Disclaimer: Don't own any of the x-men character in any of the different Marvel universes (Cartoon, Comic or Movie). All owned and copyrighted by Marvel Comics.

** ** indicates telepathic communication
‘ ’ indicates thought
“ ” indicates spoken words


*Bastard*

*Asshole*

*Animal*

*Monster*

*Bastard*

‘Hey, already done that,’ she muses. ‘Gotta think of somethin’ else.’

So she thinks again. Not for herself, but for the names people call him. Names that will only increase if the secret comes into the light.

She knows it….very few people do. She is one of the few lucky or depending on which side of the fence you stand on….the unlucky ones.

*Secret?* She asks you, a soft smile on her lips.

The big secret is….

‘Not so soon, sugah,’ she playfully taunts you. ‘Let me tell ya a story.’

-----

“Hey Logan,” she came into the rec. room. It was their usual Monday Night Hockey time.

“Hey kid,” he tossed over his shoulder as he scooted over, giving her the space to plop herself next to him, her favorite pop and whole bowl of freshly prepared popcorn already waiting for her.

“Yer late,” his scowl doesn’t affect her, because it is not for her. It is never for her.
“Well sugah,” she stuck her tongue out at him. “Some of us haveta do homework, we can’t just sit around boozin’ ahl day.”
“Hmph,” his scowl changed into an amused frown. “I ain’t boozin’ all day,” his defense is so cute.


-----

‘Cute,’ no one would think anything about him cute.

Well, that isn’t exactly correct. She does…..just does another.

That thought brings another smile to her lips.

‘Ororo’ ‘Ms. Monroe’ “’Roro’ ‘’Ro’ ‘Storm’

She has many names, including the *completely* useless and annoying one that Remy uses… ‘Stormy’

‘Ah, Remy,’ she sighs. ‘Love ya sug…Fuck,’ she slaps her head. ‘Sorry, went off-track there.’

‘Back t’ tha gahme.’

-----

“So what did ya do today,” His arms leisurely rested on her covered shoulder….and she didn’t even tense….not even for a second.

Why? ‘Cuz its him.’

“Hmm,” she tapped her fingers…her bare fingers, against her chin. “Had classes, hung out in the danger room, did homework with Kitty and Jubilee and then….came here t’ ya.”

“Danger Room?” his eyebrow arched just as a corner of his lips twitch. “What were ya doin’ there? Watchin’ Gumbo.”

“Logan!!,” she blushed and slapped his denim clad thigh, a loud *POP* sounding in the room. Her super-strength momentarily stinging him, which he just shrugged off.

“Marie,” the concern in his gruff voices informed her about the coming words. “He treatin’ ya nice? Ya happy?”

“Very,” she turned beet red, but still managed to inject her southern sass into her words. “He knows whaht will happen if he doesn’t.”

“Damn straight,” his grin was easy and completely natural, as he *snikted* the claws from his free hand out. “He’ll have at least three new holes, and not like that faggy ones in his ears.”

“Logan,” she exclaimed louder now, both for his words and for his pain.


------

She knows it well…the pain. She knows because she has his memories. Memories that he gave to her when he touched her all that time ago when they first came to the mansion and then again recently when he was teaching her to ride a motorcycle and she fell and ripped her right pant leg and a whole lot of toxic skin underneath.

He didn’t even hesitate…the stupid, idiot, caring dumbass. He yanked his gloves off and grabbed her…well touched her at the only visible skin under the leather jacket, which he had bought her, the gloves and scarf she always had on. He grabbed the skin next to the torn and bleeding wound.

It healed her instantly…..and also gave her some very interesting memories.

Memories that he knows that he has given her.

-----

-SNIKT- the claws went back in.

“What?” he rubbd the freshly healed skin along the worn denim. “I didn’t mean faggy as gay. That is just dandy with me. Ya like someone, ya have the full right t’ be with them. And look, all healed.” He showed his fisted hand.

“Ah know,” she grabbed his hand and lowered it. “But ah don’t lahke when ya do that. Ah know it hurts ya….Everytahme.”

“Ya still remember that,” he caressed her head lovingly. “We had a good time then, didn’t we?”
“Yah,” she leans against his shoulder. “Until ya went flyin’ outta the windshield.”

“Thanks Logan,” she murmured her gratitude.
“What fer kid?” his whisper was just as low.

“Fer givin’ me a ride in yer truck then…..fer saving me….fer everything. Ah woulda died if it ain’t been fer ya.”

“MARIE,” anger seeped into his tone. “Don’t say that, EVER. Ya deserve the best in life. Everythin’ that ya want, ya should and will get. I will see ta that.”

“Ah know,” she nodded as he turned to face the idiot-box, which was blaring some stupid animal insurance commercial.

“Ya should get what ya want,” he sighed before grinning against her hair. “Even if its that no good, two bit Cajun…Oomph.” This time he got a playful but not at all painful punch.


-----

”Logan.”

“Hmm,” he tossed the empty beer bottle and went for another one from his Hockey Night *six-pack*.

“Yer happy heah?” her question is innocent and at the same time deep.

“Happy…” he muses for a few seconds. “’m ok…..working ta be happy.”

She accepted his answer and understood the reasoning behind it.


-----

He ain’t happy…not completely. Oh, he is happy with her, that she is sure of…no tension there.

He likes….ok, manages to work as an X-Men, but not for any greater good and all that shit. He works only for six reasons…..well more like three reasons and four people.

Reasons…..He gets to kick butt and on a good day, like their last mission, even gut a couple for not more people, fuckers as he lovingly calls them.

Two, he wants to keep the school and its residents safe. That has come up ever since that asshole Stryker and his team of super-secret-dickless wonders attacked the school. He calls this place home…it is his territory, and just like any wild animal….He REALLY guards his territory.

Three, well it rises from within the third reason itself, and it’s from that the four most important people in the Wolverine’s very short list of people he doesn’t want to punch, kick, claw or outright kill come. The four people being...her, that is Marie aka Rogue, thank you very much, shy Kitty, motor mouth Jubilee and as she has come to know from the latest absorption of his memories….Ororo, their resident goddess.

----

“How’s ‘Ro,” she asked between plays, knowing fully well that he would speak the first thing that came to his mind.

“Beautiful,” his eyes glazed over in spite themselves.

“Ah know that ya big lummox,” she grinned and shook her head. “Ah meant, are ya guys…friends.” Her voice was low and her words guarded. Its just for the two of them.

“Yeh darlin’,” his head dipped, an intense longing burning in his eyes.

“Don’t worry sugah,” she patted his hand draped over her shoulder. “Ya will get it.”

“Waitin’ fer the day kid,” his sighed as he raised the bottle in a mock toast. “Waitin’ fer the day.”


-----

*Waiting for the day,* that’s his mantra, she knows that.

It’s the firs thing he says when he gets up in the morning, and the last thing that he says when he goes to sleep.

It is also the thing that he says when he fucks who he fucks, trying to imagine it is goddess who has finally accepted him.

She knows that….she knows it all.

She also knows about the great, all mighty Jean Grey, soon to be Jean Grey-Summers.

She knows how she came to him on that first night….soon after she had been *reborn* as the Phoenix.

Only Jean and Logan were the seniors at the mansion. Cyke, ‘Ro, the Professor and even Kurt, Piotr and Hank had gone on the mission. She didn’t go because she was still recovering from being brought back to life…..and he because the mission involved into one but two metal *players*, Magneto and the newest kid he had managed to snag, Lorna Dane aka. Polaris, who has since then dumped the *loserhood* and joined the se-X-ers. But leave that shit.

Jean had come to him and he being Logan had gladly opened his arms and also his pants for her.

It was supposed to be a one-time thing and by that time it was just fine for him. He had long since given up the *dream* that had been Jean, just the *fantasy* remaining in its place. He had a new dream now….one that he actually could get in this lifetime.

If only someone had given that memo to poor, needy and utterly horny Jeannie.

The Phoenix was really screwing around with her mind as she and the Professor fought to bring it under control…..so she screwed over Scooter and let Logan fuck her…and has been doing that evah since.

----

Well, that was then, this is now.

She is sitting here, with Kitty and Jubes, chattering and eating lunch, all the while keeping an eye on the four people sitting in front of her, each couple on a different table.

On one hand there is Jeannie and Scooter...so happy, so loving….so SICKENING.

‘Poor Scotty boy,’ she almost wants to project the thought. He loves his fiancé so much, just as much as she loves him….just as much as she wants Logan to throw her on the floor and fuck her right there in front of all the students.

How does she, a non-telepath untouchable girl know it.

She knows because yesterday they went on another mission, all of them….and Jean had to use her *omnipotent* Phoenix powers. And that meant only one thing….

….Logan is getting some tonight.

Not because he wants to….hmmm, the great-horny-one is always ready for it, her inner Wolverine pipes up. He might want it, more clearly *accept* it, but he sure as hell doesn’t crave it.

Not like he craves the woman sitting next to him. The woman who owns everything that both the man and the animal have to offer…and more. She can take anything whenever she wants…..like the time they went to the opera, even though both Logan and Wolverine hate that *fancy-shit*. They went because she wanted to and he wouldn’t…can’t….pick one….refuse anything to her.

Its not she abuses her power over him. She never intrudes on his Marie time, something that the she appreciates a lot. She never tries to change who he is, just offers him the possibilities and lets him select from them. Hell, she even went to that dump of a bike bar he likes to go to. True they went only as friends and more importantly *returned* as friends, but still she made an equal effort as he was making.

Turning her eyes to the couple in question, she finds that unlike the *loving* couple, they are eating in a comfortable silence, something that both of them appreciate. They show no outward emotions or any such shit. The only thing that can and does give them away….only to her; is the barest of contact between a denim clad thigh and a silk clad one.

-----

“Well now ah should get t’ bed,” she had pushed her off his lap, which she had been using as a portable pillow. “Fuckin’ Rangers lost again.”

“Marie,” his admonishment was instant and sharp. “Watch yer language. Ya don’t need t’ say shit like that. Its all that yella’s fault.”

“Sure Logan,” she shook her head, her grin matching his. “Yer a saint.”

“Go to bed kid,” he reached for the remote. “Lets hope both of us get ta sleep tonight.”

“Good night Logan,” she bent down and kissed him on his mutton-chopped cheek. “No Dreams,” she wished with all her heart, knowing from first hand experience what most…almost all of those *Nightmares* brought.

“Hey Marie,” he called to her back.

“Yer welcome sugah,” she waved over her head as she stifled a yawn with the other.


----

No words about what he was thankful for….they weren’t needed. Not when they knew each other better than they knew themselves.

She is happy for him and through that, she is happy for herself.

Why herself?

“Well babe, therein lies the secret,” she tells you.

“You see, ah lahke and understand all that x-men and the greater good thing, even the human-mutant peace shit, which ain’t gonna happen. Not fer at least another hundred or two hundred years. Its all fine and dandy with me. Ah even get that being a family crap…all of which the Professor, Fearless and Jeannie are ready to spout at any given moment.”

“Ah think of them as mah family, Professor being the father, Scooter the eldest son, Jeannie the eldest daughter, Ororo the mysterious one, Logan the dark horse or black sheep, depending on how you see it. The rest of the faculty and students bring up the rest.”

“But what they don’t get is that, whatevah they blab about, in the end ah will ahlways pick Logan and his attachments, namely us, ovah anythin’ x-men. Why? ‘Cuz sugah, that’s what he did.”

“Ah trust the x-men ‘cause they have become mah family.”

“But Logan….him….with him its different. Because unlike with the x-men, where trust came after family.”

“With Logan, he is mah family ‘cuz Ah trusted him in the first place.”

“It’s a *PACK* thing Sugah.”


Note: The reviews for what was suposed to be a oneshot were favorable, so I decided to elaborate it a bit further and make a short series of it.

Kindly Reveiw this one too and let me know what you think and if there is specific character you might want to know the views about.





You must login () to review.