He thinks he shrugs his shoulders and gets up to join Ororo in the shower. He hears her sweet angelic voice as he enter the stall.
“I’m sorry babe her let me wash your back.” He takes the sponge and washes her and things get a little frisky in the shower.
Ororo wakes up and looks at the clock ‘My God its one o’clock in the afternoon I am starving.’ She gets out of bed and puts on her robe and goes downstairs to the kitchen.
James wakes up and sees Ororo is not there he puts on his robe and goes to the kitchen when he hears her on the phone.
“Charles will you get the necessary papers drawn up by Wednesday?”
“That you that would be great yes James’s here of course. No, I don’t know how I am going to tell Victor. I know it is dangerous to tell him alone but I will be okay. Yes I will call you when it’s over.” After a brief silence “No Charles my feelings for James are genuine I love him I know to be careful. You know James still has to tell his family about Kendall I don’t think they will be too happy after the last encounter with his mother. No, I have not told him that and I don’t plan on telling him I don’t want to cause a rift with his mother. I know Charles I hate keeping secrets but this just going to have to keep.”
James was outraged that she had kept something from him and his mind was searching on when she was even alone with his mother. Not wanting to eavesdrop anymore “Is there something you haven’t told me Ororo?” James says as he enters the kitchen. She turns around with a surprise look on her face. “Um Charles I will talk to you later this week goodbye.”
She hangs up the phone.
“James I didn’t hear you come down.” She places the food on the table. “Please sit down let’s eat.” She says nervously.
“Not until you tell me what in hell you are keeping from me!” she hears the slight anger in his voice.
“James what I said on the phone happened a long time ago. Let’s not dwell on it now come sit down to eat.” He grabs her and squeezes her arms with anger in his eyes “James please you’re hurting me!” Realizing that he turns her loose and runs his hands in his hair backing away from her “I’m sorry please tell me don’t keep any secrets from me Ororo tell me what happened a long time ago?”
Sitting down at the table, she breathes a sigh and slowly takes a deep breath to tell him the story. “Alright please sit.” James sits down across from her looking intently in her eyes “Remember when we were together in college…”
“Yeah so?” James says cutting her off.
“Well one day I went to the apartment because we were going out to eat but when I got there you were not there so I was cleaning up and I heard the doorbell ring.” She pauses and sees that he is intently looking at her waiting for her to finish.
“When I answered the door it was your parents. I let them in and they asked where you were I told them. We got to talking but they must have assumed that Remy and I were together because they told me that you told them about a girl named ‘Ro. When your mother said that I knew they were mistaken and I told them that was me. We talked a little more and I went to put some dishes in the sink and your mother followed me…...” she turned to go to the sink not wanting to look at James any longer.
“What happened ‘Ro? What did she say?” He grabbed her again.
“James why must you bring up the past its over and done with lets now start our future.” She said as she turned in his arms and looked into his face. However, when she did look in his face she saw that he wanted to know everything defeated she went on with the story.
“James she told me that you being a white doctor would never be looked at seriously with a black woman on his arm. She told me to stick with my own kind that there were plenty of professional black men I could grab a hold of. She said she did not think I would want to hurt your career would I? I told her now so I said my goodbyes and left. That is why I told you Victor had come by it is because I asked him to. I did not want to hurt you but I had to let you go. It was a few weeks later when I found out that I was pregnant but I told myself that it was Victor’s not yours and when Kendall was born the time calculated was when I was with Victor.” She goes out to the patio when she finishes the story leaving James in the kitchen to absorb what she just told him. Looking out into the backyard she breaths a sigh of relief for having finally getting that secret off of her chest but she still is tense because she knows that James would probably leave her. When instantly she hears the door open and James comes up behind her putting his arms around her and bringing her close to his body.
“‘Ro why were you not going to tell me this?” She could hear his heart in his voice.
“Because I didn’t want to cause a rift between your family. Please don’t be mad at me I have always loved you and at the time I believed in what she said.”
He caresses her arms and gently kisses the nape of her neck.
“Lady you have hurt me but I do understand that you have been hurt too. What about your meeting with Victor?”
“What about it?”
“There is no way I’m letting you go there alone no way! We will tell him together alright?” She turns into his arms to face him and she then feels absolutely safe at the moment.
“Alright James but what about your parents?” Right then she felt him tense up.
“I am going to handle them today get dressed they only live a few miles from here.”
“Are you sure? I mean what if…”
“Yes I’m sure I want them to meet the woman that has birthed their first grandchild and maybe will birth their second, third, fourth and so on.”
“Hey what are you talking about third, fourth and so on.” She says as she pinches him in his side.
“Oh just hopeful dreaming I guess. Come on let’s get dressed.” He kisses her and they go back in the house to the bedroom to get dressed.
Later they were sitting in the driveway of James’s parent’s house with the engine still running.
“Are you nervous James?”
“No I’m just trying to get my feelings in order concerning my mother.” She could see his muscles in his jaw twitch. Ororo grabs his hand “Just relax it will be okay I will stay in the car.”
James shakes his head “No you won’t you are coming with me let’s show a united front.”
“Aye Aye Captain.” She smiles saluting him. They get out of the car and head towards the front door of the large Victorian home with a wide wrap around porch. Ringing the doorbell, they wait a few seconds when an older man who looks a lot like James in thirty more years greets them.
“Hello son what are you doing ringing the doorbell?” the man grabs James into a big bear hug. “It’s been so long come in come in!” He then notices the beautiful ebony beauty behind his son.
“Oh and who do we have here?” looking at Ororo intently.
“Hello Dr. Logan we’ve met before?”
“We have?” he looks at her questionly.
“Dad this is Ororo Munroe-Creed you may remember her from the time you all came to Northwestern.”
“I do remember you I especially remember those lovely eyes.”
They walk into the living room and sit down Dr. Logan sits right beside her.
“So dad where’s mom?” James says.
“Huh? Oh she went to the store to get your favorites when she knew you were coming.”
“Dad I know the story as to what happened all these years ago. Ororo told me this morning.”
“Son I’m sorry about what happened but I didn’t find out about it until afterwards what Christina did.” He took Ororo’s hand s in his “For what she did I am truly sorry.”
Ororo could hear the sincerity in his voice “Thank you but you don’t have to apologize.” James sits down beside them with the air clear for now he decides to tell his dad about Kendall.
“Dad when Ororo left she broke all contact with me and she turned around and married her ex-boyfriend Victor Creed. She found about four weeks after marrying him that she was pregnant. She had her daughter Kendall and she lived in an physically abusive relationship with Victor. She finally divorced him after he nearly killed her and we met again. Well to make a long story short we found out later like a few days that Kendall is my child your granddaughter.” He smiled when he said his child.
“So you’re a father.” Dr. Logan got up and rubbed his chin “I’m finally a grandfather?” he turns his back to him.
“Well dad say something.” James asks worriedly.
“Congratulations son where is she?” he turns with a wide smile on is face.
“She is at a sleepover right now but she will be home tomorrow.”
“And home where exactly is that Ororo?”
“It’s right here in Chicago. Are you alright with all of this Dr. Logan?”
“Please call me Joseph.” He goes over to her and hugs her and then turns and slaps his son on the back.
“Come let’s celebrate with a cigar!”
Just then, they hear the door open and James’s mother call out. Ororo’s stomach tightened up before coming face to face with Christina Logan.
“Hello where are my two handsome men at?”





You must login () to review.