“Professor,” one of them yelled.

“Ororo,” gasped another.

----

In the blink of an eye, everything changed.

In front of their eyes….in front of his eyes, his closest friends, his mentor, his love, both were taken away.

Vanished…just like Magneto.

The x-men had suffered the first casualties of the apocalyptic war.

----

Suddenly….things looked even bleaker.

Suddenly….it became personal.

Suddenly….the students felt lost.

And, just as suddenly...He found himself as the person they turned to.

The person who would lead them in the final battle….the final showdown.

-----

The humans retaliated.

They revived the ‘Sentinels’ and sent them.

The gigantic robots once created to track down and destroy mutants....

….were going to try to destroy the strongest mutant ever.

-----

But….

There’s always a but.

In this case, it was the four secret weapons of the ‘First One’. His four ‘Horsemen of Apocalypse.’

Once they were friends, teammates, even family.

Now…now they are just mere shells of their previous shells. Servants, ready to serve their master.

------

They counter the attacking robots, taking them down easily.

The whole world watches as their best attempt….their final hope, is washed away within moments.

“We need your help,” the SHIELD commander turns to him….to them.

“Already on it,” he responds, his mind working at the speed of light.


“We need four teams,” he steps up the base. “One at each dome and one at the sphinx.”

The others listen attentively. He has been their field commander, but now he is also the leader…the strategist. The most experienced of them all.

He is a living weapon. Created and Trained for killing….for battle. For war.

And this….this is the biggest war of them all.

-----

“We absolutely MUST gain control of those locations,” is their single and final objective.

Today they will fight….today they will use all they have learned. All he has taught them.

All their lost teammates have taught them.

------

They will do that for one single reason….

….for saving the world.

A world that although hates them…..is a world that needs them.

They are its last line of defense.

They are its last hope.

Note: Episode Guide (Spoilers): Season 4 (Impact, Ascension 1)

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.