07. More Talk

“So, you are from another world?”

Lying on her back, Ororo tilted her head to look at the teenage girl, who thankfully for her, was closer to her counterpart in her own world. At age fifteen, the Kitty Pryde here was just a couple of years younger to the Kitty she knew. However, what made hings easier was her having seen Kitty at that age…even younger. When she first came to the mansion, the Kitty on her own world was barely fourteen years old and even though she had grown and matured over the years, Ororo had had the experience of how to deal with the fifteen-year-old version of her.

“Yes,” she answered as she took in her surroundings. Apart from a few differences, the infirmary too was the same as the one on…well, the one she saw regularly…so much so, that even the overhead lights seemed to be the same energy saving ones. The only other people in the room were Kitty and the younger Ororo. Completing her physical tests, the usual height, weight etc., Jean had retired to the lab next door to conduct the rest of them from the fluids she had collected.

---

“And on you world….” Inquisitive brown eyes flitted to the ring adorning the slender ring finger of the older version of her ex-roommate. The ring was a new addition and was naturally, even if she neglected its visual beauty, quite intriguing for Kitty. “You and Wolverine….are engaged.”
“Yes,” Ororo nodded again, feeling that just like the Ororo-Jean-Scott dynamic here, the Kitty-Logan dynamic was also different from the one she was wont to.

“How long?” Getting a confused look from both Ororos, she elaborated. “I mean how long have you two been together and or been engaged?
“We’ve been together for more than a year now,” Ororo answered with a smile. On second thought, she corrected herself. “Exclusively for around eleven months. As for the engagement, that just happened just four months ago.”

“What do you mean exclusively?” Kitty probed further, missing the knowing smirk passed between the two women. The exclusive part, although not entirely clear to the (ultimate) Ororo herself, she guessed the possible reason behind it….Jean and Logan’s residual and confusing feelings towards her. Once all this testing crap was over and done with, she intended to get the whole 411 on it. ‘Just for information purposes,’ she lied to herself.

--

“Oh, nothing,” the new Ororo deflected the question easily, instead letting another tidbit out to draw the teenager’s attention. “We moved in together around six months ago.”
“Together?” That seemed to do the trick. “You mean the two of you in one room?” Kitty’s disbelieving eyes flitted between the two Storms.

“Loft suite actually,” Ororo levered herself into a sitting position, gratefully accepting the robe that her twin out to her. “We have two rooms and are in the process of building a rather large nursery with plans to convert it into two separate rooms at a later date.”

“Two rooms?” For a second there Kitty seemed confused. However, as the realization for the need for two rooms dawned on her, so did a deep blush. ‘Of course, they would need two rooms….one for each kid.’ She also realized that while the thought of cohabitating seemed scandalous to her, even if it were for the nearly five years older Ororo, it was expected and accepted for the other one, who was if not more, at least five to six years senior to the Ororo here.

---

“What about me?” She blurted out next. “I mean, you said I am there too…and that I am on the team. How old am I? I mean the Kitty there.”
“You,” Ororo sounded from behind the changing partition. “The Kitty there, she is around seventeen and a half, in the equivalent of grade-twelve…and is on the junior team.”

“What about…” Starting to ask about her boyfriend Peter Parker, she stopped short as the door to the infirmary slid open revealing Scott, Rogue and Bobby….Grrr!!

“Oh, I hope I am not disturbing you.” Scott feigned surprise. Truth was, Jean had just about finished with the results and it was on her signal that he had come to the infirmary. The other two, well, they had been with him in the Danger Room, where Rogue was trying out her new powers. Since she absorbed Remy, for good it seemed, her own powers seemed to have disappeared, along with all the other temporary ones, leaving only Gambit’s ‘charging’ powers….along with the hereto untested and underdeveloped empathic ones. The downside to all this, apart from her still tenuous and sometimes ‘out of control’ control, was that, she now had an unwanted and seemingly permanent resident in her mind….Remy.

“Please come in. I think we are just about finished,” Ororo stepped from behind the partition. Dressed in a Xavier ‘X’ Sweat pants and shirt, she looked even more so like the other Ororo than before. Her own uniform stored in a closet of the room she had been allotted, she thanked her twin for the clothes she had rummaged for her. However, given her current condition she chose to wear loose fitting clothing.

As the small group made it out of the infirmary, heading towards the upper levels, conspicuous by his absence, from the mansion itself, was Wolverine. Disappearing soon after the meeting and the revelation about Ororo’s pregnancy, he was yet to make a return.


----

At that very moment,

“’nother one hun?” Even as she asked the question, the pleasant but slightly portly bartender pushed another set of shots down the counter.

“Hn,” was all the answer she got as the wild and entirely sex-in-leather-and-denim looking man reached forward and in one smooth swift move gulped one shot down, his other hand already reaching for the other. Three bars and almost dozen such shots, not to mention countless beers and four bathroom breaks later, Logan was still as able to feel his teeth…not to mention the words, scents…memories, that he wanted to forget…even if it were just for a few hours.

--

“…Logan and I…we are….together.”

“As in romantically involved, intimate,”

“We have been for quite some time.”

“We are going to have babies.”

“…twins.”


--

“Fuck,” the bartender and bar owner, Thelma (no Thelma-n’-Louise jokes) raised a silent eyebrow at the first non-drink word from Mr. Wild-sex-man. Twenty-three years of marriage and three kids later, she knew where she stood in the ‘sex-line up’…but, a gal can look, can’t she?

While most of the time her husband, Billy handled the bar, on Wednesday’s she was the one manning the trenches, with Billy taking a bowling-night break with his war veteran buddies. Always favoring a gossip, Thelma had to really reign herself in from heading over to Mr. Wild-man. Something about him…even without his raising an eyebrow at anyone….just seemed to flash a clear as day, ‘Stay the Fuck Away’ neon sign on his head.

However, if there was one thing that Thelma knew, that was, nine times out of ten, it had to be a girl….maybe even two, who was the cause of this ‘drink till your piss flows uncontrolled’ binge.

----

‘She’s carrying kids?’ Logan blankly stared at the now empty shot glass resting in the palm of his large hand. Rolling it between his fingers, he seemed to do the same with the thoughts that had been ailing him.

Not fifty miles away….in the same place, under the roof of the same house where he lived for a large part of the year or so, was a woman, an older version of Ororo, who was not only with him, yeah, fine, a different him. Not only was she with him…not only did she not have his scent all over her body, but was also carrying his kids….Fuck, two of them.

Although the Ororo here was not as old as the other one, but she too liked him…he knew that. Heck, even before they kissed on that roof, he had smelled her lust….her want for him. He’d neglected it, pushed it away as rebounding from blue-chubby’s croaking off. Even after they kissed, he turned away…partly because of his not wanting to take advantage of her, and even as she knew, his inability to move away and get over Jean.

‘Jean.’ Just her name was enough to set him on fire…as well as sent a razor sharp spike through his heart. ‘Jeannie….’ It was his petname for her, one that dickhead Scooter did not get to use. He had screwed up big time with Jean, first by revealing the true nature of his coming to the X-Men and then after she kicked him to the curb and cuddled with one-eye, almost killing the fucker. Even over that, his repentance split into two. One-half, the new and still nascent human part, repented at doing what he did, while the other, the ruthless killer, did so as not completing the job. If he had just flipped out a claw and run it through one-eye’s ass-wipe skull, things would have been so easy for him.

One, Jean would have been with him…She would have come around…eventually.

Two, Ororo wouldn’t have got close to him….staying away as she did when he first came to the institute.

Three, this shit wouldn’t be bugging him as much as it was.

---

“That woulda been better,” he spoke aloud as if to convince himself of his reasons.

He needed that…not only to confirm whatever his mind had spouted until now, but equally, if not more, to deny what out coming out next. Although not as loud and boisterous as his proclamations about Jean, a small, almost infinitesimal in comparison, voice squeaked in support of Ororo.

‘Jean may set ya on fire, but ‘Ro does something that even Jeannie couldna do…..’

“Gimmie another one,” he growled at the bar-chickie, as if trying to drown the voices within him.

‘She treats you like yer an actual person…not just a dick with a body attached to it.’

‘Jeannie didn’ do that either,’ the larger voice snarled in opposition.

‘Oh, yeah, then how about this…?’

--

‘…I really, really wish we’d never met you.’

‘...I do not forgive you. And I will never forget what you did.’

‘You tried to kill the man I love.’


--

‘What’s yer point?’

‘My point,’ the smaller voice gained in strength and timber. ‘Is that, Jean might light yer fire, but Ororo does that an’ something else….she calms ya, like a soothing rain over the tortured shit that’s yer life. An’….Jean loves Scooter, and as even you can see, the shithead loves her back.’

‘Jean can…me…I do….’

‘Yeah, well, maybe she can, maybe she can’t….but not as sure as hell with ya. You don’t put fire with fire, it just burns everything away. That’s why someone like Jean works with a dead-brain like Scooter. An’ as fer passion, you know you can have with ‘Ro…just get yer head outta yer…or rather outta Jeannie’s ass. Heck you just kissed her once and if it weren’t fer the time…you wouldna stopped there.’

‘Fuck off. You can’t make me like, love or want someone, just causa you say so.’

‘Yeah, well, I say so, means you say so. I am inside you….you’d lie to yerself if ya say ya don’ like the kid. Why else would ya go out and save her life? Heck why not just screw her when she came onto ya the first time? Ya did in the past. Heck ya did it with Jean…ya forced her hand.’

‘I aint’ like that anymore. Jeannie made me better,’ even as that thought came up, Logan flinched at the pro-Jean side playing into its opposition’s hand.

‘Yup, she sure did.’ And there came the chuckle. ‘That’s you fucked her, but wanted to play it safe with ‘Ro. I don’t even like you. That’s what you told her. What a load of shit that was.’

‘….’

‘You just snapped at her, ‘cause she was the closest one. You not only like her, but you, the part of you that is me, the part born out of your joining Xavier and his mutie crusade, that part looks at everyone and that part not only likes her, likes her company, but also wants her.’

‘….’

‘You…Us, an’ Jean, never gonna work. Tried it once, bombed like Nazi fuckers did at Normandy. You wanna try it again…well, that’s up to ya. Just one thing…’
‘What?’ Logan was ever more confused than before this internal conferencing began.

‘If ya don’ want her, stop yankin’ ‘Ro around.’
‘…..’

‘She sure as hell doesn’t deserve any of this shit.’


Note: Did not plan on so much UV Logan time. Will get back to the others in the next chapter…including a view of how things are going on the other side of the dimensional rift.

Spoilers: Ultimate X-Men #4, #38, #53





You must login () to review.