Ororo walked towards her bed and sat on the very edge of it. She looked down on the floor thinking of something to say or do while Logan stared intensely at her.
They had been in semi silence for a few minutes though it felt like hours and the only thing that could be heard was the gentle patter of rain that tapped against Ororo’s window. The rain was starting to build up.

Logan was staring at her waiting…waiting for answers, eye contact or any contact at all.
“Well aren’t you goin’ to say anything ‘Ro?” he asked still looking at her.
“How did you find out?” she enquired ever so quietly that if it wasn’t for Logan’s enhanced hearing he would not have heard her.
Logan did not answer immediately; in fact he starting approaching her and the minute he was arms length away from her she tensed up her whole body.
Logan shook his head and answered:
“Well you don’t seem to be denying it ‘Ro…and for days I’ve been sensing somebody else in this room when it has only been you. I started wonderin’…then when I came into you’re room- just now…I asked you ‘what’s wrong?’ and the second you said ‘nothing’…” Logan did not finish off his sentence; Ororo could finish the rest for herself.

Ororo slowly nodded as if she was gradually taking it all in.
“So…what are you gonna do?” he asked.
Ororo had been asking herself the same question since she found it all out herself. She said the first thing that came to her mind but it was also the worst thing she could do.
“I’m going to get it terminated”
“You’re…gonna get an abortion” Logan stated. Ororo nodded and raised her eyebrows as if to say ‘you are correct’.
“Are you friggin’ crazy?”
Ororo frowned at him looking up at his face for the first time.
“What else am I suppose to do?” she said in between her teeth.
“You are not killing my baby” Logan told her.
“How do you know if it’s yours…?”
“Don’t play your games with me, darlin’. We both know it’s mine”.
Ororo could tell that she had angered him but it gave her thrills to infuriate him.
“Your baby is inside me. I can do what I feel like with this baby”
“Oh so it’s my baby now”
Ororo rolled her eyes at Logan.
“This baby is a mistake and mistakes must be erased”
Even Ororo could not believe what she was saying herself.
“Can you hear yourself ‘Ro?”
She could hear herself and she agreed with what Logan was thinking.
“Then if I can’t get rid of this baby then…then I will leave and find somewhere else to raise my baby like Kenya”
“Kenya? Do you want my kid to die of AIDS or somethin’?!” Logan’s sudden outburst made Ororo weep.
“’Ro I’m sorry, alright. It’s just I can’t…no… I won’t let you leave”
“Won’t let…Logan I do not need you’re permission to leave or not” Ororo told him sniffing and wiping the tears in her eyes.
“If you leave, you’d be leaving with my baby, there most be a law against crap like that!”
“Then, Logan, Let me abort this baby and I will leave and you will have nothing to do with me anymore!”
“I don’t just want my baby, I want you”
“You can’t have everything. You already have Jean…”
“Screw Jean…this is about me and you, ‘Ro and it’s our baby too”
“Our…” Ororo repeated.
“Yeah ‘Ro…Our baby” he said sitting beside her.

“You should have let me die” Ororo said getting up from the bed.
“What?” Logan asked completely confused.
“Remember…when you dragged me from my balcony…all that rain…”
“Yeah, ‘Ro what were you thinking?”
“I slept with you…why did I end up sleeping with…with you?”
Logan remembered sleeping with her. He remembered how cold her body was and sensed how confused she felt. She was angry that was for sure and lost too. She needed someone to find her and Logan was just the right person.
“Cos it’s what you needed. Before that you were a living ghost ‘Ro” Logan said scratching his head.
“If you had let me die then I would not have had this baby inside me and I would not have been in this position with you”
“But you are pregnant and here talking to me and I ain’t leavin’ till we sort this out. Why can’t we just have this baby together?”

“Logan, I can’t let you father my baby” she said.
“What? ’Ro why not? I’m the father”
The pain in his voice made Ororo feel pain too but she had a valid reason why should could not let him.
“I can’t because…because you always leave the mansion to Canada or somewhere and you always do it when it’s least suspected” Ororo explained.
“So you don’t think I’m responsible enough?” he said getting up from the bed.
“You’re putting words in my mouth”
“I don’t need to. I love you ‘Ro so why can’t you believe I can look after our baby”
Each time he said ‘our’ it hurt Ororo. She could only bow her head.
“Maybe that’s not it, maybe you’re scared of me”
“I am not afraid of you, Logan” she said that but her body language said something completely different.
“I don’t want you to be afraid of me, ‘Ro” Logan said coming towards her, but Ororo only backed away of the bed. They were back to square one.
Logan leaned forward on the bed and reached out his arm to pull her towards him.
He kissed her neck and stroked her thigh; he brought his hand to her stomach and touched her breast…

Ororo slapped him, his head snapped to the other side and Ororo’s palms were as red as Logan’s face, well Logan’s face for two seconds.
Logan held on to both Ororo wrists in case she decided to try another one.
“I don’t know what the hell goes on in your mind ‘Ro…”
“That is another reason why I don’t want you fathering my baby. You say you “love” me when frankly you don’t, I mean all I am to you and all I will ever be to you is sex”
Logan let go of her wrists and stood up from the bed.
“So you think that’s all you are to me” Logan expression was a hurt one but Ororo couldn’t care less at that moment. She nodded answering him.
“You came to my room for sex. You promised me you wouldn’t touch me after having sex with me but you still did. When you stopped me from…killing myself…you still had sex with me afterwards and you even slept with Jean. It goes on”
“But ‘Ro you could have told me to stop all that time, it just makes you as bad as me”
“You persisted even when…”
Logan saw Ororo was getting more upset and sat down with her.
“’Ro you know I love you, if I had let you die that day you don’t know how much that would have screwed me up”.
Even so, Ororo let the shapeless tears slid down her face and it was aching Logan’s heart when he saw the sorrow on her beautiful face.
He put his arms around her and this time she did not tense up, she rested on his shoulder.
“I-I don’t want to be pregnant; I do not want to feel like this for nine months or eight… I don’t even know anymore” Ororo broke down in tears. Logan stood up then knelt in front of her. He took her hand and looked her in the eye.
“’Ro you need to trust me, OK. I wanna bring this baby up with you; I wanna help you ‘Ro. You just need to let me, ‘Ro”
She nodded and let Logan wipe her tears with his thumb.
“I love you, darlin’. Get some sleep I don’t want you tiring out”
He helped her get her under her covers but when he turned to get off the bed she held onto his arm.
“Logan, don’t go…I need you” she whispered.
Logan bent his head and kissed her.
“I’ll never leave you, darlin’”





You must login () to review.