“Logan.”

Getting no answer to her first hail, the Ororo called again, her breathing a little labored from the strain of having to keep up with Wolverine. “Logan.”

“WHAT!” The man of the moment, the uber-sulking form of Logan, the Wolverine growled without even turning around.
“You okay?” Ororo pushed the frown bubbling up to her face, keeping her voice as calm as possible. She knew he was angry. Hell, she was angry.
“Hn,” was all the answer she got, bringing up the frown all over again. At least the idiot could say yes or something, or just nod his head. Instead, he just grunted like a bull in heat.

“Look, I am sorry for what happened to your truck,” Ororo expressed sincerely. Truth was she was happy, not because the truck and everything inside it was gone, but because both of them had managed to get out alive and unscathed. Well, except for the few nicks here and there, she was okay. Not like Logan. He had born the brunt and was still digging out shrapnel from chest and sides, something that made Ororo want to throw up.
“Hn.”
“Hey, stop this grunting and give me a proper answer,” she lost it , jumping back in surprise when his middle claw of his right hand out, Logan whirled around and snapped at her.

“What do you want me to say woman. That I am happy that we’re still livin’ and that those fuckers didn’t riddle our asses, no, riddle yer sorry ass with bullets. Do you want me to say that or should I say I almost wish that they’d taken you away, so I’d be free of yer naggin’ an’ complain’. Do ya want me to say that?” By the time he ended, he was practically yelling.

“Aw fuck.” Logan cursed at the tears welling up in the tired Ororo’s eyes. He knew it hadn’t been a fault of her, just like it hadn’t been his fault. It was just the luck of the draw for them that the Weapon X fuckers came after her and in turn ran into him. “Uh, sorry okay,” he tried to salvage the situation. “I didn’t mean….”
“Fuck YOU,” it was Ororo’s turn to cry out now, as she wiped away the sudden flow of tears along her cheeks. “That’s what you want. Don’t you. You just want me to leave. Just want to get rid of me. Even if its to those….those monsters.” Her voice cracked towards the end.

“Ororo,” Logan reached up a hand towards her, only to be whacked away by the angry Storm. “Listen kid….”

“Kid? KID? I am a kid now?” That was the wrong thing to say too. It hadn’t been a conscious effort on Logan’s part. Just that, seeing her like this, tears staining her smooth cheeks, her manner defiant, Logan was reminded of a small innocent child. Well, not small, but a fully-grown and fuckin’ bend-her-over-an’-put-it-in worthy woman…but an innocent one nonetheless.

“Look ‘Ro, it ain’t…I didn’t mean….”

“I am a child now? A kid?”

“No, that’s not what I….”

“An hour ago, you were…”

“Listen ‘Ro’…”

“….humping me….”

“No, I wasn’t….”

“…with your….”

“Oro….”

“…Wee-Wee up my ass.”

“..ro….I…huh. WEE-WEE?”

------

//Flashback//

“Hmmm,” Ororo smiled in her sleep at the feeling of warmth and safety surrounding her. Her eyes still closed, she moved her hand, pulling the blanket, quilt, or whatever she had on, to her chest. Imagine her surprise when, along with the said covering something else rode up her body, right up to below the swell of her breasts.

CLANG!! CLANG!! CLANG!!

Her internal alarms went off.

‘Oh Goddess…..Oh Goddess…..Oh Goddess…..’ she mumbled silently as she tentatively lowered her hand to find and trace her fingers along the heated limb, following it up until she hit a patch of soft hair. Masculine. A man. A man in bed with her. A man in bed with her naked. A naked man with a naked her in a naked…. ‘Huh,’ she stopped at that thought. That was one naked too many.

The thought about the identity of the man was just rising up in her mind when the proffered hand left the comparatively safe location, for her, of her midsection and moved up to slam-bang on top of her hoo-haas, fingers curling around to mold themselves along the generous swells. The movement of the rough palm and its related fiddling resulted in waking to attention a certain ‘extensible’ part of the concerned hoo-haa.

“Hmm-Uhmm-Hmmm,” the man behind moaned as he leaned in further towards her, spooning her from behind, causing, his, hmm, thingamajig to move and fit right in between her ass-checks. His action caused Ororo to let out a barely suppressed whimper.

Goddess, what had she done? And with whom?

---

Looking around, Ororo realized that she in a by now familiar place, Logan’s truck. That would mean the man behind her was the owner of the truck. Logan.

Had she and Logan…? Had they…? How…? Why didn’t she remember anything about…about…..about whatever had happened to maker her be in a state with a naked Logan fitted against her naked side, his hand on her, uh, and his ‘thingy’ up and ready to go where she wasn’t ready to take it. Hell, she hadn’t been ready to take him in the other place either, but apparently had.

“Lo…..eep,” she squeaked as possibly dreaming a happy dream, Logan jerked against her, his hand tightening on her breast to pull her even closer, until they were flush against one and another.

“Hmm, smell nice,” Logan growled against her hair, nuzzling in deeper to take in the freshly washed fruity-flowery smell of her inch long hair. “Nice like Oro….”

The sudden silence and tensing up, complete tensing up, told Ororo, he was awake.

----

THUMP!!

Logan’s body hit the side of the truck as he literally flew away from Ororo, his action pushing off the Nubian beauty to the other side, where she lay, her widened eyes staring directly at his equally, if not more wide ones.

“I….we...you were cold,” Logan fumbled for words, blurting out whatever came to his mind first. Shit. One second he was dreaming of fresh rain and oooh, and aah, and the next…fuck.

Ororo was still giving him the deer in the headlights look, prompting him to think that she had gone back to her three word vocabulary days.

“Hey, I am Logan,” he lifted his hands, showing the open sides of his palms to her in a show of peace. “Can you understand? Talk?” He asked hopefully.

All the response he got was a head nod and a quivering of the lower lip that told him, things were about to get real weepy.

“You were cold and I….” he stopped mid-sentence as his ears and nose sensed something odd, something very very very odd. “Fuck,’ he cursed under his breath. “Get your clothes on.”

“Wha- (cough, sputter) -What?”

“Get your fuckin’ clothes on. NOW.” Logan snapped at her, pulling on his own jean and reaching for his shoes in a hurry to get ready before all hell broke loose.

“What did you do to me?” Ororo asked, her brow furrowing in confusion and rising anger. That was it. The guy just did her and now…...

“Get your clothes on woman,” whatever thoughts might been in Ororo’s mind, fled at Logan’s next words.

“We got company.”

//End Flashback//


----

Ororo was barely able to get her jean and top on when a hard blow to the neck knocked her off. Logan, remembering her fear of closed spaces, thought it better to it day way, especially for what he was going to do next.

Lifting her up, he flipped open the industrial size freezer installed in the makeshift kitchen of his truck and threw her into it, along with a whole lot of clothes to provide her protection. Given that the freezer wasn’t working at that moment, there was no need for insulation for fear that she would freeze in there. Moreover, in case something happened to him or to the truck, the freezer and packing her set around her would save her. For the same reason he didn’t lock it either. Wouldn’t want her dying in there.

That done, he got out just in time to escape the truck’s engine being blown to high heaven. Having had a few run ins with these assholes himself, he knew they were nothing more than gun-toting morons and were firm believers of the shoot first, salvage later policy. Luckily, after the last such thing happened to him, he had a special feature put in the truck. That was the ability to jettison the fuel tank, which he had already done minutes earlier. It was not so much as to save himself, than to spare himself the unnecessary task of digging out shrapnel and other debris from his body.

‘Just stay alive, okay,’ he sent on last glance towards the truck and Ororo inside it. He knew he might just have signed her death warrant, but anything would be better than falling in the hands of Weapon X again.

He had barely got out when fifty or so soldiers converged onto him thinking that he was just another normal human. It was Ororo they were looking for. Just their day that they found the Wolverine, the original Weapon X….the creature of myth and legend…..and nightmares.

In the course of about ten minutes, every single one of those poor bastards was dead and or mutilated beyond repair. Things would have been great, if just one of them wouldn’t have been able to get a .45 caliber shot to the truck’s engine, setting off whatever fuel was there in the fuel line and blowing near about the whole front half of the truck away.

Explaining their current predicament.

----

“What the fuck’s a wee-wee?” Logan demanded again, his face red with a mixture of anger and maybe even embarrassment.

“Your…you know…that thing,” it was Ororo’s turn to have a full body flush, tingling at the memory of him and his whatchamacallit nestled against her. “Your…p….” she stopped herself from saying pee-pee, commonsense telling her that it would not be the best thing to do.

“Hah,” Logan flipped his hand, turned around and stomped away from her. Arguing with her about the correct terminology to use while addressing his dick was the last thing he needed to do. He was cold, he was hungry, his clothes were torn, he needed to get some sleep to get his healing back up to power after the recent work it had had. He sure as hell did not need giving a full-grown woman a lecture on the male anatomy and the importance that it held to their egos that you not make even a wee-wee bit of fun of it. It was just not done. That, and the fact that talking about it with her was bringing back the memory of good her body felt against his and she just molded with him as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

‘Fuck. Too late. Gone hard again.’

----

Somewhere else,

“Magneto.”

“Yes Mystique,” the Master of Magnetism looked up at his second in command, a sheet of paper grasped in his hand.
“I have a question for you?” The blue shape-shifter inquired in her naturally husky voice, her appreciative curves catching and reflecting the light from the single tabletop lamp just right.
“Yes.”
“Why did you let the girl go after Wolverine first? Wouldn’t it have made better for us for her to find and take care of Xavier first?”
“It would have…” Magneto acceded that much. “If I knew that the girl wouldn’t be able to get Xavier, let alone this Wolverine.”
“Oh.”

Magneto’s knowledge of the illusive Wolverine came from whatever little Mystique had told him. Her past life was something she held very close to her heart. The only reason she told Magneto the basics of the Wolverine and his powers impressed him enough to think about recruiting him for his newly formed, Brotherhood of Mutants. However, according to Mystique that idea wouldn’t work as Wolverine, she kept his real name a secret, wasn’t concerned with anyone or anything except himself. For all he cared, either side, humans or mutants could do anything they wanted, as long as they left him alone.

“You see my dear,” Magneto explained his real plan for taking out Xavier. “The girl is merely bait, a ruse to get Wolverine into the picture. That’s why I have not only let her go after him, I have also given her full independence to do as she likes.”

“But what about Colossus and…” Mystique inquired about the two people following the girl.
“Those two,” Magneto grinned sardonically. “They will be the ones to tell Wolverine who to look for.”
“They will tell that they work for Xavier,” was the correct summation.
“Yes,” the silver haired man nodded. “That’s why I have sent who I did. Either those three can take care of themselves or they are entirely expendable.”

“It would seem everyone is expendable for you,” Mystique alluded to what had been done to Pietro….and what might happen someday with her.
“Times of war require sacrifices my dear,” was the hard and cold reply. “We each do what we can.”

Having nothing else to say, Mystique nodded and started to walk away.

“Mystique.” Magneto called to her back, causing her to still and turn around to face him.

“Not everything….everyone is expendable. Not so easily,” he spoke in a voice that she had never heard before. An almost soft voice.

“Some things are precious Raven.”

----

“So, when do you want to bop him? Take him down.”

“What?” Logan stared at Ororo as if she had grown a second head.
“Aren’t you going to…” she lifted a finger towards the front of the truck that they had hitched a lift in. The grandfather type trucker hearing their sob story, well, the one Logan told him, had allowed them to rest in the rear of the cabin until they reached the next town where Logan and Ororo would be getting off.

“Why are ya doing this?” Ororo’s eyes snapped up at Logan’s comment. What did he mean? “Act like somethin’ yer not.”
“I-I am not acting.” ‘Smooth ‘Ro,’ she cursed herself. Even she didn’t believe herself.
“Wanna try again?”
“I-I….” Ororo hesitated. “I just want to fit in. Stay under the radar. So that they don’t….”
“Fit in? Darlin’ yer a….” he left out the word mutant for the benefit of the driver. “On top o’ that, the way ya look. Yer never gonna ‘fit’ in.”
“Is that a racial thing?” Ororo scowled at him.
“No, it’s a using yer head thing,” Logan snapped back. “Those fuckers don’t come after ya ‘cuz yer good lookin’ or got a nice ass or something. They want what’s inside o’ your body, not yer mind.”
Stunned by his ‘good looking’ comment, Ororo flushed as the tingle came back, sending a shiver down her body.
“Jackass,” she whispered softly, this time with none of the anger or force of the earlier times.

“Hn,” Logan grunted as she lay down on the three by six feet bed, leaving Ororo staring at him.
“Hey. What about me?” She hissed.
“What about you?”
“Where am I supposed to lie down?”

Sighing in resigned frustration, Logan turned sideways to make space for her. Lying that way, he vacated enough space for Ororo to lie down sideways.

“Oh, no, no,” a black tuuk clad head shook in denial. “Not that again. I am not going to have your…no.”
“Suit yerself,” Logan replied dryly, looking not even the least bit concerned as he scratched his mutton chopped whiskers. ‘Need ta shave.’

Sensing the hesitation rolling off Ororo and also the tiredness in her, Logan sighed and turned around so that he was facing away from her. “This better?”

Again, there was silence, as the wary yet about to fall off Ororo weighed the pros and cons of the situation. With their current position, she would be the one on the outside and that would preclude the pokey-monster from, well, from poking into her. However, it would also mean she would have to put her arms around him, lest she fall off from what was essentially a raised platform with a scraggy old mattress on it.

“No funny stuff, okay,” she spoke aloud, both for Logan’s and for the driver’s benefit.

Lying down beside him, she snaked her arm through Logan’s, her fingers curled around at the buttons of his shirt. Within seconds she dozed off, one last thought on her mind.

‘Hmm, nice chest.’

-----

Back in Westchester,

“Anything Professor?” Scott Summers stepped up to his mentor as he rolled out of the door, on the other side of which lay the gigantic hollow sphere housing the telepathic power enhancing machine, Cerebro.

“No Scott, nothing.” Xavier shook his head. It had been almost four months since his student and Scott, Jean and Warren’s teammate, Ororo had vanished, most probably captured, by whom, they did not know. Since then, Xavier had been trying his level best, getting all his contacts up and running to get even a single clue as to her location or about the people who took her.

Keeping track of any freak weather occurrences, the X-Men seemed to have struck gold the previous night as a sudden and intense snowstorm descended on a particular area of Alberta, Canada. What got their attention was that this storm seemingly came out of nowhere and at a speed that was eerily unnatural.

Since then, Xavier had been continuously monitoring the area in an effort to check out for Ororo’s psychic signature. However, even after almost ten hours of monitoring he had nothing in his hand or mind for that matter, except a killer headache and an intense fatigue that came from using the Cerebro continuously for such a long period of time.

“But what about the snowstorm Professor?” Warren asked as he tried to rub the fatigue off his own face.

“That may just have been just another freak weather occurrence,” Jean offered her thoughts. “Its known to happen.”

“But Jean, more than two feet of snow in one night?” Scott exclaimed. “I am from Alaska, and even we don’t have that.”

“I agree with Scott, but I have found nothing to suggest that it was a mutant who did that, let alone Ororo.” Xavier sighed, looking much older. He had failed in his promise to Ororo. He had promised the young teenager that he would take care of her and the others. He was the one supposed to protect them for them to protect the innocents.

“We’ll find her Professor,” Jean offered her support. “We will.”

What neither Jean nor Xavier knew was how close they had been to finding their lost teammate and that it would be almost two years before they finally found her…..before she finally found them.

----

Back in Canada,

“She was here.”

“Are you sure?”
“What do you mean, if I am sure Ruskie? Who’s the tracker here fucknut?”

CLANGK!!

“You want to take that back comrade?”
“Or what kid? Yer gonna give me a back massage with those hands? Blow me?”

“Just get to work.”
“Fuck off.” *sniff**sniff* “An hour. Went that way.”

“What about her target?”
“The runt. He wuz gone much before. Had some fun here. They cleaned it up though.”

“What are you grinning for?”
“He ain’t alone...he’s got a frail with him.”


Note: Well, by now you all must know which character is coming next. This one had been coming in for the last few chapters and will make an actual ‘named’ appearance in the next one. He is going to be playing a major role in both the past and the present.

Please Review....you read it, you review it. Now how difficult is that concept??





You must login () to review.