Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep! Damn there goes the alarm clock Ororo thinks before actually opening her eyes. She turns over to see the back of her husband breathing deeply. Wonders what time he got in she thinks to herself.
She gets up and looks at the clock 5:30a.m.. “Well I better get up and get breakfast ready.” She walks to the bathroom and turns on the shower and steps in. She winces once the water touches her back then she remembers. “Damn I forgot about last night!” This time he really put it on me and I didn’t even say anything about him going out this time. The beating all came back to her blow by blow. Thank gods he waited before pounding her til after Kendall went to bed.

After getting out of the shower she carefully dries off and puts on her nurse’s uniform. She then proceeds to the kitchen after waking Kendall and telling her to go and wash up to put on her school clothes. She starts to fix breakfast and then she feels someone behind her. “Oh you, startled me Victor” almost dropping the frying pan of bacon.
“Are you afraid of me or something? Why would I scare you?”
Sensing if she said the wrong thing would come a slap. “No I was just thinking of waking you and you just suddenly are there.”
Accepting that “Oh really, where’s my Princess is she getting ready?”
“Yes” watching the eggs so they won’t burn wondering if this is the right time to ask a question but decides against it.

“Do you have a busy day today?” Sitting down when Kendall comes into the breakfast room. “Hi mommy and daddy.” Kendall says smiling.
“Hello baby” her daddy says as he picks her up and puts her in her chair. “Yes Ororo I do have a busy day so don’t wait on eating dinner. I have a big case coming up in a couple of weeks. Why?” as he drinks his coffee.
“ Well I was wondering if you would pick up Kendall from school so I can work some overtime at the hospital. Noticing the look on his face she explains “Emma’s tuition is coming up and I have to pay it.”
“No, I can’t pick her up. As I have told you a million times that spoiled brat needs to get a job and help out with the tuition.”

Sensing another argument and beating her quickly says “Never mind I understand what you are saying.” She changes the subject “Kendall do you have everything you need for school?”
“Yes mommy, but we have to stop at the store to get my paper.”
“Oh yeah I forgot well let’s get a move on before we are both late!” Kendall rushes off to her room and Ororo hurries to clean up the kitchen when she feels Victor behind her. He puts his hand on her shoulders and squeezes them tightly “I am truly sorry for last night you know not to bother me when I have my mind on something else.” He tries to kiss her on the neck her most vulnerable spot.
“Don’t forget to pick up the tickets for the ball next week I have to be there.”

“All-right Victor I won’t forget, and your dinner will be in the microwave when you come home.” As she pulls away from him, he catches her arm. “Hey I want to be pleased by my wife right now come here!”
“Victor I can’t. I got to drop off Kendall and get to work.” His grip tightens on her arm.
“Do what I say!” with anger in his eyes.
“Victor please don’t do this while Kendall is here!” she pleads with him.
“Wait here Ororo I will take care of Kendall and oh you better call in to work today.” Scared of what will happen next she does what she was told to do and calls in to work.
Patricia, a plump little dark chocolate woman, hears the ring. I wonder who is calling in to work today. These young people have no pride in coming to work these days she thinks to herself.
“Hello” she answers politely with a smile.
“Hi Patricia it’s Ororo.”
“Oh hi Ororo what’s up?”

“I won’t be coming in to work today. Kendall is sick.”
“Oh the poor dear what’s wrong?”
“She has a fever and a runny nose so I thought I better keep her home.”
“Okay I hope she feels better.” After hanging up her phone. She starts to think the little rich bitch she could just quit and give her job to someone else who needs a job.
Victor returns from taking Kendall to school and quickly grabs her by the arms and pulls her to the bedroom.

Meanwhile, pulling into an empty space at the hospital Dr. James Logan rushes to get to an elevator so he can start his rounds. Late again he thinks I am gonna have to get the locks changed today! Last night while he was sleeping off a 36-hour shift he was awaken by his ex-girlfriend Mariko. “Damn how can I get rid of that psycho bitch?”
“Talking to yourself again, James.” James turned around to be greeted by his best friend Dr. Remy Lebeau. These two have been best friends since freshman year of college.
“Yeah Mariko came by last night to talk.” Skipping on the seducing part.
“Yeah right!” Remy joking with him.
“Hey I thought you were off today?”
“I was but my favorite nurse called out today so I’ve got to finish up some reports that she was going to finish for me.”
“Are you talking about Ororo?”
“Yeah, Kendall’s sick so she called out today.”
They both get off the elevator and proceed to their office they share together.
“Remy what is your entire history with Ororo?”

“Hold on bud she is a married woman.”
“I know but why does she even work when she really doesn’t have to?”
“She’s trying to put her sister Emma through school and her damn husband won’t help her.”
“What’s his problem?” James asks.
“I really don’t know but me and Ororo grew up together in New Orleans. Her parents died when she was ten and her guardian raised her. We got to be good friends all through school and we tried to go out but she was very high maintenance and you know me I cheated and got caught. But we both went on to Northwestern and remained friends.”
“Yes I do but when you introduced me to her she was going with that jerk Victor then.”

“Yeah you’ve had a crush on her since haven’t you?” Remy shakes his head.
Remy smiles “So James what’s on your agenda today?” James not listening to Remy thinks back on when he first met Ororo.
In comes this beautiful pecan goddess 5'6 long slender legs, big bust, a nice butt, and long sleek white hair, a product from her. He instantly fell for her when he saw her that night.
“James earth to James!” Remy said snapping his fingers.
“Oh sorry what?” James said jerking his head around to seeing a smiling Remy.
“Thinking about Ororo again huh?”
“Well” scratching his head “yes thinking of the first time I saw her. Why did she marry that idiot husband of hers?”

“Because she was pregnant and wanted a family with him.”
Just then a call comes over the intercom.” Paging Dr. Lebeau call 636. Paging Dr. Lebeau call 636.”
“Well I better get that.” He picks up the phone.

Ororo eases herself into a hot bath after rough sex with Victor. “Oh God help me get out of this!” she softly screams.
The phone rings, and she gets out of the bath and picks it up.
“Hello.”
“What took you so long to answer the phone?”
“Oh hi Emma what’s up?”
“Nothing just doing my weekly checkup. How’s my favorite niece doing?”
“She’s fine. How about yourself?”

“I’m fine hey my tuition check needs to be in next Friday.”
“Okay it will be there. Let me get off the phone I’ve gotta go pick up Kendall from school.”
“Okay sis see you soon.”
She checks her messages on her cell phone. She has two messages one from Remy and another from her friend Marie. She decides to call Remy first.
“Hello James is Remy in the office, this is Ororo.”
“He just left how’s Kendall?”
“She’s alright. How are you?”
“I’m fine I will tell Remy that you called is there anything wrong?”
“No I was just returning his phone call if you see him tell him I will be at the hospital tomorrow if he needs me.”

“I will hey what’s wrong?” James sensing something in her voice.
“Oh Nothing just tired that’s all.”
“Hey when’s the last time you had a check up?”
“Last year sometime why?”
“Maybe its time you need another one.”
“I’ll think about making an appointment.”
“You do that alright.”
She hangs up the phone and waves at Kendall waiting on the curb for her.
“Hello Mrs. Creed, Kendall was very good in class today as always.” her teacher Miss Grey said.

Miss Grey was a very thin and tall what some would say a white bombshell. She was a very good teacher but had a special favorite pet and that was Kendall. When she saw Mr. and Mrs. Victor Creed at the parent teachers’ conference, her eyes focused on Mr. Creed. She wanted him badly and was determined to get him anyway she could.

Victor sat at his big desk after finishing a long lunch hour with Michelle, his partners secretary. To Victor a long lunch meant main course sex, dessert more sex ,drink sex then may be a sandwich on the way back to the office. He couldn’t remember the last time he had not done this routine. Just then his partner Sam walked in.
“Damn Victor I do need my secretary sometime.”
“Sorry Sam she’s just so appetizing some times.” smiling his two million dollar smile.
“Well when are you gonna stop this l like Ororo, Victor if you don’t want her let her go.” sensing he hit a nerve. He turns to walk away.

“Hey, Sam do not involve yourself in my personal relationship again. Ororo if you don’t know is just for appearances only. She tricked me into marriage by getting pregnant. She knows how I was before I married her so she shouldn’t expect me to change should she?”
“Victor you are a cold cold man.” Sam says as he walks out of the office. “Just remember most of the business we get here is because of your marriage to Ororo and nothing else.” he closes the door behind him.
As much as he hated what Sam said the realized that it was the truth. Being from a distinguish family like the Munroe’s of Munroe Pharmaceuticals help his career in more ways than one.
His phone rings and he hears his secretary’s voice telling him of the call.
“Hello Ms. Grey how are you?”

“Hey babe um I’m just confirming our dinner date tonight at seven.”
“Yeah I will be there around six to pick you up alright?”
“That will be fine. See you then.”
After he hangs up the phone he reminisces about the times he has spent with Kendall’s teacher. Just thinking about it has made him hard as a rock he has never felt this way about a woman except for Ororo earlier when they started to date. But this woman was asking him something the other women have never asked and that was to give up his life with Ororo and marry her. He really cared for Jean but give up the life he was accustomed to in no way possible in the future.

Back at the hospital James sees Remy and remembers the message that Ororo left.

“Hey Remy Ororo called and said if you needed her she will be here tomorrow. Hey is she alright?”
“As far as I know she is fine why?”
“She didn’t sound well on the phone I suggested she might go and have a checkup.” with concern in his voice.
“She’s probably tired don’t worry.”
“Hey about dinner tonight I might be a little late.” he says after a nurse walks by.
‘Why is that?”
“I’ve gotta go and pick up my car and drop off these charts off for Ororo to finish for me.”
“Well don’t forget to meet me at the Green Cabaret for dinner. If you want why don’t I take you to pick up your car?”
“No that won’t me necessary hey you could do me a real big favor and drop these off by Ororo’s for me?”

He takes the charts “Sure I’ll take them for you don’t forget 7:00 tonight.”
They both go off in different directions. It will make his day when he sees her bright smile. He always makes a point to talk to her. “Man you have to get your mind off of her she is happily married.” he thought as he walked down the corridor to his patient’s room.

Later that day while leaving the office Remy reminds James about the charts and they leave the hospital. Ororo is preparing dinner for her and Kendall when the phone rings.
“Hello.”
“Hello Ororo. Just wanted to remind you that I will be late getting home tonight so don’t wait up.” Victor says with Jean sitting beside him in the car.

“I didn’t forget. How’s your case coming along?” hearing a woman’s’ voice in the background.
“It’s fine well I gotta go.” pulling up to the restaurant.
“Victor when is she gonna wise up and leave you?” Jean says.
“When I tell her it’s over, Jean. Right now I’m not ready to leave I have to leave when the timing is right.”
“But Victor when will that be?”
“Hey Jean lets not talk about that right now let’s just go and have a good time. Remember I’m here with you and not her.” satisfied with his answer Jean relaxes and gets out of the car.

James pulls his car in front of the white Greek mansion of Ororo and Victor. He thinks of his mediocre four bedroom home. “What do I have to offer her when she has all of this.” he walks up to the door and rings the doorbell.
“Oh hello” as he looks down and sees two big beautiful grey eyes looking up at him.
“Hello hold on I’ll get my mommy.” she skips down the hallway. A minute later he sees Ororo dressed in an oversized sweatshirt and jean shorts.
“Oh hi James come in.” he steps into the house.
“Well I just dropped off some charts for Remy.” handing her the charts. He looks around the immaculate home.
“I was just in the kitchen follow me.” As she puts down the charts on the table she leads James to the kitchen.
“So you were being nice huh. Was Remy running late or was he chasing some little nurse around the hospital?”
“Running late” smiling “we are suppose to be meeting for dinner tonight but I don’t know now.”

“Well maybe you should call before going to the restaurant just in case he got tied up with someone.” she said.
“I might do that we all know how Remy is, so how are you feeling?”
Looking at James she wishes her lips were kissing his nice full lips. His beautiful grey eyes against his tanned skin makes him look like a Greek god. She takes every bit of him in and sees his sharp features of is face. Snapping out of the trance he has put her under. Kendall walks in while he makes a phone call to Remy.
“Mommy can I have some more juice.” tapping on Ororo’s back she winces in pain James sees the reaction on her face.
“Here honey” as she places the juice in her hand “go upstairs and play until I call you.” she lets out a sigh.

“Ororo what is wrong with you?’ hoping he did not see the pain in her eyes she turns around.
“Nothing why do you ask?” James slowly walks up to Ororo and turns her around and looks into her eyes.
“There’s something in your eyes let me see.” he slowly touches her back and sees the reaction on her face. “Turn around.” as she turns she breaks out crying.
“Ororo what is wrong?” when he lifts her shirt he sees the bruises and cuts on her back he feels all the rage in him surface. “What in the hell!”

“Please don’t say anything James to Remy.”
“Who in the hell did this to you? Why did you let him do this? Is this why you didn’t come in to work today?”

“Yes James but it was my fault I asked too many questions and he got angry with me.”
“That is no excuse Ororo go and get some things packed for you and Kendall I’m not leaving you here like this!”
“I can’t leave James he’s my husband.”
“Yes you can why in the hell would you want to stay?”
“Because he is my husband James, don’t you understand? He is my husband.” she cries in his big muscular arms. Tears soak in his blue shirt hitting his broad chest.
“No husband should do this to the woman he loves Ororo don’t you understand?”
“James I don’t know if the loves me or not but I do know he makes a good home for us.”

“What does that matter Ororo when he’s beating you? Does Remy know about this?” he turns to get his cell phone.
“James no please do not call Remy. I have to make plans to leave.”
“Plans what plans?” he looks at her.
“Come sit down, see I have wanted out of this marriage from the start but I had Kendall and I know what it is like to not have a whole family. After what happened last year I knew I had to leave him no matter what.” James turns to Ororo.
“Ororo he could kill you while all of this beating is taking place something could get out of hand. Wait a minute what happened last year?” he looks into her eyes she quickly looks away.

“He totally lost it one night and beat me til I was unconsince it took a while for me to regain conscience he was sitting on the bed beside me crying when I woke up swearing he wasn’t gonna do this to me again. I knew right then I had to leave but it just wasn’t time yet.”
“When is the right time Ororo?”
“Soon James soon. Please don’t tell Remy about this.”
“I can’t make any promises. Ororo please you and Kendall can come stay with me if you don’t have anywhere else to go please I can’t leave you here.”
“James this is something I must face alone please don’t tell anyone I will figure out a way.”
“Let me give you some money and you can go and get a hotel room tonight please.” looking deep in her golden eyes.
“No thanks James I will be alright. No go on your meeting with Remy.”
“How can I leave you here?”
While pulling away from him “Easy please leave.”
He Munroe’s out of the house and speeds out of the driveway on his way he calls Remy.

”Hey Remy change of plans meet me at my house ASAP its about Ororo.”
“What’s wrong you sound upset.” hailing a taxi.
“It’s Ororo I can’t talk over the phone please met me at home.”
James pulls into his driveway and fixes himself a drink and plops down on his couch. He hears the phone ringing and goes to answer it.
“Hello.”
“Hello James I didn’t think you would be there I was just going to leave you a message.”
“Well I’m not feeling like eating now. What’s wrong?”
“I know what you’re thinking James but I will be alright don’t worry okay.”
“I will always worry hey someone is at the door I’ve gotta go.”
“Okay bye.”

She hangs up the phone and Kendall enters the room.
“Mommy are we going to eat now.”
“Right now baby right now. Come sit down.”
“Mommy where’s daddy?”
“He’s working late honey now eat.”
After Kendall is finished she tucks her into bed and washes the dishes then prepares to go to bed. Later at James’s he had just finished telling Remy what he saw.
“I’m telling you Remy she had black and blue bruises all over her back some look like they were days old some looked new.”
“And you just left her there James!”
“She threw me out, she said she had some plan and she was not ready to leave yet.”
“Well let me go and see if I can convince her.” James gabs his arm “Man get off me!” Remy screams at James.

“Look she won’t leave I told her to come here and stay with me. Maybe with the talk we had she will come over let’s just let her make up her mind.”
“I thought you cared about her James.”
“I do but we don’t want her to runaway we want to help her right?”
“Right that’s why I’m going over to get her and Kendall!”
“Wait let’s just let her come to us because if we don’t she will just go back over and over to him. Remember my sister Christina?”
“Yes oh I’m sorry man. I forgot you have dealt with this before.”

“Yeah no matter how many times we went and forced her to come with us she always went back to him until he beat her so no one will ever recognized her again and she won’t even know the people who come and see her every Sunday, her parents.”
“Man I’m sorry, so what do we do now?”
“We talk to her let her know we are here for support. Do you think her sister knows?”
“Probably no Emma and Ororo are not really close like sister should be.”
“But she’s paying her way through school.”
“Because she fells obligated to do so she is a product of an affair her father had she was born 5 months after his death.”
“So what does that have to do with anything.”
“Around the time Ororo started to work here comes this woman with a 18 year old Emma and tells Ororo how this was her dad’s child also and he must have left something in his will for her also.”
“Will what will?”

“Oh I didn’t tell you Ororo is a multimillionaire, her father owned a Pharmaceutical company.”
“A what?”
“A pharmaceutical company she still owns 57% of the company. This woman does not have to work.”
“I can’t believe this, why is she staying there with this jerk?”
“It must be something legal. Didn’t she say she had a plan?”
“Yeah she did, I wonder what it is?”
“Well I know he can’t get the company because he signed a prenup agreement before marrying her, that was a must.”
“This does not make any sense as to why she had to work to pay for her sister’s tuition! It must be something legal. I’ll ask her tomorrow.” Remy turns to leave “Hey man thanks for telling me.”

“I’m worried about her too Remy we will both help her and Kendall anyway we can.”
“Thanks.” Remy leaves.
Ororo was in a light sleep when she hears the door close to one thirty a.m. and she thinks that must be one hell of a case he is working on. She turns over to face the window. Her mind wonders on James and the hurt he had on his face when he left she can still fell his massive arms surrounding her while he consoled her. Victor bumps into the files in the foyer area. He wonders who’s been in the house. His temper flares as he enters the bedroom and turns on the light. He grabs Ororo out of the bed and violently shakes her and pulls her onto the floor.
“Who in the hell did you have in this house while I wasn’t here!” startled she screams.

“Victor no! Please don’t hit me it was Dr. James he was just dropping some files off for me to finish for Remy!”
Slapping her “I told you no one is to be here when I am no here! Understand me!” as he strikes her chest. He then hits her in the stomach “Why do you make me do this to you!”
She tries to fight back by jumping back on him, but her one hundred and thirty pounds is no match for his one ninety. He quickly grabs her around her neck and punches her face.

“Please Victor go back to that woman! Please stop hitting me!” But he loses all control. Before because he did not want anyone to see the bruises he hit her only on her back and arms but now he just keeps punching her trying to hurt her in the worst possible way. Until he realizes she is not moving or sobbing anymore he looks down and sees her limp body slide to the floor. Just then he hears a soft cry and he turns around to see Kendall there in her nightgown crying.
“Daddy what’s wrong with Mommy?”
“On she isn’t feeling well she will be alright come on Princess let’s just go back to bed.”
He carries her back to bed and then he returns to the bedroom and he still sees that she hasn’t moved from the floor he checks to see if she is still breathing. He places her back in the bed and takes a shower then races over to the office apartments that they keep for special clients.
“Damn it Victor you should not have lost your cool son.” his father Michael Creed says.
“Dad I know but what am I going to do?”
“In the morning you going back over there with flowers and a special gift for her and Kendall do you hear me!”
“Yes dad.”

“You are going to have to make this up to her remember the practice is not doing well and you love the money son so do me and your mother.”
“Yes dad.” he hangs up the phone and relaxes. Being a bully is not in his nature but its in his fathers.
Kendall walks back into her parent’s bedroom and sees her mother in bed but does not see her daddy. She proceeds to go and wake up her mommy when she sees the blood. She starts to cry but she knows what to do. She looks for numbers and calls Dr. James first because he is first on the list.
“Hello” she hears a sleepy mans voice answers the phone.
“Hello my name is Kendall Creed I live at 245 Chestwood Lane and my mommy is hurt.”

“Kendall hey this is Dr. James” he turns on a lamp “I met you earlier today what’s wrong?” he gets up and starts to put on some clothes.
“Mommy is bleeding and she’s making a funny groaning sound but she won’t open her eyes.”
He panics “Okay Kendall hang up the phone when I ring the doorbell answer it okay?”
“Okay.” she hangs up the phone and she waits to hear the doorbell ring. When she hears it she runs down to answer it.
“Hello Dr. James, mommy is in the bedroom.” he looks into the eyes of Kendall and he feels some kind of connection with her but he can’t place it.
“Kendall please answer the door when Dr. Remy comes in okay.”
“Is mommy alright?” with tears in her eyes.
“Yes she will be fine baby but please go in your room and listen out for the door.” he kisses her forehead and heads toward the bedroom.
“Okay.”

James rushes over to Ororo and he checks for a pulse. “Good she has one” he thinks.
“Ororo” he says gently touching her arm “Ororo please answer me its James.” she responds by moaning.
“James what are you doing here?” she tries to turn her head “Why is my head throbbing, what’s wrong?”
“You tell me Ororo are you feeling where I am touching you? Does that hurt?”
“Yes I feel that what’s wrong? Why are you here?” as she tries to get out of bed.
“Good well nothing is broken. Ororo why did you let it go this far? Remy will be over here in a minute.”
“It’s just some bruises on my back, that’s all.”

“You don’t remember come lets go in the bathroom.” he gently picks her up and carries her into the bathroom. She turns and looks at herself in the mirrors.
“Oh my God! He promised me not to do this! He promised me! James please help me!” she slowly slides to the floor and James picks her up and holds her. Victor had beaten her face so much so that she had a busted lip, two black eyes, and a cut on her left cheek and her neck and arms had bruises all over them. James fells her head and she winces in pain when he touches the knot on her head.
“Ouch James!”
“Do you want to go to the hospital or call the police?”
“I don’t want either on please James.....”
The doorbell rings and Kendall goes to answer it.
“Hey sweet cheeks where’s your mommy and James?”

“In mommy’s bedroom.” grabbing Remy’s arm.
“Come on let’s go see what’s wrong.”
“Okay.” she raises her arms for him to pick her up.
“Where’s your dad at baby?"
“He left I think he was here because he put me in the bed. But he is not in the room with mommy.” she explains her eyes filled with tears.
Remy looks at her and gently hugs her “It’s alright baby.”
He carries Kendall into the bedroom when he sees Ororo’s face he goes enraged with anger. He puts Kendall in her room and rushes back to Ororo and James.
“What in the hell happened!” he says as he rushes over to the bed.
“He beat her all over, but she will be okay. I just want to get her out of here.”

“Okay I will get Kendall ready.”
Finally speaking “Hey isn’t anyone gonna ask me what I want?”
James responds “Let’s just face it Ororo I’m gonna pack you some clothes and you and Kendall will be staying with me for a while alright? Remy and me will not leave you here do you understand!” feeling as if she had been defeated she just lays back onto her pillow and sighs then she starts to cry.
“Alright James let me get up and get some things packed.” he helps her up.

The next morning Victor wakes up to the alarm going off. “Damn what time is it?” he looks over “Nine-thirty well I overslept. I know she won’t be going to work today not after the way I pounded her in the face. Victor why did you lose control like that. This is gonna take some serious make up and a lot of begging.” he gets up and takes a shower “damn my hand still hurts.” he looks at his hand “I hope I didn’t break anything. I wonder how her face is?” he puts on his clothes and goes to buy some roses and to the jewelry store. “I hope this will satisfy her.” he says as he walks out of the jewelry store.

Chapter 2
James enters the bedroom where Kendall is sleeping he can’t explain why he feels drawn to this little girl but it’s something there.
“Hey Kendall you’re up already?”
“Yea” she smiles and her eyes light up.
“Alright then let’s get ready for school okay?”
She jumps out of bed but she gets a funny look on her face, James smiles as he sees her face.
“Dr. James is mommy okay?”

James goes and picks her up.
“Yeah she is. Is that what’s worrying you?”
“Yeah, when are we going back home?”
“I don’t know yet. Let’s get you ready fro school and we will stop at a bakery to get you something sweet. How does that sound?”
Her eyes had a sparkle to them as her mouth curls up on the edges “Alright but I wanna see mommy before I leave.”

“She’s sleeping right now hon but we will call her when we are on our way.” satisfied with his answer he goes to the bathroom to get ready. James walks down the hall to check on Ororo. He sees her long sleek white hair spread over the pillow and her pecan skin glowing in the sunlight. He glances at the two mounds that rise and fall with each breath she takes. After he and Remy worked on her face it didn’t look as bad today but she will still be in pain for quite a while. He felt a surge in his body to protect this woman at all cost. If only she knew he has loved her for eight long years. James wanted to caress her smooth skin and kiss her from head to toe and make love to her until their bodies burned from the hot passionate love they created. James noticed coming from his dream Ororo was looking at him smiling.
“What are you smiling at Ororo?” looking at her with his piercing gray eyes.
“You might want to go and take a cold shower before you burst through your shorts.” she thinks as she looks down at him. Ororo thought my god this man is gorgeous those nice gray eyes that tanned smooth skin his riot of black curls cut on his head. His massive arms and legs she want those wrapped around her body. She couldn’t believe that she wanted him this bad.

“Ororo your face looks good this morning. I’m taking Kendall to school and I will be back in thirty minutes okay. We need to talk.”
“But James you don’t have to I can take her.” she tries to get out of bed and James rushes over to her.
“Hey don’t even think about it. Just lay back in bed and I will be back shortly.” he kisses he forehead. Both feel a surging heat between them with Ororo recuperating first.
“Okay James, I can at least fix you some breakfast.”
“Honey I’m bringing breakfast to you.”
Not realizing what he just called her he strides out the door.
Later Victor arrives home with a bouquet of roses and an expensive diamond bracelet. He thinks what he needs to say.

“Ororo baby where are you?”
He runs to the bedroom to check her where abouts. Looking at his watch he thinks she must have taken Kendall to school but its late I wonder where she is. Victor’s mind starts to race he reaches for the phone.
“Michael Creed please.”
“Dad!”
“Victor what’s wrong?”
“I can’t find her she is not here!”
“How bad did you hurt her?”
“I don’t think it was that bad she was gonna feel worse this morning.”
“Where’s Kendall?”
“She is at school but I don’t know where Ororo could be. Both cars are here.”
“Well that means she is at someone’s house.”
“But who could that be?”

Just then, James rides past Ororo’s house he was going over to pick up some more clothes but he saw Victor’s car and decides against it. It took all the strength he had not to stop but he knew Ororo would get upset if he did beat up Victor. When he arrived at his home, he realized that Ororo was in his home waiting for him. A smile went from ear to ear.

He enters his home and hears a honey drip voice singing upstairs he goes to put breakfast down and heads to the sweet singing voice that is emanating from the guest bathroom. He pauses at the door which is slightly ajar and takes in the sweet jasmine smell that comes from there. He hears the old R&B tune pouring from her velvety throat. James feels his pleasure spot about to burst from his shorts again so he steals away from the door and thinks about doing a rhinoplasty which calms him down. He hears the water shut off and he finishes setting out breakfast and yells upstairs to her.
“Hey Ororo I’m back do you want to come down for breakfast or do you want me to bring it up?”
“I’m coming down.” she looks in her bag and laughs at what James and Remy packed for her. She finally finds something that matches and walks downstairs. Ororo realizes she must tell James everything. When she walks into the kitchen she sees James in a white muscle shirt and tight blue jeans desperately trying to squeeze fresh orange juice.
“Here let me help you.”
“I got it! I got it! Please sit down I want to have a look at your face before we eat.”

James looks at her and being just inches from her his heart starts to pound faster. He thinks surely she can hear my heart beating like this. James checks her “Do you feel any pain here?”
“Just a little its not bad though.”
“Well you should be completely by the end of the week.”
Ororo grabs his hands “Thank you James for all that you have done for me.”
“There’s no need for you to thank me...”
She puts her finger to his lips “I feel as if I should come clean with everything.”
He looks into her eyes and wonders why a man would do this to a beautiful woman. He wipes his hands on his jeans and directs her to a chair.
“Come what’s all this about?” breathing a heavy sigh she looks at him wondering if she should tell him this.

“James the reason why I didn’t leave Victor is that when we got married the stipulation on the prenup he signed was that he will get half of what I was worth if I divorced him during a certain period of time..”
“What the hell are you talking about you took all this damn abuse because of you fucking money!”
Seeing the hurt in his eyes “James listen to me!”
James had gotten up and turned his back to her. She got up and touched his massive shoulders she felt him tense but he relaxed at her touch. James felt the touch and wanted so desperately to pull her in his arms but something kept him from doing it.
“Please listen it’s not me that I was worried about nor the money he can have all of it. I know he does love Kendall and she loves him. I wanted my marriage to work because of Kendall.”
James turns to see her face covered in tears and he gently wipes them away. He pulls her in his arms.

“Don’t cry ‘Ro I know you loved him.” hoping that only loved him and not still in love with him. “But ‘Ro please don’t go back to him please.”
“James I don’t know what to do but go back my lawyers are trying to draw up the papers for a divorce but they don’t want to alert him before it is time.”
“You can stay here don’t go back.” he grasps her into his arms. She can feel his heartbeat.
“You are so kind James but we can’t intrude on you.” he pulls back hoping on this chance of a lifetime.
“Kendall and you are not intruding please stay here with me this house is so empty with just me.” she sat back down considering her options.
“James I really have money to get us somewhere to stay.”

“Hey look I really want you to.” his insides told him that she would say yes. Ororo knew she could not say no to those gorgeous grey eyes.
“Alright if you don’t mind.” she looks around the kitchen “Well the first thing I need to do is get more clothes for Kendall and Kendall. I don’t mean any harm but the clothes Remy and you packed aren’t exactly fashion conscience.” laughing at James.
“Okay look we were in a hurry are you thinking of going back to the house?”
“Yes I’m gonna have to.” she suddenly feels the heat coming from him. She tries to move quickly upstairs. James reaches out to grab her arm and Ororo puts her hands up.
“Hey you will never have to worry about me laying my hands on you never.” as he cups her face.
“I know but James you don’t know what it was like always having my guard up.” he sees her eyes mist up.

“Hey let’s not dwell on it look when I passed by your house this morning I saw Victor’s car home.”
“Oh what possessed you to drive by this morning?”
“I was gonna try and get you some more decent clothes but he was home. I don’t think you need to go there alone.”
“I can’t run forever James I’ve got to settle this.” she starts to think “I’m going to the lawyers this morning first but I’ve gotta go and get my car. Let me go and call a cab.” she pulls away from him and his heart aches for her.
“Hey I’m off today I will volunteer my services to you for the day.” he gives her his boyish smile and she realizes she can’t say no.
“Let me think on it while I’m upstairs.” she runs upstairs without letting him respond.

God what is happening to me Ororo thinks. This man has to have his own life with a female in it yet he wants to devote his time to Kendall and me. I can’t get attached and dependent on him I just got out of an awful relationship and I don’t think I need to jump into another one. She picks up the phone to place four phone calls.
“Marie Matthews please.”
“Just one moment.” she hears the elevator music play and then a click.
“This is Marie Matthews.”
“Hey Marie its me ‘Ro.” she hears Marie gasp on the phone.
“Hi mom I can’t talks right now it seems something has happened to Ororo and Victor and me are trying to put our heads together to find her.” wondering what the hell is going on she realizes what Marie is telling her.

“Okay Marie tell him anything but just to let you know me and Kendall are fine we are at a friends house I want you to call me on my cell phone after he leaves bye.”
“Alright mom I will call you back when we get some info I’m sure she’s alright don’t worry mom.”

They hang with each other. Ororo is worried as to what he has been doing lately. She immediately call the lawyers and makes an appointment in thirty minutes. ‘Ro knows the neighbors will tell Victor that she was there if they see her so she decides to let James drive her around. She goes downstairs dressed in a pink velvet jumpsuit in which the pants are hip huggers when she sees that James has changed into some jeans and a nice blue polo shirt. When he turns around to see her his heart nearly stopped, he could not believe even with all the slight bruises on her face she was still beautiful he wanted her. He knew she would be his lover, wife and the mother of their children. When Ororo looked at James and saw his gaze upon her she had wished that all her problems would go away. She wanted his arms to wrap themselves around her one more time but they didn’t have time for that right now.
“Earth to Ororo. Earth to Ororo.”
He was laughing at her.
“Huh?”
Her eyes were gazing into his beautiful grey eyes.
“Where’s your head at? Where are we going to?”
“Oh!”
Coming back to her senses.
“Well I have to go to the lawyer’s office first.”
“Well let’s get a move on then.”
They head outside and get into his classy BMW.

While at the lawyers she visits her favorite attorney of Brown, Michelson and Xavier, Charles Xavier he was a friend of her fathers and her guardian who raised her so she trusted him.
“Do you want me to sit out here?”
James says.
“No please come in with me.”
She grabs his arm.
They walk into Xavier’s office and she gently takes off her scarf.
“My, my, my what was so urgent Ororo?”
Charles asks then he sees her face.
“Who in the hell did this to you Ororo!”
He roars, he quickly comes around his desk to look at her face.
“Charles it’s not that as bad as it looks.”
“The hell it isn’t Ororo! Did Victor do this to you!”
She shakes her head yes.
“Damn him this time are you going to leave!”
“Yes Charles the time is not.”

She plops into the leather chair and turns her head toward James.
“Charles this is my dearest friend Dr. James Logan.”
He extends his hand out to James.
“Hello Dr. Logan it’s nice to meet you, but I wished it was under better circumstances.”
“I wish it was too. Kendall called last night and I went over to find her badly beaten.”
“Listen Charles how soon can we get everything together?”
She massages her temples.
“Well how soon do you want it?”
Charles pulls out her file.
“By the end of the day Charles.”
She shrugs her shoulders.
“Ororo I don’t know if I can have all of it together by today.”

“Look Charles I want the petition for custody of Kendall and divorce ASAP can you do that Charles?”
She looks him in the eyes.
“That can be done by today. Just remember the business and other assets will be unavailable by tomorrow.”
“The credit cards and the cars can that be shut down now?”
“I would not advise that but I see about the credit cards but cars no.”
He says as he looks into her file.
“So what do you advise her to do now?”
James asks curiously. Her head aches and her body aches all over the room is spinning she tries to get her bearings. The gentlemen do not see her.
“Well I certainly do not advise going back to the house right now.”

They both look at Ororo and James sees the color has drained from her face. He quickly goes over to her, gently cupping her face with his smooth hands he looks deep into her eyes.
“Ororo are you alright? Here lay down on the couch.”
He guides her onto the couch.
“James I’m alright I just need to get out of here.”
“Charles can you have the necessary papers delivered to my home today? They are staying with me here’s my address.”
He quickly writes down his address.
“Yes I will I want you to call me later on today Ororo.”
“Alright Charles.”

They go down to the car and he quickly drives home. As they enter the house, she runs to the bathroom and as soon as she get on the toilet, she feels a warm gush. She wipes and sees what she already suspects she will see blood. She looks in the toilet and sees the fetus in the bowl. Her mind races and she calls out to James and her runs into the bathroom.
“What’s wrong?”
She collapses in his arms that when he sees the blood coming from her.
“Oh my god we have got to get you to the hospital now Ororo.”
She grabs his arm.
“No James no it will subside please no we can handle this.”
“Baby we have to run some tests on you he could have done some internal damage.”
“No I’m fine I just need to rest.”
He picks her up and their lips gently pass over each other. James feels as if his body is on fire.

“Baby let’s get you cleaned up and then you can rest. I will go and pick up Kendall.”
As they climb into the shower stall together. She turns into his arms and he tries to give her a shower without thinking about her naked body against his clothed body. After her shower he takes, her to bed and when he gets her settled she caresses his face.
“Thank you James for everything.”
A tear escapes her eye and falls down her cheek. He reaches for her face and wipes it away.
“You are welcomed for everything.”
Chapter 3
Victor was pacing the floor trying to think where she could be. I have to find her he thinks.
He places a call to Dr. Remy Lebeau.
“Yes may I please talk to Dr. Lebeau please.”
“Yes one moment please.”

He thumbs his fingers on the counter while he waits.
“Hello this is Dr. Lebeau how may I help you.”
“Remy this is Victor.”
Remy balls his fist tightly.
“Hello Victor how may I help you?”
“Look um you haven’t seen Ororo today have you?”
Remy could hear the fear in his voice and at that second he wanted to jump through the phone and put his hands around his throat and choke him to death.
“Seen Ororo? No I haven’t seen her in a day or two but I have talked to her earlier this morning about some charts she was working on for me why?”
Damn Victor says to himself.
“Did she say if she was coming in today?”
“No she didn’t say why is there something wrong?”
“No there isn’t well I’ve got to go thank you.”
Victor hears the doorbell and goes to answer it and sees Charles standing in front of him.
“Hello Charles come in.”
Charles comes in and takes off his hat.
“What can I do for you Charles? Ororo is not here.”
Charles clears his throat.
“Well son I know Ororo is not here she came to see me today.”
“She did where is she now?”
Charles could hear the fear in his voice.
“Victor you could be a great lawyer if you didn’t let your temper get the best of you.”
“What did that lying bitch tell you!”
Victor says as he moves closer to Charles.
“Wait a minute I have known Ororo since she was a little girl I don’t want to ever hear you call her that again! Look I just came by to give you these papers she had drawn up for you.”
He hands the petitions over to Victor who grasped them. Victor reads over the documents and he feels his anger level rise a few more degrees. ‘If she thinks she is leaving me she has another thing coming damn her!’
“I know she’s not trying to leave me?’ he says looking at Charles. ‘What the hell is she thinking she can’t leave me!”
“Look son its over just accept it. She’s trying to make a better life for her and Kendall so let her! Read the petitions carefully and be smart and follow the rules. Victor after what I have seen of the damage you done to her face you better understand me!”
“She told you I did that! What a fucking lie! I have not touched her. Do you honestly believe I would do that!”
Charles turns and puts on his hat to leave but before he does he says.
“Son I suggest you leave this home before tomorrow I’m giving you twenty-four hours to be gone and listen I don’t’ want nothing broken or no one harmed while you pack. Good day to you Victor.”
He closes the door.
Victor’s mind was raging he just didn’t know what he was going to do. So he called his father dreading every minute of the conversation.
“Hello father we have a problem. You have to come over here now.”
“What’s the problem? Has she come back yet?”
“No that’s the problem but you have to come over now!”
“Alright son me and your mother will be there soon.”
He gets another call while his is waiting on his parents.
“Yes this Victor Creed.”
“Hi honey its me Jean.”
“What in the hell are you calling me here for Jean?”
Starting to pout “Well I just thought you would want to know about Kendall! But if you don’t well goodbye!”
“No wait! What about Kendall!”
Feeling as if she had won. Sensing there is trouble in paradise. “Well I just called to tell you this very handsome man came and picked her up.”
“What!” he almost dropped the phone.
“Yes he just came by here and they left a few minutes ago.”
“Did you talk to Kendall like I told you?”
“Just calm down. I did talk to her but I didn’t get any information out of her.”
“She wouldn’t tell you anything?”
“No she wouldn’t honey do you need me?”
“No I will call you later my parents are coming over.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes I am sure.”
While riding home from school with James, Kendall is worried about not seeing her daddy so she decides to ask him to take her to him.
“Dr. James can we o by my house to see my daddy?”
“Well honey I’m afraid not right now you will probably have to ask your mother alright?” Right now his mind was thinking about Ororo and the miscarriage she just had. He saw a burger joint and decided to stop there and get them something to eat and he could catch up with Remy.
“Hey Remy.”
“Hey I called earlier but no one answered the phone. What have the two of you been up to?”
“Well we went by her lawyers this morning and she has started proceedings for divorce.”
“What is it James you sound funny.”
“Well I think she must have miscarried this morning after coming back from the meeting.”
“She what!”
“She miscarried I suspect the fetus was probably three months old. But that’s just an estimate only. I did manage to save the fetus I want you to come by and get it later to run some test on it.”
“Oh my god how is she?”
“She’s drained Remy I don’t really know how much more she can take could you write her a prescription for Valium and bring it tonight.”
Six months later Ororo and Kendall had settled in their new arrangement of living after moving away from New York to Chicago. She looks over how her life has changed in the past six months. She went through a very public divorce with Victor in which she got to keep her company but lost a small fortune. She did get to keep full custody of Kendall in which Jonathan got two weekends a month but that was alright she figured. She sold her beautiful home but all the bad memories she just could not stay there any longer. But the new occupants surprised her Victor and his new bride Jean. Ororo felt as if she had a new lease on life with Kendall. The only thing she felt regret on was leaving James behind.
“Hey James what’s up?” Remy said one cheerful morning.
“I’m fine just thinking.” He sighs
“Let me guess it’s Ororo right?”
“How did you guess?” he picks up a file to read not with his mind on working.
“It’s all over your face when was the last time you talked to her?” sitting down eating a bagel.
“Just last week she sounded good though.” Just then the door opens and a nurse comes in with a file for Remy.
“Doctor this file came for you but its funny its from six months ago.”
“Six months ago?”
“Yes sir the genetist jus finished with it yesterday.”
“Thank you Sinclair.”
“Your welcome.” As she headed out the door.
Remy reads the file and then looks at James.
“What’s wrong Remy?” James says with a question on his face.
“You know I had a genetist to do testing on the fetus that Ororo miscarried.”
“Yes I remember now what’s wrong?”
“Well looking at this” he hands the file to James “Well this can’t be right there’s only one way that this could happen.”
“Yes I think so let’s call Dr. Lee on the this she could possibly give us some more insight on what has happened.”
“Well hello you two your both lucky that I was free to see you. What’s up?”
“We just got the results back from the fetus we sent you.”
“Oh that well your friend’s body had no choice but to miscarry because of the genetic make up. I did run the results on the mother but I didn’t get the father’s make up.”
“So how was her make up?” James asked.
“She was fine so I concluded that it was the father who genetic make up was weird. The man may never produce a child of his own.”
“That can’t be right because they have one.”
“That’s impossible he can’t possibly produce a healthy child.”
“Well this couple has a little girl.”
Dr. Lee clears her throat “Well it’s not her husband’s child.”
James’s mind thinks back to college when the two of them were together. Maybe……. Oh hell now I used protection but there was that one time that night when it BROKE!





You must login () to review.