“Please come in.” Wide eyed and full of questions, the confused and more than a little wary, X-Men, glanced around as they followed their host up the beaten path and stepping into the wooden construct that was their cabin.

Stepping inside, they realized that the phrase, appearances can be deceiving, suited this place to a ‘T’. From outside, it looked like any other cabin, albeit a little larger and higher than the usual ones...almost in a semi-warehouse kind of way. However, once inside, it was an altogether different thing. Whoever….well, (movie) Ororo’s refined stamp was all over it, right from the exquisitely embroidered table covers and window curtains, to the soothing color scheme on the rest of the upholstery. The furniture, including the side tables, six seating dining table and its chairs, the twin sofas, all seemed home made. 'Probably by Logan,' they assumed correctly. Although from outside it did not look high enough to be double storeyed, once inside, they stepped down to the living area, which released the extra headroom for a couple of rooms above them.

However, none of them seemed to even spare a second look at the place, their eyes and attention still fixed at the people living there.

“Please, make yourselves at home,” gesturing towards the living area, Ororo started towards the kitchen. Following the oddly complaint Xavier’s lead, the X-Men settled down. On their way to the cabin, (movie) Logan had been pretty much silent, and even here, he seemed to be continuing observing their 'guests'.

----

“What about the children?” Jean questioned as she looked around for evidence of the two children she had seen with the couple. Although it was pretty clear that the children were their's, she still couldn't understand how from only a few days ago, a four and half month woman had gone to having six year old twins. Moreover, having led a sheltered, rather opulent childhood, with three servants just for her, she found it rather odd that the two parents were just letting the young children run free in the wilderness, without any adult supervision in a place full of animals…scary, wild animals, animals like the wolves that had been with Logan. Appearing before him, they only separated, leaving for wherever they left when the X-Men fell in step with their master.

“Its their play time,” (movie) Ororo answered as headed towards one of the three ‘inside’ doors leading out of the room. What she did not tell that just before the X-Men arrived both she and Logan had just finished with the children's daily 'school work', with both parents splitting the classes, with Ororo covering English and basic Math, and Logan taking over for 'Play' Training and 'Practical' Science, meaning teaching the children about the plant and animal life around them.

“Play time?” Echoed Jean. ‘How can these people even think about playing here?’ She stared at the now normal looking Ororo. This was something else that intrigued not only her, but also her teammates. How come she changed form? While earlier she had looked almost as if composed to the wind elements itself, now she looked just like any of them, flesh and blood. She hadn’t been able to do that earlier, during her stay at the mansion? Would their Ororo also become the same way as her powers progressed?

“They can take care of themselves,” (movie) Logan snapped at the redhead silencing both her words and her querying thoughts. 'Fuck, she talks a lot.' Slapping his hands against his denim covered thighs, he stood up and started in the direction (movie) Ororo had gone in, towards the kitchen. Glancing back towards his (ultimate) twin and towards Scott and Peter, he questioned. “Beer?”

“Uh, no….” Peter shook his head. “Thank you, but I don’t drink.”

“No.” Scott’s firm answer got an amusing smirk in response, along with a whispered response that only the other Wolverine caught, his own lips curving up at it.

“Scooter. Figures. Even this one’s got a bug up his ass.”

“Which one?” (Ultimate) Logan’s question about the brand of the beer got an arched eyebrow in return.

“What’dya think? Molson. What else?”

“Sounds good.”

---

Stepping out from view, he appeared seconds later, two beer bottles grasped in each hand. Holding them out to Xavier, Jean and (ultimate) Ororo, he completed the complementary questioning. It was just a formality one which his senses had already made redundant. Neither Jean or the younger Ororo seemed the boozer types. Heck, even his ‘Ro didn’t like the barley water’s taste, only taking once in a while, like on the anniversary of their coming here, the kids birthday and a couple of other days….including one other special one. As for Xavier, he too seemed the one to drink those foofoo drinks, the ones whose only purpose seemed to burn a hole in your wallet.

Flopping down back onto the couch, he pulled the cap off and took a full, deep swig, emptying almost three quarters of the bottle in one go.

“Wait till she comes back.” He answered even before Scott could voice his question.

---

Fifteen minutes later, with everyone settled and with the exception of the two Logans, a cup of Green (Indian) tea held in their hands, the X-Men wasted no time in plunging into the questioning, with Scott taking the lead. By seniority it should have been the Professor. However, oddly enough electing to stay silent, as if already having some inside information, he let his students/teammates ask their own questions.

“How can you be the same?” Scott's barrage started with a simple question, with quick follow ups. “I mean, we just saw you or whoever that was. She was in the flight we us. I saw her myself before we stepped out of the X-wing. And yet, here you are. Not only healed and well, but seemingly living here for what seems like years.”

“And ya say ya know us?” Rogue slipped in a small query of her own.

“What happened to your powers?” Was Jean’s contribution. “How can the children be there? The way you…”

“Jean. Scott….everyone.” Setting the cup and saucer down onto the center table, (movie) Ororo leaned back, her shoulder flush against (movie) Logan's...something that both (ultimate) Ororo and Logan noticed, only to turn their eyes away at the eerie sensation of almost watching themselves in front of them. When it had only been one of them, like (movie) Ororo at the mansion or that Logan outside, things had been bearable. And although (ultimate) Ororo had had a chance to get acclimated to seeing an older version of her, seeing as (ultimate) Logan had left the mansion soon after the older Ororo's arrival, it was completely new for him.

As for the Ororo before them, she knew that this day would come. In fact, she had spent quite some time getting the explanation ready and although, even after all this time, neither she nor Logan had all the answers themselves, they had comprehended enough of their situation to attempt making some heads and tails out of it. “Do you mind if I….if we tell out side and then you can….”

---

“MOMMIIIEEE….” Even as the shrill cry of a young child sounded from outside the cabin, the seemingly scared form of Ororo and Logan’s daughter tore through the front door, heading directly for her mother, the cause of her screeching, a young wolf, probably from the pack that had accompanied Logan, close at her heels.

-SNIKT-

Even before anyone could say anything, (ultimate) Wolverine had his claws out and lunged towards the animal.

“NO!!”

“Get away from him.”

The (movie) couple’s cry threw him for a loop, his eyes widening momentarily as he felt the air vanish from within his lungs. Suffocation setting in, his hands reached for his throat and missing the wolf, he harmlessly crashed into the wall, his ears catching his (ultimate) Ororo calling out to him.

“What the…” as quickly as that sensation started, it was over. Scrambling onto all fours, he watched as both the girl, now really scared, as well as the wolf, a low whine sounding from him, sidled behind the now standing up and clearly angry Ororo and Logan.

“Put them back,” a single growl from the other Logan and the claws retracted even without conscious effort on the part of their owner. “We told ya, didn' we. While you are here, I don’t want any of you using yer powers…”

“…and definitely not against our children,” (movie) Ororo completed his words.

“Children!!” Right before their eyes, the X-Men watched as the now subdued, and from the way his body was shaking, incredibly scared wolf began to transform....

.....into a young black haired, slightly dark skinned, blue eyed boy.

---

Elsewhere,

“Keep the change.”

Stepping out of the cab, the two figures stood silent for a few seconds, staring at the building across the road. However, it wasn't the imposing grandeur of the building that they had come to see....their reason for being here was totally their business and incredibly personal.

“You sure this is the right place? Should we be doing this? I mean, we could just try...”
“Well, duh. What do you think? I told you I got the address right from Big Blue's diary. Besides weren't you the one who hacked into his mailbox?”

“Hey! I didn't hack his mailbox.”
“Then what else did you do, huh?”

“I-I...it wasn't my fault that he doesn't clear his browser cache. I just wanted to log in to check my mail, and....”
“And you checked his.”

“Hmph.”
“Now keep quiet and get me up there. I'll handle the rest.”

“Jubes....”
“NOW.”

“Hmph. (grumbling) We could at least have got Bobby...”
“Yeah. Like your boyfriend wasn't going to rat us out to Scott and the Professor. Why didn't we just give a PSA on the TV.”

“....”
“Now get to it.”

-

A few minutes later,

“Sheesh, Kit-Kat. What d'ya do? Set off the alarm.”
“It wasn't my fault. I didn't....”

“Yeah. Well, who phased through....”

“Ahem. Ya girls got a permit to be out after cerfew.”

Both whirled around at the third sound from behind them, their eyes widening at the almost seven feet tall....Thing standing just a few feet from them, his baby blue eyes twinkling in direct contrast to his towering form.

“Kitty.”
“Uh-huh.”

“Its time.” (whispered)
“What!!”

“Its time.” (a little louder)
“What time?”

“Running time. Its runnin' time!!”


Note: This chapter was going to be longer, and was going to be, but I just got lazy. Then again, look at the bright side, I already have 20% of the next update done already....and that one will be long.

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.