Its night when he gets back. Back home…..back home to her.

Walking towards the front door, he is startled by the sudden lump breaking and coming out through the wall.

The lump lands at his feet and looks up at him, his smell playing havoc with the Wolverine’s ultra sensitive nose.

“Going somewhere bub,” the claws -snikt- out.

The smelly lump, a teenage boy pales instantly, his eyes stuck at the shiny razor sharp metal.

“No Logan,” Xavier calls from the balcony. “Let him go.”

Giving the boy a complementary stare, he snikts the claws back in, stepping aside to let him through, his hand pointing the way out. The boy leaps away, mumbling under his breath, glad that he escaped alive and all limbs intact.

“I came back ‘cause I smelled trouble brewing,” he walks towards the door, taking a couple of test sniffs to accentuate his point. “’course, maybe it was just stink boy there,” he jokes looking up at the balcony.
“I wish it was,” Xavier smiles at him. “Welcome home old friend. We’ve missed you.”
He raises his Stetson a little in reply, a corner of his lips turning up a little as he catches the unspoken words. ‘We’ve missed you,’ means everyone...including her.

-----

Stepping inside the house, he makes a beeline for his room, knowing that she would come to him.

It was the way they were. Making sure not to show any PDA….public display of affection….well not inside the mansion at least.

Whenever either of them came back from a private ‘mission’ or in her case a visit to her family, the other would come to ‘visit’ and ‘welcome’ the returnee home…..most of the welcoming done late at night and in the woods, away from the mansion, but still inside the Xavier grounds.

-----

“Hmm, you are back,” her smooth voice greets him as he steps out of the bathroom, fresh from the shower and a towel around his waist, his damp hair still sticking out in their characteristic wolf-ear shapes.

“Yes,” his eyes flash in the moon light, instantly zeroing in on her position in the darkest corner of the room.
“The children missed you,” the voice is closer…..she is closer, her earthy scent overwhelming him, calming his still restless man and beast…..exciting both of them at the same time. “I missed you,” she whispers under her breath, loud enough for his ears….just his ears.

“I missed the children too,” they are chest to breast now, their breaths intermingling. “…and their teacher too,” he smirks as he reaches forward and breathes in her essence, and her tingling and rising arousal.

“Hmmm….Logan,” her hands come to rest on his hot damp muscular and just enough hairy body.

----

He is her Canadian mountain man, just as she is his African desert goddess, so different from each other and yet so similar.

They can be compared to two sides of a coin, but that would be wrong. The sides of the coin are together but never come face to face, just like two sides of a river, so near and yet so far.

Not them.

They are near each other. They are in front of each other. They are with each other.

They are each OF other.

They are one.

----

“Welcome home dearest,” she whispers as she cradles his face and closes in for a kiss.

“Welcome home my love”


Note: Come on guys...Please review!!





You must login () to review.