August 29, 2003

“Logan where the hell have you been, we’ve been waiting for you for over an hour!”
“Had something ta take care of, slim.”
“Couldn’t it have waited.”
Logan smiled. “Nope.”
“Finally, mon aimie! Let us start dis party!” A tall, brown haired man, with unusual red on black eyes, hooked an arm around Logan’s shoulders and stirred him away from the frowning Scott.
They forgo the ordinary route for a Bachelor party by not going to a strip club or escort service to watch throng clad dancers slid on metal poles. The groom decided such places were part of his womanizing, flirteous past and did not hold a place at the start of his future. Instead they opted for rounds of beer, play pool, cards and a fight or two at Harry’s Bar. Providing, Scott as the best man did not rain on their parade; they planned on being there til the early hours of the morning. Then leave for a couple hours of sleep before the late afternoon nuptials.
Being a Saturday, the place was crowded, tables were all taken, and the bar stools over flowing. Scott caught the attention of the burly bartender and he pointed towards the back corner table being cleared for them. They skirted around idle groups, clad in tee shirts and jeans, others milled around smoking cigarettes or talking loudly about the lack of or abundance of passing female patrons. A few spoke of sport, cars uses of guns and the mutant issue. Xavier and his group received sly looks with open invitations, suspicious glares, and blatant hostility when they spotted Kurt, and Remy. They kept moving, following the path opened up for the professor to wheel through.
“What can I get you guys,” a slender woman, with blonde hair, asked around the snapping of green gum in her mouth.
Scott ordered several pitchers of beer and asked that they keep coming. He handed her several folded bills. She returned with not only the beers but also several laden trays of food.
“Compliments of the management.” She said with a wink. They waited until she sashayed away before Scott turned to Bobby Drake.
“Okay Bobby, Logan’s here now, tell us about what you saw back at the mansion.” Bobby puffed himself up and took a drink before telling them about the earlier scene with the women.
“I can’t believe this! My wife drunk! Scott mumbled incredulously. “Professor should we have left them alone in that kind of condition?”
“I am certain they will be fine, Scott. But just in case I am maintaining a close eye on things.”
“I’d pay ta see, Stormy smashed, like that.” Grinned Remy.
“Yeah, well yea not Cajun. You should be praying, she never really loses that kinda control.”
“Ya! It vad be catastrophic!” said the blue furred elf. They silently pondered the ramifications of something like that ever happening. Logan took the time to pull out a small black box from the inside pocket of his leather jacket, looked at it one more time, snapped it shut and handed it to Scott.
“Loss this and I’ll carve you a new asshole.”
Scott accepted the ring and securely jammed it into his jeans.
“Always the charmer huh, Logan?” For an answer, Logan shot him the bird with a grin.
“I guess I should give you some pointers on marriage.”
Logan burst out laughing. “I don’t think so Cyke. I doubt you can tell me anything I don’t already know.”
“You never know. Logan. If I’d known a year ago half the things I know now, the first two years of my marriage would have gone a lot smoother.”
Logan pulled out a thick cigar, light it and took a deep drag. He blew the smoke towards Scotts face, and then he reached for his half empty glass and finished it. What the hell, he was marrying the most beautiful, smart sexy woman he knew; he could afford to be generous to the Boy Scout.
“kay, shot.”
Scott nodded. “ First, never go to bed mad at each other. No secrets, especially one’s that will come back to bite you in the ass”
“Ya.” Agreed Kurt. “That’s a good one.”
Remy leaned down the table. “Make her feel happy wit flowers and pretty words of amour.”
“Now that’s key…….anyone got a pen? I want to write all this down.” Bobby chimed in.
“If you don’t know it by now Popsicle, you never will.” Laughed Logan.
“Don’t forget as long as she wants sex, no matter how tired you are, give it to her!”
“And plenty of it!” they all laughed.
“No matter vat, mein friend she es always vright!” they all nodded in agreement.
Bobby bounces in his seat. “I got one! Never truthfully answer the ‘Am I fat question’ unless you want to be sleeping alone.”
“Very true.” Scott said. “And boy did I learn that one the hard way!” They smiled in sympathy at him. Professor Xavier cleared his throat and looked around the table. His eyes landed on Logan, not as the professor or founder, mentor of the school but as a father making sure his daughters intended was an acceptable choice.
“Simply put, Logan to have a successful and lasting relationship, just remember to treat our goddess with plenty of respect and lots of love. You’ll never go wrong.”
“You never have to worry about that, Chuck. I love her and will do whatever it takes to make her never regret her choice.” Satisfy at the honesty he saw on the other mans face Xavier, patted him on the shoulder.
“That is all I can ask, Logan.”
A tall willowy brunette with high thrust breasts, rounded ass beneath a black leather skirt several sizes to small, appeared at Logan’s shoulder. She bent down to his ear, drowning his senses with cheap flowery perfume and whispered something. Logan ignored the interested eyes of his friends and moved his arm away from her obvious attempt at brushing her tits against him. She finally stood up, rolled her tongue suggestively across red lips in a move meant to include all of them.
“We’re not interested.” He took a sip of beer and kept his eyes from straying to the long legs, tight mini, halter top and openly sultry eyes.
“Mon aime, dat no way to talk to a beauty such as dis.” Remy stood from his seat and walked around to stand inches from the brunette. His eyes pointed staring at her lips. “dis man is spoken for petit, but come dis way and I’ll be happy to give you my undivided attention.”
The Cajun grinned boyishly and slipped his arm around her waist. She slid a final glance at Logan, and then smiled up at Remy.
“Come cheri. Let us find a better place to get acquainted.”
“You better watch yourself Cajun or Rogue will cut that tongue of yours off and feed it to ya!”
“What! I be only helping a lady in distress.” He said with a wink as they walked away.
The professor seemed appalled, but held his tongue. Logan watched the man and grinned to himself. He knew it was taking a lot of effort for the professor to be here and he appreciated, but he figured an hour of this was more then enough for a cultured stuff shirt like Chuck.
“I must agree with you, Logan. But only about me being out of my element here.” Xavier smiled at him. Knowing how much he hated having his thoughts invaded.
“Fine. Robert and the elf can see you home.”
“I’ll see you all back at the mansion.” He wheeled himself away, followed by the two disappointed Xmen.
They had not left but a few minutes before Logan thought he saw Jeannie enter. When her eyes met his she smiled then left. He looked over at the others playing dart games and pool to see if anyone had seen what he did but they were all deep in their games. He pushed back his chair and made his way to where he’d seen Red.
She was waiting for him outside in a darken corner of the parking lot. Several other people were standing around but none paid attention to them. She followed his approach, walked with a sexy sway of her hips over to his bike, and leaned against it. One leg thrust in front in a pose meant to draw the eye to her high riding dress and wide expanse of exposed skin. Her upper body was half in shadow casted by the parking light but he had no doubt of whom it was. His senses were on full alert, wondering what she was doing there in a dress that was asking for trouble.
“What are you doing here.” He asked her.
“Waiting for you.” She whispered in a husky voice. She wanted him to move closer, until they were inches apart but needed him to be the one to close the distance.
“Shouldn’t you be looking for your husband?” he growled getting a sick feeling in his gut.
“I’ve found what I wanted right here, with you.” Purred from her lips.
“What’s that, Red?”
“This.” Rapidly she closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around his neck, pasted her lips to his. She rubbed her chest against him seductively as her lips moved over his in a demanding, greedy need in hopes of prying open his clinched teeth. Her hands started roaming across his body down to the front of his jeans, trying to coax a reaction. She moaned and before he could pull her hands away had his zipper down and his soft cock out in the night air. At first, Logan made no move to touch her, or stop her. He wanted to see how far she would go, how much she would be willing to risk. This wasn’t his first time getting ‘seduced’ by her. Right before they’d gone to rescue Chuck and the kids four years ago, at Alkali, right before her supposed death she had come to him. And for a brief moment he had thought his fantasies were coming true. Only for a moment.
He was wiser now, only consumed with one scent, one face, one desire for the only woman who had ever seen him for what he was. A lonely man in search of a place to belong. He would not now or ever betray her, with pathetic attempts like this one. He tensed his body to a hard ban of unmovable steel when she stopped kissing him and headed south. He shoved her away and stuffed himself back and pulled his zipper back up with a snap. She shrieked in momentary outraged.
“What the hell did you do that for!”
Logan crossed his massive arms across his chest and smirked at her.
“Did you really think you could fool me again…….Mystic?”
Her eyes flashed with surprise at him, her hands shook with suppressed. She lipped out at her lips and tried to look affronted.
“What! Are you crazy, Logan? It’s me Jean.”
“Give it up, nose remember.” Anger crept up to her cheek. He looked steady at her, his eyes unreadable, but alert. Waiting for her next move.
“You kissed me back!”
Logan laughed. “Not from where I’m standing. You did all the kissing, I just stood there.”
“You’re a liar! You can deny that but you can’t deny the evidence of your erection or the desire showing in your eyes. You want me.” ‘Jean’ smiled triumphantly at him.
“In your dreams. Are you gonna tell me what you want or do I have ta rip it outta ya.” He moved threateningly towards her, his face covered with grim purpose. She stumbled in her backwards rush to get away.
“What’s your hurry, darling? A minute ago you were all over me.”
“It was a test! I wanted to see if you were really over her!”
“What’s it ta ya?”
“I I …know you don’t really love that white haired bitch. I wanted to remind you of your other options!” she cried fearfully when he had her against a car and nowhere to go.
“And how’d ya figure that?” he murmured in a deceptively calm voice.
She eyed him and smiled saucily at him. “You wouldn’t have turned to me when your precious Jean had died.”
Logan’s eyes hardened. He bared his teeth with disgust at himself and her. “That was a mistake, one I don’t plan on making again!” She stared at him and signed, looked away from his angry features. Six months they had been lovers. Six months of the best times of her life. He had come to her wounded and needing to forget and she had wanted to see if the attraction she had felt in the tent at the river had been only on her part. It had not. For him it was only sex, but for her it had grown into something else. When he’d turned left her bed to turn to Storm, she’d sworn to get him back. She refused to let him marry her. Not while she’d secretly had his child!
Even if it cost her, her life she had to try whatever she could. This child would know it’s father. She allowed herself to morph into Ororo.
“What do you think Storm would do if she knew about us? Do you think she would still have my cast off?” Swifted and feral he had her pinned against the car. His hand bit into her shoulders, while the other wrapped around her throat.
“Don’t even try it! You go any where near, her and I’ll hunt you down.” He grounded out. His claws itching to come out. Reflect, he sniffed her and sensed her holding something back. What were you up to, Mystic? If you wouldn’t tell him then he’ll ring it outta of her!
Twin crimson spots splashed across ‘Ro’s’ face and fear shadowed her eyes. Her features slowly disappeared to be replaced by blue skin, red hair and yellow demonic eyes.
“You could never be half the woman Storm is.” He let her go. “You mean nothing to me, what happened between us should never have happened. It was a long time ago.”
Mystic rubbed at her throat and glared at him. “Maybe. But it’s not over for us, Wolverine. It will never be over for us!” she threatened pitifully. He made to grab her again but she was ready for him. Mystic slammed her knees into his groin area. As he doubled over she grabbed his shoulders and kneed him again, sending him flying backwards. Within seconds the pain was gone and Logan was back on his feet, his claws unsheathed. Mystic was nowhere to be found but he knew she was still around.
“Stay the fuck away from me!” he shouted. His claws retracted and angrily he started back to the bar. He paused. “Remember what I said Mystic, if I so much as smell ya anywhere near the mansion or Storm, I swear I’ll kill ya and this time I’ll make sure you’re dead!”
He didn’t turn back around, but he knew she got the message. Mystic, hiding behind a Ford Expedition, slid down to the ground convulsed into tears.
“Damn you, Logan! I’ll make you pay for this.” She vowed.


“Ro?”
Logan knocked softly at her locked door and hoped she wasn’t too far-gone. He’d left her and all of them passed out in the Rec room, but on his search for her he’d discovered her and Jeannie gone. He needed to talk to her, to hear her voice. Damn tradition!
“Ororo!”
“Logan?” What are you doing here? You know it’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding! Go away.”
“Jeannie, I need to see her just for a few minutes. Ro and me don’t believe in all that superstitious crap. We make our own luck! Ororo!” he almost shouted when the door remained firmly shut.
“SSSSShhhhhhh! You’ll wake everybody up, Logan!”
“Logan?”
“Ro go back to bed. You need your sleep.”
“I am fine. I must speak to him, Jean”
Jean signed. “Fine. But don’t blame me if you walk down the aisle with bags under your eyes!”
She slid Ororo’s door open a crack and peered at the impatient man on the other side. “Sit close to the door, but don’t even try to look in! You too Ro. No way we’re throwing tradition away.” She heard Logan grumbling but followed her instructions. So did Ororo. Satisfied, Jean went back to her cot across the room.
“Why isn’t Jeanie in her own room?” Logan growled still angry over his run in with Mystic.
Ororo giggled.” To keep you away and my virtue intact until the ceremony.”
“She sure makes a good guard dog!” he grumbled
“Logan….!” Ro admonished, trying to hold back another giggle. “ She might hear you.”
“We wouldn’t want that!”
“No. What is it Logan? I know you did not come here to grip about Jean.”
“No darling, I just needed to see ya, we’ve barely spoken two words together since our wedding announcement.’
“After tomorrow, we shall have a life time together.”
“Are you sure, this what you want, Ro?” He asked above a whisper. She froze. Fear clawed at her stomach. Oh goddess, was he going to call it off? Like forge did his proposal.
“Wh-what?” she stammered nervously.
“Being my wife, is it what you want?” He could smell her fear, her rising panic but he needed to hear the words cross her lips. She forced a laugh around the growing ach and tightening of her stomach muscles.
“Why Logan? Have you changed your mind?”
he closed his eyes. Her question knifing through him. “Of course not! I love you Ro! You have to know that.”
A sign of release escaped her. “I love you too, Logan. And yes, this is what I want.”
“I’m asking cause I need you to be sure. I wanna know that somewhere down the line you’ll never regret becoming my wife.” Where was this coming from thought Ororo, a bit worried?
“That will never happen. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, by your side, raising your babies and protecting their futures. I’ve waited so long for you, my love that I could not bare even the thought of you not being a part of my life. If for any reasons you’re having doubts, tomorrow doesn’t need to happen. We could go on as we are.”
“What are you saying, darling”
“As long as I have you in my life, my friend, my lover, my partner, my soul mate, I will be happy.”
Logan reached a hand around the cracked door and she took it.
“You are mine, Ororo and I want all our friends, family and even the world to know it! I wanna marry you.”
Ororo signed and closed her eyes at the well of happiness in her chest. Goddess, how was it possible to be so happy? At that moment she wanted more then anything to show him how much she loved him in return but settled instead to squeezing his hand. He held it tightly. He didn’t know what the future held but they would face it together.
A few hours later, Jean woke up to find them soundly sleeping on the floor, door still between them and hands clasped together.





You must login () to review.