“We have something old.”
“Ro’s eyes and garter for something blue.”
“Something borrowed.”
“And here’s something new.” Rogue, looking stunning in a floor length, royal blue gown of shimmering satin, it’s tight bodice emphasizing her small waist, handed Ororo a black jewelry case from one of the most expensive jewelers in New York. At the questioning arch of her brows, Rogue urged her to open it.
“You’ll understand once you open it.”
With trembling, French manicured nails, Ororo eased the box open and gasped out loud. Nestled in it was a brilliant diamond tennis bracelet that sparkled up at her. The five pairs of eyes of her attendants fought to look over her shoulder.
“Oh my goodness! I knew it was big but not that big”
“How will she ever get off the ground with that thing!” teased Jean.
“Wow Ro! You’ll need a personal bodyguard just to leave the mansion.”
“Good thing she has one, with a bad attitude and six shiny claws!” Cecilia added. They all laughed.
“Wolvie is sooooooo romantic! Isn’t he the greatest.” Jubilee, also dressed in her bridesmaids dress, dared any of them to deny it. Ororo laughed, then removed the bracelet and had Jean clasp it to her wrist. A folded paper remained in the box. Smiling she unfolded it to reveal Logan’s bold writing.
~You’re my heart,
My love,
My soul mate
-Logan~
Goddess, the love she had for this man! His gentleness, kindness and fierceness was overwhelming. Every day of the time they’ve been dating he found some way to bring down her defenses even more. Now she was almost bare before him. Not knowing what he would do next but she looked forward to spending the rest of her life founding out.
“Ro you okay?” Jean whispered standing back from a last push of hold spray to her red locks. Ororo hastily folded the paperback and place a watery smile to her lips.
“How can I not be, dear friend. I am about to wed the man of my dreams, surrounded by my family.”
“Oh Ro, I’m so happy for you.” Careful not to mess up their perfectly applied make-up and styled hair, the two women embraced as tears threatened to flow.
“Thank you, my sister. For everything.” Jean smiled and mumbled something about checking on things and disappeared.
To keep the emotionally charged moment from wrecking havoc with the perfect weather, Ororo smoothed down the designer creation made especially for her. The sleeveless, ivory gown was overlaid with fine transparent Egyptian silk and hand-sewn beads that caught the light. Yards and yards of additional silk cascaded at her feet and ended with a moderate train at the back. Its simple Grecian style emphasized her curves, highlighted her quiet sensuality and gave her a surreal quality. Her was hair upswept and anchored by an antique, and exquisite tiara of diamonds and pearls. Her throat and ears also glittered in diamonds. An air of regality surrounded her and made her appear the goddess she had always been known to be.
“You look amazing, Ro.” Rogue said, coming to stand behind her.
Ororo smiled and gave her hand a gentle pat. “So do you.” Sara standing apart from the group of women putting the finishing touches to their hair and makeup, had to agree. The windrider did look stunning. She glanced down at her own dress and fingered the soft satin. She felt pretty too, despite the bones. What would the Morlocks think of her now? Would they understand her being part of the windriders’ union? It still bothered Sara, the real reason she was asked. She did not want to let go of the past. Even if she was now an xmen.
“Is this a private party or can anyone join?”
Ororo turned around towards the attic door. “Kitty! You made it.” She cried at the sight of the young girl that was more like a daughter then a friend. Kitty ran into her open arms.
“I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” She murmured. Ro pulled slightly back and looked into her eyes.
“I am so glad you are here, but are you certain, you will be alright.”
Kathryn Pride-Wisdom looked away from the compassion staring back at her and held back the need to lean back and cry. She had only recently lost her new husband of only three months and had left them in order to grieve alone. She had to admit it was good to be home again among people who felt her pain. Especially Ororo. She had loved Peter almost as much as Kitty did, but no one not even her friend and surrogate mother could fill the hole in her heart that had been there since she’d lost him. This was her own personal grief to deal with. For now she would bury it in order to celebrate with her family.
Kitty nodded, traces of sadness marring her brown eyes. “I will be. Peter would have wanted me here.”
“I will understand if you do not want to be part of the bridal party.” Ororo persisted.
Kitty smiled at her. “I am already dressed and I’ve hoped for a long time to see you and Logan get your act together. I need to be a part of this.” Ro embraced her.
“Thank you.”
“It’s time ladies.” Jean briskly urged, levitating a big box. She handed each of them hand tied bouquets of blue hydrangeas. Flowers in hand, Rogue, Elizabeth, Cecilia, Sara, and Kitty filed ahead while Jean helped the bride. They managed to get down the long ribbon decorated stairway without mishap and remained in the darken foyer. Charles Xavier in black Armani suit, white shirt, royal blue tie and white rose boutonniere of the grooms men, beamed up at her.
“Logan is a very lucky man.”
“So am I.”
~No father could have had a better person for a daughter~ choked through her mind.
~And a daughter could not have had a better father and mentor. If not for you, I do not know what would have become of me. You saved me. ~
~You would have survived. ~
~Yes, but survival without love and guidance is as good as being dead. You gave me hope and made me see that I have a purpose in this life. I can never repay you for that. ~
~You have. Time and time. With your compassion, strength and devotion to the Xmen and our family. I love you, daughter of my heart. ~
~I love you too, father. ~
Tears glistened in her eyes and she bit down on her lower lip to hold them back. She concentrated on the sound of the small orchestra playing Michael Bolton’s ‘This River’ and watching the women; one at a time preceded her outside until only herself and the professor remained.
“Ready” he whispered blinking back moisture.
“All my life”
The music changed to the traditional wedding march, letting them know it was their turn.
“I am proud of you.” Charles murmured. She smiled, and squeezed his hand, then moved to stand at his side. The double doors stood open, revealing formal garden, a rose-pedaled aisle, guests seated on both side on white chairs, an arch covered with flowers and greenery overlooked the reflected lake.
Music soared to the sky, and they slowly took the first steps forward. Ororo found herself shaking with unexpected nerves. Part of her was still expecting to wake up and find this all to have been a dream. She heard the faint murmuring of the guests as they stood and waited for her approach. The hand holding her bouquet of cascading white roses, hydrangeas, and greenery down to her knees shook even more. Then she saw Logan and the change of his expression at his first sight of her change to something akin to fierce love, pride and longing. As if he too had been waiting for this moment all his life. He took her breath away.
Logan.
His name was like sweet music to her. It reverberated from her mind to her lips, her heart and settled like balm in her soul. He loved her, wanted her and as long as it was in his power would never leave her. Ororo felt it and reviled in the knowledge. Now whenever she reached out, held her hand aloof, someone would always be there to grasp it tight. She never needed to walk alone, nor carry the burdens that would weight on her alone.
Logan.
Her mate, her love, her destiny. An internal peace unlike anything she had ever felt before pushed its way up to exploded across her features. All present stared in awe. They were left speechless at her ethereal beauty. In her happiness Ororo radiated a kind of internal joy and peace that touched them to the very core.
Logan had anxiously eyed down the aisle for his first sight of Ro and when he finally saw her had thought he’d died in gone to heaven. The sight of her, managing to look elegant, beautiful and sexy as hell in a dress that caressed her in tantalizing detail, left him aching inside. His stomach quivered in anticipation and a touch of fear. She was his! This generous, loyal and loving woman had chosen him as a mate! For as long as he lived that fact would never ceased to amaze him. A strong need to formally claim her clamored at the forefront of his mind. Their eyes locked and remained only on each other. Everything else seemed to vanish.
Continuing the slow march towards the man that had her captivated, Ororo felt a lump lodge in her throat. The gardens, flowers, candles, and even the weather were spectacular but it was the sight of the feral, seductive smile on Logan’s face that was breathtaking to her. His suite enhanced his slender masculinity. The stark white of his shirt was a startling contrast to his tanned skin. She noted his attempted to tame his mass of wild hair and tenderly smiled. Goddess, he looked magnificent! And very soon he would be all hers. This was really happening! And if she had any doubts all she had to do was keep staring into the loving reassurance written in his eyes.
They were finally standing in front of the minister, and the music faded away. Logan and the xmen stood on the right dressed handsomely in matching suites. Jean and her bridesmaid stood on her left with a space at the forefront for her to stand at Logan’s side.
“Who gives this woman to this man in matrimony.”
“I do.” Xavier’s smooth tones were filled with a father’s pride and joy. He reached for her hand and placed it into the strong capable ones of her impatiently waiting fiancée.
~ Take care of her Logan~
~ I plan on it Chuck. ~
As quickly as he could, Xavier rolled away to seat at the front.
“Darlin, you ………there’s no words to adequately express how beautiful you look.”
“The look in your eyes is more then enough.” She said with an impish gleam. The Minister stood between them and cleared his voice.
“Dearly beloved we are gathered here before god and these witnesses to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony…..” He droned on, but Ororo and Logan only had eyes for each other. A huge smile spread across their faces. They finally made it!
“And who here knows of a just cause why these two should not be wed, speak now and forever hold your peace” Silence filled the garden and Logan held his breath for the few seconds it took for the minister to continue.
“Go on bub, no ones stopping this wedding!” Everyone laughed.
Rogue leaned towards Jubilee “Just the bride. I give her until the vows before the sky opens up.” Jubes nodded, keeping an eye on the still clear skies.
“Logan and Ororo have written their own vows and shall recite them to each other.”
They faced each other and he watched her with all the love in his heart.
“The first time I saw you, I forgot who I was or what I wanted. You walked in like an avenging spitfire and within seconds of our eyes meeting, I knew you were my fate. I fought it and you every step of the way because I’ve spent most of my life searching for something. At the time I thought it was the answers to my past, but I soon discovered it wasn’t. I was searching for the kind of peace that goes beyond just existing. The kind of peace I found with you.”
He reached up a hand and touched the side of her face, to solidify their connection. “I feel so free when I’m with you. You are the only person on this earth who fully understands me, knows me and feels exactly what I do. We’ve made a connection, the kind that cannot be broken.” His expression conveyed to her the depth of his sincerity more then his words. “And with each day it continues to grow. Ororo Munroe you, are in my heart, my soul and I pledge, in all honesty and sincerity to be for you a faithful husband for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, to love, to cherish until we part in death, this is my solemn vow. I love you, darling.”
Ororo really tried to keep from letting her emotions from getting out of hand. Logan’s words of love was more then even she could handle. Ominous clouds appeared out of nowhere as they covered the glow of the setting sun and the crowd laughed knowingly. Some reached below their seats for black umbrella. While others wiped away at tears and prepared to get wet. As for the bride, tears slid down her face even as she tried to gain control.
“Many thought we should not be and it seemed in many ways that they were right. Thank the Goddess, for having other plans. You came to us full of anger and hatred, a lost; loner seeking all that had been taken from him. But I knew only one thing; I wanted to be the one to fill the void inside you. I wanted to take away your loneliness, your pain, fears and doubts. I wanted you to see what I saw. A man capable of fierce love, tenderness, patience and deep loyalty. These qualities opened up my heart and made me whole. So today, in the presence of the goddess and our family I, Ororo offer you myself in marriage in accordance with the instructions of the holy Quran, and the holy prophet. I pledge in honesty and with sincerity, to be for you a supportive and faithful wife from this day forth. This is my solemn vow. I love you, Logan.”
Logan blinked back wetness and leaned down to kiss her.
“Not yet.” Scott nudged. He glared over his shoulder but pulled back. His eyes told her what his kiss was not yet able too.
“With these vows you have pledge yourselves to each other. You may now leave your single lives behind and joined as one.”
After handing Jean her bouquet, they each were handed lite candles and they walked towards a stand holding a thick, single candle that symbolized their future. Together they lite it and together they waved their pasts behind for the commitment and love of the future. They turned back to their places and impatiently waited for the final words.
“The rings.”
Scott’s face constricted in surprise, he patted his pockets in a panic. Logan glared at him, ready to ripe him to pieces. Logan growled menacingly.
“Cyke if you’ve…….” Scott grinned at Logan and held up the ten-carat solitaire.
“Of all the times to develop a sense of humor.” Mumbled Logan as he snatches the ring from the still grinning Scott.
“Logan, place the ring on Ororo’s right hand” He held her fingers and noticed the slight tremble. He stared into her shining eyes and winked. When she smiled back, he slid the diamond on her finger.
“Now Ororo, place your ring on Logan’s finger.” She easily pushed the platinum band; Jean handed her on his ring ringer and beamed at him.
“What god has put together let no make put it under, I now pronounce you man and wife. Now you may kiss the bride!” a chorus of laughter followed his words.
“Bout damn time!” Logan smirked before laying on a kiss that left her breathless and aching for more.
“Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, Mr. And Mrs. Logan Howlett!”





You must login () to review.