Friday evening, Montreal,

“Oh, shi….”

SLASSH!!

“LOGAN….NNOOOO…!”

‘Shit. An’ here I thought that the week wuz goin’ well.’


-----

Monday,

“So, we’re gonna do this, right? You ready?”

“Do you even have to ask?” Under the slanted look Ororo gave him, Logan felt more than a little stupid.
“You know, I think I liked you better when you weren’t so…” he frowned, trying to get the correct word.
“Snobbish? Uppity?” Ororo supplied. Although she could not remember where and when she had heard them, she felt that people had called her that before. It was due to the strict control she had to keep over her emotions in order to keep her powers and the weather conditions from raging out.
“Nah, I was gonna say closed up.” Logan shook his head as reached and unlocked the door of the brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Although, he would have preferred something larger, like his truck was, he had settled on the next best thing. He did not care much about the frills and doohickeys in the Jeep truck, just how fast it went. After all, you never know when you need to make like bananas and split. Even the color was his standard black, something that even Ororo had agreed with. Personally, she would have gone in for a red or a white one, but luckily, for Logan, neither of those colors was in stock. Whew.

“Logan.” Ororo got in from her side and snapped the seat belt in place. Thanks to Logan’s hidden stash of emergency money, in his jacket and boots, plus the three thousand dollars they had left from before, they were able to make a substantial down payment on the Jeep, stock up for their journey, get new clothes and still have money left for the whole journey. Living mostly off the grid, Logan did not have a bank account or credit card to his name. However, he was able to get to contact, who it was, Ororo didn’t know, and ask him to make arrangements in Montreal.

“What?”

“I told you how I need to retain control all the time,” Ororo gestured towards the clear blue sky. Although, not her doing, both mutants were thankful for the weather. “Otherwise….”
“Otherwise what?” Logan grunted, as they finally pulled out of the driveway of the motel they had spent the night at (separate beds). “We’ll have a bit more rain or snow. Nothin’ harm in that.”
“How about two feet in one night?” Ororo drew his attention to the severe snowstorm that they read about in the paper over breakfast. The ‘Met’ department guys were still stumped over how it happened and how it just vanished.
“Hey, that was a one time thing?” Logan offered, secretly hoping that it wasn’t. Well, not the her almost getting ‘popsicled’, but the thing after that. The sharing of the body heat thing. Lately he had been getting quite a few thoughts involving Ororo, body, sharing heat an’ more and him. That’s why he had made it a point to get separate beds this time. He did not trust himself to keep his paws off her. Fuck, even her scent was innocent, let alone the rest of her.

For all her street smarts and her shoot from the hip attitude, well, not now, Logan had smelled her ‘experience’ in the more carnal aspects of life. It was a big whooping zero. Zilch. Nada. Nei. Shoony’a. She was a virgin and that meant, trespassers will get ‘hymenated’. The thought of being someone’s first had never appealed to Logan….not since a long time. Silver Fox. His first, true adult love. He had been her first, just as she had been his…but all that was a lifetime ago, and even though he had gotten back the memories, the feelings and emotions had almost faded away.

With Ororo, it was different. It did not trouble him that the animal inside him, the Wolverine, wanted to be her first. That fucker would horn in on anything with a set of tits and a vagina…yeah, yeah, but the human and mutant kind. The problem arose when with his growls of being the first one, the Wolverine also started to growl about being the ‘only’ one. Now, that was just too much. No way would someone like Ororo want to be with someone like him…and that too for the rest of their lives.

She was everything that he was not. Hell, since her memories came back, well, almost all of ‘em, she had taken to read. Read! An’ not the restaurant menu or the back of the beer bottle kind of reading, full-fledged novels and shit. He had given her a hundred dollars to buy her woman things, (no way was he going to do that again. Once was one time too many) and what did she do, she dropped on a couple of cosmetics and bought some kinda book that caught her fancy. Now she would be able to spend her free time by reading it, and more importantly ‘not disturb’, (in his eyes, avoid) him while he was driving or watching the TV. That alone was enough for Logan to want to shred it.

---

“A one time thing?” Ororo gasped. “Isn’t one time enough?”

“Nah, I am used ta it,” Logan avoided telling her about the five years he had spent in the wild, after his escape from Weapon X for the first time. The second time, that was six years ago, he had relatively waltzed out of it, after killing everyone inside…..with a special surprise gift with him, his REAL memories. All of them. Since then, he had spanned the globe trying to visit his past. He knew, whatever or whoever might have been there at one time, would have long since died or moved on, but still, he just wanted to touch base, if that was all he could do. Finally returning to Canada, he had kinda settled in Alberta. Although, he had been able to get his parents house back, thanks to the wonders of forgeries and broke family lines, he did not stay there. Not just because of the memories linked with that place now, but also because; it was just too damn big. Heck, what was he supposed to do with twenty two rooms, each with their own bath-n’-crapper, and that was without taking in the basement, the by now ‘stripped’, library, the two dining rooms, the dance hall, (yeah, like he was gonna dance), the living room and the front hall.

Instead of all that, he lived in his own cabin that he had built with his own hands about fifty years ago. Even its two rooms were more than what he needed. ‘Will be just fine with ‘Ro and the kid,’ the animal in him piped up. Fuck. Kid? Now where did that come from?

----

“You only want that because you just want to feel me up?” Ororo’s teasing words only served to cause his jeans to tighten even further.
“Grr,” a growl escaped unchecked, so did his answer. “Don’t need the weather to do that?”
“What!” Ororo echoed in surprise.
“Oh, nothin’. Nothin’ at all.”
“It wasn’t just…..” Ororo trailed off mid-sentence wondering if she wanted to go there herself. Maybe it was just nothing. Maybe it was just him teasing her as she had teased him. Maybe he was just being friendly? The whole Good Samaritan bit. Hmph. She felt like pouting. Yes, must be that. ‘What would he want with someone like me? Probably has a wife and children already.’ Double hmph.

“Logan,” she started hesitantly, her mind gone into autopilot mode. That wife and children thought had just been too much. The sudden clouds in the sky were proof of that.
“Hmm.”
“Are you married?”
“Hehn,” Logan regarded her from the corner of his eyes, looking for a reason for her sudden question. “Why do you wanna know?”
“Oh, nothing, just like that.” Now it was Ororo’s turn to feel stupid. ‘Idiot,’ she cursed herself. ‘If he wanted you to know about his life…or his, grrrr, wife, he would have told you about it.’ “You don’t have to tell if….”
“No.”
“No?”
“No, I aint’….I am not married,” Logan grunted, secretly smiling at the change in her scent at his answer.
“No. Oh.”
“Why? Any reason to ask?”
“No. Just for information sake. You know to make small talk, so as not to seem so….closed up.”
“Dontcha mean uppity?”

“Just drive okay….no need to get fresh with me.”
“No huh. Thought you’d like that…me ta get fresh with ya.”

“Drive.” (Secret smile)

----

Somewhere else,

“What’s the report Raven?” Wanda arched an eyebrow at her father’s use of Mystique’s real name. Still seething from what he had done and made her do to her brother, Pietro, the Scarlet Witch wasn’t at all happy with his new development.

“The girl is tracking him,” Mystique presented Magneto with a printout of the communicate. “Says he is not alone. Has a woman with him. Most probably shot…seems to have been wounded and maybe even operated upon.”
“Hmm, the woman is not of consequence.” If only he knew who the woman in question was. “What about the other two?”

“They are on her trail, and are maintaining suitable distance so as not to alert her.”
“Good. Tell them to keep on tracking her.”

Nodding in confirmation, the shape shifter started to move away.

“Raven….”
“Yes Erik,” that got another pointed look from the hex-casting Wanda.

“If the girl survives Wolverine, tell them to kill her.”

-----

Aboard the floating fortress, SHIELD HQ,

Looking at the green and blue mass below, a smug smile forms on the face of the dark skinned, eye-patch wearing man.

“Looks like Logan is going to have a party soon.”

----

Thursday, Montreal,

“I got her….”

“YARRGGH!!”

THUK!

THUD!

CLANK!

“OOmmph!”

THUK!

“No. Goddess….No….Nnnn….”

Closed. Dark. Closed. Lonely. CLOSED.

“Momma….Poppa….”

“Ororo….Ororo…Shit.”

Slash!

CLANK!

Light. Closed. Darkness. Open. Closed. Closed. Clo…..

“’Ro…..Ororo...hey…ORORRRO!!”


-----

Tuesday,

“Holleeee….Wow.”

“Hn.”

“Wow. Really?” Ororo looked as Logan with disbelief clear in her eyes and voice. “You are really THAT old.”
“Hey!” Logan spun around to face her. “I said my age was hundred and nine. I didn’t say I was ‘old’ old.”
The scowl on his face might have unnerved Ororo, had she not seen the barely disguised mischief in his eyes. He was playing with her. Making fun. The….humph. ‘Two can play at this game.’

“No, no, I didn’t mean it like that,” she said, clearly indicating that she did. “I mean look at you,” ‘Oh Goddess, just look aaaiittttt you,’ she almost slurped out the drool that she was sure was falling off her panting tongue. Taking the opportunity to check him from foot to head, she shuddered as a shiver that had nothing to do with the cold, ran through her body. The fact that he had his chest bared only added to the affect. “I mean, you don’t look a day over forty five.”
“Forty-Five? Forty-FRICKIN’-Five?” Logan’s eyes shot up momentarily before his nose caught the change in her scent. The same change that he had senses quite a few times in the last couple of days, and even on that morning when….. ‘Ugh,’ the mere thought was enough to make him uncomfortable in his jeans. ‘Fuck, she’s hot,’ the Wolverine growled appreciatively. In the time since he had found her to now, not only had Ororo regained her weight, well, still was still on the way with that, but her skin had also cleared up. That was another thing about her mutation that both of them had realized a few days ago. She didn’t scar. Not like the healing factor, but even though she healed like normal ‘non-HFP’ (Healing Factor Possessing) people, once her wounds healed over, the scarring would vanish too. This had given her previously cut, nicked skin its lustrous glow back. Even her hair was progressing along just fine. Maybe it was just Logan, but to him it seemed that even her hair grew faster than other peoples did. Already it was nearly a couple of inches long, and almost seemed like an aura around her head….at least it did to Logan. He wanted her to grow it long, so that he could, gr….it, and…pu…her to him when he thru… ‘Oh, sweet Jesus. My jeans are fuckin’ killin’ me.’

His ‘unease’ was only compounded to even greater levels as the first whiffs of Ororo’s arousal hit him. Even by itself, it was enough to knock him over, but mixed with her innocence, embarrassment and hesitation, it made for a lethal mix. Forget the warm shower he was planning to take. It would need three freezing cold ones and at least the same number of…uh, ‘self-help sessions’ to get himself under control.

----

“Oh, not Forty-Five. Forty-Twwooo…..” Ororo trailed off at the heated look in Logan’s eyes. The way he was regarding her was as if she was a piece of prime steak, or something to….
“Ororo.”
She gulped. “Y-Yes Logan,” her voice was barely a whisper. When did things take a turn for the this?

The way Logan prowled up to the bed, to her… Well, lets just say that he wasn’t thinking of playing Parcheesi, and neither was she.

“Ororo.” Logan growled again, fighting against his inner animal as he bent down to take a deep breath of her arousal, which had just spiked up with an anticipatory want, one that was making it difficult for him to think, let alone stand. “’Ro…..”
“Logan.”

Almost right down to her face, Logan turned his head at the last moment to nuzzle at her neck and shoulder.

“’Rrrrroooo…” his muffled growl rumbled through both of them, causing Ororo’s breathing to hitch. She wanted him to stop; she wanted him to continue…she did not know what did she want. All thought process had left her mind for parts unknown.

Suddenly, almost as slowly as he had approached her, just as quickly, Logan straightened up and shook his head as if too clear the haze clouding it. Ororo was dumbly staring up at him, her eyes brimming with sudden moisture. ‘Shit,’ Logan cursed. She was afraid, scared...scared of…. Helllllooo!! No smell of fear there, at least not towards him. Needing to get out of there before he did anything stupid like pull her down and fucked her to high heaven, he snapped his head at the towel in his hand, at Ororo, then at the bathroom and back at Ororo again.

“Uh, I am going to take….hit the showers.”

No reaction.

Tucking his tail, or in case his erection, between his legs, Logan literally sprinted to the bathroom door.

“Uh, ‘Ro,” his head popped up from the side, hoping to say something to help matters.

Still no reaction, except for that dumb, wide-eyed look.

“Uh, you smell nice,” and he bolted.

‘Smell nice? …..Oh Goddess…No!’

----

Somewhere in New York,

“Uhnn…..”

“He’s waking up….” A small boy’s voice piped up.
“Sssh!” A female voice silenced him. “Go, call Callisto. Tell her that the surface dweller is waking up.”
“Okie-dok,” the child lively voice seemed very out of place in the dark, drab setting of one of thousands of swears under the city of New York.

“Uhnn….” The man opened his eyes, finding nothing except darkness. In this semi-unconscious state, he did not notice the candle burning next to him. Trying to sit up, he found a slender hand holding him down.
“Don’t move,” a young….teenaged voice spoke to him. “You are weak. You need to rest.”

“Wh-Where am I?” The man inquired; his voice barely a croak.
“You are in New York, under the surface,” the voice explained to him.

His eyes clearing up, he saw red hair come into view, followed by the teenaged face of a woman.

“Who…who are…..ugh,” he choked mid-sentence, his throat dry and parched.

“Here, drink this,” the girl instructed as she brought a steel mug containing water to his lips. “I am one of the Morlocks,” she explained as the man drank the water. “My name is Sarah.”

“Uh, hey Sarah,” the young man wished back, for the first time noticing the bony projections from various parts of the girl’s body.
“What’s your name?” Was her innocent question.

“My name is Pie….” the silver haired man trailed off for a second as if trying to remember is name….or in his case, think of a suitable alternative.

“Peter. My name is Peter.”

----

Wednesday, Montreal,

“OWWW!”

“Geez, I bet that must’a hurt.”

“Whaddya takin’ about? Muties don’t feel pain like real people.”

“I-I….not…!”

“Like we care?”

“Hangin’ wit’ muties is worse than bein’ one!”

“Little skank’s a RACE TRAITOR!”

“She’s pretty cute, though.”

“This one’s WAY cute.”

“Not for long.”

SLAG!

“YEARGH!”

RRRIPP!

“Donnie!”

THUK!

“It’s some kind’a monster!”

CLUMP!

“Please don’t hurt me Please I’ll do anything PLEASE!”

SHOK!

(Silence)

“They’re all….dead…..Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee…”


-----

Wednesday (earlier in the evening), somewhere in the Ontario Province of Canada,

“What’s got yer beef?”

“….” It’s the silent treatment for him.

“’Ro…” he frowned as he tried to recall what had happened to do a one-eighty flip in her mood.

She seemed to be okay when they pulled up to the diner they were in. In fact, she was more than okay. Having slept peacefully for the last hundred kilometers or so, she was lively and fresh. Heck, he had to stop himself a couple of times from just reaching forward and caressing her.

They were working on a strange shift. Traveling mostly by night and early mornings, they used to spend the day in any motel they could find. Something within him switched, causing Logan to dump is usual haunts and look for something better for them…for her.

‘Doesn’t need to live my shitty life,’ that is what he told himself, while the truth was somewhat different. He wanted her to be happy, because her joy, her smile would bring the same to him.

“Where are we?” She had asked, looking around to find some semblance of a town or its name.
“Somewhere,” Logan answered noncommittally. “Does it matter?”
‘Of course it does,” bright blue, sleep glazed eyes tried to focus on him. “The journey is as important as the destination….maybe even more.”
“You got that frem that book of yers?” He deliberately hinted towards it. For the day and a half, he had not seen it, not even when they were at the motels they stayed at…..and all he had to say was good riddance. Not that he minded her reading it. Hell, if she wanted, he’d get her dozen more to read. What he minded….missed was her talking to him.

“Hmph,” she spun around and walked away from him, her body still stiff from sleeping all curled up, her hidden smile clear to both. “I am going to the restroom,” Ororo spoke over her shoulder. “Order whatever you want.”

----

Joining him five minutes later, Ororo stopped mid-step, a frown forming on her face.

Sitting there in the corner as his norm was, Logan seemed completely at ease. However, it was not him, who she was scowling at. It was that two bit sl….waitress practically dry humping him.

Stomping up to the table, THEIR table, she missed the way Logan’s eyes lit up at her, her own focused on the hussy, her hand just itching to blow her away. How dare she, Logan was supposed hers….Whoa!! ‘Where did that come from?’ Common sense brought her back. ‘I should not be acting like this, as if I am…No. No, I am not jealous, because there is nothing to be jealous about. No. Nothing. Nadaaaa…the bitch,’ she nearly cried out at the way the bimbo leaned against the table, her ‘udders’ practically spilling out. ‘Stupid Cow.’

“Excuse me,” the hussy in question, Sandie, ‘Wow, what an original name,’ looked up at the at least seven inch taller dark skinned woman standing next to her. With her woolen cap still on as were here pink ‘girly’ glasses, Ororo looked just like any other African woman. It was part of her disguise, one to cover her snow-white locks and baby blue eyes, because if anything, those two littered yelled aloud different.

“Yes?” Sandie did not seem quite happy at the intrusion. “Have a seat. A server will be with you soon enough.”
“I am sure she will,” Sandie’s uneasy smile faltered as Ororo slid down in the seat in front of Logan’s. “I’ll take the Caesar salad, with a side of Tuna and oh, a diet coke.”

Flustered by the sudden shift in the balance, Sandie plummeted even lower at Ororo’s next words.

“And what would you like dear?” The weather witch crooned to Logan, deliberately letting her hand slide over his in a show of, fuck off bitch, this ones’ mine, ALL mine.

“Uh….” Poor Sandie was at a loss of words. In one fell sweep, this woman came out of nowhere, cut in and swiped Mr. Hunky from under her, and look at him, the son of a bitch is smiling. He finds it funny. Well, fu….

“Steak, largest you’ve got,” Logan’s growl silenced every unseemly thought within her.

“Y-Yes sir,” and with that Sandie was gone, and as soon as she disappeared, so did Ororo’s hand from his and the sweet smile from her lips.

In its place was a frown….which was still going on as he tried to speak to her.

-----

“’Ro….” Logan reached forward for Ororo’s hand, only to have her yank it away.

“What’s the matter?” No answer.

“Somethin’ happened?” Nope.

“Somethin’ I said?” Still nothing.

“Hmph,” last resort. “What’s the matter ‘Ro? Stop acting like a prissy, kid?”

OOooo!! That scored a direct hit.

“I am not talking to you,” Ororo bit out and started to read the menu.

“What? What did I do?” Logan scratched his head trying to make out what had just happened. He even took a courtesy sniff to check if she were….you know, having her flow. ‘Shithead,’ his mind cursed him. ‘She had that like ten days ago. How the ‘fuck’ many times do ya think she has it?’ “Is it about the waitresss?”

“Screw you Logan.” Bingo!

“Come on ‘Ro,” Logan rubbed his face. “You know that it was just fun. She don’t mean anything to me. Not like….” He stopped mid-sentence, knowing he had just crossed the line of, saying too much.

“Not like?” Ororo’s eyes changed within a second. Gone was the anger and hurt in them. Now there was just hope and anticipation.

At his silence, she asked again. “Not like what, Logan?”

“Here yer order?” Sandie stepped in just in the nick of time.

The talk ended there…but neither of them forgot about it. The playing field had just been taken up a level.

----

It was early Thursday morning that the black Jeep Grand Cherokee entered into Montreal city-limits.

Lost in their personal thoughts…the ones about each other, the couple still had no idea about the danger following them or the one ahead.

Half of the week was gone and half remained, and the remaining three and a half days would change their lives.

Forever.


Note: I had earlier planned on making it a five parter with short chapters for every day of the week (neglecting the weekend). However, finally settled on two ‘episodes’ to tie this all up.

Spoilers: Uncanny X-Men #450

Next, see how the remaining three days turn out for the couple, both for them personally and for the others around them.

And oh, please do review!!





You must login () to review.