Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 7
She loves me?
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Same as always…I do not own anything having to do with the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. And yes they are all owned by whom?? Marvel!! They are pure genius! And we should all worship them!! ^_^ As I have said before…That money could be raised…And we could…*ahem* Right anyways…

A/N: I would like to thank all of you!! This fic is going very well…And here is the next chapter already!! Woo hoo!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The sun beat down on the large estate. The weather had changed drastically. Going from never ending storms, to snowing, and now humid hot weather. Xavier figured it had something to do with the recent events, sending Ororo into some kind of trauma. No one blamed her, her powers were connected to her emotions. Nothing could be changed about that. The students were clamored outside, throwing snow balls left and right. The snow was melting, sun shinning down upon it. No one wore a coat, it was rather strange to be outside with snow and it not be cold. No one minded.

Jean laughed as Kitty Pryde was hit upside the head by a flying snowball. Shaking the snow from her hair she growled towards Rogue.

“Like I’ll get you back for that Rogue!!” Using her powers she faded through the ground, coming up behind the redhead and slamming a rather large snow ball down onto her head. Rogue screamed, laughing after the shock set it. Remy laughed too, shaking his head at the two girls. Winking at each other, both females grabbed onto a large snowball and smashed them into each side of Remy LeBeau’s face.

“You kids play nice.” Scott remarked, stepping out into the chaos. Walking up behind Jean who sat upon the stairs, he wrapped his arms around her placing a small kiss onto her soft lips.

“You to Mr. Summers.” The two laughed at each other.

“This weather is crazy. Never seen anything like it.” Shaking his head he sat down behind her, never removing his arms.

“Then again...Its not normal weather darling. Ororo…Ororo is going through quit some time.”
Logan stood there in the door way, not opening it. He shook his head at the two love birds and oddly, it didn’t hurt as much as it used to. Coming to the conclusion, Jean and Scott loved each other, and Logan had no chance. But for some reason, he didn’t seem to care. Moving on was something he was used to. Never looking back, but always remembering.

Turning from the door, he made his way back to the danger room choosing to take out recent stress. Rubbing the back of his head, “I haven’t seen ‘Ro…” The words escaped from his mouth without control. Why was he becoming so interested in Ororo?

She’s one of my best friends. He thought to himself, that had to be the reason.

Entering his password into the small keypad, the danger room doors opened. Closing the doors behind him, he readied himself for another exhausting day of training. Programming the computer to his level, he stood in the center of the room with his eyes closed listening for the attackers.

As if on cue, the computer sounded its alarm and ran through the Level 9 fight sequence. Opening his eyes, he dodged lasers left and right, never slowing his pace. Virtual memory brought forth clone images and robots shaped and formed as many demons from his past.

Bringing his claws down swift and hard, he tore through another victim, letting lose a loud growl that made its way up his throat. The sound echoed the room, sounding like an animal in the wild. A sound of kill, as they made way onto their prey.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ororo turned yet another corner as she continued her roaming of the halls. The mansion seemed to be completely deserted. Taking the time to notice, she felt happier that there was no one around. Her stress had taken itself to the next level, affecting her powers. Knowing all to well of the recent weather outside, she sighed. It was all so difficult. Bringing her hand to her forehead she rubbed her temples, her words to Logan replaying in her thoughts.

Stopping, she listened, hearing loud crashes coming from the room she stood in front of. Looking up, she noticed she had made her way to the danger room. A small smile crossed her lips.

“Should be fun…” She replied, entering the password as the doors asked for voice confirmation.

“Ororo Munroe…Storm.” Beeping three times, “Access granted,” the doors opened. Making her way to the elevator, she slowly entered the control center for the danger room. The doors closed tight behind her, pumping air into the room. Lights flickered on, the computers slowly booting up. Ororo stopped, hearing firing and attacks from below. Her eyes slowly averted downwards to lie upon Logan’s form. He was dripping in sweat, making attack after attack onto the predators. She continued to watch him as she pulled the seat from its spot and sat. Rubbing her temples she sighed, the last conversation between the two playing in her head.

“How could I of been so self-centered?” She asked herself.

“I let my anger control me…What I said. Was it all truly how I feel?” Closing her eyes she laid her head back against the back of the seat. Images ran through her mind, it was true, she had always been jealous of Jean. Always getting all of the attention, but Jean was one of her best friends. Shaking her head to shake the thoughts from her mind she growled. How could she think so negatively about Jean?

“I think I need some time to think.” Standing she pushed the seat back, causing it to squeak against the floor. The loud noise echoed through the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stopping abruptly in the middle of the room, he slashed his claws one last time upon his latest victim. The echoing of a squeak made way to his ears. Bringing his nose to the air, he sniffed out the area. Stopping, his face tightened. The smell of sandalwood and jasmine made their way to his nose.

“’Ro.” It was a small whisper, barely hearable. Looking up, there he saw her making her way out of the control room.

“Computer, end training session.” His voice was a low growl as he wiped the sweat from his brow. Grabbing a towel he dried himself quickly and dashed out of the danger room.

“I have to talk to her.” His mind made its way back to their last encounter. That had been two days ago and not once had he spoken or seen her since then.

Making his way around the corner, he caught a glimpse of her turning to the next hall, slowly opening the door to exit. Logan threw his shirt on and took in a deep breath. Lately he had no time for anything but think. Think about her words. The answers to her questions, and finally he had come up with the answer. He was no longer fighting for Jean, for that he knew. Jean had been an infatuation he couldn’t help. But Jean was with Scott and they were happy. But the question he couldn’t seem to answer was the fact that he seemed to care about Ororo.

It seemed to have begun with his return to the Institute. But never knowing why…Maybe it was because Ororo had seemed so vulnerable. He was drawn to her. Rubbing his head he growled. Hurling himself forward, he finally caught up to her.

“’Ro!” He yelled.

Ororo turned quickly, glancing around. Her eyes fell upon the animal of a man, Logan. Sighing to herself she desperately wanted to run before her mouth would open yet again. Afraid of what he was going to say she turned back around, ready to leave.

“’Ro wait! We need to talk.” His voice slowly lowered, slurring the last few words. He stopped in front of her, not ready to bring his eyes to hers.

Turning back around to face him, “Alright then. Let’s talk.” Her words were short and smooth. Logan swallowed the large lump that had begun to form in the back of his throat as he searched the halls, trying to find some way to start.

“Ok then, since you can’t seem to find the words to say, I’ll start.” Clearing her throat she gave him a half smile, her eyes finally connecting with his.

“Logan look, what I said the other day was really out of line…”

Cutting her off, “’Ro no, that’s just it. Fer once someone told me exactly what I shoulda been told. What ya said…Sure at furst made me outraged, but after awhile…It sunk in.” Logan replied, staring into her eyes.

Bringing her finger to his lips, she shushed him softly, shaking her head.

“No, let me finish. Logan for quit some time now, I have been letting anger build up within me, about Jean, your infatuation with her, and everything else. But I realized I had no place in doing so. Jean is beautiful, and for you not to be attracted to her would be an outrage…But for you to love her.” Her eyes seemed to avert away from his gaze, tears filling them. She began to sob, taking in air to stop her tears from falling.

“Jean has it all. The beauty, the looks, the personality. And then there’s me… All I ever wanted was a glance, a second glance. For you to make me feel like you did Jean, for anyone to. But I never got that…And it hurt.”

Logan swallowed another lump, her words…he couldn’t believe he was hearing them. She had been jealous of Jean…The way he was towards her. How could he be so blind? Ororo saw herself as someone no one looked at. But that wasn’t true.

“’Ro, darlin’. That’s anything but true. I have looked at you, more then ever these past few weeks. And yer words, what ya said to me. They got me to thinkin’…Jean, sure she is pretty, and has it all. But darlin’ so do you.”

“Logan…Please, just just..” Her sobs became more frequent. Her body shook with each breath. Without notice, she took her head into her hands and ran down the hall.

“I love you Logan! I always have.” She yelled, running away. Her words were slurred together and hard to understand under her sobs. But Logan heard every word. They stung at him like poison. His heart suddenly sunk to his stomach and it hurt. For once he felt pain.

All of this time, I had caused her pain. Because she…she ….loved me? His thoughts swam through his head.

“Ororo…Loves me?”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Well?? What did ya think??! Did ya like it?? I hope so…It took me awhile and a lot of thought, but I like the way it turned out. I just hope all of you do! ^_^ Thanx for reading!! Ill try and get the next chapter out soon.





You must login () to review.