She is sitting alone…in front of the mirror…looking at herself.

How did things come to this?

How had a three-week long trip changed her whole life….again?

-----

“Rrrzzb Fsszzb #$@*&!% Fsszzb shit,” the grunting and mumbling teenager stormed through the kitchen door.
“What happened?” Kitty looked up from the ice she was crushing.

“Nothing,” Jubilee pouted and yanked the chair back. The force caused it to bump against her toe, which only produced yet another stream of expletives and choice words.

Kitty guessed what the cause behind the usually chipper Jubilee’s sudden sullen mood was. Logan.

“What did he do now?” She reached for the fridge door to get the soda and ice cream.
“Fuck him?” Came forth instantly.

“I guessed as much,” Kitty had seen Jubilee rush towards Logan’s boathouse and was expecting him to come tearing through the front door…and yet she was expecting this too. With Logan, things could go either side. It was like a toss of a coin. “What did he do now?”

“I don’t want to talk about him,” Jubilee reached for her favorite….and only her favorite, ‘Sugar Bombs’.
“Ok,” Kitty nodded her head and turned away. She knew Jubilee inside out and knew that she would come out soon enough.

And just like clockwork, “He said he knew about it,” Jubilee grunted between chomps.
“What!” Now Kitty was even surprised. How did Logan know that…..?

“I said he knows,” Jubilee repeated irritably.

“Logan knows that Ororo has a kid…a son.”


-----

‘I should have known he would know,’ She stares at herself and then at the sleeping form of her son. She had only told Remy about him and if she wasn’t sure that Remy wouldn’t have told Logan or Logan wouldn’t have cornered Remy and threatened him….she would have been suspicious.

Coming by chance, he had become an indispensable part of her life. He had brought a sense of calmness that had been missing for quite sometime…..quite a few years.

She had almost not brought him here, changing her mind at the last moment and buying an extra ticket for him.

------

“Miss Monroe,” Rogue had knocked on her door, loud enough so that she would hear it, but low enough so as not to disturb the baby.
“Come in Rogue,” Ororo closed the closet where she was hanging her clothes in and turned to face the door and the bride to be, standing inside it. “And please, call me Ororo. I am no longer your teacher and you are no longer a student. In fact, you are a teacher yourself now.”

Rogue smiled uneasily, stepped in and closed the door behind her, but not before checking for any other presence in the room.

“Ah….Ah wanted t’ talk to yah,” she said finally, her initial hesitation fading away quickly and by the time she ended the sentence, her eyes ad face were steeled with determination.
“Yes,” Ororo did not know what to expect. Her relation with the younger woman had been on rocky grounds ever since Logan’s leaving the mansion. It had improved with time, only to fall back into the abyss after Rogue’s absorption of Emma Frost’s memories and Sabertooth’s blind rage. After that….after that, Ororo had left and with her any chance of any revival of the friendly student-teacher sisterhood they had had.

“Ah’m happy that ya came, thank you.” Now that was completely unexpected. In her letter Rogue had said, it didn’t matter to her either way. Now this.
“Uh-you are welcome,” Ororo said the only thing she could.

“And ah’m sorry for having hurt ya,” the repentant truth was clear in her southern drawl. “Ah didn’t try t’ see yer side of the picture. Didn’t try t’ see how you felt….how it affected you.”

The words and tone that Rogue was using unnerved Ororo. It was almost as if….

“Rogue,” she had to voice her suspicions. “Did something happen with Remy?”
“Nah, we’re cool,” Rogue flipped her hand, before adding a single word at the end. “….now.”

“Now?” This was news to Ororo. Was Rogue talking about the fight she and Remy had over her mutation, or was there something deeper?
“Remy…” Rogue didn’t know how to word it. She remembered the time she had fiercely defended Logan and now….now the shoe was on the other foot. “Remy…cheated on me.”

‘What?’ ‘Oh’ ‘No’ various answers struggled in Ororo’s mind, losing out to each other and leaving only silence. Silence that urged Rogue to go on.

“It was with Belladonna.” Both women knew about Remy’ ex-wife. They had met, fallen in love and married….at too young an age. They had parted a year and a half later and even though they had maintained contact off and on, they had since then moved on with their lives. Belladonna had married a member of her own guild while Remy had come to New York and joined the X-Men.

“Did he tell you?” Ororo had to ask. From Rogue’s expression and the way she had revealed the news, the weather witch didn’t think so.
“No,” Rogue shook her head. “Her husband did. Not only me, he told the whole school.”

“What!” The surprises and shocks kept on coming.
“It seems that he and Bella were havin’ troubles and had separated the time Remy was there,” Rogue started with the explanation, fingering her engagement ring for support. “Someone saw them, told him and he tracked Remy. Followed him here and confronted him in front of everyone…..everyone.”

Now Ororo understood completely the reason for Remy’s impromptu visit to her. He and Rogue must have been separated at the time. However, how had things gone from there to now….where the reunited couple was tying the knot?

“We were separate for almost a year,” Rogue continued. “I wanted to hurt him as bad as he had hurt me.” Ororo remained silent. Those sentiments were echoes of what hers had been with Logan.
“Then what happened?” She finally voiced.

“Ah decided t’ give him one more chance,” the happiness was clear in the younger woman’s voice. “Even though the fear was there that he might do it again, with someone else, ah decided t’ risk it….once more. Things were fine…until he asked me t’ marry him. Then those fears came back. What if he gets tired of not being able to touch me? What if he goes to other women? What if….” She trailed off.

Ororo wanted to say that Remy wouldn’t never do such a thing, but knowing her brother’s flirtatious behavior and hearing what Rogue had told her….she wasn’t so sure at the moment.

“Ah just wanted t’ say thaht Ah’m sorry for what I said and did to ya,” Rogue came back to her initial point. “And thaht Ah hope that yah are also happy.”
“Thank you,” was all the snow haired Ororo could say as Rogue took a deep breath, her thoughtful expression clearing up.

“I gotta go get some shopping done. Ya wanta come?”
“Not right now,” Ororo replied with a smile. “I need to get settled in. Maybe next time.”

Nodding her head understandingly, Rogue glanced at the sleeping baby before leaving the room.


-----

‘Give him one more chance,’ the words still rang though her mind.

She had though for a long time about them and whether and how they applied to her own life. Giving him one more chance….but for what?

She had moved on with her life. She had a family….a child. What sort of chance would she be giving him?

Friendship? Co-workers? What?

Lost in her thoughts, she doesn’t detect the new entrants in the room.

“Ororo…” Jean speaks for the group. Standing beside and behind her are Rogue, Kitty, Jubilee and Kirika, Logan’s….daughter. “Its time.”

---

Minutes later,

“Dearly beloved,” the priest begins his usual sermon….uh, speech. “We are gathered here to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony…..”


Note: Got one more chapter and then we are done for this fic. I hope I have cleared almost everything up....except for the main two. That will be done in the next one.

Any questions, comments, etc.....review and let me know!!





You must login () to review.