“Welcome home my love”

“Good Morning Kitty,” the heavy accented voice of Kurt surprises the mansion’s newest resident, the young Jewish girl, Katherine ‘Kitty’ ‘Kitten’ Pryde.

“AAHH,” she yells out as her milk glasses drops to the floor, spilling the chocolate colored liquid all over the tiled floor.
“Sorry, I scared you,” Kurt’s eyes dim, his thick digit reaching for his image inducer. “I von’t do it again.”

“Don’t go apologizing to anyone and everyone,” they look up the new entrant into the lighted room. “If she can’t handle the way ya look, its her problem,” Logan comes towards the table.

Kitty starts to frown at the comment of the new and unknown man. Who is he and what does he think of himself? She is about to speak out when….

-SNIKT-

Three metal claws spring out from his right hand skewering the three mini sausages, one with each blade, his other hand reaching for the morning paper.

----

“Logan,” the honey smooth voice admonishes him as Ororo comes behind and looks over his shoulder, their position innocent to anyone except them, their bodies slightly rubbing against each other, separated by clothing, unlike how they had been just a few hours ago. “Don’t scare the children.”

“What ‘Ro,” he puts the folded paper under his armpit, lifting his hand to bite on one sausage, his other hand ready for his morning coffee mug, which Ororo is filling right now….which she fills everyday. Everyday she is late that is….otherwise, if he comes in after her, its his turn.

Its almost never his turn….especially not after a night like the previous one. The still clearing water outdoors, a proof of her release, the scared forest animals telling tales of his.

Accepting the mug she had just fitted between his fingers, he makes his way to his permanent seat, the single bench style seat by the front window. It gives him a sense of almost being in the open, while giving him a clear view of the front gate. Leisure and security. It fills both purposes.

----

“Logan,” he frowns at the young boy’s voice. ‘What does he want,’ he flips the top of the paper down, his eyes meeting two pairs of really nervous ones.

“What dya want elf?” the boy doesn’t flinch at his gruff tone, well not too much. He is used to it by now. The girl, she is practically jumping out of her skin, or in her case, as Ororo had told him, out of the floor or the wall or whatever she could ‘phase’ through.

“This…this is the new student,” Kurt urges the girl to speak. Our seventh team member.
“Seventh?” he arches a bushy eyebrow, his ears catching the slightest snicker escaping through Ororo’s mouth.

“Ja,” Kurt is nodding his head like a bobble doll. Raising his hand he starts to count off, needing to reuse one hand. Even though it looks as if he had full five fingers, in reality he has the three he was born with. “There is the Professor, You, Ororo, Scott, Jean, Me and now Kitty,” he reuses a previous digit.
“Hmm,” he suppresses a grin at the youngster’s innocent enthusiasm. “What’s yer name half-pint,” he turns his gaze to the girl.

“Katherine Pryde sir,” she squeaks out. “But most people call me Kitty.”
“Ok half-pint,” he has set his own name for her, just as he has for the others. Charles is Chuck, Ororo is ‘Ro or ‘Roro or darlin’, Scott is Cyke or one-eye, Jean is simply Red, Kurt is elf and now…Kitty is half-pint. Easy names, easy to remember. “And what is my name?” his stare fixes her.

“Mr. Logan sir,” her voice is weak, he can smell the nervousness rolling right off her.
“No it ain’t,” he enjoys the way, her eyes widen, her head turning to bore her gaze into her teammate’s head. “Its just Logan.”
“Yes sir,” she gives a slight nod.
“No,” he sits up, causing her to take two steps back. “No Mr. Logan , no sir, just Logan. What?”
“Just Logan,” she bites her tongue. “Logan.”

“Hn,” he grunts at her answer. “And don’t be afraid of me. I ain’t going ta bite ya.”
“Well not too much and not always,” Ororo teases from the table, the true meaning of her words a secret just for them, an example of which still red and slightly sore on her shoulder.
“Hnnnn…” Kitty’s eyes widen ever further.
“She’s jokin’ kid,” Logan assuages her. “Now get going, yer loonsome twosome are coming.”

----

Both teenagers turn to each other, losing the implications of his words.

Seconds later a slightly quarrelling…discussing Scott and Jean step through the double swing doors.
“Morning everyone,” Scott reaches for the ready to go sandwiches, handing one package to Jean. “Ready to go?” he questions Kurt and Kitty.
“Ja,” Kurt steps forward for another burger.
“Me too,” Kitty is more than happy to get away from the scary Mr…no not Mr. Just Logan.

----

“See you in the evening,” Jean flips her hand over her shoulder as she walks away to the garage, her newest teammate and latest fan close at her heels.

“Kids,” he shakes his head, turning his attention back to the paper.

“So,” he smiles at the closeness of Ororo’s voice.
“So…” he repeats her start.
“You don’t bite huhn,” she raises a slender finger and pushes the paper down.
“I don’t bite…” he starts. “….just anybody.”

“Good to know,” she sits beside him, their bodies molding against each other’s.
“Hmm…” he leans forward for a kiss, content in the knowledge that no one will walk in on them.

**Ororo, Logan, please come to my office**

‘SHIT’


Note: Set is just after Kitty comes to the mansion, as in the series Logan was busy when she was recruited!!





You must login () to review.