Ororo is quiet on the way to pick up Kendall , James is wondering why.
“Hey babe you want to pick up something before we go get Kendall?” She doesn’t answer him.
“Hey ‘Ro what’s wrong?” She looks over at him.
“Huh what did you say baby?”
“First I asked if you want to get something to eat before we pick up Kendall then I asked if you were alright.”
“I just hate to hurt people like I just hurt Victor that’s all.” She blows out a sigh. He places his hand over hers “It was just something that had to be done. Did Charles say how long it was going to take to change the birth certificate?”
She bits the inside of her lip “Yeah about six months?” She could feel him tense up.
“Six months?” She saw his eyes narrow and he looks back toward the highway. Looking at his profile, she could see the tightness of the muscles in his face.
“I know that’s not what you expected but that’s as soon as Charles could get it changed.”
“Don’t mind me ‘Ro its just I thought that once paternity had been established then it would be not problem for the change.”
“When we get home I have some papers for you to sign.”
He turns to look at her when he stops at a red light.
“What papers?”
“Well I had Charles draw up papers to give you full custody of Kendall in case something happens to me also I had my will changed.”
“For what ‘Ro? I don’t need the money and are you planning on leaving this earth anytime soon?”
“I’m just planning ahead here just in case okay.” She leans over to kiss him on the cheek. And she smiles at him and he smiles back. “’Ro I want you to change it back alright.” They pull up to the Lee’s house to get Kendall.
“I’ll go get her ‘Ro.” James gets out of the SUV.
“You just have to spend every minute with her don’t you?” she smiles at him.
“I have a lot of lost time to make up with her and with you ‘Ro.” He winks at her and goes to the door. Ororo looks as both of them laugh and giggle all the way to the car.
“What are you two laughing about?” she looks at Kendall.
“It’s a secret mommy.” Kendall looks at James and they smile at each other.
“Oh so you two are keeping secrets now?” Ororo nudges James arm.
“So let’s pick a pizza before we get home.”
“Okay.” They both say in unison.
After eating Ororo cleans up the kitchen while James reads Kendall a bedtime story. She looks over at her cell phone when it rings and goes over to answer it.
“Hello.” She gets no answer.
“Hello?” still no answer. So she hangs up. That was strange she thought but she dismisses it. James walks downstairs and goes to the living room to join Ororo.
“Hey is she asleep yet?” Ororo moans as James picks up her feet to massage them.
“Yeah it took two stories to get her to lala land but she went.” Ororo laughs and then moans as she lets her body relax under his ministrations.
“Oh James that feels so good.”
“Come on upstairs and I will make something else feel really good.” She cocks an eyebrow at him and leaps off the chair to take off running upstairs with him following close behind her. When they get to the bedroom, they go and take a shower together and they lay naked together on the bed but James hears Ororo breathing deeply and he knew she had fallen asleep from the long day. Oh well he thinks dealing with Victor must have worn her out. He gently wraps his arms around her spooning her and falls asleep too with a smile on his face.
James awakens a short time later to a strange noise that came from downstairs and he immediately gets up carefully because he didn’t want to wake up Ororo. He goes to Kendall’s room and sees that she is soundly asleep so he proceeds to go downstairs picking up his old trusty bat along the way. As he steps into the living room, he sees the intruder and he raises the bat and is just about to swing when the intruder turns around.
“Oh god! James no!” the intruder screams.
“What in the hell are you doing here!” James screams cutting on the light to the living room.
“Oh James darling if you wanted me gone you would have changed the locks.” Shanna smiles at him as she takes off her overcoat and reveals a red skimpy negligee with red thigh high stockings underneath.
Licking her red lips, she walks over to him “I thought we could get busy tonight. It’s been so long.” She says caressesing his bare chest.
“Not a chance Shanna I have company tonight.” He looks towards the stairs hoping Ororo had not awakened.
“Oh you do who is it another nurse?” she backs away from him.
“No if you must know its my fiancée and my daughter. I want the keys Shanna now and I want you to leave!” He grabs her arm to lead her out the door she wrestles with him.
“Your what! But I thought me and you………” James looks at her strangely.
“Could have a future together? No way Shanna you ruined the prospects of us being a couple with your jealous rage. Now leave my home.”
“But how could you have sex with me knowing that…….” Shanna trailed off with tears in her eyes.
“Knowing I did not love you? Remember Shannan I broke it off we were not going anywhere especially after you attacked nurse Appleton! You always come by here late at night and seduce me and we end up having sex but not once did I clue you that we were back on as a couple we don’t even say two words to each other at work.”
“You son of a bitch!” She goes to slap him.
“Keep your god damn voice down my family is asleep upstairs!” James says through gritted teeth. He goes over and opens the door for her.
Meanwhile upstairs feeling cold Ororo reaches for James to find his side empty waking up the looks around the room for him. She gets up and puts her robe on and proceeds downstairs where she hear James and a woman arguing. She stays put on the stairs to listen but from her view, she could see a very pretty petite woman standing there with a skimpy red negligee talking to James, which peeks her interest. Ororo could see the woman walk over to him and give him a heavy kiss but he backs away from and afterwards she puts on her coat and leaves out the open door where James shoulder slump and he ran his fingers through his hair. Quietly Ororo runs upstairs her heart breaking along the way and gets in the bed and she later hears James go to the bathroom turning on the faucet and come back out. He walks over to Ororo breathing deeply he bends giving her a kiss on her temple and then he lays down beside her.
“So are you going to tell me who that was?”
Startled that she was awake he could feel the anger coming off of her and he dreads telling her about Shanna. He turns to Ororo who still has her back to him he reaches out to touch her shoulder and she turns to face him.
“’Ro she was from my past her name is Shanna.”
“James why is your past coming here in your present?”
“I thought I took the keys from her. She is a nurse from the hospital.” He looks deep into her eyes “I broke it off with her a long time ago.”
“If you did James why is she showing up now?” She wanted to believe him but the past of living with Victor keeps coming back up in her mind. James could see the confusion in her eyes and the tears that was forming in them.
“Every time she came by since you have been back in my life I have sent her away ‘Ro.” He strokes her face. “I love you ‘Ro and I want you to be my wife damn I’ve wanted that for a long time.” He reaches over to the nightstand and pulls out a velvet black box. “Damn this isn’t the way I wanted to do this.” he thinks He looks back Ororo.
“James is what you say is true why haven’t you gotten the locks changed?” She says still looking at him.
“’Ro I haven’t had the time with what has been going on lately.” Ororo looks in his hands as he opens the black box and sees a 3-karat canary yellow diamond in a platinum band surrounded by white diamonds which adds another 2karats.
“Oh James this is beautiful.” The tears start to fall.
“So ‘Ro will you marry me?” James said crossing his fingers behind his back.
“Oh James yes! Yes! I will marry you!”





You must login () to review.