“I want to kill him.”

“What?” The dark auburn, almost black haired beauty spoke from the bed. Clad in a sleeveless silk nightie, she followed the to and fro of man who had spoken those threatening words.

“I said I want to kill him….sometimes I really do,” Pietro Maximoff, a.k.a. Quicksilver stopped and whirled around to face his reclined sister, Wanda, the Scarlet Witch.

“You don’t mean that Pietro,” Wanda returned in a soothing voice, one that she knew would work to assuage her agitated brother. Twin children of the Master of Magnetism, Magneto, Wanda and Pietro were close, too close in eyes of other people, not that they cared one bit. Having lost their mother at a very young age and having a father who resented them with a vengeance, had pushed the two children towards each other, their bond strengthening as they grew older, first into their teens and then into adulthood.
“Don’t I?.” Pietro glared at Wanda, his hurt and pain shining in the pools of his clear blue eyes. “Why does he take such pleasure in hurting me? Have I really been such a bad son that I deserve to cry myself to sleep like this EVERY night?”

“Magneto couldn’t ask for a more perfect son, Pietro,” Letting go of the magazine she was flipping through, Wanda sat up. “Blob says he just resents us because we’re constant, living reminders of his one moment of weakness with a homo-sapien female all those years ago.”
“But I wish he’d stop criticizing me in front of people. He even said my mutant power was effeminate this morning.” The silver haired speedster flopped onto the bed, sitting sideways to his sister.

“Poor Pietro….” Wanda leaned forward and turned his face towards her. “….even when you were a little boy, all you wanted was to make him proud.”

“Wanda I….”

“Sssh,” Wanda laid a slender finger against his lips. “Just let it go….and get some sleep.”

His childlike headshake told Wanda that he wasn’t ready to give in, his mind, which process thoughts at the same speed as he ran, was still in too much turmoil. She needed to cool him down, get him to slow down.

“Ok, then tell me about how we will go to Venice,” she lifted her finger and ran her hand through her brother’s soft silken hair, noticing the knowing smile that started on his lips. He knew what she was trying to do. She was trying to get him to slow down and relax by thinking happy, calming thoughts, thoughts about just the two of them.

“It will be just us,” he began visualizing the plan they had discussed so many times before. “Just you and me…..”
“In one of those boats they have for tourists,” Wanda supplied as she moved back, sitting up with her back against the headboard. “What it is it called? A gondola?”

“Umm-hmmm,” Pietro nodded. “A sunny day, champagne, a picnic lunch in the boat itself and just lying back. Perfect.”
“Yes, you can read poetry like you love to read.”

“She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies,” the male twin began to recite from memory. “And all that’s best of dark and bright, meet her aspect and her eyes.”

“I love it when you speak like that. It is so soothing and at the same time, so…invigorating.” Wanda patted the side of the bed next to hers, the side that was Pietro’s.
“Just for you,” she smiled at the answer she expected and got. She knew that Pietro would do anything for her, and even though she appreciated the power she wielded, in her own heart, she knew that she too would do anything when it came to him.

“After lunch we can have ice cream,” she sighed wistfully. “And then take a walk though the monastery of St. Lazurus where Byron wrote ‘Don Juan’.”
“As you wish darling,” Pietro whispered in return as he settled down next to her.

“We will go there one day. Won’t we?” Wanda’s voice cracked a bit, as she reached and grasped her brother’s hand for support. “He…”
“Please Wanda, lets not talk about him, not now,” Pietro silenced her with the same gesture she had used for him. “Lets there be just us.”

“Oh, all right, Pietro,” she smiled, planting a soft kiss on his finger, bringing her own up for him. “But just for you.”

-----

“You want us to kill him?”

“No, my child, I don’t.” A deep male voice answered the younger one sounding through the telephone. “Not that you will be able to anyway, but you are on a reconnaissance mission.”
“We are not on any mission you asshole,” an angry female joined in from the other side. “We are only doing this because you have our friends.”

“Ah, precocious Sarah,” the older man leaned back in comfortable chair, a cold, unfeeling smirk playing on his lips.
“Hey, fuck-nut,” the woman called Sarah shot back. “You don’t get to call me by my name. To you and your flunkies, I am just Marrow. Get it Erik.”

“I will call you whatever and whenever I want stupid girl,” Magneto growled at his name being spoken by the filthy slut….at least in his eyes. “Understand that, or else...”
“Yeah, yeah, we get it man,” her male counterpart silenced her. He just as Sarah a.k.a. Marrow knew the trouble they were in. They needed to get this job done, at any cost. “Go to Calgary, we’re already here, get on the mutant grapevine to find anyone helping freaks like us.”
“Yes. Your target works in that area.”

“Got it,” the teenager returned, his skin green hued. “We’ll let you know as soon as we find anything.”
“No,” Magneto snapped instantly. It had taken his great time and planning to get to this point. He did not want anything out of his control. Even though, he would have to stay out of the picture, for now anyways, he had made sure this ‘recruits’ did not get any ideas. “You will report back every twenty four hours. And remember one thing, Leech….”

Both Leech and Marrow remained silent at what was coming next.

“Remember that this is for your own good….and more importantly, for the good of the rest of your Morlocks.”

----

“He’s going to kill them.”

“Scott…..” Xavier sighed at his Cyclops’s outburst.
“Seriously Professor,” Scott was getting real antsy, especially after the last communication from Jean. “I don’t have a good feeling about this. They were supposed to be gone for just twenty four hours and now you say that they have asked for seventy two more.”

“At least seventy two more,” Xavier corrected him calmly.
“At least!” That correction was not necessarily a good idea. “And you gave them. How could you? You let four x-men, including two students, go to god knows where, in which kind of conditions….”

“Scott, Jean and Ororo are with them.”
“That is what I am worried about. Jean and Ororo.” The X-Men’s team leader had worked out all the contingencies and possibilities. “Ororo seemed so out of it ever since she came to know that Wolverine might have some link to her two years away from us…..she didn’t apply logic. As for Jean, you yourself said that they are not even visible on Cerebro’s grid. That could mean that they have set up her with a psychic inhibitor or maybe even shut down her telepathy completely, in which case she might be in trouble and not even know of it.”

“I understand your concern Scott and I share it,” Xavier answered truthfully. He himself was worried about the ‘deployed’ X-Men and especially about their co-leader, Storm. However, Jean’s communicate, even though cryptic had told that things were progressing favorably. “You don’t need to worry about lack of support to our teammates.”
“What do you…?”

“Lets just say that they are not going to be alone for much longer.”
“Professor…?” Scott felt both relaxed and confused at the same time, something he was used to by now, when speaking with his mentor.

“Even as we speak, our guests are waiting for their pick up.”

----

“I’m going to kill you.”

“Sorry sir, it wasn’t my intention to….” Sam Guthrie a.k.a. Cannonball apologized once again, feeling responsible for the sentiment expressed by at-the-wheel Wolverine.

“Come on Wolvie,” the back seat driver, Jubilee, piped up in Sam’s favor. She was just too excited at the prospect of getting to meet their famous guests, the ones they were on the way to pick up. “We’ll have a groovy time at home. You don’t know how famous…..”
“Aw shaddup Jubes,” Logan snapped at her, his scowl having next to no affect on the ‘immune to it’ Jubilee. “I’ve had it upta here with yer famous an’ cool an’ groovy blabbering. I don’t give a shit who they. I just don’t want any outsiders coming into my house and I sure as hell don’t wanta leave it right now. Not with these X-tuckers there.”

“Why don’t you just say that you did not want to leave with yer ‘Roro there,” Jubilee lobbed the latest addition to her needling and black mailing arsenal.
“….”

--

Getting no reply, she started again. “Come on big guy. I know you guys have got some serious boinking time to make up for….”
“Jubes.”

“Ok, ok, you have some serious bonding to do….” She cleared her vocal expression, her mind running along the same previous track. ‘On the bed, under the sheets, in the garage, on the hood.’ “But….”

“There they are,” Sam pointed to a couple standing at a corner, his eyes lighting up at catching sight of one of them, the one he was most concerned with.
“You sure its them?” Logan growled suspiciously at the seemingly harmless but possibly dangerous ‘rocker chicks’. He had one run in too many with such ‘baits’ and wasn’t in any mood to have a repeat show, especially not now, when he was in hurry to get back to home to Ororo.

“Yes sir,” Sam nodded in confirmation. “Ah know that black haired one.”
“Kid, them both have got black hair,” Logan pointed out the obvious.

“The one without all those piercings,” the southerner corrected himself.

“Oh man, oh man,” Jubilee’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. “I’m going to meet Lila Cheney and Ali ‘Dazzler’ Blair. Hoo boy. Whoo hoo. Yippity doo….”
“Shut up Jubilation,” Logan’s use of her complete name told the girl that he meant business.
“Hmph,” not that it would completely silence her. “Spoil sport….old fart.”

--

“Lila,” Sam called out, practically leaping out of the truck before it came to a halt. Just like before, Logan had driven the SUV to the safe-house/warehouse, swapping vehicles to maintain his secrecy.

“Hey lover boy…” Lila’s eyes lit up at her boyfriend’s smart, yet naturally innocent face. It was that what had attracted her to him. Well, that and more importantly the truth and innocence that just seemed to flow through him. Ten minutes at the concert and she was hooked. Since then, whether known to Xavier or not, they had met secretly quite a few times. It was on that plan that Lila had gone to the mansion. On not finding Sam, she approached Xavier who used the opportunity to get her message to Sam and her and her ‘protégé’ or sorts, Ali, here.

“Lover boy!!” Jubilee stopped short at the greeting that the famous Lila Cheney sent Sam’s way. When did this happen? She hadn’t heard or read about it on the gossip sites she frequented.

“Oh, ah, we met each other.” Sam offered the safest introduction. Even though he had spent only a short time with the Chinese-American girl, he knew that it was best to keep your mouth shut against her.
“I’m his girlfriend,” too bad that Lila did not posses that tidbit of information.

“You-you are his girlfriend,” Jubilee gasped. “But you are Lila Cheney. Don’t you mean that he is your boyfriend?”
“Hey, I am his, he is mine, its one and the same thing,” Lila replied with her British accent as she reached forward and pulled Sam down for a kiss. “Come here Canny…..mmmm.”

“Canny!!”
“Its her pet name for him,” Alison grunted as Lila and Sam got busy. “You know like a poodle an’ shit.” Seeing Jubilee open her mouth to speak, she fired off her own salvo. “And listen kid, before you start, I am NOT Dazzler. I am Ali, Dazzler is my band. Understood?”

“Ok, Ali…I mean Dazzler, I mean….”
“Whatever.”

--

“Hey, stop sucking at each other and get yer stuff into the truck,” Logan growled from his driver side door. “I ain’t got the whole day to waste here.”

“Who is scowly fuzzface?” Ali jerked her head towards the other man.
“Oh, he,” Jubilee got the opportunity to yank Logan’s chain. “He is just the driver. Come one Logie, pick up the misses’ luggage.”
“Ah’ll help ya.” Sam offered; his one arm still around Lila. Even if Jubilee paid no attention to Logan’s growl, he sure did.

“Some shitty driver you have there,” Ali grunted as she heaved up her own suitcase.
“Yeah, I know, but you can’t get good help these days,” Jubilee answered poking her tongue at Logan.

“I am going to kill all of ya.”

-----

“He is going to kill me.”

Getting no reply for her loud spoken words, Jean turned from the window to face her teammate, who at that instant was lost in her newly discovered daughter’s antics. “Storm,” she tried again, louder this time and with Ororo’s codename.
“Huh,” that got her attention. “You said something Jean?”

“She say, he is goin’ ta kive me.” Kendall supplied a repeat with her rudimentary grasp of the words.
“Oh shi….” Jean almost exclaimed, slapping her hand over her mouth at the last second. She had forgotten about the young girl and more importantly about her parentage. ‘Just what we need,’ she thought to herself. ‘A toddler with enhanced senses.’

“Jean. Language.” The fact that Ororo spoke to her as if she was a student only added to the mother hen image she had of her ‘in real life’ mother teammate. Truth was that Jean knew about a possibility of Ororo having birthed a child. Three years ago when she had returned to the mansion, Ororo went through a barrage of tests, one of which found that she had been pregnant and even given birth. On Xavier’s instructions, she kept that information secret, only revealing it to Ororo the previous night. It had been done so to not further trouble the then traumatized Ororo. She told Ororo all about it and also that even after three years, just as Xavier was continuing his search to find about her lost past, so was he trying to find the ‘possibly’ alive son or daughter.

“Sorry Ororo,” the redhead finally spoke. “Its just that, I know Scott and he must be ready to climb on trees by now….if he hasn’t already.”
“What do you mean?”

“In case you missed, Scott wasn’t too impressed with that dear husband of yours.”

“Huband,” Once again Kendall caught a word and inquired about it. Kendall was an incredibly bright and inquisitive child. That was Dr. McCoy’s expert opinion. Logan just said that she wanted to know everything about everything, and a killer affinity to nature. That particular attribute of hers, got the toddler her own ‘sizable’ share of trouble, especially when she ran, jumped and semi-floated behind the various forest critters that usually hung out near the mansion. “What does huband mean Ms. Muno?” She crooned, her eyes looking up at the same color-same hair woman that sat on the ground next to her.

--

//Flashback//

“WHAT!”

That reaction had come from Jean, its cause the conversation that been going on before her.

It was Ororo who had started it. “I hope you don’t mind, but can I ask you a question?”
“Sure,” Logan mid lift, his fingers firmly grasped around the fork in his hand.

“Its personal,” Ororo hesitated. This man was supposed to be her husband, she had the ring to prove it, even if it was still in the box he gave her. “Not that you look odd or anyting, but I am almost twenty six…..and Kendall is almost four, so that would mean, I conceived around twenty one. And we….”
“Married after ya came to know,” Logan supplied that bit of information even without her completing the sentence. He had spent a whole night thinking about this and had quite a few bases covered and ready.

“Oh, ok,” now came the tough part for Ororo. “How old are you? I mean how old were you when we married?” ‘I hope that he doesn’t think that I think that he is too old to marry a twenty one year old woman,’ she wished mentally.
“Five years younger than what I am now,” Logan’s answer was cryptic.

“And that would be?”

“Ororo,” letting go of the fork, Logan ran a hand up his face and along his hair to the back of his neck. “My mutation, my healing factor, it heals me from everything, even aging to an extent.”

“What do you…?” Ororo started, trying to gauge how old he really was. Fifty, maybe sixty years. He couldn’t be older than that. Could he?
“I am…I was born….I am way older than I look,” was all Logan said, putting up a question of his own. “How old do you think I am?”

“Thirty two, maybe thirty three,” Ororo answered frankly.
“Thirty five max,” Jean gave in her estimate from the end of the table.

“Not even close.”
“Oh,” that silenced both women.

“Yeah,” Logan sighed as he revealed the truth. “I was born in this house…in eighteen ninety two.”

“WHAT!” Hence Jean’s cry.

“I am hundred and thirteen years old….almost one fourteen.”

//End Flashback//


--

“Husband….” Ororo came back to the present. “Kendall.”
“Hmm,” the smiling child peered up at her, her visage reminding her so much of her child picture, the only one in her possession. The one with her mother and father.

“You know who Logan is, right?”
“Umm-hmm,” the girl nodded at her father’s name. “My dada’s name is Logan.”

“And you mother?”
“Mothuhr?” That was new. “What’s that?’”

Trying to squelch the pain shooting though her heart, Ororo explained the word mother to her own daughter. “Your mommy, mom, mama.”
“Oh, my mama,” that word the child knew. “Her name is Ororo James Howett,” she replied with firm, correctly spoken words, well, except for the last name.

“Kendall, I-I am….” Ororo started. Logan hadn’t told Kendall about the truth behind this same skin-same hair lady. He left that choice up to Ororo. Even though he wanted things as they were all those years ago, he knew that times had changed and so had his wife. While having many of the same habits and characteristics, this woman was very different from the Ororo he had fallen in love and gotten married to. This Ororo wouldn’t have given him the time of the day, let alone agree to become his wife.

Anything that Ororo was about to say, about to reveal, was lost as Kendall shot up from her Indian style cross legged pose on the ground. Her ‘more than average’ sensitive ears had caught a familiar sound.

“Dada!” Her eyes lit up in recognition as she sprinted towards the front door. “Dada back, Dada back.”

“Ororo….” Jean saw the way Ororo reached out for her daughter, her hand stopping and falling away midway as the child ran to its known and familiar parent. Now that Logan was back, he would resume the tale he had begun the night before.

“She knows Jean,” Ororo looked up with tear-filled eyes. “She knows her mother’s name….she might even remember it subconsciously. Won’t she?”
“It-Its possible,” Jean nodded hesitantly, currently unable to confirm with a telepathic scan.

“Then why don’t I remember her….why don’t I remember.”

----

“He killed them.”

“WHAT!”
“He killed them sir,” the young man repeated meekly under the glare from the older, bald, dark skinned man. “The watchers, he killed all five of them.”

“Sonofa….” Nick Fury, head of SHIELD cursed at the news. This wasn’t supposed to happen. It was supposed to be completely under their control. “How did this happen?”
“He-he got out of control sir.”

“What do you mean, he got out of control?” Fury bellowed at his subordinate. “I was told that his programming was complete.”
“Yes sir,” the man nodded.

“Then what the fuck happened?” Fury pointed at the screen showing the mangled, torn remains of what until a couple of hours ago were five live, healthy men.

“He sir, he seems to have healed over it.”


Note: New character introduced and their descriptions.

Real name unknown (Leech): From main Marvel timeline and a little from the Evolution series. Powers include generating a suppressant field, disrupting and negating the superhuman powers of others. Member of the mutant group the Morlocks. (Age: Teenager….14-16)

Sarah a.k.a. Sarah Rushman (Marrow): Taken from main timeline and just like there, here too she is a member of the Morlocks. Hot headed and ready to ‘shoot’ at the drop of a hat. (Age: Late teens to early twenties…..19-21)

Other information,

Spoilers: Ultimate X-Men #5, The Ultimates Vol. 2, #2.

Next chapter onwards, I will be focusing more on the two years Ororo spent with Logan, while keeping a track of the present times.





You must login () to review.