Logan sat up in Ororo’s queen-sized bed wondering how he had fallen asleep.
He looked beside him and was stunned to see Ororo not beside him on the bed.
Instead he found her standing up and opening up a bag.

“What are you doing, ‘Ro? Come back to bed” Logan called out frowning in confusion.
She paused then continued folding and throwing clothes violently into her bag.
“I’m leaving” Ororo replied quietly still packing up clothes.
“What!?” Logan shouted getting up from the bed and grabbing Ororo by her upper arm.
“Didn’t anything I told you sink in?” Logan gestured by pointing at his own head.
Ororo yanked her arm away from Logan and glared at him.
“I want to raise my baby but away from you. No, wait my child might get HIV, right?”
Logan sighed and put a hand in his hair.
“I said I was sorry, ‘Ro. I am sorry. Come on you know I didn’t mean that”
“Yeah and that’s not all you didn’t mean” Ororo murmured facing her wardrobe and pulling out a white blouse.
“What was that supposed to mean, darlin’?”
“My name is not ‘darling’” Ororo replied coolly.
“What the hell is wrong with you? One minute you’re…” Logan stopped. He honestly did not know what was wrong with her. He could name at least three occasions when she acted like this to him.
Her moods changed so fast and unluckily for him so does the weather when Ororo felt like it.
“I dunno ‘Ro, you’re so…”
“Fickle? I’ve been told” her answers where so snappy and frosty.
“We lay in that bed together! You told me you needed me, you slept in my arms…”
“No I didn’t sleep, Logan. I thought really hard!”
Logan came close to her and put his bent finger under her chin to lift up her head.
“You know I love you”
Ororo slapped his hand away viciously and walked back until she was sure Logan was not in reach with her.
“You?” Ororo laughed but this laugh was sardonic and scornful.
“I don’t think you know what the word ‘love’ means, Logan” She then turned her back to him and looked out her window with her arms crossed.
Logan clenched his fists and looked down on the floor.
“Alright, since I don’t know, why don’t you tell me what it means then? Tell me what it really means to love somebody”
Ororo closed her eyes and inhaled. She shook her head slowly and bit her lip.
“I’m not in the mood”
“Like I haven’t heard that before” Logan muttered.
Ororo turned around and walked towards her bag. She bent down to zip her bag.
When she got up Logan seized her by her arm again but this time when Ororo tried to pull away Logan tightened his grip.
“I love you, ‘Ro. Why can’t you see that?”
“Because you don’t! Logan, let me go you’re hurting me”
Then, Logan wanted her to feel pain. He wanted her to feel the same anguish she was causing him but then he let go surprised that he even thought about causing harm to her.
Ororo stepped away.
“I’m sorry…”
“No, Logan, don’t say that to me. You have said ‘sorry’ too many times to me”
“But I…”
“No…I am not carrying your baby anymore”
“What?”
“I cannot carry any part of you inside me, Logan. I hate you”
“No, you don’t”
“Yes, yes I do. I hate you. I hate the fact that I slept with you, I hate the fact that you managed to impregnate me and you want me to keep your baby inside of me”
“’Ro if this is about that abortion crap…”
The first time Ororo mentioned the abortion to him he let it slip because he knew she was confused but now…
“I have to, Logan. It’s the only way”
Logan grabbed on to her shoulders and shook her.
“It is not the only way. Do you know you can be killed too if you get an abortion…”
“I don’t mind dying…”
Logan cut her off by gripping her shoulders tight.
“Are you…’Ro you. Will. Not. Kill. My. Baby. I said it before ‘Ro and I still mean it now”
“But I have to Logan. I have to, to get rid of you!”
Logan loosened his grip on her shoulders.
“I don’t want to love you, Logan. I do not want to wake up one morning and find out you’ve just fled…”
“’Ro I told you about this already…”
“No, you won’t let me finish. I don’t want my child to be fatherless and I can’t bring an innocent child into this world, we as mutants are targeted and you and I, we’re always fighting…Do you think I really want to kill my own child out of selfishness?”
Logan was silent he could not say anything.
“You were right about one thing, Logan. I don’t hate you. I just really don’t want to love you”.
“Why? If the feeling is mutual then…”
“I don’t know why you keep saying you love me”
“You know what your problem is? You can’t trust people and if you can’t trust me then I don’t know how to prove that I do love you”
“But…but you told Jean…”
“Why must you keep mentioning her?”
“You told Jean you loved her and look where you two are now”
“That’s because I didn’t really loved her…”
“Now there you go”
Logan let go of Ororo and sighed. She was unbelievable; he didn’t think he had ever met a woman as difficult as her. However when Logan looked at Ororo again she was sitting on her bed with her arms around her stomach. She was looking down so Logan could not see her face.
“’Ro are you alright?” Logan rushed to her side.
Ororo did not answer but nodded her head gently.
“You don’t look alright”
Ororo still kept her head down.
“’Ro…”
“Logan, I can …no I can sense this baby but I can’t feel it”
Logan frowned in confusion.
“Maybe it’s because you ain’t got a bump on your stomach yet…”
“Logan, I’m so evil” she began.
“’Ro you’re a lot of things but not evil”
“If I wasn’t evil then I would never have thought of getting rid of this baby”
“You can’t blame yourself, ‘Ro”
“What mother would think of getting rid of their baby?”
“So many”
“Logan, I’m been so awful to you when you’ve only tried to help me. Why do you always come back?”
“Cos’ I love you”
“But I’m always pushing you away”
“It would mean I didn’t love you if I stayed away”
Ororo went silent; maybe Logan really did love her.
Logan took both her hands.
“’Ro, I really want to raise this baby with you, just let me help, let me love you. I’m serious, ‘Ro. You said you needed me yesterday and many times before and I know you do, and I know I may not be able to be a perfect father but I can try. ”
Ororo stared at him surprised and wordless.
He had spoken to her looking deeply into her eyes which showed sincerity and not even uttering a curse which showed respect. She looked down again and put her hands on her lap, scrunching them up to a fist.
“No” Logan said using his finger to lift her head up.
When she looked at him her nose was slightly red. She wished she could lay her head on his chest and allow him to tell her sweet things but she couldn’t.
He may have loved her but she couldn’t trust him after being disappointed by so many people.
Jean was her best friend but they had grown so far apart and she had betrayed her.
Scott had also been another one of her best friends but how did she know if he was only her friend just to get her to bed. Charles promised to be with her always to help her grow as a leader and a mutant but he left her. Forge broke her heart after he proposed to her and she could not love for a very long time.
However, Ororo’s biggest disappointment was her parents leaving her on this earth.
She was just a child, so pure and innocent. Her parents told her that they loved her and that they would never leave her. When she fell and grazed her knee her mother was always there to pick her up and nurse her injury but where was she now to pick her up? Her father taught her how to speak to people politely and promised to teach her more when she was older but she was older now and he couldn’t teach her anything anymore. She wanted her father to walk her down the isle if she ever got married and her mother to help her nurture her first child…

Ororo burst into tears and let Logan tell her comforting things. She did everything she wished she could. Logan did wrap his arms around her and stroked her hair.
She had decided. She would let Logan father her baby; she would love him and her baby.






You must login () to review.