Pulling away from Scott she gasped. She looked anywhere but at him and she thanked Scott’s mutation because she did not have to look at his eyes.
“Ororo, I’m sorry…really sorry”
“No…Scott…I now think it is better that I get back by the end of the week” Ororo said leaving her room and leaving Scott thinking.
Ororo put her fingers to her mouth then wiped the taste of Scott away. She did not know what to do. Maybe it was best that she did not come to Scotland. She wondered how Logan felt. She missed him and she hated herself for that. She also began to hate herself for coming to Scotland, leaving the X Men alone, kissing Scott. She began to think, would she have come to Scotland if she knew Scott was there. How could she know he wasn’t the beginning of the country’s name is Scott. If only…
“Ororo!” Moira called. Ororo turned her head. “I thought you were going to get some rest”.
“I-I’m not tired anymore. I’m better now” Ororo mumbled.
“What’s wrong, love? Come here” Moira asked. Ororo walked toward her. “Let’s talk”. She and Ororo sat down in the living room.
“I’m fine, Moira”
“No…No… you’re not, is it about Scott?”
Ororo did not say anything but lowered her eyes. Moira sighed and looked at her.
“I know it is a shock finding him here-“
“No...It is not that Moira…He kissed…I kissed…We kissed, Moira and I really do not know what to do” Ororo told her quietly.
“You two kissed” she smiled. “I always knew you two had something going on”, Ororo chuckled softly but after that Moira looked serious.
“I don’t know, pet. Maybe you should give him a try” Moira suggested. Ororo slowly shook her head.
“I love him as a brother and a friend but not…that way. I’ve already got troubles and really do not want them to pile up”. Moira nodded.
“Ah…A little bit of Philos love for him but not any Eros. Maybe he’s missing Jean or he is just so happy to see you or maybe he just fancies the pants off of you” and they both laughed. “Well he did talk about you the most before he arrived”. Ororo gasped and her eyes widened in surprise which caused Moira to chuckle.
“Ah, right so you do have feelings…”
“You were lying?”
“No I wasn’t but would it make a difference if I was?” Ororo went quiet.
“Are you alright, love?”
“I’m…I’m confused, Moira. Why did we…Why did we have to kiss?”
Moira pitied her, she felt so sorry for Ororo that she could only look at her sympathetically.
“I am not going to talk to him I’ll just avoid him…”
“No, Ororo. You will talk to him because you came here to clean your head and avoid stress not cause more, O.K. So you go and get some sleep, alright Ororo”.
Ororo then got up and thanked Moira inaudibly and went to her bedroom sure that Scott had gone to his own.

Ororo woke up with her head on her arm. She looked at the position of the sun and she automatically knew it was midday. She was surprised on how long she had slept and slumped back down under the covers when she remembered the night before.
She couldn’t believe she slept through breakfast and the whole morning. She forced herself to get up and headed for the bathroom.
Scott walked through the long hall way running his hand though his brown hair. He swallowed when he saw Ororo step out of her room but then plucked up the courage to speak to her.
“Ehm Ororo can we talk?” he asked her trying to sound as casual as possible.
“…Yeah, if you want” she closed her room door in case he gestured they talk in her room.
“In the garden?” he suggested.
“Yeah” Ororo said.
They walked side by side silently to the garden not exchanging anything but nervous glances.
When they sat Scott started the conversation.
“Ororo, I am really sorry for what happened, last night”
“No, you shouldn’t be I should be sorry-“
“Why should you, I initiated the kiss first-“
“But I should have stopped it earlier”
And with that it went silent however Scott ended the silence.
“Do want the truth, ‘Ro?” he asked. Ororo shrugged but then nodded.
“I wanted to kiss you and for a long time now” he told her but Ororo only looked confused.
“You can’t tell me you haven’t noticed”
“No, Scott I haven’t…I…”
“You were the last person I spoke to before I left the mansion”
“I didn’t know that…”
“I know…I know. Look Ororo I really like you and you’re the only person I trust”.
‘Trust’- that word, it seemed to crawl up and bite her inside.
Ororo sighed for the millionth time but Scott took both her hands and she had so much sympathy for him she did want to do what he wanted.
There was nothing wrong with Scott. He was an attractive man; he was kind, smart, and funny at his best. She honestly would take him but there was something or maybe someone that was stopping her.
“But Jean…” Ororo realised that was her excuse for nearly everything. The woman who was meant to be her best friend had stopped her from doing most things and being with most people.
“I don’t love her anymore” he simply replied. It went silent and before Ororo knew it Scott’s lips were pressed against hers. This time the kiss was longer and Scott’s arms went around her waist. He began to kiss her neck and move his hand up her thigh…
Then she pushed him away.
“I’m sorry Scott. I really can’t” she told him turning and then walking away.
She was angry with herself because some part of her body wanted that and she had stopped it. But maybe that part wanted to Scott because he was a safer option.

Ororo sat down on her bed with her fists in her lap. She bit her lip and tried not to cry. She wanted to get away to Scotland to relax get away from her troubles for a while. But now her troubles had escaladed. She really loved Scott but not in that way. He had been her friend, her team mate, maybe close enough to be her brother. When he kissed her it was fine while they were kissing but when they stopped she remembered Jean telling her about her intimate encounters with him. She just couldn’t. She was awakened from her thoughts when she heard two knocks on her door.
“Come in”.
It was Scott.
“I’m sorry, ‘Ro but we need to talk about this”. She was not ready.
“Go ahead”
“Obviously my feelings to you are not mutual…”
“No…Scott. I do care about you but not in the intimate way”
“I understand. I just hope I have not put you in an uncomfortable position”
Ororo felt like screaming.
“No, you haven’t. I just want things the way they were before…When we were such good friends”
“I know but we can’t keep living in the past”.
Ororo facial expressions saddened after he said those words. Scott smiled and said.
“’Ro relax, I’m only joking” he began to chuckle lightly while Ororo playfully smacked him on his shoulder. Soon they began laughing with each other.
Just like old times.





You must login () to review.