Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 4
The name spoken
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~
Disclaimer: I do not own the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. They are all owned by who ever. Lol. Drats. *snaps fingers* And that who ever just happens to be Marvel…As I have said before…That money could be raised…And we could…*ahem* Right anyways…

But here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy! ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Night turning into day, day into night. Six days slipped by, eventually the X-men going on with their every day events. But not Logan. He still sat in the room, waiting patiently for the ‘Weather Witch’ to awaken, there to chase any more bad dreams away. He only left when he needed food, or bathroom, but slept there, never leaving her side at night.

Jean stepped into the room quietly, Logan not noticing. That was a sign he was out of it, not sleeping once in those six days, his senses were low. Or maybe they were just all put onto ‘Ro. Jean shrugged and smiled to herself. He showed such affection towards her, yet he didn’t even realize it.

“Still here I see.” Jean’s voice startled Logan from his thoughts, turning quickly towards the Red Beauty as she stood next to him. Her eyes darted towards Ororo then back to where he sat.

“You should get some sleep Logan; it’s not good for you to be here night and day.” Logan chose to block out her words. Not knowing exactly why he still sat here day after day. But then again, ‘Ro was his friend. She needed someone, since everyone else had continued their lives, she had no one. The room to herself, so there he sat.

Jean sighed and laid a gentle hand onto his shoulder, “We all know your worried about her, but we all are. Don’t let it get you down, Ororo wouldn’t want that. We all love her and she’s our friend.” Logan smiled a small smile and nodded, Jean had a point, she always did. He kissed her hand gently causing her to blush.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Dish after dish, the bubbles dripped from her arms as her gloves sat along the counter beside her.
How did ya eva’ get dragged inta havin’ to do tha dishes sugah? She thought to herself shaking her head. Then it hit her, it was Ororo who usually volenterred to do the dishes, and she wasn’t here. Rogue sighed at the thought, how could she be so selfish?

Arms slid around her waist and held her close, causing Rogue to jump slightly.

“Aak, Remy! Why mus’ ya always sneek up on me?” She pleaed as a smile crossed his face. Rogue shrugged away from him and smirked.

“One of these day’s I’mma really get ya back.” She threatned causing Remy to chuckle.

“Ah please chere, De Remy tink not.” The two laughed as Rogue quickly turned facing him. Her arms behind her back a michevious smile crossed her lips. And then it hit him. Hands full of soap suds and water, Rogue laughed histerically as she threw the water and suds, Remy stood there dripping wet.

Soap suds all along his face, he shook his head, “Ah ah ah…Remy tink chere jus’ made a big mistake.”

Before Rogue could react, Remy had dumped the whole wash tub over her head. Screaming, Rogue grabbed her gloves and ran. Remy not far behind, he couldn’t help but laugh loudly as he chased her. Running by Bobby at the front door, they continued down the halls. Bobby only shook his head and continued his way along the mansion.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Xavier paced the room back in forth in his wheelchair as the beeping of the breathing machine continued on. Jean staring off at him silently, she had decided to let Logan alone about sleep, he seemed to not want it.

This can’t be. If my calculations are correct, all the signs lead to him…But how? He has been gone for quit some time now…Now he returns. To capture his prey. Xavier thought.

“Ahem.” Logan cleared his throat noticing the professor deep in thought. He still had yet to tell him of whom is after Ororo. Xaiver not noticing continued the battle mentally.

Looking at her, Logan grimced. Just lying there, helpless as the dreams ate at her. Sure she didn’t show any abnormal activities but Logan knew, the intruder was still tormenting her. But who could it be? Logan knew nothing of ‘Ro’s past let alone if she had enemies other then those of the X-Men.

Suddenly he yurned to know of her past. He needed to know everything about her. If he could help, he would do it. Sighing he laid his into his palms yet again. Speaking of pasts, Logan wasn’t to fond of his…The dreams still tormented him at night. The stain of blood upon his hands. Shaking his head he tried to clear his thoughts, he would deal with his demons later, right now a friend was in trouble.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Twirling around and around as the winds stirred. Screams could not be heard as the young ‘Ro rocked back in forth in a small corner. His laugh surrounding her, the fear of death crossing her mind. Suddenly, the walls around her began closing in, his face appearing before her. Darkness surrounding every bit of the small room. ‘Ro tried screaming, nothing escaped. Her voice lifted from her throat as the walls gained ground.

Shooting up from the bed as shrill screams escaped her throat, ‘Ro began crying.

“Go away! Leave me!” She yelled. Logan shot forward, taking her into his arms before she could do anything drastic.

Her screams continued as she yelled over and over, “Leave me! I am no longer yours!”
This pained Logan’s heart, tears breeching his eyes as he felt her pain. She began sobbing into his chest as Jean and Xavier made their way by the bedside.

Xavier looked Logan into the eyes as his mind continued to try and breech what ever was blocking his way into Ororo’s mind. He needed to have evidence. Having a good idea was not acceptable.

Jean filled a needle with a sedative as she closed in on Ororo. Logan looked to Jean with anger. He knew the feeling of being trapped, needles, and torment. Feeling ‘Ro shaking back in forth as she continued to claw at him, the walls closing in on her mind.

Her glance averted to Jean. And then she saw it, the needle. Fear entered her mind as she calmed her nerves. ‘Not again, I won’t allow this to happen.’ She thought to herself.

“Jean, please! No!” She yelled unable to control the level of her voice. She began crying more, brining tears to Jean’s eyes, “Please, don’t send me back! I beg of you!” Logan shushed her kissing her forehead gently and nodded to Jean. He completely understood. With the sedative, it would drug ‘Ro to sleep, and there she would continue to be attacked.

“Jean, put the needle down.” His voice was calm and low, never taking his eyes off ‘Ro.
Jean looked to Xavier for the answer, nodding his head; she dropped the needle releasing a small sigh. There was a knock on the window and Jean smiled to her lover.

Xavier slowly came to the bedside looking into her eyes, “Ororo please, I need your help. In order for us to help you, you must tell us who seeks you out.” He grimaced strongly at the look she gave him. Her eyes full of fear and pain. Nodding to Logan he smirked to his students trying to lighten the mood.

“Professor.” Her voice was so frail as she spoke, wavering in breath. Logan squeezed her gently as Jean wrapped an arm around her from behind. Her eyes began glowing, white as the freshest snow. Her hair swayed around her and Jean and Logan were forced to step back. Xavier progressed forward; this is how she was choosing to show him. For words would not, could not work. The intruder still roamed her mind, eating away at her being.

Her body lifted from the hospital bed as Scott brought his beloved from the room, closing the door leaving the Professor and Logan behind with the ‘Storm’.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sliding along the floor, her wet feet against the wooden floor squeaking as she ran. Then she heard it, screams and cries. Coming to a dead stop, Remy hitting her from behind, their eyes shot upwards towards the upstairs.

“Ororo.” The two responded in unison. Rogue’s eyes met his as they ran up the stairs, both dripping wet in soap suds and water.

“Remy tink this ain’ gonna be to good chere.” Rogue nodded in reply as they made their way down the halls.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The door flew open, in coming Rogue and Remy as they gasped at he sight. Scott and Jean were leaning against the window paying close attention to what was going on inside the room. Scott’s arms wrapped around her as the sight unfolded into sight.

“Charles, he comes for me. Tearing into my mind slowly taking over my body. He seeks my return for I have declined. I will not go back to him!” Ororo screamed as tears streamed down her dark flesh. Sweat soaked her white nightgown as she floated in the air.

She looks like a goddess, a goddess in pain. Logan noted. Ororo never was an average woman, and this only came to his realization just recently. How could he of been so blind?

“What do you mean Ororo, who comes for you? Child, speak to me, do not cry. I am here to help.” Charles closed his eyes, his mind eye entering ‘Ro’s yet again. Yet this time he could enter, as if she was letting him. Resistance was still strong as the air thickened in the room.

Taking in a deep air as lightening struck all around the mansion, the winds beating against the outside walls as a storm began stirring. And then she spoke, just above a whisper, both Logan and Charles hearing it.

“It is I. The Shadow King whom seeks my African Queen.” The voice was deep and her head shot upwards to the ceiling. Taking control, ‘Ro began screaming. His name flowing off her tongue like poison, “Achmed el-Gibar.”

The room grew quiet, fear over riding the X-Men. Logan shook his head, questions filling his mind. Achmed el-Gibar? Who the hell was that?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Well!?! What did ya think? Did ya like it?? I hope so, this fic is becoming more intense then I anticipated. But I am glad you all like it! Please continue with your kind feedback! And I will try and update soon!





You must login () to review.