Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 8
The voice
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Same as always…I do not own anything having to do with the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. And yes they are all owned by whom?? Marvel!! They are pure genius! And we should all worship them!! ^_^ As I have said before…That money could be raised…And we could…*ahem* Right anyways…

A/N: I would like to thank all of you!! This fic is going very well…It has the most chapters out of all of my fics! And you ppl really like it!! ^_^ Thanx again so much, all of you! Here is the next chapter that has been long due for updating. Enjoy!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

‘“Ororo…Loves me?”’

That thought ran in and out of Logan’s mind as he entered his room. Closing the door firmly behind him, he leaned back against the door and gently hit his head against it.

How could I of been so blind? How could I have not seen it? Logan’s thought to himself

Releasing the breath he had been holding, he ran his hand through his rough hair. Kicking his shoes off, he walked forward and fell back onto the bed. Closing his eyes he drifted off into a light sleep, thinking about nothing but Ororo and her words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ororo sighed as yet another tear fell from her blue eyes.

(A/N: I did research! She comes from a long line of African Priestesses known for their white hair and BLUE eyes.)

Leaning back against the cold shower door she watched as the water pooled around her. The hot water caused steam to fill the bathroom, condensing against the mirror. It was muggy and damp. Shaking her head and leaning it back another tear slipped down her full chocolate cheek.

“What have I done?” She asked, the question falling around the empty room.

“You told him! Now he hates!” A voice echoed through her mind. Jumping from where she sat in the shower, she sniffled and dried her eyes.
“What?” The question was to no one. She was alone in the room, but she received an answer.

“Logan, he hates you. They all hate you. Do you think Rogue could really forgive you?!” The voice continued to rant in her head. Rubbing her temples she gasped as she realized the voice sounded like her own.

“Why are you doing this!?” Ororo cried as she fought back a stifled scream.

Stepping out of the shower, she quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped the white material around her chocolate slender body. Her hair dripped wet down her back, and her skin was slick with sweat.

“They all hate you! Even you hate you!” The voice screamed again.

Screaming, she threw her head into her hands and shook it violently. Covering her ears, she tried to block out who ever was tormenting her.

“No! Stop it! Shut up!!” Her voice began to crack as her sobs continued.

“There is no use for you! You mine as well die…Not a bad idea.” Her eyes fell upon a razor that sat on the bathroom sink. Shaking her head to fight back the sudden urge to grab it and take it to her fragile skin, she cried more.

“No! No! Stop it!” her body began trembling as the voice continued to taunt her.

“Do it, you could end it all. Just that easily, never having to deal with being a mutant, not controlling your powers. Never having to deal with his rejection…”

Shaking her head she looked into the mirror. Screaming at the sight, her eyes flashed. The sight of blood running down, filling everywhere. Her white hair sticking to her skin with its thickness. Her eyes were dark, black empty pools. Falling backwards, she stumbled to stand. Her reflection remained in the mirror, a wicked smile planted on her lips.

“Yes my Weather goddess. Soon…”

Ororo clenched the towel to her body and cried. Running out of the bathroom, she threw open her bedroom door and tried to see out the blurriness of the tears. The halls were empty, no one awake. Darkness filled every crack and crevice. Hearing the voice out of the corner of her mind she closed her eyes and held back her scream. Walking out of her dark room, she fell forward onto the railing of the upstairs hall. Hitting the ground hard, she continued to sob quietly.

“What’s happening to me?” Ororo whispered, her voice sounded terrified, full of pain and fear.
“You can’t hide from me! You are me!” The voice yelled.

Glancing up from the ground, Ororo searched the empty hallway through blurred vision. The voice suddenly echoed through her inner walls, laughing uncontrollably.

“I won’t! You don’t scare me!” Trembling, she pulled the towel tighter around her body, dripping from sweat. Grasping the railing, she pulled herself from the floor and tried to hurry down the hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tossing in his bed yet again, Logan shot up. His body was covered in a sweat. Taking off his black t-shirt, he pushed himself from the comfort of the mattress.

“I won’t! You don’t scare me!”

Ororo’s voice echoed through his ears.

“‘Ro?” Striding over to his door with concern, he opened it quickly and was forced to hold his breath at the sight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Where can I go? What’s happening to me? Ororo questioned herself trying to calm her shaking form.

Glancing up from the railing, she spotted the door. The door she had been dreading.

“Logan…” Her voice was full of fear and rough from dryness.

Wincing, she pushed herself from the railing and was ready to fall into the hard wooden door. Instead, she fell into Logan’s open arms. Hitting his chest hard, her form tightened as his arms circled around her trembling body.

“‘Ro? What the…” His voice was low and rough. Listening to it calmed her some what. It was familiar and kind. She couldn’t trust herself to speak. Looking up to his eyes, she tried to stop the tears from flowing, but couldn’t resist.

“Logan…I…” Stopping, she closed her eyes.

“He doesn’t want you! No one wants you. No one but me, we could destroy these people! They’ve caused us pain…” The voice replied full of hatred and darkness.

“No! I would never!” Ororo screamed pushing herself from Logan and falling to the ground in a heap.

“‘Ro! Darlin’ what’s wrong?” Logan asked falling onto his knees and grabbing her shoulders. Taking in the entire picture his throat tightened. She was in nothing but a towel. Her hair was wet and dripping down her bare shoulders and back. Tears streamed down her dark face. The look in her eyes caused his heart to grip in his chest. Fear. Her eyes were full of fear. Of emptiness.

“‘Ro, shhh…It’s alright. I’m here.” Pulling her against his chest, he tightened his arms around her and kissed her forehead gently. Bringing his hand to rest on the nape of her back, the other roamed through her locks of white hair trying to calm her.

Her body broke into sobs as she nuzzled her face into his bare chest.

“The voice…Me, fill of hate. It can’t, not me. Can’t be. Won’t believe it.” She began to ramble, her words not making any sense. Logan looked down into her eyes searching for anything other then what they expressed at that moment. Slowly, she began rocking back and forth, whispering about a voice. Logan’s heart broke at the sight. She was broken. Like a shattered vase, in a thousand pieces. Logan watched as she began to lose herself in the emptiness of her mind.

“’Ro darlin’, listen to me, ya have ta listen ta me. What happened? What are ya talkin’ bout?”

It was no use. Logan fought back the urge to break out into a rage. Taking her into his arms, he lifted her from the ground and hurried down the hall.

“‘Ro darlin’. Talk to me. What happened ta ya?”

She quieted. Nothing, her eyes stared off at the nearest wall and she continued to unwarily rock back and forth.

“Help!! Someone!! Help!!” Logan screamed. If he couldn’t help her, then some one in this Institute should be able to.

He didn’t understand it. She had been fine earlier that day. How could she just break down? What happened?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rogue shot up in her bed as she heard Logan scream for help. Pushing herself out from under the covers, she threw her feet over the edge of her bed and stood quickly. Grabbing her robe, she threw it on as the others rose from the sleep.

Opening the door, she screamed as she ran into Logan.

“Logan! Sugah what’s tha matter?” Gasping, she looked down to see Ororo in his arms. She looked horrible. Her eyes were empty and she was in a towel. Tears still ran down her cheeks and she was shaking.

“But how? She was supposed ta be al’ight again!” Rogue screamed. This couldn’t be happening. How had it happened? Nodding her head, she threw open Jean’s door and stormed in.

“Jean! It’s Ms. Munroe!” Rogue shook Jean from her sleep violently. Coming to, Jean shot up from her bed and ran to Logan.

“Chere, what tis thee problem?” Remy asked, taking Rogue into his arms.

“Ororo? Can you hear me?? Ororo. It’s Jean.” Jean nodded her head towards the door, and they made their way to the med lab.

“The voice…I won’t. Me. Never…It can’t.” Her words were slurred with sobs as Logan tightened his grip on her.

“Jeanie, what’s wrong wit her?”

Jean closed her eyes as they laid her down on the medical table and Xavier entered the room. Whispering under her breath in pain, “I don’t know Logan. I don’t know.” She readied a needle, sterilizing it and injecting it into Ororo’s arm.

“What happened?” Xavier spoke, the room and hallways filling with X-men and students.

“I thought we ended it. I thought he was gone!” Logan yelled. He knew who it was. It had to be him. The Shadow King hadn’t given up.

“Logan, calm your self. I believe it is true. The Shadow King doesn’t exactly have control over Ororo’s body anymore. But more or less affecting her through her mind, she believes she is hallucinating. Hearing yourself telling you to do terrible things isn’t always comforting.” Closing his eyes, Xavier put his head into his hands and looked dup to his student.

“But the fact is how he is doing it. I do not know. I was sure we rid him of her mind. But it seems he has survived somehow. Let me try something….”

Logan looked from Jean, to Xavier and then to Ororo. She was yet again in that bed. She had spent days in that bed…and now again. Why was this happening to her?

“Ororo. Can you hear me?”

“Charles, I can’t. Me. I won’t. It can’t be me.” Her words echoed through the room as she yet again began crying.
“Shh child. It is alright. What can’t be you? Let me hear you.” He entered her mind and his eyes shot open.


“He doesn’t want you! No one wants you. No one but me, we could destroy these people! They’ve caused us pain…” It was Ororo’s voice. Evil and dark. Xavier projected it through the room for all to hear.

“They are nothing to you! You could end it all! The pain, the suffering! Why do you deal with it? Why! We could be so much more!” The voice began becoming distorted, slowly forming into a male’s voice.

“No! I won’t! Leave me alone! Shut up!” Ororo screamed, throwing her pelvis up off of the top of the medical table. Her body shook violently and she thrashed back and forth.

“Jean!!” Rogue screamed as Scott tried holding her arms down onto the table.

Taking another needle, Jean forced it into her upper arm and used her mind to block Ororo’s blows.

“The restraints! Get the restraints!” Running out of the room, Remy grabbed the restraints and helped Logan tie Ororo’s arms and legs down onto the slab of metal.

“Nooo!!” Screaming, Ororo’s cries became more rapid as she fought the restraints that held her.

“You don’t understand! I won’t do it! I love them all!”

“Ororo! Listen to me! The voice, it is not you! He has your mind under his control, taunting you! Don’t let him defeat you!” And with Xavier’s last words, Ororo let out another shrill scream and her body went limp. Her eyes remained open, but they returned to the darkness, the emptiness Logan had witnessed earlier.

Gasping at the sight, Rogue ran into Remy’s arms and he held her firm to his chest.

“Jean…” Scott whispered, as she fell into the chair exhausted.

“What happened!? What did ya do??” Logan yelled, running over to her side. He took her hand in his and gently slapped her cheek.

“’Ro, darlin’. Listen, I need you to look at me…” Nothing, not even a blink.

Placing a hand onto Logan’s shoulder, Xavier sighed.

“It is best if we leave her, everyone back to bed. Jean, you and I will work on it in the morning, she is fully sedated…and I don’t think he is going to let her do anything. Logan, sleep.” Turning, they all exited with grim faces as another tragic day lay out before them.

Kissing her palm gently, Logan looked into her blue eyes once more hoping to see their natural glow. But it was no use.

“’Ro.” He whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Well?! What did ya think? Did ya like! I told ya it wasn’t the end of the Shadow King!! ^^ Tehehe…but I hope you enjoyed the next chapter! Please leave a review!! Thank you all for reading! And keeping up with it all! ^^





You must login () to review.