11. The Elf and the Witch

Summary:
Now that that is taken care of, lets get on to the others. (And allowing me to use the leftovers from the previous posts).


While Logan prepared…well, while Jubilee and Marie toiled hard to work out the kinks in him, someone else from their family was also finding love.


It wasn’t Remy. He would get his butt kicked six ways from Sunday if he even was caught so much as ‘giving a lane changing signal’, meaning, stepping out on Marie. And it wouldn’t be just her, and not just Logan, but also every single one of the people around them. It was pretty sure that even Jubes and Amiko would get their shots in.

It wasn’t Piotr. Even giving allowance for his ‘small town boy’ shyness, he would rather spend his free time with his friends or painting. And even though he knew that Jubilee’s friend, Kitty liked him, he was cognizant of the age difference between him and the teen. There had been quite a few others who had ‘dropped hints’ for…many of which he only knew about because of Remy’s educated eyes and ears. There was that Sarah who worked the grill on the McDonalds a couple of blocks away. She put on a rough tough ‘bite your head off’ front, one that kept most of the people away from her. But oddly enough, as much as everyone had warned him, Piotr had found to be quite…nice, her exterior coming across as a hard-boned armor than anything else.
It wasn’t even that peroxide haired, Emma. The way she flicked open the top two buttons of her shirt, slipping her hand inside and on her breasts, even cool as cucumber Remy had squeaked, ‘Merde’.

It was the third of Logan’s crew. Kurt.

---

“Kurt. Hey Kurt!” Remy’s hail sounded across the spacious workshop. The day was starting to wind down. Logan had already finished with the Golf he was working on and had gone over to Marie’s. The two of them were going to head out, all to get him a haircut…under special orders from Fashion General Jubilee. And with Pete taking care of an oil change for the aging Beetle that had pulled in just minutes before the workshop gate was closed, it had fallen on Kurt to put everything, all the tools and all, back in their place and to broom the shop-floor the night.

However, rather than being down, Kurt was acting rather…peppy. Zipping about, he was trying his best to finish as fast as he could, all for an appointment he had to keep. And agreed that he still had about fifteen minutes of a head start, he did not want to be late.

After all it was a date, with his new and first real girlfriend…Wanda.

*Real* girlfriend because she wasn’t the first girl he had fallen in love with. There had been another. Amanda.

She was the first one who made his heart beat for the love of a woman, made him stop being a mere boy and be a older…be a man. Yet, for all his aspirations, he had been just a teenager, and it was that cusp between being a child and an adult that had led him to dream big, have great hopes...plans.

In the end it had all been in vain. He lost her to someone bigger, smarter. Someone who was confident, unlike him…someone who was NOT him.

//Flashback//

“Amanda I have something I want to tell you,” A teenaged Kurt Wagner sat on his friend Amanda’s bed, watching her comb her soft rose colored hair.
“Yes Kurt,” replied Amanda preening in front of the mirror. “How do I look?”
“Like an angel,” Kurt replied dreamily.
“Oh, you are just saying that because you are my friend,” Amanda shook her head at him, turning around to put the final changes to her makeup. “ I want to look HOT.”
“Hot? Why would you want to look hot?” Kurt asked with a confused voice. “Are you sick? Do you want your mother to call a doctor?”

“Oh, not that silly,” the redhead chuckled at his apparent naiveté. “Hot means beautiful….sexy.”
“Uhn,” Kurt’s eyes widened at her ‘forward’ language.
“Yes.” Amanda replied with a twinkle in her eyes. “Werner calls me that. He’s taking me out for the graduation party they are having at a friend’s place.”
“Werner,” Kurt’s voice and face fell at the name of the star jock of their high school.

“Do you like him?” he asked softly.
“YES,” the glee in her voice caused his heart to come crashing down to the ground, breaking into a million pieces.
“Do you….” he steeled himself. “Do you love him?”
“I-I…I guess so,” she hesitated for a second. “Not too sure yet, but I am on my way. Why are you asking?”

“Nothing,” the saddened tone in his voice went unnoticed by the girl who had held his heart and chucked it away even looking at it.
“Kurt,” Amanda came and sat next to him and placed a finger painted hand over his thigh. “What is it? You can tell me. We are like family, just like brother and sister.”
“Brother…..sister,” he croaked as he held the tears threatening to come forth in his eyes. “You think of me as a brother.”
“Yeah,” Amanda nodded hesitantly, her gut telling her that she had said something majorly wrong. She had said what she felt that would lift her best friend’s spirits. The pained look on his face told her that her words hadn’t helped. In fact they seemed to have worked to trouble him even further. “Don’t you want that?”

“I-I….yes,” he exhaled dejectedly, pushing himself up from the bed and away from her. “Goodnight Amanda. Have a nice time at the party.”
“Kurt…” Amanda started after him, but stopped at the car horn sounding from the road. “Coming, coming,” she yelled from her window as she grabbed her purse and rushed out through the door, vowing to get back to Kurt and what was troubling him.

//End Flashback//


Two days later, Kurt had left for America to find his sister, carrying a broken heart and broken dreams deep inside him.

---

Back, in the now,

“Ja?” Kurt returned, jerking his head in a query at the smirking Remy coming towards him. “Vat?”
“Dere be someone askin’ fo’ you,” Remy jerked a thumb towards the front gate.
“Asking for me?” Who could it be? Could it be someone from the training course he and Pete were doing to get certified to work in the new place Logan was opening? Or…
“Yeah,” Remy nodded. “This tall,” Remy leveled his hand, just alongside his shoulder. “Dark red hair, whisky smooth voice. Accen’ like yo’rs.”

‘Red hair!’ Kurt’s eyes widened with realization. She’d come here.

Literally shoving the broom into Remy’s hands he sprinted towards the front, thankful that he had had the forethought to change his clothes beforehand.

He was nearly out the door when his Cajun friend called out behind him.

“Da car has a nice body too.”

---

Elsewhere,

Thankfully for Kurt, both Logan and Marie had already departed from the diner and were currently on their way to the barber. Although he had agreed on taming the wild growth of his mane….or at least try to do so, Logan had put the foot down when Jubilee and Marie had started to go over the top, suggesting everything from a hair restyling to eyebrow thinning to, (the worst of all) a full treatment, which would not only lead to him having to lose his mutton chops but also have colored highlights put in his hair, traveling along his natural ‘wolf-ear’ edges.

“A cut’s what I agreed to and that’s all I am gonna get…” he stated in no un-certain terms. “That’s it.”

And that is what they were going to get now, with Marie being the ‘special clause’ that had somehow slipped into their settlement.


“Logan…” Marie tapped her brother’s shoulder.
“Huh?” Logan snapped his head towards her, her gesture and the blaring of the horn from behind them telling him that, lost in his thoughts, he had missed the light turning green. “Uh, sorry. Thanks kid.”

“’s ok.” Getting yet another honk from the over enthusiastic punk behind them, Marie let leaned sideways in her seat, took a deep breath and yelled, “Hey asshole! SIT ON THIS,” her raised middle finger complementing her comment.

“Hmph. Ah needed thaht,” sitting back inside, she blew out a calming breath. “Now yah do yer bit.”
“My bit?” Logan glanced over his shoulder. “You want me to flip him too?”
“Nah, not thaht ya big lummox,” the young woman slapped her hand against her forehead. “Ya tell he whaht’s buggin’ ya.”
“Nothin’ darlin’,” Logan grunted noncommittally. “Nothing at all.
“Nothing huhn,” her arched eyebrow, a look that she had learned from him, told her that she didn’t believe him a bit. “Then why are yah lookin’ as lost as a Remy with a novel?”
“Hmph.”

“Wanna talhk about it?”
“Nah,” he just shook his head. “Nothin’ ta talk about. Just tired I guess.”
“Tired?” Marie knew that he was definitely lying now. Logan never got tired. “Why?”
“Nothin’ ta worry yer pretty little head over,” he tried to smile her query away. “Just thinkin’ about the new place.”
“Oh,” another lie she caught instantly. “Naae.” She knew about the problems they were facing with the new business venture. Remy had told her everything.

“Logan,” her large brown eyes bored into him. “Whaht is it sugah?”

“NO!” That no-more-arguments tone ended that conversation at that.

If only the thought waves that were welling within Logan were settled as easily.


Note: Sorry for the short chapter but I almost missed this part. As for the length, the next update is on its way and it’s a long one….almost double this one.

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.