Ororo walked through the path to Moira’s door filling her lungs with the Edinburgh air. She smiled and for the first time relaxed. She stood in front of the door biting her lip. She lifted her hand to clasp the brass door knock. With two loud thuds the door was opened by a blonde male.
“Ororo!” Sean exclaimed. Banshee hugged her and they both exchanged a kiss on the cheek. “Come in, come in” he prompted her and took her bag.
“You’re such a gentleman, Sean” Ororo said and they both smiled.

Ororo walked further down the foyer and into the living room and there was Moira sitting on an armchair and smiling up at Ororo. She too exchanged hugs and kisses with Ororo and asked her how she had been. Ororo sat down on a chair next to Moira and they began to talk.
“I am so happy you are here, Ororo. You do not know how happy I am to see your face”
“Me too, Moira. It seems coming here is the only way to clear my head”.
Moira nodded and sympathised with Ororo. Charles was the closest Ororo had to a father after previous losses but now he was gone and Moira felt her emptiness.

“Moira, why did you really leave?” Ororo asked.
“Oh, Ororo I couldn’t bear it. He was rising up an army and he was becoming more affectionate to them than to me, his own wife. And…It was dangerous, Ororo. I really cannot see how you can go to these missions and come back not fearing how your life could have been lost. I told him…I told him that all this stuff with the X Men will kill him and he simply said he was willing to take that risk” Ororo gasped.
“Yes, love and look where he is now. I left because I did not want to become too emotionally attached to him so when he does die I will not feel so pain. I mean…I almost lost him at that war” Moira told her.
“I am sorry Moira”
“No, no it is fine. Let us change the subject to end both our suffering.
So, tell me about how things are back in America. On the phone it seemed like we only ever talked about was…Charles”. Taken by surprise stuttered.
“Oh…um…we have had new recruits, Marie and…Logan-“
“The one with Adumantium bones?”
“Yes. How did you know?”
“Don’t worry, my sweet just go on”
“Oh and Hank has returned but…Scott has left” Ororo said softly.
“I will stop you there, Ororo” Moira sighed. “I think I should show you now”. Moira led Ororo to the back of the house and into the garden.
“He said he did not want to be found but…”
Ororo gasped as she looked at the person sitting on the chair.
“Scott?”

Logan scowled as he searched for Ororo. She did not come to his room the night before nor wake him up in the morning. He had not seen here since she left her classroom which was two days ago. He did not suspect that she had left because most of her things were still in her room. He did not remember her leaving the mansion at all…
“Hey, Ice-kid!” Logan barked sending shocks up Bobby’s back.
“Yeah, I mean yes, Mr Lo- I mean Logan”
Logan rolled his eyes and asked, “Have you seen Storm?” Bobby was getting too familiar with that question especially asked by Logan.
“Why?” Bobby asked slyly.
“I ain’t got time for your crap. I’m asking you, where is she?”
Bobby’s smile faded and said “Well, Kitty might know she said something about Ororo going somewhere” and with that he drifted away from Logan.
Logan exhaled. He hated asking teenagers about Ororo and especially the female ones.

“Ororo, what are you doing here?” Scott asked.
“I’m here to cleanse my head, I could ask you the same question. Scott why did you go, do you know how hard it was without you?”
“Look, ‘Ro I am sorry but I couldn’t take it with Jean, Logan and the professor…”
“Oh the professor. You left Scott, while he was sick. I do not know whether Moira has told you or not, but he’s dead!”.
Scott looked down contemplating and frowning. He looked angry but with himself. “I know” he told her.
“You didn’t even call” and she began expel tears from her eyes. Scott wrapped his arms around her. “I’m sorry ‘Ro. I had to get away. I had to”. He felt so bad and the guilt burdened his heart. “I will make it up to you” he said. Ororo nodded and pulled away when she noticed what she was doing.
“Are you going back?” he asked. Ororo nodded again, “I can’t leave them”.
“I only left because of Jean”. Ororo listened. “She didn’t love me anymore. In fact she kissed Logan thinking I wouldn’t find out. Might have slept with him, still don’t make a difference she wants him and now she’s got him…What’s wrong?” he looked at Ororo’s face and worried.
“Nothing. You know what Scott I think we better go inside I think I might start raining…It could be hail”.


Kitty smiled faintly as Logan asked her. “Ororo…will be back soon”.
“Where is she?” he asked again.
“She’ll be back soon” Kitty felt like a broken record and wanted to shout it out but couldn’t because she had promised Ororo.
“I’m not asking when…”
“I know that’s what I was told so that’s it”.

Ororo walked into her temporary bedroom and sat on the bed. She smiled weakly and stroked the lilac sheets. Touching the sheets she began to think. She had been sleeping with Logan so much that she had realised this would be the first time in two weeks where she would not wake up to his company. She did not want to miss it. When she thought about sleeping with Logan she asked herself these questions. Did it mean anything? Did Logan take advantage of her? Was he using her? Was she wanton?
“Are you O.K Ororo?” Scott asked her snapping her out of daze.
“Huh? Oh I’m sorry, Scott what did you say?”
Scott laughed, “Ororo are you O.K? You’ve been in wonderland since you got here”.
“I’m sorry I’ve got a lot on my mind”
“And I’ve got all day and night” Scott sat down next to her.
“Don’t worry, Scott. I’m fine” she assured him.
“Then tell me about the mansion then. Moira said you had insomnia there”
“No, I’m better now. I have found a remedy that’s allowed me to sleep peacefully”
“Yeah…and what is that?” he asked her.
Ororo shrugged and quickly changed the subject. “I need to get back by the end of this week. I promised Kitty and…”
“Don’t leave so soon” he pleaded.
“I have to. I told you”.
“I miss those times ‘Ro when it was just me, you and Jean. What happened?”
“I don’t know Scott. I too miss those times but we can’t keep living in the past though we long for them to come back”. She did not notice Scott staring at her as she looked deeply in to the wall. When she turned her head both their eyes were locked and out of nowhere their lips met and soon they began kissing.





You must login () to review.