Gasping at what was moaned into her ear Jean pushed Logan off her. She stared at him wide eyed and swallowed. She had never felt that exposed and used in her life.
“What did you say?” she asked desperately.
“I’m sorry, Jean” he said putting on his clothes. ‘I knew I shouldn’t have got her involved’ he thought to himself regretfully.
“You called me…” Jean could not finish her sentence and lifted her sheets to cover her nudity.
“I’m so sorry. Shit, I really am” Logan told her before leaving her room.

Logan puffed out smoke from his cigar. He was sat down on the steps of the veranda thinking about the previous month. Since then Jean and him had not exchanged words or greetings. The only thing he got from her was cold glares. She was angry but Logan knew she had every right to be. If a woman he was sleeping with called out somebody else’s name he would be angry too. But Jean and he was just sex. No emotion and if there was it was not mutual. Ororo, on the other hand was something more. He knew she needed him as much as he needed her but that was what made him angry. He wondered why she wasn’t with him. Logan was determined and was not going to give up on her.

Ororo sat in her office ignoring the phone ringing out and reading through a letter. She was so caught up she did not hear Scott knocking. It was not until he opened the door that she looked up.
She smiled weakly at him.
He smiled back.
“Aren’t you going to pick up the phone?” he asked.
“No” she shook her head firmly. “It’s probably Emma and she is one of the people I would not like to speak to” she said throwing away a letter.
Scott smirked, he noticed her uneasiness. “’Ro relax, I’m not going to come on to you” he assured. She nodded.
“I know you have been going through a lot lately so I am here and I came here to tell you I would do anything to help you”
“Scott, I’m fine. Do not worry about me”
“I could teach again if that would help” he offered.
“Oh thank you, Scott”.
Scott laughed, “You’re too independent you know. You know you can ask me for help whenever, right?”
Ororo nodded and smiled thankfully at him then her smile faded and she looked nauseous.
“’Ro are you O.K?” Scott asked concerned. She did not answer immediately but swallowed.
“Yeah…I just need to rest…I think” she whispered getting up slowly and moving towards the door.

And so she slept. Her slumber so deep that a herd of elephants charging around her bed could not wake her up. If elephants couldn’t wake her up, neither could Logan.
He stood outside her door wondering whether to knock or not. He breathed in her scent and relaxed but then he sensed something else. It was somebody else’s scent. That provoked Logan and he opened her door in rage. Ororo did not stir.
All he found was Ororo lying down on her side. Nobody was in the room but Ororo. Logan frowned in bewilderment. However when he looked at her he had forgotten all. He paced towards her bed and sat on it. He then lifted his hand to stroke her ivory strands out of the way to see her beautiful face. She looked so peaceful whilst she was sleeping. She was not tense nor up tight. Her chest ascended and descended on every breath and a small smile played on her lips. He wished he could see what she was dreaming. She looked so tranquil it must have been a pretty nice dream to make her sleep that way.
She was not supposed to be lying down on her own. She was meant to be in his arms resting on his chest. He stared at her once more then got up from her bed trying not to wake her up. Logan looked back when he reached the door; he breathed in and when he opened the door he shut it back. He went back to her bed and bowed his head.
Logan closed his eyes then kissed her tenderly. With that, Ororo opened her eyes.
She frowned and moved away from him destroying his tender moment.
“What are you doing in my bed?” she hissed sitting up defensively.
“I’m sorry, ‘Ro…I just…I want you, ’Ro” he told her stroking her cheek.
Ororo shook her head and moved the hand that was touching her face.
Logan did not care and kissed her again wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer. Logan sensed no sign of protest and so began to kiss her jaw and slowly moved towards her neck.
“We should stop” Ororo breathed burying her hands in his hair.
“But we’re not going to” Logan whispered.
“No…”
“One last time, I swear and after I’ll never touch you again”
Even as she let him remove all her clothes and put his hands in her masses of hair she knew every word of that sentence was a lie.


Ororo lay in his arms and rested on his chest. Logan kissed the top of her head and let the scent of vanilla, jasmine and sandalwood invade his nostrils.
“What were you dreaming of, ‘Ro?” he asked her.
“Hmm?” Ororo asked back, her mind was somewhere else as she stroked the hairs on his chest.
“I said, what were you dreaming of? I mean it must have been something pretty nice to make you smile in your sleep” he repeated.
There was a pause.
“I was dreaming of my mother”
“You never talk about your mother, ‘Ro. Why?”
“She died, Logan, along with my father when I was about five or six. I never could really remember exactly how old I was when that happened but I remember how and why it happened”
“’Ro I’m so sorry…I never knew”
“You do not need to apologise. It was not your fault”
Logan watched Ororo drift into sleep arms. He hoped she dreamed of her mother again.
“I want to see you smile ‘Ro”


She had been pondering on one particular subject for days and now she knew it was time she found out.
Ororo slowly walked towards the sink where she had left the device to dry.
She wanted short straight answers.
She held it up to natural light and there it was in letters that seem to stab into her heart.
‘Pregnant’

Ororo sucked in her breath and dropped the test on the floor.
She was now pregnant and all her fears now seemed to come together.





You must login () to review.