Tuesday Afternoon, Somewhere in Alberta,

“….”
“Hmph.”

“….”
“Say it.”

“Huhn? What?”
“I know you want to say it, so spit it out already.”

“I didn’t say anythin’.”
“But you want to? That I shouldn’t have done that….shouldn’t have used my powers on that man…”

Looking away from the window and at her travel buddy, she is surprised to see grin…the barely contained guffaw of laughter on his face.

“Why you….” Strikingly blue eyes narrow at him. “You got a kick out if it huh?”

Finally a sputter breaks through. It was indeed a sight. One moment the Romeo wannabe is drooling all over her, earning a gutting, and the next….he’s soakin’ wet.

“You gotta agree, it was a nice sight what ya did ta him.”

Her scowl turns into a frown, rapidly giving way to a mischievous smile, the anger and worry flowing away from her twin sapphires.

“It was nice, huh. That’s why you stayed back and let me handle it?”
“Yeah, and….”

“And?”
“I didn’ want to be there, if ya got caught.” He finally breaks out into a full-throated laughter.

“Why youuu…..” *punch* *pow* *smack*
“Hey. HEY!”

*BIFF*

“I hate you.” There’s no anger in her voice this time.


-----

Thursday,

“Uhnn….” The lone, scantily clad figure on the bed came out of her sleep at feeling someone’s eyes on her. “Logan?” Her naturally sultry voice, sounded huskier due to the effects of being asleep for more than five hours.

A few feet away from her, on the raggedy sofa of their ‘no-star motel’ room, sat the man she had called out too.

“Its me,” Logan returned as softly as he could, his lips curving up as the tension that had suddenly piped up in the Nubian beauty’s body, all of it, just withered away, her head flopping back onto the pillow.

Even though his lips seemed relaxed and smiling, the rest of his body was as taut as a bow and growing tighter by the second. Even the darkened room, her figure was clear to him, thanks to his excellent night-vision and her naturally glowing skin….a lot of which was visible now that the bed sheet had been pulled off having being entangled around one leg.

Lying on her stomach facing him, her still short but rapidly growing hair kissing the side of her face, the first thing that caught Logan’s attention was her incredibly kissable lips. Almost like two rose petals, if ever there was a pair of lips worth kissing before your last breath left your body, they were it. Just after talking to him, the tip of her pink tongue darted out to wet them, and Logan’s erection all but shot through the roof of his jeans. He had already stopped the lie he had been telling himself, the one that said that the only reason he ‘kept an eye’ on her was to ensure that she was safe. He could just as easily do it in his sleep, or without continuously staring at her as if he were a bum who hadn’t had a sip of even the shittiest booze for the last month and she was the perfect blended, fine aged, bottle of scotch.

All he, both the animal and even the man now, wanted to do was span those five feet, reach down and kiss those lips….as a start. Part them with the gentle nudging of his own mouth and tongue, draw hers out to him and suck on it….again as a start. Just that simple kiss was enough to send him to the bathroom for a cold shower…the rest of his fantasy necessitating a masturbation session, or two….or more. The fact that even right now, her using one of his flannel shirts as a nightshirt had put his scent on her, was overkill. Normally, it came down to the middle of her thighs and with her body askew, her one leg hitched up, he could clearly make out the lace of her…..uhn, fuck, lace….why did she have to put on lace ones? For that matter, why did she put on one at all?

‘To help ya keep the little sanity that ya have left,’ his conscience sounded from within him.

-----

Lost within her….well, lets just leave it at that, Logan felt a counter gaze on him. His head snapping up to her head, he saw two blue, sleep glazed eyes regarding him. How did he miss her getting up? He should’ve caught the change in her heart beat….yeah, should’ve…Surrrree!

Already half awake, feeling Logan’s stare on her, Ororo roused completely when even after her calling out to him, his eyes didn’t waiver from her...his gaze becoming even more heated.

Keeping herself as still as she could, she first peeked one and the other open, blinking them a couple of times to get whatever vision she could manage in the near pitch dark room….the only light being the one coming from the streetlights outside.

Reaching Montreal, the first thing they did was get a room, and while she had one of the hottest showers she could manage, feeling her tensed muscles relaxing under the warm of the water, Logan checked out their surroundings and got them breakfast. They would leave in the evening to check out the leads that Logan’s contact had provided him…until then, well, Ororo had had a good sleep and Logan was thinking of doing the same. However, the Wolverine did not want to sleep, let alone sleep alone…..not with HER within breathing distance.

---

Clearing his throat, Logan straightened up and crossed one leg over the other, hoping to hide the ‘distraction’ in his jeans. As if his own feelings weren’t enough his instincts and senses were telling him the same story from Ororo’s side.

“How’s the arm?” He asked, his voice overtly husky from his arousal. Never one to step back from a chance of a romp in the bed, there was something within him that stopped him this time. At first, he tried to convince himself that it was just due to the proximity of a woman. When that did not work, he tried a different route and reminded himself that even if going by how he looked instead of how old he really was, there was still an appreciable age difference between him and Ororo. Even for that, his inner Wolverine had a prompt and unbeatable answer.

‘Yeah, like yer gonna get a live one of yer age.’

The next excuse met and even swift death. ‘What would she want with someone like me?’ Her memories returned, Ororo had changed from the mute, almost childlike way she had been when he first found her, to a loud, acting obnoxious teen. Her third and final change brought her to the way she was now, what Logan perceived as her real personality. Although street-smart, there was an underlying grace in her, almost regal in nature. Heck, she read….and read like crazy, had grown quieter, more controlled, well, except with him, but within the last ten days itself, just as her body recovered, gaining weight to make her look almost her age, so it seems, did her mind.

“Better.”

“Huh?” Once again lost in his thoughts, Logan missed what Ororo said.

“I said, my arm is better,” he almost growled at the soft smile on her face. He needed to get out of here, out of this room…either to the bathroom for yet another ‘artic’ cold shower or even better at least ten miles away from her. He wasn’t sure that even ten miles would be enough, not with her. Fuck, her scent just seemed to pull him to her. He had to find some solution for that….because, that scent continuously battered away at his final excuse. All his previous excuses gone, Logan finally settled on a ‘wimpy’ one….he wanted Ororo to make the first move. What he had thought was that move would come in the form of something verbal or visual, like a kiss or hug or something. He did not count on the pheromones that her body seemed to be releasing, pheromones that were freakin’ sending HIM into heat.

“Uh, ‘k,” barely mumbling an answer, Logan pushed himself off the sofa, but not before grabbing his jacket and holding it in front of him. “I, uh, I gotta go.”

“Where?” Ororo asked hopefully. This was another change that slipped unnoticed and unobstructed by Logan. Somewhere along the way, Ororo started showing interest in him, in his comings and going, not in a nagging way, but in a ‘I hope you take care of yourself and come back soon’ kind of way. Moreover, instead of feeling stifled by her ‘intruding’ on his personal space, the man in the Wolverine started to appreciate and look forward to it. As far as the Wolverine was concerned, the man was a pansy in the sense that it wasn’t making a move to establish his claim. The Wolverine wanted a pack, something that he had lacked for so many years….and with Ororo, no, Ororo was the woman, she was for the man, the Wolverine wanted the ‘elemental’ animal inside her, he wanted the Storm.

“Weren’t you going to rest?” She asked further. It was their usual practice. They tried to make it such that during their day stops, at least one of them would stay awake. In the case of any emergency, it would not take them both by surprise.

“Uh, not now,” Logan waved his hand, not even turning to look at her. “If I stay….just ferget it…neither of us is gonna get any sleep.”

The last few words spoken just under his breath, Logan was certain the Ororo wouldn’t have heard them….until….just as he stepped out and closed the door behind him….

“I wouldn’t mind that.”

----

Hours later,

“What is this place?” Ororo looked around feeling very out of place, and yet eerily fitting in as well.

“This darlin’,” Logan instinctively drew her close, keeping her injured arm on the inside. “Is the Montreal night life.”
“Huh!” It was clear that Ororo was out of her depth. She remembered going to a dance club, but one like this…never.
“Say anything; these French fuckers know how ta have a good time.”
“Logan!” Ororo’s voice rose in mild admonishment. “Its not nice to make fun of someone’s language or country or….”
“Hn, I do it with everyone,” Logan cut her off. “French, English, African, German, whatever, alls the same to me….as long as they stay away from me. I’m just sayin’ of all the cities in Canada, Montreal’s best if you wanna roam out….or hide,” he added under his breath. Although enjoying the company, most of his newfound glibness was for Ororo’s sake, to keep her calm. The fact that this nightclub was half-underground, did not help matters. At the same time, he was keeping a whiff out for any signs of the girl.

“Otherwise?”
“Otherwise what?” Logan seemed to catch a scent, but just for a second and then it was gone.
“You said as long as they stay away from you. What happens if they don’t?”
“This.” Almost nonchalantly, Logan whipped out one middle claw, it Admantium glittering in the overhead lights.
“Hmph,” Ororo slapped the back of his hand, the same on with the claw out. There was no fear in her eyes or actions. “Put it in.”
“You sure?” Logan tilted his head and grinned down at her, his eyes dark and at the same time, glowing.
“Of cour….” Seeing into his eyes, Ororo lost her words, suddenly realizing the way they were leaning into one another, how Logan’s one arm was wrapped around her waist, his fingers, gently caressing but not quite touching the bottom swell of one covered breast. Her own hand was at his waist, her fingers playing with his belt, almost going over to the inside.

“’Ro,” Logan growled as the tip of her tongue slipped out to wet her suddenly dry lips.
“Logan,” her sapphire blue eyes widely staring at him, Ororo found herself turning further into his embrace, as Logan’s other arm came up to her shoulder.

As if in a slow motion replay of a dance move, both leaned forward, their lips parting in anticipation of what was to come….their words falling away into nothingness.

‘’Ro…’
‘Logan….’

---

BUMP!

“HEY!”

BUMP!

CRASH!!

“FUCK. Yer….” *Sniff* *Sniff* ‘Its her.’

----

Within the span of a few seconds, everything changed as one overtly enthusiastic dancer bumped into another, who then cried it as he bumped into one of the waitresses, causing her tray to topple over. About to ask if Ororo was fine, Logan tensed up as his senses caught and confirmed the identity of the waitress.

“Logan? What is….Ahhhh,” Ororo cried out in pain as the woman….girl in question pushed her towards Logan, the collision causing her still healing arm to get squeezed rather badly. The pain only worsened as, reacting on instinct, Logan grabbed her, right at her wound.

“Ororo, shit.” Realizing what he had just done, Logan withdrew his hand as if had been burnt. “’Ro, you okay?”
“Yess…” Ororo hissed and nodded a lie. “T-The girl?”

His sudden panic fading away, Logan looked around but could not any trace of the girl…well, not any ‘visual’ trace. Apart from the dozen or so toppled over dancers still pulling themselves or being helped up, the girl had left a clear ‘odor’ trail behind her.

“She’s headed out.”

----

Half an hour later,

“LOGAN!” Ororo’s voice reached down from the sky. “I got her….”

Rushing out behind the girl, the couple broke up when they finally lost her in an alleyway. Although within his reach, the rusted fire escape gave way under Logan’s metal weighted body. As a result, while he took the ground route, his sniffer working at full capacity to keep track of the girl, Ororo rose up into the air. Thanks to her dark navy blue jeans, black leather jacket and ‘tuuk’, she was nearly invisible in the night sky.

Even before he could respond, a loud cry, almost like a battle cry, tore through the night as the girl launched herself off the roof and at Ororo.

“YARRGGH!!” Possessing enhanced senses herself, she threw a perfect punch…right onto Ororo’s arm, while following it up, almost instantly with a hook across her jaw.

Her concentration gone, her winds rapidly dissipating, Ororo hurtled towards the ground. Just as they were about to hit the ground, or in their case, a garbage dumpster, the girl launched herself off Ororo. Landing perfectly on her feet, she whirled around just in time to see Ororo go into the metal container.

THUK!

Even before she could get her bearings back, the world turned dark, closed and small….very small and very closed, for Ororo.

THUD!

CLANK!

Dropping the cover, the mutant teen, locked it into position.

“OOmmph!” THUK! That told Ororo that her effort to open the box, to escape from the closed space were in vain. “No. Goddess….No….Nnnn….”

Closed. Dark. Closed. Lonely. CLOSED.

“Momma….Poppa….”

“Ororo!” Logan’s voice sounded as he came around the corner, his nose and ears leading him directly to the dumpster. “Ororo…Shit.”

Slash!

One swish of a clawed hand and metal pieces fell to the ground.

CLANK!

Light. Closed. Darkness. Open. Closed. Closed. Clo…

“’Ro…..Ororo...hey,” Logan pulled the nearly catatonic Ororo could and cradled her in his arms. “ORORRRO!!”

----

Monday Afternoon, Some Diner,

“You want to WHAT?”
“Sshh!” Logan

“You want to what?” She spoke with a much lower tone.
“Want to…..have to find a kid.”

“A girl…”
“Hmmm…”

“…and that’s why you are going to Montreal.”
“Nah. That’s why *we* are going to Montreal.”

“We!” Inspite of her surprise, a soft smile formed on her lips. ‘We.’ She liked the sound of that. Not remembering anything, it felt good to have someone close to you. ‘Even if it is for a short time.’

…and that caused her smile to falter and fall away.

“What?” He caught the change in her. Not only did her smile vanish, but even her eyes lost some of the light in them. “’Ro?”

“Logan…”
“Yeah!” Now he was worried.

“What about me?”
“You?” He had no idea what she was talking about.

“What are…what are *we*…” she automatically included his opinion too. “…going to do about me?”
“About you?” Still no idea.

“Yes. How long do you plan on keeping me with you?” Even as the words left her lips, her desperation shone clear…even to her.
“….”

“Logan….” Damn the desperation. She wanted an answer.
“….”

“….”
“How long do you wanna stay….with me?” He tossed the ball back in her court, because as far as he was concerned, a small…no, an increasingly big part of him welcomed the change in their plans.

Had they continued to Toronto…they would have parted company by now and with the transmitters those Weapon X fuckers planted in her, she would surely have been caught and returned to one of their labs.

“I-I…” She was at a loss for words.
“…”

“Logan, I…”
“Lets do like this…” He gave her a break. “You take yer time an’ once you decide, you let me know...deal?”

Slowly the smile and the light came back, brighter than before…brighter than he had ever seen.

“Deal.”


---

Friday,

KRRKK! KRRKK! KUTHUCK!

The sound of metal encased bones cracking did not have any affect on the slim figure sleeping on the bed. Lying almost diagonally on the queen sized bed, one arm beneath her upside down form, the other, the healing one spread out over the empty space, her exotic features free from any tension or worries, Ororo seemed completely at peace…completely different from how she had been a few hours ago.

Carrying her with the care of a newborn, Logan had rushed back to his jeep and then to their motel room. Least concerned about the girl they had been chasing, the only thing on his mind was Ororo….and what was happening to her. He knew, from a rather painful experience that she did not favor closed spaces…closed, dark spaces even less. However, even when she unknowingly lashed out and electrocuted him, her mental and emotional state did not come even close to what it was now. Moreover, from the way her body seemed to be growing cold in his arms, he was thankful that she was still breathing…giving him proof that she was still alive.

Once at the motel, he swiftly divested her off her wet, and thanks to the dumpster she had fallen into, stinking clothing, and carried her to the bathroom. A quick shower, just enough to wash away the dirt and grime, and it was to the bed with her. During all this time, the nearly catatonic Ororo, a blank look in her eyes, did not speak even a single word or even lift a finger by herself. Her claustrophobic attack had been so intense that for all purposes, she seemed to have gone into a vegetative state.

Barely able to contain the rage welling up inside him, Logan limited himself to growling under his breath and mumbling expletives at the girl….and even more to himself.

‘Shouldn’ta taken her.’

‘Got her all fucked up now.’

‘That kid’s gonna pay fer….Yeah asshole, take yer mistake out on the kid. Its yer fault she is like this.’

‘Just wanna see her smile….”

‘Fuck….say somethin’ darlin’.’

‘’Ro….’

Those were just some of the thoughts that were bubbling over inside him, with the last one, the one of Ororo’s name, coming out almost like a whimper….from the Wolverine.

---

The rest of the night was spent with Ororo quickly falling away into a deep sleep, and with Logan sitting down on the ground beside her, just so that she would be within easy reach from him. His senses firing on all cylinders, Logan was alert to detect even the smallest variation in her, whether a change in her heart beat, an external move….heck, even the slightest movement of her soft silk like hair.

It was almost dawn when sleep finally came to him….too bad it did at a wrong time, as just as he was about to doze off, the sudden spike in almost all of Ororo’s systems, jolted Logan out of his semiconscious state. Within the span of a few seconds, not only had her heart beat almost double, Ororo also started to move around. Turning over onto her back, the, by now, sweat slicked Ororo, began kicking and pushing at an invisible barrier around her. The sudden change in the weather outside mirrored her agitated state. Her breathing coming in pants, Logan detected the telltale signs of going into shock….or in her case, coming out of it.

“Ororo?” He was instantly at her side, forcing himself too keep his hands off her. Knowing from experience, he knew that being touched or intruded upon by someone was the last thing Ororo needed right now. She needed to ride out whatever nightmare she was battling against and come out on her own.

That did not mean he couldn’t help her. It just meant no actual physical contact. Instead, he began running his fingers through her short hair, hoping the familiar practice would help her recognize who he was.

---

All of a sudden, “NOOOOOO….” White electrified eyes snapped open as in a display of almost superhuman strength, Ororo, not only sat up, but also practically tore the mattress right off as her finger dug and balled into it.

“Fuck,” Logan cursed at the shrill cry playing havoc on his senses. “Ororo…” he called out, wanting her to stop with the screaming already. “Ororo.”

Whether it was hearing his voice, or whether it was just hearing someone call her name….or just hearing someone’s voice, Ororo instantly grew silent, her head whipping around towards the direction of the sound.

The whiteness giving way to her natural blues, a realization seemed to dawn on Ororo, her breathing coming in pants, her bare chest rising and falling with his each gulp of air.

“L-Logan?” Her voice was soft and hesitating, as if she did not trust her eyes.

Taking his own hands off his ears, Logan nodded at her and even offered a half-smile as identification. “Its me.”

“Are you alright?” He nearly scoffed at her words. She was the one who had gone through hell, and she was asking HIM if he was all right. “Did I hurt you? Tell me, I didn’t hurt you again. I…please…I didn’t mean…”

“’Ro, Ro….” Logan reached forth and placed his hands on either side of her face, stilling her shaking body and her babbling. “Sshh…’m okay. No need ta worry.” Now he understood. She was afraid that she might have electrocuted him again.

“I didn’t hurt you….” Ororo still didn’t seem convinced, her eyes flitting over Logan’s flannel clad chest and arms, as if wanting to confirm what he had just said to her.

“Come ‘ere,” even as he said the words, Logan pulled Ororo to him, taking care of her injured arm, while wiping away the tears flowing down her cheeks. Not one to intrude in other people’s lives, and especially their nightmares, Logan limited himself to holding her close, whispering….what he hoped, soothingly into her hair.

For her part, Ororo let Logan guide her, first into his arms and then back onto the bed, pulling and tucking in the covers around her. Even though her catatonic state had passed away, her mind and her emotions were still skirting the razor edge between control and panic. Even her body, although not having suffered any actual injury, except for the lump on her forehead, where the girl had hit her, seemed unusually heavy and lacking in energy.

---

If Logan had any plans of leaving the bed, they got whisked away as Ororo curled herself around his arm…..and as soon as he lay down beside her, practically climbed over onto him, her head resting at the crook of her arm and shoulder, while one hand snaked itself through his shirt, her leg intertwining with his. There wasn’t anything sexual about her movements, more to do with her subconscious need to feel someone close to her….to feel safe….safe from the closed darkness.

Soon both of them fell asleep, Logan’s one hand resting along the curve of Ororo’s neck, while the other protectively draped over her hand at his chest.

Neither of them woke up until noon, and even then, it was only to eat, after which Ororo returned to her recuperative slumber, while Logan made plans for the evening. He would leave around eight, going back to the last place where they saw the girl, the dumpster…..and from there he would track her…and this time he would do without Ororo. There was no way in hell that he was going to put her in danger again.

----

Friday night,

“Logan, she has claws…on her feet,” Ororo commented in surprise and somewhat awe. Even though Logan wanted to leave her behind, there was no way Ororo was going to let him go alone….if nothing else, she would keep an eye out for him.

They had however, reached a compromise. Ororo could come along, but once Logan sensed the girl, she would take off and remain airborne until he gave the all clear signal. Even though she would have liked to be near him, Ororo realized that from what she had seen of the girl and heard from Logan, she was no match for her in close quarters combat. Her only advantage was in ranged attacks, hence the airborne clause.

“Saw that darlin’.” Logan grunted up at her. Truth be told, even he was surprised at that. He knew about the hand claws, heck, those were the ones that had got him started in the first place…seeing twin-claw marks on one of the Weapon X facilities that he had chanced upon.

“So, what do we do now?” Ororo asked as she dissipated her winds and landed next to Logan. Things had gone much better than last night. Not only was she not attacked, even Logan wasn’t….well, hurt. The girl did attack him, but her stupefied surprise at seeing not two but three, longer claws shoved in front of her face, gave Logan the time and opening to present his case.

Ten minutes and no bloodshed later, Logan stepped back and drew in his claws, giving the girl a way out to leave. He presented his side of things and told her what he was offering…in straight and simple words. He also told her that he would give her the time and space to think and decide, but not to run away. He tracked her once (he told her he had done it in four months) and would do it again, and again.

“We go back to….”

Logan stopped mid-sentence as a familiar scent assaulted his senses.

“Ro, get in the air,” he growled. Even though he did not let his claws out…yet, he did err on caution. This had to be a set up. There was no way that….

“Logan,” Ororo stepped to his side, but stopped short from touching him as a masked figure landed with a loud thump on the car beside them.

----

“GO!” Logan pushed her away as yet another set of scents hit him, one of them clearly an unfriendly one. ‘Creed.’

Ororo had just lifted about ten feet or so, when….

“Oh, shi….”

SLASSH!!

Three, razor sharp, Admantium encased claws sank into Logan’s chest…right through his heart.

“LOGAN….” The weather witch’s cry sounded through the empty alleyway. ‘NNOOOO…!”

---

‘Shit. An’ here I thought that the week wuz goin’ well.’ Logan’s eyes widened as his attacker tore the mask from her face.

“M-Mariko?”

“No Logan-San. Kirika….Kirika Yashida.”



Note: There will be one more part in this subsection to cover the remaining two days of the week. Everyone seems to want to either kill or capture (or do both) Logan and Ororo….including family members.

TBC…Please Review!!





You must login () to review.