She comes into the living room and her eyes immediately turn to Ororo. Her husband gets up.
“Darling this is Ororo do you remember her?”
“I’m afraid I don’t. James you didn’t tell me you was bringing home a friend.” She spoke as if she didn’t really exist in her eyes as if she was an old college roommate.
“Well come on Ororo I think that James and his mother need to talk it’s nice outside on the patio.” Ororo and Joseph go out to the patio. As soon as the door was closed, James turns towards his mother and she could see the fury in his eyes.
“Son whatever is the matter?” she says ignoring the look he gave her.
“Don’t son me mother you have a lot of explaining to do!”
Ororo could hear the screaming all the way out on the patio she turns to face the door they just came out of.
“Don’t worry Ororo James knows how to handle his mother the room will still be standing after they are finished. So my granddaughter is eight right?”
“Yes she is she’s so bright and curious about everything she reminds me of me sometimes.”
“Funny James was the same way. I want to asks you a question promise you won’t get mad at me.”
“Promise I think I already know what you are going to ask.”
“Did you not have one feeling that she might have been James’s child?”
“The thought had crossed my mind but I guess I dismissed them once we calculated the time.”
“Alright I’m satisfied with the answer. I can’t wait until I meet little Kendall have you told her about all of this?”
“No we haven’t told her yet and I’m going to tell Victor the coming week.”
“Do you think that is safe given your history with him?”
“I’ll be fine.”
“Please let James go with you just in case.”
Just then the doors open to the patio they see a fuming James emerge out of the doors “Come on ‘Ro let’s go!” he grabs her hand and pulls her down the stairs.
“James what’s going on?”
He yells at his dad over his shoulder “I’ll call you later dad!”
James says nothing until they were almost to Ororo’s house.
“James are you gonna tell me what happened?”
“That woman pisses me off sometimes!”
“Let me guess she said I was lying.” Ororo says calmly.
“She said that and that she didn’t want to see any half-breed child you are trying to pass off as mine!”
“James listen calm down before you cause an accident. Did you really think she was going to accept Kendall right off the bat?” she looks over at him when he stops at a red light.
“Yes ‘Ro damn it I did call me insane or stupid but I am her son she should have believed me!” He focuses back on the road when the light turns green.
“Yes James you are her son but I am the black bitch that seduced you and I am trying to pass off a child who I don’t know who the father is.”
“What are you saying?”
“James I love you but I don’t think your mother is not going to accept me nor Kendall ever I can live with that the question is can you because she is your mother?”
James is quiet and considers Ororo’s question and he finally speaks to her as they get out of the car.
“‘Ro I love my mother but I can’t give up my child or the woman I love twice I guess I am going to have to live with her hostility indefinitely until she comes around.”
Ororo thinks to herself James baby you are going to be in for a long wait.
Back at James’s parents house his parents are having an argument.
“How dare your son talk to me that way.”
Christina tells Joseph as she puts their dinner on.
“Christina I told you what you did was wrong but you said you was doing it for James well it backfired didn’t it?”
“He can’t choose that black woman and that half breed over us can he?”
“You haven’t heard a word that James nor I have said have you?”
“What?”
“He is rightfully angry at you. You made him lose the love of his life once and the right to be there with his child from day one do you honestly think he is going to let you do it again?”
“But his future is going to be marred by being with this woman. No self-respecting doctor will take him seriously.”
“Do you even know who Ororo is?”
“Who is she?”
“This woman that you said can hurt his career is worth billions of dollars she is the owner of Munroe Pharmaceuticals. It is a major manufacturer of pharmaceuticals in the world.”
“Oh she is well it doesn’t matter I don’t want her for my son! I don’t feel well so can you finish dinner I’m going to lay down.” she heads toward the bedroom. Joseph calls out to her. “Well just remember Christina there is the subject of our granddaughter who I want in my life.”
And he goes back into the kitchen. Christina does not respond back to him but thinks to herself ‘I don’t have a granddaughter.’
Back at Ororo’s house, James nearly ravaged her as soon as the door closed. He carried her upstairs and tore off her clothes and his too. Gone were the gentle movements he used last night he wanted his pain to end and he had to have her.
Ororo realizing that that everything was going wrong tried to get him to slow down.
“James! Please slow down I’m not going anywhere!” But he continued to kiss her all over her body
“‘Ro I want you now please right now!” She squirms trying to get away from him.
“Stop it James! Stop! No I don’t want you to do this please!”
He finally hears her crying and then he sees what he had done to her and then he looks into her face and sees the tears streaming down her cheeks.
“Oh baby I’m sorry please forgive me it’s just……”
She can’t stand to see him act like that and she reaches out to him and gently caresses his face.
“It’s alright honey you were upset it will be alright.”
They both lay down on the bed and start to talk about their future well into the wee hours of the night.

Later in the morning, Ororo wakes up to the smell of bacon and eggs and silly laughter coming from downstairs.
“I wonder who is downstairs with James?’
She heads to the kitchen and sees a beautiful sight before her.
“Hey sleepy head it’s about time you got up.”
He tells her when she strolls through the door. She takes in Kendall and James sitting down at the table, which is full of food smiling at her.
“What is going on here I would have been up if you had not kept me…….”
She stop when she saw Kendall looking at her and James laughing from across the table.
“Well baby when did you get home?” she said looking at Kendall.
“Dr. James came to get me as a surprise for you!” Kendall said smiling at the table with syrup dripping down her chin.
“Thank you James how did you know I missed her?”
“Because I missed her too.” James gently ruffled her hair, which put Kendall in a fit of giggles.
While they were enjoying a wonderful breakfast the phone rings and Ororo goes to answer it.
“Hello”
“Yes Ororo this is Joseph.”
“Oh hi Joseph how are you today?”
“I’m fine thank you is James there by any chance?”
“Yeah sure here he is.” She hands the phone over to James and goes back to finish cleaning After talking with his dad for a few moments James comes back into the kitchen with a smile on his face.
“Ro dad will be over in a few minutes if that is alright?”
“Sure it’s alright it’s your dad. Now don’t you think it’s time that me and you talk to Kendall?”
They both look at Kendall who is standing at the sink drying a plate.
Hearing her name she turns around and looks at the two adults she had come to love and they were the most important people in her life.
“What about mommy?” She looks to her mother for some type of explanation.
“Kendall you know how we thought Victor was your daddy?”
“Yeah?”
“Well James will run some tests on me, you, him and daddy to see if……”
She could not continue as much as she wanted James to be the father but what if they were mistaken and Victor is truly Kendall’s father she could not bear what James will do.
“To see if James or daddy is my daddy mommy?” She looks at the two adults and smiles at them as she see shock upon their faces. James smiles as he sees how smart his child is in his heart she is his child.
“Yeah kiddo how did you know?”
“Well Aisha had a DNA test done on her to see who was her daddy a few months ago.”
James looks at her with confusion. “Who’s Aisha?”
“She is my friend down the street. Her mom died last year and when it came to the reading of the will, her dad was there and then some man came in claiming that her mom had an affair with her mom. And so he was saying he was truly her guardian because she was his child.”
“Oh I forgot about that.” Ororo says as she sips her coffee. James looks at the two and sees that they are really serious.
“Well how did it end you two?”
“Aisha’s daddy was her daddy and that man was not.”
“Well kiddo it’s a good chance that I am your dad is that alright?”
She looked at James and then back to her mom he heart swelled even more at the thought of James being her dad she had always loved him. “Great!!!!!”
She jumps into his arms and hugs him tight. The whole kitchen is filled with laughter and they carry that laughter into the den with Kendall asking her new dad lots of questions about his family when the doorbell rings.
Ororo drying her hands after finishing the dishes walks to the door. When James’s dad Dr. Joseph Logan greets her.
“Hello Ororo may I come in?”
“Oh sure I’m sorry please come in Joseph.”
“Thank you Ororo.”
“Alright I will.”
Just then, James enters the foyer area with Kendall on his shoulders both of them smiling.
“Hey dad you made it.”
“Yes and who do we have here?” Joseph says as he looks a bright and smiling little girl.
“My name is Kendall N’Dare Creed are you my granddad?”
“Yep I am and could I ask you something?”
“Yeah?” Everyone looks at him with curiosity in their eyes.
“Can I get a hug from by beautiful granddaughter?” He smiles at her and everyone laughs.
“You bet!” And she jumps into her grandfathers arms.
After getting to know each other and talking, the adults sit down to talk when Kendall asks to go outside.
“Mommy can I go outside to play Lisa and Tammy are out there?” They all look to see two pairs of eyes pressed against the patio window sending everyone laughing.
“Yes baby but don’t go too far stay in the backyard after all your grandfather came to see you.”
Joseph puts his hand on Ororo’s shoulder “It’s alright Ororo let her go and play we will have plenty of time to visit later.” Hearing this Kendall races out the door. They all continue to talk sitting out on the patio drinking coffee.
“So James and Ororo what are your plans for the future?” Joseph asks.
“Well dad we really haven’t talked about it yet.”
“Son you know it’s room for you at my practice and you could take over you know?”
“I’ll think about it dad but I still have a practice back home with Remy.”
“I’m thinking of the well being of my granddaughter you two I know you both love each other.” He says with sincerity.
“Joseph it’s so complicated we have to get to know each other again.”
“If you love each other then nothing is complicated I don’t want to see you two lose each other again all because of a stubborn, rude, obnoxious, overbearing mother.”
They both look at him.
“Dad we do love each other and I’m speaking for both of us that we won’t let mother stop us.” He gently pulls Ororo towards him “Will we?” He looks at her for an answer. Ororo not feeling as confident as him answers “No we won’t.”





You must login () to review.