Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, they belong to Marvel.

Title: Destiny Prt5 The Reception

Rating: NC-17

Author’s notes: Welcome to the reception! Hope you all have a great time.



The moment the newly married couple entered the ballroom they were surrounded. More handshakes, hugs and kisses were exchanged amongst congratulatory words and teasing remarks targeted mainly at a fatuous Logan. When they finally had a chance to look at the large spacious room Ororo gasped. The place had been decorated with fragrant flowers, overgrown greenery to give it a lush outdoors feel. Hundreds of lighted candles brighten every corner and lent a romantic ambience as champagne fountains flowed freely. Round tables were elebrately covered with fine linens, china and large floral arrangements that appeared to take up most of the center. At one end of the room, a band readied its instruments to entice guests to the dance floor. Waiters circled around balancing trays of hors d’oeuvres and flutes of sparkling champagne.

“Looks like Chuck went all out.”

She nodded, still could not take it all in. How would they ever be able to repay him?

~More times then I can count. ~

~But Charles…~

~It was my pleasure to help bring that glow into your eyes. After all, it is a fathers right~

~Thank you, Charles. ~

Logan snagged two glasses and handed one to her. He took a sip and grinned.

“Not exactly beer but it’ll do.” Ororo laughed and wondered what he would think if he knew that one bottle of the vintage alcohol was worth more then his Harley.

“I’ll be right back, darlin.” He suddenly said and disappeared before she could ask him where he was doing.

“Ooh! Ms Munroe……I mean Mrs. Howlett that was the most wonderful wedding I’ve ever seen! You looked so beautiful and Wolvie was soooooo handsome….”

Ororo smiled at the rapidly talking teenager. “Breath child.”

“Sorry, it was just so romantic! I can’t wait til I get married!”

“Wow, do you always talk without breathing like that.” Cece teased, joining them.

“Yes it is an ability I’ve yet been able to comprehend since meeting young Jubilee.”

They laughed with the blue doctor. “Ororo you are undoubtedly the most beautiful bride that ever walked a runway.”

“Thank you, Hank. I am glad you were able to return in time.”

“As I am dear lady.”

Kitty came up to them. The smile she held did not erase the pain swimming in her brown eyes. “It was a wonderful wedding, Ro.”

“Yes, thanks to all of you.”

“Oh my god!” Jubilee suddenly shrieked with surprised and unsuppressed excitement.

“What is the matter child?” Ororo asked, then followed the direction of her gaze and gaped. “Oh goddess!”

“What is he gonna do?” She was too surprised to answer.

Logan, her Logan stood before the band with a mike in hand ready to…sing! Goddess! She felt her heart thundering in her throat and love, admiration, amusement glittering in her eyes. Slowly as the whispered news crossed around the room, everyone stared, some giggled, others had rude comments that would have gotten certain body part cut off but Logan did not waiver. He glared at Scott, Remy and Kurt to shut them up and the others followed suite. His eyes captured Ororo’s and held it. With imperceptively shaky, sweaty palms he raised the mic to his lips and let the words flow from his heart.


I promise you; yes I promise to love you for all your life
Love you every day and night, I will always be there for you

I’ll be in your arms, you’ll be in my heart



I’ll love you forever, I promise you

We’ll be together, our whole life through

There’s nothin’ that I, I wouldn’t do

With all of my heart, I promise you



All else disappeared for them as he weaved a web that only they understood. This was there song. All that remained was to hearts that was destined to be one. Tears flowed from her eyes, as she realized not for the first time that day how much Logan really loved her. He was willing to stand ridicule, jarring comments that would not die down for some time to let all there friends, family, even the world know what his vows had already professed. She belonged to him. He could not have given her a better gift.



I will take your hand, and I’ll understand

Share all your hopes and dreams

Show you what love can mean

Whenever life just gets too much for you

I’ll be on your side, to dry the tears you cry



Oh I will always be in your arms

And you will always be the flame within my heart



Logan stepped from the stage and slowly made his way towards his bride. All eyes followed his movements. But his only stayed on hers. Steps from her he raised a hand and tenderly wiped the tears from her face. Her lips grazed his palm and he skipped a note but quickly got on track. He opened his arms and she eagerly walked into them. They moved to the sweet melody, his words easily attuned to the beat of their hearts and with each step they took.



I’ll love you forever, I promise you

We’ll be together, our whole life through

There’s nothin’ that I, I wouldn’t do

With all of my heart, I promise you



To the surprise of the guests and each other, when the final tunes came they both sung the words in perfect harmony as a declaration to each other.



There’s nothin’ that I, I wouldn’t do

With all of my heart, I promise you



For long seconds after the music died down, silence rang through the stilled room. Logan brushed a final tear from her face and softly whispered. “I love you.”

“I love you.”

He leaned down and captured her lips with a simple, lingering brush of his lips. They returned to their surrounds as the clapping, enthusiastic whistles pierced the air.

“Go Wolvie!”

“Wow, mon ami! You make Remy proud. All the years of watching him operate with de filles rubbed off on you!” Logan smiled broadly at the grinning Cajun.

“You wish, swamp rat! Those moves are all mine fa just one fille.”

“Aaaaaawwwwwww! That’s so sweet!”

“Can it, brat” he good-naturedly growled at Jubes.

“I would have never believed it if I did not see it for myself!” started Scott, humor apparent on his face. “I just hope the video crew got it all on tape!” he teased.

“Yeah? Doesn’t mean ya get ur hands on it, one eye.”

“No problem. Had a feeling you would say something like that. Good thing I remembered my camera!” Scott laughed. Logan took a step toward him just as Jean joined them.

“Hon, if I were you I’d go get your wife a glass of wine before I’m widowed.” Scott laughed but left to get her a drink.

“You are always on time, my friend.” Ororo smiled happily from the warmth of Logan’s arms.

“I would have come sooner but I had to go wiped something from my eyes.” She teased pretending to dab at the corners.

“Not you too.” Groaned Logan.

Jean laughed. “Could not resist. You do realize it will be a very long time before any of us forgets. If ever! You are a man with many hidden talents I see.”

“Nah. Just wanted to show my wife here how much she means ta me.”

Ororo beamed at him. “That you did, my love. Any more surprises.”

He leaned to her ears. “It’s just the beginning darlin.”

She shivered with anticipation at the promise in his eyes. “I can not wait.”

Logan growled before quickly kissing her.

“Stop all that saliva swapping and lets get down!” shouted Jubes as the hired DJ took his place behind the turntable. Soon they were dancing to songs from Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Anita Baker, and Barry White among others.



“You’re really good for each other. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ro this happy.” Jean said to Logan as they danced. They both turned to the dancing goddess and former thief gaily dancing by.

“I aim ta keep it that way.”

They danced in silence for several seconds before Jean looked up at. “We had an intruder alert….”

“When…...who was it?” he growled, stopping there movements and frowning at her.

“Before the wedding and it was Mystic. I caught her morphing into one of the caterers.”

“That bitch! I’ll kill her!” he raged loud enough to cause several couples to stare at them.

“Why Logan? I mean this is not the first time we’ve had dealings with her. So why are you so heated about this.” Jeanie asked, concern marring her forehead. She was sensing something from Logan that increased the nagging suspicions she’d had since her run in with Mystic and she did not like it.

Logan refused to look at her. “It’s nothin, Red. Jus didn’t want that psycho ruining this day for Ro.”

“Is that all?” she persisted trying to gauge his reactions.

“Yea that’s it. Now can we drop it?”

“Of course. Just one more thing.” He groaned.

“I am here for you if you ever need to talk.” He stared at her for the first time since she brought up the blue mutant. Logan was tempted but knew he wouldn’t. Mystic was his problem to handle and as soon as he and Ro returned from there honeymoon that’s exactly what he planned on doing! Even if he had to kill her.

“I know Red, but there’s nothing to talk about.” Her eyes easily told him she didn’t believe him but he didn’t give a shit. Ro was the one he was concern about.



Scott claimed her from Remy and they easily glided across the room in a traditional waltz.

“I don’t have to ask if you’re happy, it’s written all over your face.” He teased.

“I am. I never imagined after Forge and ……..”

“Me?”

She looked at him. And admitted to herself how much his past rejection of her had hurt. With his boy next door good looks he had easily captured her heart……once. Now he no longer affected her in any way but that of a close friend and teammate.

“That is the past. It no longer matters.”

Scott slowly nodded. “That doesn’t mean I am not sorry. Logan better not ever hurt you.”

Ororo tilted her head at him and smiled. “I have learned, life is nothing without its measure of happiness and pain. Some would say I have suffered more then my share of losses but, would I appreciate what I have now without having gone through it all? There are no guarantees Scott. The one thing I do know is that Logan loves me and I him. That’s all I can ask for.”

He stared into her eyes and saw the truth of it and hastily glanced away. Long ago he had made a choice that had nearly ripped him apart and in the process had given up the greatest passion in his life for security, stability and a small grain of normalcy. It was a choice he was not certain he would have made again. Now she had also made her choice. Things had worked out for the best. At least he hoped so.

“Beat it, One eye. I wanna dance wit my wife.”

Scott leaned down and kissed her cheek, squeezed her hand and turned to Logan “Take care of her.”

Logan scowled. “Ya worry bout your wife and let me take care mine.”

They stared at each other for long seconds then Scott nodded and left in search of Jean.

“You two will never grow up I see.” Ro murmured against his shoulder.

“Where’s da fun in that. One eye and me understand each other.”

Ororo leaned into him as he guided them to the music. Yes, he and Scott did have a sort of unusual relationship that seemed to work for them. What more can they ask for?



They stood ready in front of the six tier, butter cream frosted creation that was decorated with white roses, blue hydrangeas, cascading down the sides in a torrent of blossoms. Logan handed her the long cutting knife and wrapped his hand over hers. The knife cut into the smooth moisture with feather like ease. Two pieces were cut. Ororo picked up her piece and smiled wickedly up at him. Knowing what that gleam meant, Logan daringly opened his mouth and waited for her to place the sugared confection in. She raised the piece up close to his lips. When he would have bitten into it, she sensually teased it around his lips. Applying enough frosting to cover them.

“Ooops! Let me clean that up for you.”

Quickly, hunger replacing the glint, she leaned over and licked across his waiting mouth. Logan growled, surprised but very happy. She would never cease to amaze him. Some of the guests whistled approvingly. Several male members of the audience gulped and fidgeted. This was diffently a different side to Ororo. They would not have missed this for anything.

Ororo pulled back before he captures her in a deeper kiss.

“My turn.”

Logan took his piece of cake and raised it to her open mouth but instead of putting it to her lips he enthusiastically smeared it over her mouth, nose and chin. She shrieked and he pulled her against his hard form and captured her in a messy kiss that only made matters worst. When his face was covered with the same amount of frosting as her beautiful one he leaned back away, grinning at her fringed scrawl.

“MMmmmm. This not half bad.”

He leaned towards her ear. “Maybe we should take some with us. It might come in handy.”

Ororo blushed. He grinned wider.

Jean turned to face the crowd and held her hands up. “Okay everyone, I need all the ladies to line up over there for the bouquet before these two really become x rated!”

“Jean!” Ororo cried and blushed again at the humorous laughter and sly looks. Logan whispered down to her. “They’re right darlin. Let’s hurry this up so we’d be able to leave and get started on the real fun.” He promised.

In record time she grabbed the cascading flowers and stood with her back turned away from the line of excited women. She glanced over her shoulder, spotted Rogue and threw the flowers in that direction. A torrent of shrieks, clicking heels and shouts followed as they all tried to grab for it. Rogue almost had it when Sara suddenly appeared out of nowhere and snatched the prize from her grasp.

“Hey that was mine!” Rogue angrily rounded on her.

“I caught it. Not my fault you can’t catch.” Sara taunted.

“You pushed ma and practically snatched it from ma hand!”

“Not my problem you have two left feet!” they faced each other, chest heaving with anger.

“I’ll show ya ……”

“Les filles! No need to fight. Remy be happy to have both of you as contenders for the title of Mrs. Lebeau.”

“Not on your life Swamp rat!”

“I’d ram one of my bones up your ass first.”

Remy held a hand over his heart in a wounded gesture. “Ouch! Such beauty with so much venom.” He moaned loudly staggering backwards. But he had effectively handled the charged moment.

Ororo observed the scene speculatively, knowing exactly why Sara had done what she did. All one had to do was watch the way she and Robert Drake sneaked mooning glances at each other. Logan walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Looks like Sara plans on harnessing Bobby. Poor kid.”

She turned in his arms. “Perhaps he will open her heart and chase away her fears as you have me.”

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” He gave her a chaise kiss. “One more thing ta do and we’re outta here.

Guiding her to a chair set facing the male guests, Logan kneeled at her feet and held her gaze. Slowly he raised her right leg and placed the heel on his bent knee. His hands went under her gown in an enticing, exploration up her naked leg. Ororo squirmed in the chair. Heat staing her cheeks as his skilled fingers traced a path of devastation past her knees and further up her dress. His teased, rubbed and glided until his fingers reached the top of her thighs. Her eyes became pools of yearning, as her breath became shallow.

“Mon ami, what you doing under there?”

“Yea, what ever it is save it for the honeymoon!” teased Bobby

“My word!” murmured beast.

Logan flicked a glance at them and a slow smile mirrored the heat of his eyes. “Can’t find the darn thing. Guess I’ll have ta check the other leg.” He said unable to mask the husky tone of his voice.

Ororo silently leaned towards Logan and turned his head to look at her again.

“Higher.”

He stared intently into her eyes as her tongue suddenly licked across her lips. As if in a trance he worked his hands up her leg again and reached higher. She drew in a sharp intake of breath and tightened her abdominal muscles when his fingers finally brushed the silk scrap. He grasped it, slowly easing it down. She breathed a sign of relief and disappointment as he stood. He winked at her with eyes promising they’d finish what was started. He tossed the garter, ignored the scrabbling and triumphant shout as Bobby waved his catch for all to see. Instead he reach for his bride and said to her in a hoarse, barely controlled voice.

“Let’s go.”





You must login () to review.