Disclaimer: Don't own any of the x-men character in any of the different Marvel universes (Cartoon, Comic or Movie). All owned and copyrighted by Marvel Comics.

Author’s Note: Thanks for all the feedback. Its been a great help in deciding on the character and their placement.

Reviews are always requested and welcomed.

Spoilers: Ultimate X-Men #42


** ** indicates telepathic communication
‘ ’ indicates thought
“ ” indicates spoken words


New Orleans, Louisiana,

After the *commanding* failure with the mysterious and charming Remy Lebeau, the X-Men retired to their hotel rooms, which the Professor had reserved for them. Usually their missions did not warrant such a situation and the change was welcomed by one and all.

“Whoo-Hoo,” Bobby yelled out as he jumped into the king size bed of the room he was sharing with Sam. “This is the life. World saving missions, a five star hotel with babes ‘round the corner and a kick ass rock concert. Can life get any better?”

Taking the question seriously, the soft spoken Cannonball answered sicerely. “A home cooked meal, made by mah mama, with the whole family sitting at the….”

“Sammy m’ man,” the self-proclaimed *hip* Iceman cut him off mid-sentence. “It was a hypothetical question. You know, like do bears shit in woods? Like that.”

“Wheah else do they….” Sam started again, only to have Bobby slap his own forehead.

“Man, I need to get you down with the…I mean you need learn how to speak city talk,” the younger teenager tried once again.

“Why? Is theah somethin’ wrong with mah way of talkin’?”

“Uuuugghhhh…”

-----

In the next room, Warren and Scott were getting settled themselves. Although Scott would have liked to share a room with Jean, he couldn’t on account of Psylocke. With Kitty *bunking* with Ororo, that would have left Warren and Betsy. So they had decided on an all boys and an all girls system. In the room across them were Jean and Betsy, while Ororo and Kitty’s room was the one in front of Bobby and Sam’s.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Scott asked of Warren who had just emerged from the bathroom, freshly bathed and rubbing the excess water from his hair.

“Yes,” Warren answered, the tone of his voice clearing showing the private and grooming schools he was sure to have attended as a Worthington. “Rock is not my kind of music. I’ll stay with Storm and Cannonball. We can keep an aerial lookout while you finagle the deal.”

“Ororo will be there, but I am afraid you will not have Sam.” Scott informed, his eyes not leaving the TV as he cycled through the various channels. “Nothing interesting. All you have are soap operas. That’s more Jean’s territory.”

“Why? Why not Sam?” Warren inquired as he pulled up his trousers. “He is able to fly. It would be helpful.”

“Yeah, but Bobby seemed to have taken him under his *wing*,” Scott grinned at the prospect of the younger boy tutoring the older one. “So, they, along with Kitty are definitely in for the concert. Ororo declined because she doesn’t like large gatherings and loud noises.”

“What’s with Ororo? I remember the first time I had met her. She wasn’t so…”

“Closed,” Scott supplied.

“No,” the blond haired billionaire mutant shook his head. “So-so private. What happened to her? I have been here for six months and I have noticed that she is the changed…a lot.”

“She is not the Ororo you remember Warren,” Scott sighed as he let the remote fall on the sofa. “…she is not even the Ororo I remember.”

“What happened Scott?” Warren settled down beside him. “Did some….”

“Its not for me to answer,” Scott cut him off. “We don’t talk about it and I’d rather that even you don’t. No one knows the whole truth...not even the Professor.”

“Oh!”

------

In Jean and Betsy’s room, the two telepaths were busy among themselves, their common power and their near about same age giving them a lot to talk about.

“So, how do you know the Professor?” Jean asked enthusiastically. She had noticed the familiarity that the *new* entrant shared with Charles Xavier and given the nature of her powers and her flirtatious behavior with Scott, she felt slightly unnerved.

“Don’t worry luv’, I am not going to take either your place or you boy-toy,” Betsy answered easily.

“You READ my thoughts,” Jean exclaimed as she clamped down her mental shields.

“No luv’,” the purple haired Braddock winked at her. “You have been projecting ever since you saw me with the Professor and then with Scott. Rest assured, I'm not the enemy here. I may *test* him out, have some fun, but he is all yours. I like my men with a certain flair. You are welcome to keep your Mr. Tight ass, and by that I mean a *nice* tight ass.”

“Gee thanks,” Jean replied sarcastically as a grin broke over her face. “It IS a nice ass.”

“So, how’s it to ride?” that question just threw Jean off. “Oh you Americans, you are too wound up for your own good. Let your hair down, have some fun. You only live once.”

“Are you always like this?” the redhead asked incredulously.

“Nah,” Betsy threw over her shoulder as she held up as she modeled her *outfit* for the evening. “Sometimes I really let it all hang out.”

“I don’t even want to know about that.”

------

On the other side of the common wall,

“Do you think this will look good Ms. Monroe?” Kitty peered at the mirror, her eyes on the reflection of her teammate.

“You look very pretty Kitten,” Ororo smiled serenely. “And you can call me Ororo. We are not in class. We are here as teammates, not as student and teacher.”

“Alright Ms….I mean alright Ororo,” the young girl blushed pink. “So, this is good huh. How do you think I should wear my hair? I want something stylish, yet modern. Like the one you had last month for the Professor’s fundraiser.”

“I don’ think that style will quite sit well here,” Ororo answered, continuing at the sad expression on the teenager’s face. “However, there is something else we can try. If you are interested?”

“Oh yes ma….I mean, yes Ororo,” Kitty corrected herself once again. “Would you please?”

Setting down the magazine she had been flipping through, Ororo came and stood behind the almost half a feet shorter Shadowcat.

“Now lets see what can we do that will make you look….*Hot*.”

-----

Half way around the world, in Japan,

*Trrring Trrring*

A young woman waited as the placed a call over a secure line.

“Yeah darlin’,” the gruff voice belonging to the elusive Wolverine, answered moments later. “How are ya doin’?”

“Fine daddieee,” the young woman shot back, knowing how her father cringed at that elongated name. “Got news from New Orleans.”

“Yeah,” even through the gravelly tone, his concern and interest was clear to the experienced ears of his daughter. “Gumbo?”

“Who else?” the girl’s accented voice grew serious. “The X-Men were around asking questions. They are looking for you.”

“Let them,” Wolverine answered offhandedly. “I give a shit what those fuckers think. Let them prance around in their S&M uniforms. Saving the world. Load of horse shit.”

“Daaaaaddd.”

“Sorry kiddo,” Wolverine apologized. “Got carried away there. Let them look.”

“What if they find you? What will you do then? How will you…..”

“I don’t gotta explain shit to anyone,” her father cut her off.

There was a silence over the lines as the daughter heard her father take deep breaths to get temper under control.

“You don’t worry yerself darlin’. I’ll see to them,” he finally spoke, his voice much calmer now. “You take care of yerself and yer sister…and tell that freaky one to stay alive.”

“Oh Yukio, she is not even here. Just upped and disappeared three days ago. Me thinks she is heading your way.”

“Oh shit.”

-----

Back in New Orleans,

It was around eight in the evening that the X-Men collected in the hotel lobby and proceeded to the in hotel restaurant.

Jean spoke first. It seemed that the Professor had detected yet another mutant who be performing at the concert. He had informed them that while they were there, they should try to contact her too.

“So we have two chicks for the prize of one,” the words barely left Bobby’s mouth that he received a swift whack upside the head from the redhead. “HEY!!”

“Its no wonder that you don’t have a girlfriend with that attitude,” Jean admonished him jokingly.

“Chicks?” Sam asked confusedly.

“Let the boy have some fun Jean,” Betsy shot back and winked at Bobby, causing him to turn a bright crimson, the curves of his ears frosting over.

“Lets go through it once again. Storm and Angel will remain outside the stadium as lookouts. Iceman, Cannonball and Psylocke will do the same inside. Marvel Girl, Shadowcat and myself, we will contact the singers.”

“Hmm, why don’t I go with you handsome?” Betsy interjected. “And let Jeannie here, enjoy the concert and have a gala, while we have ours.”

**What do you think you are doing?** Jean shot telepathically.

**Just pushing your buttons luv** came the reply. **Yours and his**

“We will follow the plan and that’s IT,” Jean spoke aloud, thumping the table for forcefulness.

“And they call us the kids,” Bobby whispered to Kitty.

“Did you have something to say, Iceman,” Scott’s bark shook him.

“Nothing sir, Cyclops sir,” another salute answered his question. “Just one thing sir.”

“Drop the sir Bobby and ask the damned question.”

Had it been any other time, Bobby would surely have made a comment at the use of a slang word by ol’ fearless.

“What is the name of the second singer *we* are to contact?”

“Her real name is Alison Blaire, but nowadays she goes by the name *Dazzler*.”

-----

Back in New York,

“Yes,” a female voice answered the phone on the second ring.
“Its me,” came the answer from the other side.

“Hmm, me?” the woman feigned ignorance as she twirled her patent weapon, the three pronged weapon known as a *sai*.
“Me,” the man stressed again. “Logan…Wolverine. Man Elektra, did you hit yer head or somethin’?”

“She’s not here Logan,” Elektra Natchios, one of the world’s most dangerous assassins answered the unspoken question.

“Where is she?” Logan barked instantly. “How is she?”

“She’s fine…..must be out prowling somewhere?”
“Well get hold o’ her. I need some work done…..tonight.”

“Work?” Elektra’s eyes narrowed with suspicion. “What kind of work?”

“It ain’t offing anyone,” Logan clarified. “Just some show.”

“Go on.”

“There is this school….” Wolverine started explaining his plan.

-----

At the concert in New Orleans,

“EAT MY #$%! YOU #$%&@ #$%’&%$!!!” the singer known as Dazzler screamed into the mike, sweat powering down her face.

The three X-Men looked on in shock as the rowdy crowd urged her on, going wild as she exercised her power and released an energy flare, which everyone took as a part of the special effects.

“The Professor wants us to contact HER,” Jean finally blurted out, lifting a hand to close the gaping mouth of her boyfriend and team leader.

“I like ‘em.” Exclaimed Shadowcat, her words taking both Jean and Scott by surprise, who in their wildest dreams wouldn’t have imagined the shy Kitty listening to something that even caused them to blush pink.

Minutes later that song ended and the other and *main* singer returned from her break.

“That is our first target,” Cyclops said as he gestured towards the back entrance. “Come, lets go. The back door is usually open in such places. We should be able to get in from there.”

“Or, I can just *phase* us through,” Kitty offered, her body still humming from the tune and energy of the previous song.

-----

Back in New York,

A figure prowled the grounds of the Charles Xavier School for the Gifted, having climbed an almost vertical cliff to enter undetected by any of the surveillance cameras spread all over the outsides of the huge X-Mansion and its grounds.

Dressed in all black, it easily *dissolved* in the nighttime shadows and with a stealth rivaling that of a tiger or lion on the hunt, it stalked its targets.

The mansion shrouded in darkness was completely silent, except for a single light from what was the personal suite of the headmaster of the school and one of the most powerful telepaths on the earth, Charles Xavier.

Eyes stuck at the window, the intruder waited for it to shut off and only did then did it make its move.

The mission parameters were simple. Deliver a written *message* to the x-men….and enjoy yourself while doing it.

“This is fun,” the low growl was lost in the winds.

*SNIKT*

------

New Orleans,

“Are you sure we cannot interest you in joining us?” Jean asked for a third time as he waited for Lila to change into normal clothes. The rest of her troupe had already left and Lila was getting to do the same.

“Yes,” the now familiar British accent didn’t confuse Jean. “I am happy the way I am. I’ve completed all the studying I wanted to do and now ‘m living my life.”

“Our school is no only for normal education purposes, but also to help mutants like us to learn proper control of our *gifts*,” emphasized Jean.

“Control,” Lila stepped out of the changing room. “Where do you want to go luv. I can take you there….anywhere in the galaxy.”

“Anywhere in the galaxy?”

“Yes,” Lila smiled pleasantly, no hint of pride in her tone or in her behavior. “Want to give it a try?”

“No, maybe some other time,” the telepath declined easily, having sensed the confidence in the teleporting mutant. “However, it would be a great favor if you could just visit our school once and meet Professor Xavier.”

Finding no harm in that request, Lila finally relented.

“Just tell me the time and place, and I will be there.”

-----

Somewhat satisfied with the result, Jean joined a sullen Cyclops at their designated meeting point. The other x-men, including Angel and Storm were also already there.

“What happened?” She gestured towards Scott. “Why the long face? Did she refuse too?”

“So, Lila Cheney also refused,” Psylocke’s words carried a statement, rather than a question.

“Yes,” Jean nodded. “But she did agree to meet the Professor. She will be coming over next week. What happened with Dazzler?”

“She spat for an autograph,” Kitty answered for Scott. “And then she gave Scott the, uh….”

“Gave him the middle finger,” Bobby supplied readily. “Flipped him the bird, showed…..”

“Thank you Robert,” Ororo silenced him. “Jean got the idea.”

------

“So what do we….” Jean started.

**Jean** Xavier’s voice echoed in her mind.

**Yes Professor** she replied as she let the others know about the *talk* she was having.

“Oh god,” she exclaimed seconds later.

“What happened Jean?’ Scott caught her as she stumbled back.

“We need to get back,” she gasped as she steadied herself. “We need to get back, NOW.”

“There has been attack on the mansion.”


Note: New character introduced and their descriptions. (In order of mention/appearance)

Yukio: Taken from main timeline i.e. Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine comic series. Not a major player as yet. May become in the future. (Age: Late twenties to early thirties)

Lila Cheney: Mixture of Uncanny X-Men and X-Treme X-Men, albeit a bit younger (Age: late teens to early twenties)

Dazzler: Will be a mixture of both Ultimate and Uncanny-verses. Same age group as Lila Cheney. However, while Lila is an established name, Alison Blaire is just starting out in the rock world. (Age: late teens to early twenties)

Elektra: Taken from normal time line as the Ultimate Elektra is too young to work here and I haven’t seen the movie one. Most of my knowledge comes from her appearance in the Wolverine comic series.

Please don’t forget to Review!!





You must login () to review.