Two weeks and a few days had passed since the professor’s death. There was not a body so there was not a funeral. Usually Ororo would organize the funeral just remembrance but her heart was burdened with so much sadness a funeral would just upset her even more. She still had to call more people to inform them of Charles’ passing. She wished Scott was still here to aid her. Jean was certainly no help but Ororo surprisingly did not blame her.

Ororo had betrayed herself. She told herself that she should not trust anybody but went and confided in Logan. She still felt guilty that she slept with him even though she needed it.
However she still made clandestine nocturnal visits to his room. Moaning and groaning for him and letting him touch her.

Logan waited outside Ororo’s classroom until the bell rang. He stepped aside for her students to rush out of the classroom. That was his cue. He walked into her classroom as she wiped the chalk off the black board as he approached her. He removed her hair from her neck and inhaled her scent. Ororo stood still but then later dropped what she was doing and turned around to face him. She managed a small smile and she kissed him lightly on his lips. Her smile slowly faded away and she moved away from him.
“I’ve got an errand to run” she told not quite meeting his eyes. Logan had seen this too much and shook his head.
“Are you sure that’s not just an excuse” Logan pressed. Ororo nodded and quickly left before he could say anything else.

Ororo walked through the echoing hallways of the mansion. She stopped at the living room and rested her head at the doorway. She smiled a little when she saw Kitty, Marie and Jubilee sitting on the sofa. Their eyes were glued to the television and food packets were scattered everywhere. They were all talking loudly and Ororo could hear some foul language. Usually she wouldn’t be as happy as she was but at least they had now found something to do. They were three friends and could trust in each other. Ororo had lost those things a while ago and doubted she could ever get them back. Jubilee turned around and grinned at her. “Hi Miss Munroe!” Kitty and Marie turned to face her and beamed too. She smiled back at them and said “I’m just checking if you three are alright”. She left wishing she could relive those times with Jean, Scott, Hank and all her other old friends. She walked up the stairs to find Jean; she needed to talk to her.


Ororo knocked on Jean’s room’s door, once Scott’s too but now he was gone. Jean opened the door and stared at her. “Yes” she sounded irritated. Ororo raised an eyebrow, “I’ll come back later then”, and she walked away.
“No, come back” Jean said. “You came so…I want to ask you something”
“Go ahead” Ororo said walking back to Jean.
“Logan…I’ve been hearing…”
“By hearing you mean mind reading right?”
“Yeah, so some of the male students think that something is going on with you and Logan”.
Ororo did not answer but looked at Jean.
“No? Oh I didn’t think so. Logan wouldn’t even be interested in you anyway” Jean smiled and Ororo inhaled. She walked away leaving Jean at her door. She was angry but kept it bottled inside. Maybe Jean was right. Logan almost hit her after he ‘saved’ her from her death but then again Ororo had brought on to herself. She now needed time to think for herself. She hastily paced to the office and closed the door behind her. She waited for anybody to knock but then after walked toward the table. She sat down and looked through the first drawer for a number. She dialled a series of numbers before dialling her required number.
“Good afternoon, Moira is that you?”
-“Yes, Ororo are you alright?”
-“Yeah I’m fine Moira…What’s that noise? Moira begins to chuckle.
-“Oh, it’s Banshee. He’s working on his gifts”
-“Oh you know you can send him to the institute, we can help him”. Moira chuckled again but then stopped.
-“It is a coincidence you called. Ororo I have been meaning to call you and…why did you call?”
-Moira, I know this is short notice but please, I need to stay in Scotland for a while…Even if it is just a 2 days, just to get my thoughts together…You don’t have to…
-“Of course you can. You stay as long as you want. I even need you to come. I need to talk to you anyway. When will you be arriving?
-I’ll leave tonight if…
-“OK. But isn’t that short notice for the others”
-“I know…but I need to get out of here”
-“Alright, love. I know you’re going through a lot”
-“Thank you, Moira, you are very much appreciated. What did you need to tell me about?
-“…No…I-I think it’s better you come to Scotland and you find out for yourself”.
-“Oh…OK. I’ll see you soon Moira. Bye”
-“You too, goodbye”

Ororo put the phone down and sighed. She ran her hand through her ivory hair and then left the office. She ran up the stairs and then to her room. She quickly began packing essential objects into a medium sized bag. She aimed to leave without seeing Logan. Zipping her bag she then walked out of her room closing the door behind her. On her way down the stairs she met Kitty with a DVD in her hand.
“Hi, Ororo…Why have you got a bag in your hand?” Kitty began to worry.
“I’m going to Scotland for a few days. Don’t worry I’ll be back as soon as possible and you wouldn’t even miss me”
Kitty looked at Ororo puzzled and surprised both at the same time. “Why?”
“To see somebody but like I said I will be back as soon as possible”. Kitty nodded, she was upset. Ororo looked her in the eye.
“Please do not worry Kitty. However you need to promise me something. Do not tell anybody where I am going”
“What should I say when somebody asks?”
“That I’ll be back soon” Ororo smiled at her then they both share an embrace.
“Bye Ororo”
Ororo nods her head at her then walks further down the stairs.
Ororo sighs as she walks towards the door. When it shuts she exhales and quickly paced to the gates.





You must login () to review.