‘ ’ indicates thought
“ ” indicates spoken words


He sits, nursing a half empty beer bottle…nursing a half empty heart.

He sits…he nurses…he WAITS.

He also smiles. Not happily…but wistfully…ruefully.

He smiles, because he remembers…because he has memories now. Memories he has always craved.

Now he has them….and he enjoys some of them…especially the ones created with her.

----

“Enough ‘Ro,” his grin was practically feral as they circled each other.

“Not yet Wolverine,” she is always mindful of the time and place, and uses the name accordingly. Anything X-Men related she uses the codenames….anything private…well that’s a different story.

“Its up to you,” he moved, his battle sharpened eyes always on the lookout for any sudden moves. “I can go as long as you want….healing factor. Remember?”

“Nice to know,” her smile was equally mischievous. “Will keep that in mind….for future use.”

He winked at her, let out a loud war cry and leapt, his hands circled around the wooden swords they were yielding.


-----

“What dya want?” he doesn’t even look up to show is annoyance at being disturbance.

He had caught her scent even before she entered the bar, her red shoulder length hair glowing under the incandescent light, her green eyes soarkling like twin jewels.

“Yu know what I want,” she murmurs at his ear, her tongue snaking out to lick along its curve.

“Fuck off,” he almost pushes her away. “I ain’t in the mood.”

“Don’t worry,” she sits down next to him. “The night is still young….even if we aren’t.”

----

“Ow,” she let out an involuntary yelp as she landed on the ground, his sword just inches from her platinum locks.

“There,” he smirked as he held his position. “Just like that….yer six inches shorter.”

“Ha, ha,” she was sarcastic as she got up on her knees, rubbing her sore behind. “Very funny Logan.”

“Thank you, I thought so,” he chuckled as he drew back and held out a hand for her to help her up. “Are you hurt?”

“Yes, but most of it is my ego,” she grasped his muscular forearm, her fingers rounding over the skin, underneath which the claws lay. “And don’t even think about it.”

“What?” he tried to sound innocent, his grin giving it all away.

“I don’t want you to rub it and make the pain go away,” she pushed him back as soon as she was up.

“Oh, so yer a telepath now,” he specifically made that comment for the redhead standing in the control room, invisible to the eye, but not to his other senses.

“No,” she tightened her grip on the sword handle. “Just know the way your mind works.”

And then they were off again.


----

“So, how are you doing?” she starts with small talk. “Been busy lately?”

“Hn,” he doesn’t even answer that.

“So its like that, is it?” she lets venom drip into her voice. “So let me speak in a way that even you will understand. Want to fuck?”

“Let me answer that in a way that even YOU will understand,” he slams her words back on her.

“Fuck off.”

------

FUCK

He has done that a lot…..a LOT.

Out of the eighteen or so years of his life he remembers, six of them he spent as an animal, naked in the wild…letting the Wolverine run free.

The next nine he spent making up for the first six….and then some…plus extra.

And then….

…..then Laughlin happened.

That changed everything….changed him….made him who is now.

Made him want to make love…..not just fuck.

-----

“Yield,” he growled at her ear, her body pinned under his *immoveable* weight. “Yield ‘Ro.”

“Never,” her chuckle hid the steeled will underneath.

“’Ro,” he drew even closer, until his whiskers were rubbing along her dusky skin, the faint scent of arousal causing his nose to twitch….causing his body to tighten. “Please.”

She sensed the urgency in his voice, smiled at his control and whispered, just loud enough for him to hear.

“Yield”


----

“I am not here to fight.” Once again she interrupts his thoughts.

“Then why are ya here,” he doesn’t even waste a growl this time.

“I was lonely,” she looks at him, mentally thanking his silent expression….just a slight head tilt and one arched eyebrow.

“So is almost everyone here,” he startles even himself at his psychobabble.

“So….keep me company,” a slender hand slides up his thigh, stopping at the bunched up fabric just below his waist.

Another look and he turns away to the bartender. “Gimmie another one.”

Moments later, they are out of the door.

----

“Thank you Logan,” she smiled as she came out of the women’s changing room and found him leaning against the corridor wall, an unlit cigar clenched in his first two fingers.

“Anytime darlin’,” he seemed rested, as if their two hour long practice session had helped him burn out a part of his burning rage….sating him….at least for the moment.

“So,” they entered the elevator leading to the upper *school* half. “What are your plans for the evening?”

“Nothing much,” he shrugged. “Why, got anything in mind?”

“Not yet,” those two words carried a world of meaning for both of them.

“Yeah,” he managed to twitch his lips.

“Not yet”


-----

“Want me to do anything?” she walks to him and rests her hand on either side of his head. “Want to see anyone special?”

He scowls at her offer and pushes her away onto the bed.

“I can *see* perfectly fine,” the jacket gets draped on the chair. “You just be who you are….no illusions.”

“Good,” that gains a small smile from her as she sits up and starts unbuckling his belt.

“Wait,” his hand stops her. “Answer me one question first.”

“What?” she tried to wiggle out of his Admantium grasp.

“Why are you HERE,” he looks straight at her emerald green eyes. “Why not with him?”

“Because….” she blinks and they turn yellow. “….he has found another.”



Note: I hope this chapter helped with the whole Ororo-Logan dynamic.

Took a scene from the uncannyverse and gave it a movieverse twist…although changed it from a pro-Jeannie to a sort of pro-Ororo or mostly general viewpoint.

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.