26. Days of Our Lives 3

Summary:
The final night...and its fight.



“No Logan-San. Kirika….Kirika Yashida.”

Dumbstruck and in more pain than he’d care to experience, Logan stared first at the young woman, then at her claws embedded into his chest and then back at her.

“Ki-... (cough)….Kirika… (cough cough),” he tried the name, blood gurgling up his throat and past his lips.

Who was this woman? This girl? That question did not even come up in his thoughts….it did not need to come up. The face alone would have been proof enough. Bearing an eerie resemblance to her mother, it was clear that Kirika was Mariko’s daughter, her eyes exactly the same as her father’s…as were the claws, which more than anything were an overkill.

“Kirika Yashida.” The teenager spat the name out, twisting her hand for added effect. How she had waited for this moment, when she would not only face this man, the man who disgraced her mother, but also exact her revenge on him…but carve out his heart to do so.

“LOGAN!!” Ororo’s loud cry was what finally broke Logan out from his stupor, his head jerking out towards her, just in time to see her disappear from his line of sight…her slim form seemingly swallowed by a larger shadow, one that Logan knew very well. ‘Creed.’

First things first, Logan reached up, grabbed the hand sticking into his chest and yanked it out, letting out a loud snarl at the pain shooting through his entire being. Fuck. No matter how often and how many times he got cut, shot or blown up, it never stopped hurting.

“Let. Me. Go.” Pulling but unable to free herself, Kirika fell back onto option two, using her free hand to slash across the face of the man whose dirty blood flowed through her veins.

“GAH.” Stunned as well as hurt by the sneak attack, not only did Logan grab at his face, holding it in place as his healing factor kicked in to heal it, he also fell also onto the ground only to have Kirika jump onto his chest, her legs pinning his arms to the ground.

“Kid. What the fu…” Logan was still unable to get his rage built up, even after two life threatening attacks. “Who are you?” He inquired, already knowing what the answer to that question would be. But that wasn’t what he wanted to know. What he wanted to know what where had she been for so many years…and more than that, how was she even alive. Five and a half years ago, soon after getting all his memories back, he had rushed to Japan, to his Miko…only to find that not only did she not live there anymore, she wasn’t even alive. That she had been pregnant when she died had been news for Logan, the timeline of her death telling him that the child had been no one but his.

“Who am I?” Retracting her claws, just enough so that they stuck out of her knuckles, Kirika started punching across the older man’s face…hard, hard enough to peel skin while protecting herself from hitting against metal.

---

Back in the alley,

Landing and rushing towards where Logan stood skewered on the claws of the mysterious attacker, Ororo was interrupted herself, with a rather forceful hand swipe throwing her against the wall. Though not hard enough, the hit and the subsequent blow against the brick wall was enough to daze Ororo.

Her attacker not going her the time to recover and gather herself at least enough so that she could use her powers, stomped up to her and grabbing her hair raised her and smashed her face first into the wall, his other hand coming up to clamp down on her shoulder, his fingers digging into it. Not only that, not only was it heavy, the grip grew more and more painful by the second, the claws…CLAWS! tearing through to her skin.

“Where’re ya goin’ frail?” The hot stinky breath of her captor sounded at her back, its sinister tone sending chills down her spine. What was even more sickening was the way he was pushing against her, almost as if a wild god getting ready to rut.

Gathering all her energy and scattered senses, Ororo placed her hands flat against the graffiti covered surface and pushed, pushed with all she was worth. “Get…your...filthy…paws…off me.”

Getting free, she fell onto the ground and quickly rolled away, wincing, not only because of the pressure on her still sore arm but also because of the way that her attacker’s claws had torn through her jacket and t-shirt, getting right down to her shoulder muscles.

Once far enough, she turned around and crouched like a cat getting ready to attack and came face to face with the hulking behemoth that was Victor Creed, the mutant better known as Sabertooth.

“Yer a feisty one, ain’t ya.” Sabertooth stepped out of the shadows and lifting his hand to his mouth, the same one that had been holding Ororo. Leering at her, he took a deep sniff from the limb before licking the now bloody nails. “Taste nice too. Guess I’ll fuck ya…make ya scream fer me.”

Pushing her fear down, Ororo shot back hoping that the brave front that she put forth held out. “Nobody is fucking me. Least of all you.”

“Grr. Who else but me? That runt?” The growl that emanated forth from the strange man caused her to stop short. ‘Goddess! He’s a feral too.’ Her eyes widened at the realization. She had heard Logan’s growls but they were nowhere as bestial as this one’s, nowhere near as hideous. With that another thought came forth. If he was a feral, that would mean his senses…

“Nice try bitch.” Sabertooth’s words predated and confirmed her suspicions. “But I can smell the lies rolling offa ya. I like that, like it when your broads protest. Makes it all the more fun to break you….to get ya to scream fer me.”

With that he started towards her, his sudden burst of speed taking Ororo by surprise as she realized that his allowing her to break free and get even this far was all his way of toying with her, playing with her…as a cat played with a mouse, with its food.

‘Get away!’ Ororo’s sense of self-preservation cried out aloud, but not in time for her to escape Sabertooth’s grasp as grabbing her hand, the larger mutant yanked her down and towards him, the force causing the her arm to twist back sharply…and pop right out of the shoulder socket.

“AAAARRRGGHHH…LOGAAANNNN!!”

---

“…LOGAAANNN!”

“Ororo.” Even through the blood flowing out from the shredded remains of his face, pooling in his ears, Logan heard it…heard her cry of pain, her call to him…for him.

Even Kirika stopped at the cry from the alley, her fist stopping mid-swing. In her rage and thirst for revenge she had missed two very important things, one that unbeknownst to her Magneto had sent two of his lackeys after her, one of them currently causing pain to whoever was that woman was. The second thing she neglected noticing was that even after all her blows, even after her all she had said and done to him, the Wolverine had not lifted even a single claw at her. Instead he had just laid there, taking all she gave…almost as if blamed himself of how things had turned out for her.

What did she hear was the mumbling that tore forth from the exposed mouth of the man that lay below her, his lips already torn away and not yet healed from the repeated clawed punches.

“Who is she to you Logan-San?” The teenager reached down and turned the face of the man towards her just a second before she found herself moving…well, moving was an understatement. It was more like she was brushed away, almost as if she weighed as much as a feather instead of her near ninety pound weight.

“Who. Is. She?” She snarled again, picking herself up and getting ready to attack again, her claws out to full extension. “Who is she that your heart stopped at her cry?”

“K-Ki….” One hand at her mouth, Logan started towards the alleyway, only to have the young woman step in front of him.

“You won’t get to help her…you won’t be there.” Kirika did not know who that other woman was but if she meant anything to this man, let her suffer. “Just as you weren’t there for my mother.”

“Kid-d…you don’t…” Logan wheezed between breaths, his throat still not fully healed. “You don’t kno…”

“Aaaaggghh…” Ororo’s cry sounded again, with both Logan and Kirika hearing the sound preceding it, the sound of fabric being shredded, and of the underlying skin being torn along with it.


Once again Logan stepped forth and once again Kirika obstructed his path. She knew that whatever Sabertooth was doing to whoever this Ororo was, it couldn’t be good….and possibly fatal. And although she did not want to harm anyone other than Logan, she would gladly accept any sort of emotional wound to him, which it seemed Ororo’s pain seemed to be causing.

“Get out of my way girl.” -SNIKT- Logan let his claws out, having previously retracted them against Kirika. Daughter or no daughter, she wasn’t going to stop him from getting to Ororo. “I don’t wanta hurt ya.”

“Oh, that is a good one,” a cold laugh disregarded his warning. “Specially from a man who has done nothing but hurt other…deal out pain and death. What is one more corpse on the….” THUMP!!

Kirika’s sentence got cut midway as yet another female form landed over her, having leapt off the third floor balcony of the building just behind them. Although smaller, X23 had been able to gather enough momentum and force to temporary knock out the larger and almost four years older Kirika.

“Go.” She snarled at Logan. “Go. Help her.”

With barely a glance at the daughter he had never known to be still alive, Logan ran towards the alley a red haze of rage already descending upon his thoughts growing denser at the whimpers that reached his ears.

---

‘If that son of a…’ Coming around the corner his heart leapt to his throat the sight that before him.

“Creed.” Ready to ‘enjoy’ his prey, Sabertooth stop mid-step, the air in the alley falling silent as he turned around to regard his one time teammate and all time foe. “Heya runt.” He flashed his oversized yellowish fangs. “Long time no see,” he threw out resuming his advance towards Ororo, her unconscious form lying against the wall, a rather deep cut at her forehead bleeding down her face, multitude of scratches and bites covering her completely bare torso and chest.

“Get. Away. Frem. Her.”

Although he stopped, Sabertooth did not make any move to step away from Ororo. What he did was turn to face Logan completely, positioning himself so that he stood between the two mutants, making sure that for Logan to get to Ororo, he would have to got past him. ‘And that sure as hell isn’t goin’ to happen.’ “Aw runt,” he teased. “You know the deal. You get ‘em an’ I fuck ‘em. Did it to the blue bitch and to yer squaw before that.”

If Logan did not already have his claws out, they surely would have shot out at the mention of Silver Fox. Not only had Sabertooth raped her, he had also tortured her and left her for dead. Logan still remembered cradling her mutilated body and how she had died in his arms. Even as her last breath left her, it was still his name that she uttered. That is how much she had loved him.

“Though I must say,” Creed’s taunting tore him out from the past and into the present. “This new one, she seems the best yet. A virgin, huh? What happened runt, can’t get it up anymore? This is one prime piece of ass, runt. I’d like nothing better than to have a go at her myself. I imagine she’s quite a screamer, isn't she” The larger of the two, Sabertooth chuckled mirthlessly.

“Creed! Touch her again an’ I’ll rip yer fuckin’ balls off.” Logan snarled at his oldest nemesis.

Tottering the cliff of berserker rage ready to go over it, he paused at sensing someone nearby, a second before a powerful blow struck from behind him, sending him flying into the hard wall. Barely did he turn around did a kid, one harder than he had ever received connected with his knees, causing him to buckle down to the ground….only to be elbowed to the ground. The air knocked out of him, his senses momentarily disrupted, Logan let himself get kicked around, waiting for the right moment to make his move. When he did make his move, hoping to use his opponent’s momentum against, he was more than a little surprised that when he let his punch fly, his metal boned fist made contact with something almost equally hard…and from the sound of it, metallic.

“Uhn…” Both battling men stopped at the painful groan, their heads snapping towards the sound to see Ororo waking up and Sabertooth reaching down towards her. “Logan…”

“Lookeit,” Sabertooth straightened and squared his shoulders, reading himself for the fight that was going to come. The blond giant flexed his hands and allowed a smile to flit across his face. “Even now, she calls yer name. But not for long. Once she gets a taste of a real man, she won’t even remember yer cuckold name….not that I’ll leave her alive to use it.”

This was going to be like a walk in the park, especially with the beating down that the girl and the Ruskie had given to the runt. Heck, its be too easy. He wanted the Wolverine at full power, so that he could show him and his frail who was the better animal of the two.


What happened next surprised him as letting go of the shorter man, Colossus stepped away from him, leaving the path open for him to get to Sabertooth and more importantly to Ororo.

Torturing innocent people and that too women was a part of his ‘mission’ not that that Piotr would stand for it.

Seconds after he let the Wolverine go, the two ferals were rolling around the alley, clawing and punching, almost like to rabid dogs.

All Logan was seeing now was red, the red of blood, his own and Creed’s and the rage of rage…even his eyes seemingly adopting the same crimson color.

---

“LOGAN!” Fully awake, her entire body being wracked with shooting pain, Ororo screamed aloud when lifting him up Sabertooth threw the Wolverine against the dumpster, its rusted metal edge tearing into him.

Pushing herself up, a rather difficult proposition given the incessant rain that had started due to her emotional and physical state, she was about to start towards him when a pair of arms reached down to not only steady her but also hold her back, not in the restraining kind of way that Sabertooth had done but more in a supportive manner.

Standing up and shaking himself to get rid of the excess water, Logan, using the added height of the dumpster launched himself off it, plunging his claws into the bigger man’s chest, the Adamantium slicing clean through not only the ribcage, but also the underlying soft lungs and heart, slicing the pumping organ into three neat pieces, both men falling onto the ground with Logan and his claws not letting go of monster for even a second.

The Wolverine reveled in the squishing sound of his opponent’s blood and internal organs, the claws slicing away to literally gouge all of Sabertooth from within him…wanting to make him pay for all his words and actions towards Ororo. Logan would fight and kill anyone to keep her safe…and for someone like Creed, a fucker that he’d readily kill any and every time, it would be a shame to leave him to live another day. Not after all he had taken from her.

---

Nearly about to lose himself, even the Wolverine although missing the newcomers standing at the far side of the alley, stopped at the fearful cry from Ororo. “LOGAN!”

The sheer fear in her voice tore through the Wolverine’s haze, causing him to pause, and glance at her, his rage flaring at, this time at the metal giant holding her…until he realized that unlike Sabertooth earlier, this metal man was not holding Ororo back but holding her up. He was helping her.

Along with that he also noticed all the three men walking towards him, instantly recognizing the dark, over his eye form of the one leading them.

With barely a glance at Sabertooth’s mangled remains, Logan stepped over him, his claws retracting, the telltale -snikt- muffled by the blood and gore sliding past them. Reaching the duo, he near about grabbed Ororo from the stranger, tempering himself at the last moment at her physical state.

Disregarding his own battered state, he lifted her up in his arms, carefully tucking her face to his neck, using the tattered remains of his jacket and shirt to temporarily stop the bleeding.

Only did then did he turn to the Colonel.

“What’dya want Fury?”

---

Hours later,

Freshly bathed, her wounds dressed Ororo had busied herself by playing with the deck of cards they’d bought at the gas station at their last stop before Montreal.

Even though she had said barely a word the entire time that Fury man and his subordinates were here, she knew everything…almost everything.

It had turned out that the man who had helped her while Logan fought against that Sabertooth, he wasn’t a bad guy but had been a ‘plant’, working undercover with the Brotherhood to pay off whatever Fury had over him.

Thankfully enough, well, thanks to Logan, Piotr, ‘odd name’ was no longer with Fury or for that matter with the Brotherhood. Whatever had gone down between Fury and Logan, the details she did not know but it had worked out in Piotr’s favor, not to mention that strange girl who had attacked them.

Kirika Yashida. It was Piotr who told that name to her. He also told her that it was Magneto who had put the metal on her previously bone claws. What he hadn’t been able to tell her was who she was and why she hated Logan so much.

And then there was the matter of the second clawed girl, the one that they had been after in the first place. Not only had she taken down the larger Kirika, she had also managed to break her bones, an injury that Logan had inferred came from having bring dropped from an appreciable height. And what was that smell that Kirika had on when they finally found her…or to be exact, her crumpled unconscious form.

All those thoughts and questions fled as soon as Logan stepped into their room and settled besides her on the bed. With Piotr in the second room as was a still unconscious and recovering Kirika, Ororo and Logan were going to have to share this one.

--

As for Logan, as soon as he sat on the bed, he noticed Ororo gather and put away her cards. Not only that, she also, crawled over to his side.

Raising an eyebrow at her actions and about to question her wellbeing, Logan stopped short at what she did next.

Grabbing his shoulder for support, Ororo not only drew closer into his personal space, she down right climbed onto him, lifting and wrapping his arms around her, her legs doing the same around his waist.

Though there was nothing new about this, for during her ‘recovery’ Logan himself had used this to both placate her and give her a sense of safety…especially after one of her nightmares. What was new was how she was nuzzling against him, rubbing her nose and lips along the curves of his throat. It was almost as if along with gaining a sense of safety from him, she was also trying to get him to relax…something given her scantly dressed state was working opposite for Logan.

Tensing up, Logan parted his lips wanting to draw away…only to stop once again, this time due to Ororo’s going limp in his embrace. She’d fallen asleep…but not before whispered those four words that would keep Logan up the entire night.

“Thank you….Love you.”


Note: Whew. Finally got this chapter done. How long has it been since my last update…but then again, this is one stretched out fic. Thanks to everyone who’s been after me to get my butt in order and not let this story slide away. Roxxi, Steph, tamazi, sinisterkamui, Mandy19, CeeCee, Vaberella, henred5, saucy_duck and everyone else.

Hope you liked it…and also hope that the next update won’t be as delayed as this one.

BTW, if thesuppernugget is reading this, have posted the Romy and Gambit pics you requested on my site. (Got new albums for both of them. In the Marvel sub-section of the Gallery) Hope you like ‘em and will do more as and when I get ‘em ready. (www.xcave.net)

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.