“WHAT!” More than one of the X-Men present voiced their surprise…shock at Xavier’s revelation.

“You have met him?” Jean and Scott.

“What do you by mean seven years ago?” Ororo.

“Huh.” Rogue and Colossus.

“….” Logan. ‘Fuckin’ Cueball.’


“Relax everyone,” Xavier maneuvered his hover-chair to face his students. “I met Mr….”

“Logan,” the newly arrived Logan, who, just by his appearance was sending chills down the spines of most of the X-Men. Not because of the way he looked or some amazing powers of his, but because, even in the frigid weather, all he had on was use-worn denim jeans, a pair of equally worn work boots and a simple red-black flannel shirt. Other than that….nothing. And the way he was behaving, he might as well as have been on a tropical beach in the Bahamas. “Told you last time. Its just Logan,” he corrected Xavier, causing his twin to arch an eyebrow at the familiar mannerisms. More than anyone else, it was he who was feeling an inexplicable pull…an urge. To do what, he did not know, just that it was being caused by this other Wolverine.

“Very well,” Xavier nodded. “I met…Logan around seven years ago when he showed up at the mansion.”

“At the mansion?” Scott echoed again. If indeed this Logan has come to the mansion, why hadn’t the Professor asked him stay there….and maybe even join the X-Men. Just taking physically, this Logan was about a couple of inches taller than their Logan….about as much as the other Ororo was than the Ororo here. However, their (Ultimate) Logan was easily the bulkier, more buffed up of the two.

“Yes Scott. But not the same mansion as the present one,” the Professor sent a silencing look at him. “A different one…one that was known to others. It was a time before I became…it was a naive time.”

---

//Flashback//

“I heard you wanted to see me.” Snapping his head towards the familiar, but younger than what he was used to, cultured British accent, Logan’s eyes widened at the seeing the man walking towards him. This one thing, and it near about lit the goal lights as far as his suspicion was concerned. Wherever, whenever he was, he was not in the place he was from. Had it not been for the incessant and ever increasing pull from Ororo, he would have just given up and accepted it as a drea…nightmare. Even if it did turn out to be one, he still had to try, not for his, but for Ororo and their unborn children’s sake.

So engrossed did he get in his own thoughts that he forgot to answer Xavier’s query. It was only when Charles repeated himself, louder than the first time that he came to and spoke.

“Ye…yeah,” he nodded warily. “You Xavier?”

“Yes,” even as listened to the younger Xavier speak, Logan finally comprehended and placed the scent he had caught and had been wracking his brains about. That was another thing that had been troubling him for the last couple of days….his senses were going haywire, sometimes going way over their usual limit and sometimes, like now, almost disappearing…becoming normal i.e. normal as in that for an average human/mutant.

“Mystique.” He growled under his breath. What was the blue bitch doing here? And with his senses powering up again, he could not only smell her all over the room, but also on the Xavier standing in front of him.

Had he not had his complete attention on the stranger, Xavier might have missed him utter the name of his lover…well, one of his lovers. But catch he did.

“How do you know Raven?”

However, by now, THE Wolverine had showed up on the scene and closed onto himself, with all his walls up. Having come here for some sort of answers, maybe even an understanding of what was going on with him, now he wasn’t so sure about it. If this Xavier had Mystique working for…and on him, then how could he trust him? Moreover, with his senses powered again, he knew that Ororo was nowhere in or even near this place.

“What?” He frowned as once again the feeling of dread…of Ororo calling out to him, came over him. Whatever it was, this invisible force was telling him to get out of here…from everywhere…everyone.

“I was told that you wanted to see me,” trying to probe the stranger’s mind, Xavier found himself face to face with impenetrable walls. However, he still got something, something that made him stop and take a step back, both telepathically and physically. For inside the mind of this man…this mutant he confirmed, was a primal force unlike any he had ever come across before. It was so strong that even those walls couldn’t hold it in completely. What was even more disconcerting was that with each passing second it was growing wilder, angrier….and most importantly stronger.

“Nothing, nothing,” shaking his head in denial, Logan started to back towards the door, the buzzing in his head growing stronger by the second. ‘Out. Get OUT. Get AWAY. Run. Run. RUN.’

“Mr. Logan…” seeing his mysterious guest falter, Xavier reached forward to help him. Whoever this person was, he was clearly troubled. Maybe he had heard about his and Eric’s newly formed Brotherhood of Mutants and come for help in controlling his mutation. With the amount of power he felt inside him, if handled properly, he could make a powerful soldi….ally.

“Logan. My name is just Logan.” ‘Shouldn’ta come here.’ Logan hurried towards the door. It wasn’t him and Ororo that he was worried for now. It was also whoever this Xavier was. “Stay back.” He snarled, halting Xavier’s progress.
“Logan.” Keeping a safe distance Xavier tried to calm him. “If you came here, you surely must have heard about me. I can help y…”

“NO!” And that was final. “Not you. Yer not him….not him….not….”

//End Flashback//


---

“Not him.” Ending his recounting, Xavier turned his eyes towards Logan. “That was the last words I heard from Mr….from Logan. Even though he had only been a few feet in front of me when he left the room, by the time I reached the door of the study, he was already on his way towards the gate. Somehow I thought…” he added as an afterthought. “..that given your condition, and that of your transport, you wouldn’t even reach the gate.”

“Yeah,” the other Logan cracked a smirked at the mention of the bike. “Dumped it as soon as I got here. Its buried under a ton of snow and rocks over that hill,” he pointed to a peak about fifty kilometers away. “As for the other thing,” he continued as he got on his haunches and scratched the neck of the wolf nuzzling against him, with the rest of the pack also within arms reach. “It also worked out fine.”

“What other thing?” Hearing his own voice…one just like his, sound out to him, he tilted his head towards this world’s Wolverine. Arms at his side, hand balled, ready to let out the claws, shoulders squared, eyes narrowed. The body language was exactly the same as his.

However, it wasn’t this (ultimate) Wolverine that he was interested in. It was someone else….someone standing at the back, next to this earth’s Peter, Colossus. Straightening to his full height, he started towards the said person, he perceptive eyes immediately catching the most obvious difference.

-SNIKT-

His claws out, Wolverine leapt in front of his doppelganger. “Stay away from her.”

Acting rather un-Wolverine like, well, the Wolverine that they knew, the X-Men watched as not only did the other Wolverine stop, he also silenced his wolves. One look over his shoulder, and all of the wolves stopped and retreated to the bushes….keeping their distance but still close enough to act at their pack leader’s hail.

That taken care of, (movie) Logan turned back to the X-Men, his smirk turning to a smile as he looked past Wolverine. “Hey kid.” He called out, his usual growl sounding much softer than before.

---

More surprised than shocked, it took her a couple of seconds before Rogue realized that it was her that he was calling out to.

With questioning glances to her teammates, she smiled a hesitant smile and nodded in greeting. “Hey.”
“Come ‘ere,” Logan gestured for her to come near him.
“NO.” (Ultimate) Logan shook his head. “Stay there Rogue.”

Remembering what the other Ororo had told her about the other Rogue and Wolverine’s bond with her, the teenager started towards the two men facing off against each other.
“Rogue…” (Ultimate) Wolverine started.
“Its ahlright Wolverine,” she came alongside him. “Ah think….ah’ know, he won’t hurt me. Would ya?” Seeing her smile that impish smile, the one he knew so well…had not seen in years, Logan tried to commit all of it to memory. Even if this wasn’t his Marie, she was the closest thing he had to the scrawny kid who had not only snuck into his camper, but also into his life, becoming the first member of what would grow to become his only remembered family.

“What do you think?” It was easy to fall back into that familiar banter…so easy that it hurt.
“Ah think ya won’t,” following his gesture to come closer, Rogue stepped towards him, going still as he leaned down towards her.

“What’s yer name?” Logan whispered so that only the two of them and possibly the other Logan could hear them. “Her name is Marie.”
“Close,” Rogue whispered back at him. “Ah’m...ah used to be called Marian. Thaht was mah name…ah think.”
“Marian,” Logan let the name roll over his tongue. “It just wasn’t....remember, it IS yer name.”

As she stepped back to stand straight, Rogue found her eyes unexpectedly damp. The next instant, she stepped forward and threw her arms around the stranger….hugging him tightly, if only for a short time.

“Ah’m sorry. Ah’ thought you’d lahke thaht,” she apologized, not for her actions, but for the state that the other Logan was in….alone, separated from family, friends…the woman he loved. ‘The woman he loved!’
“Thanks ki…”

“We have her?” Rogue blurted out. “Ororo. We have Ororo.”
“I know kid,” Logan gestured towards the still as a sculpture Ororo. “Right there.”
“No Logan,” Xavier cut into the conversation. “We are talking about your Ororo….your teammate.”
“…Your fiancée,” the younger Ororo spoke for the first time. “We have her…I think.”

----

-SNIKT-

“What do you mean?” For the first time since they met him, the X-Men found themselves starring at six one-foot long claws, three on each hand. Moreover, just as the claws came out, so did the wolves.

“Get back Rogue,” (Ultimate) Wolverine once again stepped between his sister and his twin.
“Wolverine stop,” Xavier’s commanding voice had near to no affect on the two ferals.

Even as the others watched something very odd…very disconcerting happened.

“You don’t wanna do this bub.” The taller (movie) Logan snarled at his shorter, more muscular counterpart.
“Yeah,” (ultimate) Wolverine’s snarl was equally threatening. However, the very next instant, “yeah,” -snakt- all his rage seemed to vanish into thin air.
“Logan.” Ororo was the first to catch the sudden change. “What did you do you him?” She rushed towards their Wolverine, who even now, calmly stood in front of his doppelganger. Whatever had gone down between the two seemed to have hypnotized (ultimate) Wolverine into a hypnotic stupor.

“’Ro?” (ultimate) Wolverine shook his head and turned towards the Nubian beauty. “What the….” He noticed his hands, noticed his claws or rather that they were no longer out but had been retracted.

-SNIKT-

“What the fuck did you just do to me?” The claws out again, (ultimate) Wolverine once again adopted his offensive position.
“You want to know,” the other Wolverine got he brought his own hands in front of his face. “Why don’t you have a go at finding it. You know you want to. I know you want to.”

---

“ENOUGH!!” All but one head snapped around trying to locate the origin of the voice…which, as far as they could tell, seemed to come from all directions…including from the sky itself.

What they finally saw was even more shocking than seeing the other Wolverine for the first time.

Even as they, slack jawed with their eyes bugging out of their sockets, watched, an ethereal blue glow began to coalesce from the very sky itself, descending to ground level as it took human form until….

“Logan, please stop teasing our guests.”

....the shimmering, elemental form of Ororo Monroe stood before them.

“You don’t want to set a bad example for the children. Do you?”

….two smaller heads, one with snow colored hair and the other with midnight black, rose up over the shoulders of the glowing Ororo, staring intently at the dumbfounded X-Men.

“Its good to see you again my friends.”


Note: Hope everyone is happy with this one. The whole gang is here….including the kids.

However, I do have a couple of questions. Possible sex (mm, mf, ff) and names for both children.

Please review and let me know!!





You must login () to review.