Author’s Note: Although I am trying to follow the timeline, I may veer off, as some of the issues are a bit old and I am not paying particular attention when I jump across lines from Uncanny to X-treme to New and maybe even Astonishing X-men and Wolverine comic series.

So please, don’t go flamin’ ape shit on my ass.

Will be listing which issues I use in a particular chapter.

The main story takes place in the Uncannyverse, and the Ororo-Kurt-Rachl Pseudo-triangle and the Ororo-Logan couple is from Uncanny X-Men. Read Uncanny X-Men 445, 446, 450 and 455 for more insight into these four.

As for the Rogue-Gambit-Ororo, Gambit-Ororo-Logan and Gambit-Rogue-Logan triangles, they are all over the place. But the last one, G-R-L is mainly in the New X-Men series and there too except for the Golgotha arc, (issue #169), it is pretty much a friendship between Rogue and Logan.

Spoilers: Uncanny X-Men #445, #450, #453


** ** indicates telepathic communication.
‘ ’ indicates thought
“ ” indicates spoken words


I watch…..just like always.

Sometime after that fateful night, (Not going to mention specific dates to allow me freedom to play the characters as I like)

She is remembering, and somewhere in the mansion, so is he.

It all started when she mentioned she’d never seen *Sinbad the Sailor* or the *Crimson Pirate* or *Captain Blood* or the thief *Thief of Baghdad* or even *Pirates of the Caribbean*. In fact none of the movies that he counted among his all time – FAVORITES.

That, combined with a Danger Room class in non-powered combat and…well, her fate was sealed.

----

“Looks like Lady Alabaster won’t go down without a fight!” he was full of joy, his eyes glowing a golden yellow. “Would either of us have it any other way?”

They were fighting side by side, two pirate-zombie-monster slayers, complete with their attire and mannerisms. He even had the language and wordings down pat.

She was fighting the feared zombie-pirate queen, Lady Alabaster, whom she had created personally as an apt depiction of the woman who took her mother’s place in what could and should have been her father. The character was complete with white costume, including the cape and the thigh high leather boots. It had been customized by her to make it look as the *other* one did in her diamond form….so shiny, so smooth…so materialistic.

That is what Scott was to her….a material possession, which she had snatched from under the nose of the high and mighty Phoenix. She was the White Queen of the Hellfire club. A high society whore…..ready to serve her masters. Living that life, she had grown used to seeing others in the same light and that was the way she viewed Scott *Fucking* Summers.

Well, if she did or did not was not of the concern of the scarlet haired girl nee woman. It was how she viewed it in her heart and that was how she acted it out.

This Scott was not her father….even though they shared the last name and he was the counterpart of her father in her world, in her timeline. He was NOT her father.

Impaling the *hard light* version of the White Bitch, she felt a moment’s satisfaction and spared a glance towards her dashing pirate prince.

They had been teammates, served together….lived together. But never had it been like this. Never had she been attracted towards him in an intimate way……at least not until now.

He looked in this element as he leapt to her rescue as a particularly *gross* monster attacked her, slicing her sword’s blade almost completely off, leaving just a mere stub. Interjecting, he threw his sword carrying hands wide apart and gave a flying kick to the monster, knocking him off his feet. He has a flair for the grand….just as a true performer should. In was of the circus and it was ingrained in his very soul. That explained the reason even his *Oh so cute* tail held a weapon of its own.

*BAMF*

“Cheater!” she exclaimed as he used his teleportation in what HE has stipulated to be a no-powers fight.

“Not really,” he flashed his pearly whites. “I’m the teacher, Ja? No rule against using my power.”

“Shouldn’t you be setting a GOOD example?” she teased as they watched their *enemies* vanquished under a falling sail.

“ABSOLUTELY!” He replied…

….and then….he KISSED her.

Passion flared….if only for a moment….it flared….in both of them.

Then,

“Oh!” he exclaimed, his ambers staring into her saucer sized emeralds.

“My!” it was her turn.

“I’m so sorry,” he did the first thing that came to his mind. He apologized.

“I beg your pardon?” she replied, not knowing what she meant by it.

“I got carried away,” they spoke in unison.

------

For what seemed like hours, they stared at one another, embarrassment giving way to soft smiles as they held each other, his arm at her upper back, hers’ at his lower.

Then slowly, as if drawn by an invisible force, they leaned towards one another.

“We should---Ahem--” he started. “We should—start again…”

“Oh Yes, Please!” her voice was a whisper, husky with passion and anticipation.

“Rachel I meant—” his words made a last ditch effort, even as he reached forth to close the gap between their lips….his blue against her ruby reds.

“Hush!” she ended all conversation as they closed their eyes, letting their senses guide them.

And as was frequent in their life, *SHIT*, Murphy’s law was proven true once again.

“Have we come at a Bad Time?” Logan entered. The beautiful Ororo Monroe standing by his side, her hands placed at her hips.

-------

That intrusion had ended the moment for them, memories of his air-waltz with Ororo, instantly crowding Kurt’s mind and pushing those of hers’ to a corner.

“What if Logan and Ororo hadn’t come?” She wondered aloud, as she flopped down on her bed, her eyes closing as she tried to recapture those fleeting moments. “Would we have continued? If yes, then until what point? All the way? If yes, what after that? Would we have carried on? Be together? Can we be together?”

Turning sideways, she buried her head into the soft fabric of the down pillows. The questions swirling in her mind would drive her crazy if she did not get an answer soon.

“I need someone to talk to,” the thought hit her. “Someone who can listen to all my rambling and help me sort it all out.”

“Who should I talk to?” she started to list all possible candidates.

-----

The two people she instantly ruled out were Scott and Emma.

“I’d rather die than ask HER for help,” she gritted her teeth, her room shaking from her boiling telepathy.

Ruling out Emma meant ruling out Scott, because nowadays, Scott Summers wasn’t a single entity as he had been for so many years, before and after his marriage, before and after his betrayal, before and after her mother’s death.

Now he came with his own puppet master, Emma Grace Frost., the White Queen.

“Think of someone else,” she growled at herself.

She could talk to her uncle, Alex, but he was not in New York and he had a whole mess of his own with Annie and her son Carter on one side and Lorna on the other. “He’s one to talk about relationships. He left his bride standing at the altar….even if it was Lorna.” Although she didn’t have great love for Polaris, Rachel sympathized with her in the way the younger Summers had ended their relation.

“Kitty is gone with Piotr,” she huffed in frustration. She could have talked to Shadowcat. She had faced her own emotional demons over the years with the two Petes in her life, Wisdom and Rasputin. However, now she was happy with her first and according to Rachel, *true* love. Peter had come….been brought back to life and although they had the usual *resurrected* couples’ problems, they were at least making an effort.

Moving on further, she shot down both of the next possible choices, Gambit and Rogue. Ever since Rogue had regained her mutant powers back, hers and Gambit’s relation had been growing strained. Having spent time together as *normal* people, both of them were finding it very difficult to return to the way things were before they were nearly killed by Vargas and lost their powers. Had it not been for Logan feeding his healing factor into Rogue and the strength of her love for the roving eye Cajun, Gambit would have died that day…..he HAD died that day.

Next in line was Bishop. Sage she had left out. Not because of some animosity she had towards the living computer, but because she wasn’t comfortable discussing sometime so intimate and private with yet another Hellfire member. Bishop got left out for similar reasons. She wanted someone who she could be comfortable talking with.

That brought up a very strong candidate – Beast. “When was the last time Hank had a relation,” she spoke aloud. “Although I felt something between him and Betsy, but that could just have been two friends meeting after such a long time.” That ended that line of thought.


“That leaves Bobby, Ororo and Logan,” she listed her remaining teammates, leaving out Nightcrawler for obvious reasons.

Bobby she left out, because he was the fourth peg in what would have been a three-leg table of Annie, Alex and Lorna.

That left two names and suddenly things were clear as the light of the day.

“I’m coming for you....Bub!!”

------

Meanwhile, the object of her affections and problems was dealing with his issues.

His thoughts had swung from one end to another, starting with the aerial dance he had shared with Ororo, when she had come to his room, handled the latest iteration of a image inducer and instantly transformed them, making them ready for ballroom dancing, which in true Storm fashion, she had conducted among the clouds.

“I am such a dolt,” he worded his thoughts from after seeing Logan escort Ororo for their night on the town. They were going to a see a Broadway show, something that had surprised him. Not because of Ororo but because of her date for the night – Wolverine.

‘Even after all these years,’ Logan still manages to surprise me. ME. His best friend,’ Kurt smiled inspite of himself. ‘Wonder what would he be like if he had all of his memories. Such a complex personality.’

That brought him to the time he had approached Logan in a café in Paris, where Logan had placed himself and Kurt waiting to be attacked by their enemies.

“Sometimes, Elf, you go to the Lion’s den. Others, you let the lion come to you,” were his exact words, and that was exactly it had worked out when they *were* attacked.

It was at that time that he had directly confronted the *seemingly* laid back Canadian about his *deal* with Ororo. Seemingly, because with Wolverine you never know….the man was always on the alert. Even while sleeping some part of his brain was functioning, to keep his senses *powered* for any sign of danger.

He had outright posed the question, which Logan easily deflected with a, “Nuthin’. It was a date, we enjoy each other’s company,” and just as easily lobbed the ball back into Kurt’s court with, “What’s with you an’ Rachel?”

----

What Kurt had missed then, both to the urgency of the mission, his own befuddled mind and the fact that he was sitting in public, without an image inducer, was that how easily Logan had ended Kurt’s line of question about his relation with the Ororo.

“Too easy,” Kurt wondered aloud. ‘Maybe there is something. If not open, then at least in his heart….and hers,’ he amended with not too much pain.

Over the years, Kurt had personally witnessed the bond shared between both of his teammates and closeness they had developed with the passage of time.

Even in Paris, he had witnessed it once again when Logan had been able to sense that Ororo was in danger. “True, it was by looking at the sky. But he thought of it. And thank god for Ororo and the rest of us that he did.”

In the fight that ensued, Wolverine had been severely wounded, his eyes eaten away by the combat nannites configured specifically for his genome. If that wasn’t enough in itself, Pierce had literally shredded him with the claws built into the fingers of his hands.

After the battle had been won, Ororo reached for the blinded and due to lingering effects of the nannites, the as yet *unhealed* Wolverine. With great care she had placed his head in her lap, providing him a supporting hand, which Logan had grasped like a lifeline. With her other hand she had been caressing his hair, running her fingers through it, to provide him some semblance of relief until his body was able to fight back and over the *technological* infection.

Her anger over Sage’s betrayal and her pain for Wolverine were visible on her face and in her, which didn’t return to their normal blue, but stayed a steeled white, showing clearly both her emotional state of mind and the restrain she was exercising in not letting her powers run free uncontrolled.

-----

‘So where does that leave me?’ the blue skinned mutant mused in silence. ‘Do I turn to Ororo, who although is a teammate and a very dear friend and towards whom I do have feelings….or do I pursue Rachel who is also a teammate and a friend and who I KNOW mirrors and shares my feelings.’

“Help me god,” Kurt kneeled down in front of the cross in his room. “What should I do?”

It was then that something that came up from the deep recesses of his mind….something that he had almost forgotten.

‘Pop the question, get an answer, deal with it. An’ move on.’

That is what Logan had said, right they got an intimation of Ororo's mood and were attacked themselves, forcing them to leave the café to ensure the safety of the other customers in the building.

“Easy for him to say,” Kurt repeated his answer. “Pop the question…..but to who?

-----

That question brought up the mental picture of a freshly kissed and a slightly fragile but incredibly beautiful Rachel.

He clearly remembered every single moment of that kiss, because he was the one who had initiated it. Whether it was just a spur of the moment thing….something that the adrenaline rush made him do or was that something that his subconscious wanted him to do, he didn’t know till date. What he knew was that he had enjoyed it a lot….as much as his dance with Ororo…..and that he wouldn’t mind doing it again

Therein lay the problem.

He wouldn’t mind doing either thing again. He would welcome it.

Taking a deep breath, he clasped his hands at his chest and lowered his head in prayer.

------

Finishing his prayers brought some peace to his troubled mind.

“That is better,” he said to himself as he got up to close the window, a slightly chilling breeze causing the temperature of his room to fall dramatically.

As he was closing the window, he saw a familiar figure walking in the distance….a figure that brought a smile to lips. A smile and some semblance of clarity.

Steeling himself, he spoke out aloud, “Pop the question, pop the question, pop thE QUESTION.”

*BAMF*

“Hello Kurt,” a smile greeted his entry.

“Hello Ororo.”

Note: Sorry for the slow updates, but it takes time in getting the various series and issues to line up with the story line.

Please review!!





You must login () to review.