tell you, but then all the craziness with Shinobi happened…and I never got around to it. During our captivity Shinobi had his telepaths manipulate my mind into believing that I had lost our child.” Her voice shook. “But when we returned and Hank did an ultrasound to locate the bullet lodged in my abdomen, we saw her. Our daughter.”
Logan’s breathing hitched. “She’s all right?” His fingers flexed.
Ororo nodded. “She is perfect. The bullet completely missed her.”
“My God, ‘Ro.” He shuddered.
“This is our home, Logan. Jubilee and Chance, Ali and Remy, the twins and Xavier. Kitty and Kurt, Jean and Scott, Peter and Bobby…are you getting this? They are all our family, and our place is beside them. We may never achieve the dream of peaceful coexistence, but I believe it’s worth fighting for. A future worth giving our children.”
Logan chuckled ruefully.
“What’s so funny?”
“You.” He turned so that they were facing each other, cupping her jaw between his warm palms. “I’m just remembering the girl I saw one summer afternoon in faded jeans and a ‘Mutant’s Do It Better” shirt, a rebellious tilt to her chin and a chip on her shoulder. Not wanting to be here any more than I did at the time…”
A wistful smile touched her full lips. “We’ve both changed.”
“That we have, darlin’.” His thumbs caressed the lines of her cheekbones. “Ya’ve given me so much.” His lips brushed hers in a tantalizingly brief caress. “Love.” Another light kiss. “My son.” His fingers grazed her abdomen. “Two daughters.” his teeth nipped her chin. “A future.”
“Our future,” she confirmed with a sigh as he captured her mouth in a heated kiss. Strong fingers threaded through her shoulder length white tresses, pulling her closer, holding her steady as he plundered her moist recess.
“Yer my everything,” he whispered, his graveled voice causing her blood to turn molten and liquid heat to pool heavy between her thighs.
“Ohh, Logan…”
He grunted. “I still love the way you say my name,” he lovingly pushed her back onto the soft tan comforter, deftly untying the knot at her waist, allowing the fuzzy material to fall open. Logan growled. Ororo was a magnificent sight to behold. He ran the flat of one hand from the base of her throat to the juncture of her smooth thighs. “Perfect,” he groaned.
“I love you,” Ororo whispered, holding his hard gaze. “Wherever you are, Logan, I am.” she threaded her fingers into his thick hair. “Always.”
“Always,” he asserted, lowering his head to hers.
They kissed with every ounce of feeling they possessed, their souls laid open for each other. “My fierce warrior,” Ororo whispered, her bottom lip trembling.
“My only,” Logan returned.
With shaking fingers Ororo gripped the bottom of Logan’s loose sweatshirt and tugged it over his head. She smiled tenderly into his darkening eyes, her thumbs brushing the flat heads of his copper nipples. He jerked reflexively, his lip curling in a beautiful snarl. She loved when he looked like this-- so passionate--so feral. Hers. She tightened her fingers in his thick mane of hair, holding him almost desperately.
Logan dropped his head protectively over hers, his breathing ragged with desire. “Yer my everything, ‘Ro.”
She burrowed closer, pulling him fully onto her, moving sinuously against the bulge in his jeans.
Logan tightened his arms, sheltering her. His mouth moved over her silken skin, leaving a trail of moist fire along the slender column of her throat and over her collar bone, until settling on one taut peak.
Ororo arched off the bed, his name a reverent cry on her lips.
Logan smiled, a truly genuine smile of happiness. Goddamn, he loved her.
She lay her hands on his hips, tugging the waistband of his jeans. “Off,” she said huskily, staring at his sensual features. Very slowly she lifted her mouth to his and kissed him slowly, deliberately, thoroughly. Completely. Her tongue swept into his mouth, teasing him, cajoling him.
Logan groaned, feeling the familiar wrenching deep in his heart. She did things to him no one had ever done before, made him feel…alive. Not the dead, hollowed out monster he had believed himself to be before she had brought her light into his dark world. His wife. His precious ‘Ro.
He found her neck again, and trailed kisses along the side. His teeth scraped her shoulders. “Off?” he teased.
Ororo raised her head, her blue eyes earnest. “I need you.”
Logan growled. He needed her as well. Fiercely. Hungrily. He levered himself away from her for a moment, jerking his pants from his hard body.
Ororo gave a faint gasp at the sight of his arousal. No matter how many times they were together, she never got over her awe of him. Her fingers brushed his skin and she delighted in his uninhibited response to her. She trailed her fingers over his hard belly, smiling when she felt him suck in his breath.
Long, elegant fingers wrapped around his hard length and Logan shuddered with pleasure. He caught her head in his hands, pulling her closer. He was in full need now, aching with it. “Jesus, baby, what ya do ta me.” He ground between clenched teeth as her hand stroked.
Ororo gave a throaty chuckle, rolling so that she was levered above him. “We’ve only just begun,” she whispered, lowering her head. Her breath teased the velvet tip of him, making his hips surge off the mattress. Her mouth was hot and wet.
“Cripes!”
Ororo leaned up and laughed, her fingers still working their magic.
She looked lush and sexy in the dark, an erotic gift, just for him, he thought, watching her with eyes heavy lidded with desire. He cupped her full breasts in his hands, kneading them with great care. With only his touch he urged her forward, nudging her legs apart with his knees so that she straddled him.
“Put me in,” he commanded gruffly.
Ororo sighed with heady pleasure, feeling his hardness twitch against her slick folds. “Sometimes, love, you can be very demanding,” she teased.
“Mmhm.” He squeezed her buttocks, urging her on.
Slowly, Ororo lowered herself onto his heavy fullness, her breath hissing from clenched teeth and a low moan escaping her parted lips.
There was a dull roar and Logan wondered if all the blood was rushing to his head, but he soon realized it was the wind picking up. It sang outside the windows, heralding an approaching storm. Logan grinned.
He surged upward, gripping her hips and pulling her firmly down on top of him. Together they were magic. Nature itself responding to the fire they created together. Logan’s hands roved, his mouth hot on her skin as he sucked her finger into his mouth, nipping at her knuckle.
She was his light, his angel. She drove away the demons of the past, took away his darkness and loneliness, and gave him more than he ever believed he could have. Home. She gave him such happiness and pleasure, there were times he honestly wondered if he would survive it.
Her inarticulate cry was muffled as he rolled them again, driving deep into her. She was so hot, incredibly tight and exquisite in her passion. She wrapped her legs around his hips, arcing into his thrusts, wrapping him in her velvet sheathe. She whispered to him in a language he didn’t understand, but the meaning was clear.
Ororo cried out as Logan buried himself to the hilt, rocking her into the bed. He was hers, and hers alone, and he showed her using his body, how much he worshipped her. “Logan,” she moaned.
His body continued to take her in demanding possession, each thrust punctuated by a throaty growl and a breathless cry. A bolt of lightening sizzled and danced across the sky. Ororo sobbed as he took her. He was making her crazy. Desperate.
Logan curled his fingers into her hair, bunching the silken strands in his fist, his thrust harder and more demanding. A wildness was settling about them. A need to be together as they truly were…daughter of nature and feral.
“…’Ro…?” he questioned, his teeth gleaming in the dark.
“Yes.” she panted, a catch in her voice. “Don’t hold back…never hold back…”
Logan cried out hoarsely, already in ecstasy, but pushed deeper, taking Ororo as his true self. The man with the wildness of a beast inside, but because of her, still and always a man. He kissed her, without restraint, without barriers between them.
Electricity arced overhead, making his hairs stand on end. White hot and sizzling around the room.
Ororo grunted and cried as the friction continued to build and build. Her fingernails scored the broad expanse of his sweat slicked back, her throaty cries urging her husband into a frenzy.
Logan anchored her hips as he thrust into her, their bodies slamming together fiercely. Savagely beautiful. He threaded his fingers into her damp hair, tilting her head back so that he could stare into her eyes.
Ororo held him tightly, their lips skimming each other as they moved, her soft grunts mixing with his dark growls.
Logan pressed a flurry of light kisses on her chin and jaw.
Ororo licked her lips, drawing his molten gaze back to her mouth. “Mark me, Logan.” she said hoarsely.
Silken lips curled back to reveal sharp canines. “Yer mine,” he snarled, latching onto her exposed throat in the curve beside her shoulder.
“Always,” she exclaimed, the brief flash of pain his teeth created mixing with the exquisite pleasure he was giving her elsewhere making her insane.
Logan thrust into her wildly, uninhibited, completely untamed and then they were both exploding, fragmenting in each other’s arms. Logan lifted his head, his guttural cry of release torn from the very depths of his soul.
“Logan!!” Ororo screamed his name, thunder shaking the mansion and rattling the windows.

A long while later…

Logan glanced down at the top of Ororo’s silky head resting on his chest and let the emotions she invoked wash over him. Just watching her sleep brought him a measure of peace he had once believed impossible. “You are my world,” he whispered, his fingers stroking her temples. Ororo gave a contented sigh and snuggled closer. He smiled down at her, thinking of their earlier conversation. She was, of course, right. Their future would never be certain with society dogging them, and anti-mutant agencies like the FoH out there. But with their combined strength and determination, they could make their future what they chose it to be. He could face anything with her at his side, and he knew she felt the same.
A broken cry rent the air and Logan’s smile broadened. Chance.
Ororo stirred but he shushed her, slipping his jeans on and telling her to rest. With predatory silence Logan made his way unerringly through the shadows to his son’s room.
Chance sat in the center of his crib, a disgruntled scowl on his cherubic face.
“Hey, kiddo,” Logan whispered, lifting him.
“Daaddaa.” Chance swatted at his father.
“Holy shit.” Logan felt his heart swell. “Don’t repeat that,” he said quickly. “Yer mama would have my hide.”
Chance cooed. “Mmmamammamamamama.”
“Uh, yeah.” Logan laughed. “So what’s yer issue, Bub?” he asked, sniffing, knowing his son was still dry.
“Ppppbbbbllllppp!” Chance gurgled, then squealed delightedly.
“Uh-huh. What say me and you go grab ourselves a brew. Well, a brew fer me, milk fer you,” Logan shifted Chance to his side, quietly exiting the room.
Once downstairs in the kitchen Logan set Chance in his high chair and settled beside him, popping the top of his beer and handing Chance a sippy cup with milk. Chance grumbled, reaching for the can in Logan’s hand.
“I don’t think so, buddy.” Logan smiled. “This is a Daddy drink.”
“Daddaaa.”
“Right.”
Ppppfftftfpp.”
“Ya make a good point, but the answer’s still no.”
Chance gripped the handle of his cup and banged it on his tray.
“Ah, hell, ya would get my temper.” Logan chuffed, taking the cup away from the giggling baby.
“Pppbbblll.”
“Yeah, well, what can I say. I’ve mellowed in my old age.”
“Mamammmamama.” Chubby little arms waved frantically.
Logan smirked. “Yer mama is one in a million, bucko. Why she ever chose me, I’ll never know, but you just be thankful she did. I’ll keep ya safe, Chance. Ya got my word. Until yer old enough ta handle yerself. Hell, even then I’ll be lookin’ out fer ya. I’ll always have yer back, kiddo.”
“As we’ll always have yours,” Ororo said softly from the archway.
Logan looked up, a bit surprised to see her there. Chance squealed, giving his father an ‘I tried ta tell ya’ look.
“Hey, darlin’.”
Ororo padded across the room. Logan pushed his chair back, making room for her on his lap. Chance cooed happily. Ororo handed him his sippy cup and this time he slurped it greedily.
"What the heck is going on?" a sleepy voice asked over a yawn.
"Did we wake you?" Ororo asked a groggy Jubilee.
"You mean with yer earthquake like sexcapades and viscous thunder? Naw, slept through it."
"Kid," Logan warned.
Jubilee waved her hand. "Just playing, Pappy." She settled herself in the seat to Chances right, crooning to him.
“Thank you,” Logan said to Ororo after a short time had passed.
Ororo pressed her lips to his temple. “For?”
One large hand settled over her abdomen and the other gripped Chance’s little hand. “A life worth living and a dream worth fightin‘ for.”
Ororo pulled Chance from his seat and nestled herself against her husband. She reached across the table and enfolded Jubilee's hand in her own. Together, cocooned in the love they shared for one another and their children, Ororo and Logan watched the sun come up over the horizon and welcomed a brand new day.





You must login () to review.