‘Ok teams, this is it. Everything you’ve ever learned about yourselves. Your strengths and your limits, it all comes down to this very moment. Tonight we’re the world’s last, best hope to stop this madman. So we’re going to trash those pyramids any way we can.’

‘No matter who have to go through to do it.’

-----

The longest and maybe the last speech her ever would give….outlined the goal for each and everyone of them.

They fought as never before….with an enemy like never before.

Four teams….four different places.

Friends and enemies…all joining as one, for one objective.

To defeat and STOP Apocalypse.

-----

But….

The ‘Horsemen’ stopped them.

Their powers amplified by their all-controlling master….helped them to face and overcome all attacks.

Including the ones by the remaining robots.

-----

But….

Yet another one….a good one this time.

He too had set a secret weapon…..the ‘wildcard’ Rogue.

Using powers borrowed from a young ‘power suppressing’ child, she fulfilled her purpose.

She drained everyone and everything in her path…..including the first one.

Allowing him to make the final move…

….and sending Apocalypse through the cracks of time.

-----

Now they gather….separate in their homes. Enjoying a much needed and fought for victory.

“Thanks to you all we have averted catastrophe,” the telepath thanks them all. “It was not without its price however…..”

“…..no matter what awaits us, terrible or wondrous, the x-men will always be there and ready. And of that I am proud of.”

He ends his speech, all of them gathering for a family picture.

-----

“’Ro,” they are sitting together, resting by the lakeside.
“Hmmm…” she nuzzles into him, enjoying the feel of the circle of his arms.

“What now?” he looks down at her tilting face.
“Now?” she is confused. “We go back to living our life. Just as we were before.”

“Just as before,” he rests against her head. “The same way.”
“Yes,” she senses his uneasiness. “Logan, is something wrong?”

“No darlin’,” he kisses her snowy locks. “Just thinkin’.”
“About?”

“The school Life….Us.”
“Us?” she draws away from him, sitting up to face him. “What about us?”

-----

“I don’t wanta lose you,” he says gravely, his face contorting in a frown at the memory of her being captured…being twisted into a mindless slave. “I don’t think I’ll be able to bear it again.”
“Oh Logan,” she cups his stubbled jaw, her thumb caressing his cheek as he leans towards her. “You….”

“You say we will go back to as we were before,” he lifts his hand to cover hers. “What if…?” He trails away.
“What if, what?” her heart is suddenly feeling clenched.

“What if…” he starts again. “What if I don’t want to go back to that? Back to the way things were before. The way we were before.”
“Logan,” her voice drops to a whisper, her throat choked. She sense him momentarily tense up.

-----

“What if I want to change things are between us?” he eyes bore in hers.
“Change,” she murmurs with both hope and trepidation. “In what way?”

“What if I just don’t want to stay like this,” he gestures between them. “What if I want something more?”
“More,” she just manages to contain her hope and rising joy. ‘He wants us to take the next step in our *relation*. Bring it into the open.’

“What if…” he hesitates again, gulping to clear his dry choked throat.
“Yes,” she eggs him hopefully.

“Marry me,” he blurts out.
“WHAT?” her eyes widen, her mouth falling open in shock. ‘Did he just say….’

“Marry me Ororo,” his repeats slowly, his hand disappearing into this pocket to draw and present her with a purple velvet rectangular box. Opening the box he reveals its contents….a beautiful gold, diamond and sapphire ring. An engagement ring.

“Hmph,” he lands on his back as she leaps forward and onto him, her soft lips capturing his in a soul-searing kiss. “Oro…mmmm.”

-----

“Is that a yes?” he looks up at her, joy twinkling in her eyes.

Smiling, she offers him her hand and gives a ‘familiar’ answer.

“Maybe” ***



Note:
1. Episode Guide (Spoilers): Season 4 (Ascension 1 and 2)
2. *** - Refer to Part 1 of Evolve Series (Pre-Evolution)

Hope you liked this part of the series.....Please Review and stay tuned for the 'Re-Evolution'!!





You must login () to review.