Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 5
The beginning of an end
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Yes we have all heard this one many times before, I do not own anything having to do with the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. And yes they are all owned by who?? Marvel!!
They are pure genius! As I have said before…That money could be raised…And we could…*ahem* Right anyways…

A/N: Thank you again all so very much for the kind words on my story. They brought a smile to my face. It’s good to know you all enjoyed it, and me being so young, can get so much fans. ^_^ It really makes me happy. But here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy! ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~

Winds surrounded her like a tornado, whipping this way and that way. Never ending. Screams filled the air, sounding like a hurricane. Looking down towards the ground she began crying.

“Help me…” Was all Ororo said before Rogue jumped onto her back from behind.

“Rogue no!” Logan yelled as he tried to make his way towards the girls. The winds were to strong.

“Logan! Wait, this may be what we wanted.” Replied Xavier calmly.

Rogue removed her glove as the being now known as Achmed el-Gibar used Ororo to whip her back and forth, desperately trying to remove the young X-women from her back. Bringing her hand to the side of the Weather Goddess’ face she closed her eyes, “Sorry sugah’.” Coming in contact with her skin, both Ororo and Achmed el-Gibar screamed.

“Nooo!! My power! My plan!!” The voice was angry as it rumbled throughout the room. Rogue held on, slowly draining the energy from Ororo’s already weak form.

“Ah can’t hold on much longer!!” Rogue screamed as images began shooting through her mind. The images were dark, painful, causing Rogue to scream in fear. Logan leaped forward, knocking Rogue off Ororo and tackling the Weather Goddess to the ground.

Xavier shook his head as Remy lifted Rogue from the ground.

“Remy tink ya did good chere.” Remy smiled as Rogue slowly slid deeper into unconsciousness.

Logan growled as Ororo’s eyes shot open. They still were covered with white, yet seemed unusual. He was still inside of her, trying to take control. But Ororo fought him.

“Logan…” Her voice was weak, struggling to hold on. Logan’s face softened and he held her in his arms.

“I’m here ‘Ro. Your not alone, we will help you.”

We have to help. Logan thought, he wasn’t sure what they could do to help. But no matter what, they had to. Ororo had always been there for every single one of the X-men, never asking questions. But always being there, like a guardian that never leaves her post.

Her hand slid to the side of his face, her skin ever so soft. Logan closed his eyes to bask in the feel of it. She rubbed his cheek gently and smiled.

“I know you will Logan. I have faith in all of you.” And with that she fainted, the energy caressing through her no longer liable. Logan lifted her from the cold ground and placed her back onto the med lab bed. Xavier bowed his head in respect for the ‘Wolverine’ and tightened the fastenings onto Ororo, holding her down to the bed.

“What are you doing?” Jean asked, worried for Ororo.

“I am doing what must be done.” Xavier replied coldly. He closed his eyes. To think all of this time, no one noticed.

“He’s been haunting her for quit some time now. And all this time, not one of us paid attention. Until it was too late.” Bowing his head, Logan hit his fist into the wall. The Professor was right. They hadn’t noticed. They had all been too caught up in their lives. Why didn’t he notice? He had been sensing a change from her aura but never said anything about it.

Tightening the fastenings on her legs, Xavier nodded to Scott as he entered the IV into her skin slowly. Ororo moved feeling it in her unconsciousness. Jean lowered her head.

She had asked for this not to happen…but what do we do… Jean thought to herself as the images of Ororo in pain shot through her mind.

“Jean, we need you. I’m going to try and breech ‘Ro’s mind and break through that wall. I need to see what she is trying to hide from us. I need for you to project the images that run through my mind into the computer so we all can view them, and if it all happens to fast…I can over look them.”

Jean nodded her head, understanding what must be done.

“Will chere be al’ight monami?” Remy asked Xavier as he made his way to the bed side with the others.

“We will know when this is all over.” Was all he said as he cleared his mind of everything. Rubbing his temples gently he slowly entered the sleeping Ororo’s mind, not to startle her. Darkness, darkness everywhere. Jean slowly cleared her mind also, entering Xavier’s mind as the rest of the X-men sat down, waiting what would happen next.

Jean took the images from Xavier’s mind, slowly entering them into the computer as they began appearing onto the large screen. Xavier froze as he gained way towards the wall.

“Welcome Professor. I have been waiting for you to enter this useless mind. She has been waiting, wondering when her lovely friends would save her. I almost lost all faith in you.” There was the dark voice again, it echoed off the mind’s walls violently. Sending raptures through the air as the wall slowly disappeared. Xavier used all his mental strength to break it down, still not hurting Ororo. One false move, and they both could be trapped in here forever.

“We have come, to defeat you. I will learn the truth Achmed el-Gibar.” Xavier’s voice held power, and pushed back against the darkness.

The X-men sat, amazed at what was going on.

“Ah, such formal greetings. Please, call me SHADOW KING!!” Waves of energy shot towards Xavier, sending him back. Screams filled the air.

“No! Let him pass!” Ororo’s mind yelled at the intruder. Xavier took this chance to enter. Light filling the area as the wall no longer stood.

Images flooded onto the screen of Ororo as a little girl. She was young, in Cairo Egypt. Running along a dark distant path, images of a tall dark man beating her, controlling her as he made her fulfill his doings. Stealing amongst the poor, living off nothing. Evil filled the air…And all the memories let loose as the X-men viewed into her mind. Ororo let out a scream as Xavier was pushed from her mind.

Coming back to it, his eyes shot open. Of course, Ororo had come to him a long time ago telling him about an ‘Achmed el-Gibar’ ruling her life.

“How could he do that to her? She was so young!” Logan yelled as he tore his eyes from the screen. So much pain, so much misery. He began wondering why she was even who she was. So gentle and caring.

“So dats the story.” Rogue replied, entering the room. Her mouth was dropped and she was floating in the air, obviously still holding some of Ororo’s memories and powers.
“I wanted to forget, so much. But he wouldn’t let me! Never would he let me! All the pain, the heartache. I wanted to get away from that, but my mind wouldn’t allow it. So I came here, after so much misery. I thought I could hide from it. But he found me! He always finds me!! I want to be free….to be free of this evil! Live here no longer you monster! Leave me!!” Words flew from Rogue’s mouth, but they weren’t Rogue. Ororo spoke from the young X-women.

The X-men stared on, as Ororo’s body broke free from the fastenings.

“Ah, such a clever little witch. My African Queen has been up to no good.” The form of Ororo flew towards the standing Rogue. It was all so confusing.

“What is going on!?” Jean screamed as the sight before her cleared.

“This can’t be happening…” Logan replied lost. What was happening??

“That’s it! When Rogue used her powers on Ororo, draining her of her energy, Ororo’s inner self, her true self, entered Rogue, using that as an escape. The Shadow King controls Ororo’s actual body, as Ororo uses Rogue’s body as a by standing life force.” Xavier screamed as the winds outside hurled on.

“I will no longer live under your rule!! Leave me!! Be gone!!” Rogue’s eyes filled white as she attacked Ororo’s body. The two forms rolled along, fighting for control, hitting each other left and right.

“No! You will be mine Weather Witch! You shall not defy me!!” The Shadow King’s voice hurled through the air.

“Now!” Xavier and Jean quickly entered the two form’s mind, sending a shock wave through like no other. Flying backwards Ororo’s true self slowly entered her body, and the Shadow King exited, flying outwards into the computer screen. Rogue dropped to the ground, Remy running and catching her before she hit.

“Noooooo….” The Shadow King’s voice echoed as it disappeared… “I will find you again…My Weather Witch.” With that it died.

Logan held Ororo close to his body, not wanting to let go. It was over, it was all over….Or was it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Ah ha!! I finally updated!! And I know this chapter can get a little confusing but I really hope you all like it!! Please leave comments, the more the merrier! Thanx so much! ^_^





You must login () to review.