Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 9
Questions and harmful awakenings
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: I do not own it…you all know the routine.

A/N: Lookie!! Chapter 9!! I'm so happy! I know it's been a lil while..but here is the next chapter! And thank ALL of you for such kind comments! It brightens my day! ^^ Here ya all go!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Your mine….All mine. You no longer belong here my Weather Witch. We could leave here…you and me. Together again. You're a part of me." The Shadow King's voice echoed through Ro's mind as she lay on the cold slab of metal staring off at the ceiling. It had been ten hours since Logan had brought her here.

Turning her head slowly, she noticed they had all left. There was nothing but darkness as the curtains were tied from the windows, no sunlight shining through. There were no lights on in the med lab, not even the over head light. Blinking back more tears, she noticed the needles that sat next to her bed.

/ What have they done? / Her mind screamed to know. What was happening to her?

"They have all left you. No one is here for you. You are all alone…Alone. Forever." His laugh filled the room once more as he taunted her. Shaking her head back and forth she fought to not believe him. The voice was no longer herself, but she knew it was him. It had to be.

"Logan." Her voice was dry and rough. Whispering it into the open, she closed her eyes and turned her head back towards the ceiling.

"Alone." The words echoed through the room as the storm continued outside. Rain pelted it self against the hard glass, leaves were blown all around as the wind wisped through the grounds of the Estate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jean sighed once more as she tossed to her left in the bed. Sweat soaked her body as she noticed Scott was still sleeping. Sleep. She would have likened to gotten that, but it never came. They were all so worried about Ororo, her mind never leaving the thought as the X-men's thoughts and rants echoed through her mind.

Stepping off the bed, she stood in front of the mirror and closed her eyes.

"Ororo."

Fighting back the tears that had fallen earlier, Jean tried to picture her friend happy. How she missed those days. Jean didn't understand how Ororo could last so long with out telling her. So many days, they could of stopped this. Now…She was catatonic. Her mind not willing to release her. Jean knew the consequences and knew of Ororo's state. But she couldn't bring herself to tell the others. They had been through so much already. Ororo was sure to pull through…Right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rogue threw another punch into the punching bag, sending it hurling across the room as her body racked once more in sobs.

"She doesn' deserve dis! Why her!?" She screamed into the empty hallways as she exited the training room and turned the corner to her room. Wiping the sweat that formed on her brow, she leaned her head back against the wall.

Closing her eyes she beat her head against the wall as the images of Ororo's limp body filled her head. She looked so dead. Her eyes. Oh god her eyes. They were so dark and empty.

"How can she take this?" Her voice was just above a whisper as Remy stopped at the corner. Her words filled her mind and his head dropped to the ground. The recent events were affecting everyone a different way, but tragically.

"Because chere is strong. Stormy can make it dru. She's ah strong one." Remy whispered as he opened his eyes to take in the vision before him. She had been crying, her make-up running down her face. Her eyes were still swollen and her knuckles were bloody. Most likely from another long hour of non stop punching. She hadn't even bothered to wear punching gloves.

Her hair was a mess, and she held her gloves in her hand.

"Oh Gambit. This isn' right. She needs us, why did we leave her alone?" Falling into his arms, she let out her worries once more as Remy ignored her protest and lifted her into his arms. Taking her into her room, he smiled as he noticed she was out cold.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taking yet another swig of beer, Logan grunted at the wall as he downed another pack of the best Canada could serve. Rubbing his eyes, he beat his fist into the hard wood table as the glass shattered on the ground. Why was this affecting him so badly? He cared for her, more than anything. But there was something else.

"Of course ya know what it is bub." He spoke to himself as his thoughts continued to roam. Ororo was a beauty that he couldn't touch. Not his soiled hands. But he couldn't help but wanting her. Her exotic hair and eyes, and her personality to match. She gave Logan a run for his money every chance she got.

"I love her." His voice betrayed him as he spoke. How could he love? He wasn't capable of that anymore. His heart had been broken so many times, but this. She…She made him feel. Her laugh…Her sparkle. She shined above all others.

Logan mentally slapped himself at how long it took him to realize. He had always noticed her, but she was right. Not the way he noticed Jean. All she wanted was to be loved. And he denied that one feeling. He had heard of her past lovers, there weren't many. Forge had left her, and it had broken her heart. But how could he? Ororo was so…so perfect.

His head shot up as his brain hit over drive. He needed sleep. He needed her. It was true, he loved her.

"She doesn't want ya anymore bub…ya ruined it." The tears finally broke through as his head hit the table. It had been so long since he had cried. So many years. But the pain his heart was feeling was unforgettable and the tears couldn't be stopped.

"Ororo." His mind screamed for him to go to her, but Jeanie and Xavier would protest.

But why? Was she dangerous? He didn't care, he had to see her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lightening flew threw the sky once more, lighting up every inch of the room Ororo was being held in. Her body continued to convulse as the voice yelled in her mind. Thrashing once again as the sedate wore off, she tried to fight her arms and legs free of the leather straps that held her firmly down to the bed. Wincing in pain as they tore at her tender skin, she threw her head back and screamed with all her might.

"Let me free! I need to be free!!" Her eyes shot open as white light gleamed from them.

"Yes, your powers. Let them run free. You are not a bird to be held in a cage. Be wild, be free my child!" The Shadow King ranted on as Ororo continued to fight against the restraints.

The door flew open and in ran Logan as he came to an abrupt stop. Shaking his head, he ran to her side as the restraints began to break.

"'Ro! Darlin' stop yer hurtin yerself!" Logan screamed as he noticed the blood that began to flow from her ankles and wrists. He wasn't able to get close to her, a wind tunnel had surrounded her body as her body continued to thrash against the restraints.

"Yes! Be free my child be free!!"

Screaming as the restraints finally broke lose, Ororo's body floated into the air, levitating off the metal slab. Her ankles and wrists, now gashed open, dripped down her arms and legs with fresh blood. Her eyes gleamed white as her hair danced around her.

"Logan! He-lp me!!" She screamed as her head thrashed back and forth fighting to keep control of her powers.

The door flew open once more as Jean ran into the room, gasping at the sight.

"Storm!!" She screamed as the wind picked up, throwing supplies all around the room. Outside, the wind continued to howl as the sky turned pitch black. Snow, sleet, and rain fell from the sky, hitting the mansion and all that stood around it hard.

Ororo grasped her head in her hands as the voice sustained in her mind. Blood fell to the ground as she tore at her arms, her nails digging into her fragile skin. Screaming her agony into the open air, Logan fought back the tears once more as he was pushed back into the wall from the wind.

Jean looked left and right, her mind knowing what she had to do. Watching as Logan hit the hard wall; she took in a deep breath and shot up from the ground, using her mind to control her body's movement.

"Ororo! No! You have to control it!" She screamed, barely able to hear herself over the loud noises coming from Ororo and her powers.

"She will not control it!" The Shadow King yelled out into the open for both Logan and Jean to hear.

"She is mine!"

Jean shook her head as the wind tore at her skin, throwing her backwards. Not giving up, she threw her body once more towards her fragile friend.

"Jean!!" Ororo screamed as her powers continued to lose control.

The mansion was once again awakened from the lose Weather Witch. The students were forced to stay in their rooms along with the rest of the X- men as Xavier tried to make his way towards the med lab.

Throwing her head back as her last try to control her powers failed, she screamed once more as waves of pain shot through her body.

"I can't do it!" Her voice echoed through the dense walls as she glanced once more into Logan's eyes. Logan shook his head as he fought against the hard wind. It was no use, he couldn't move towards her. Turning to glance at Jean, he screamed, "Jeanie! Get out of here!"

She didn't listen. Taking one chance, she threw her body into the whirlwind and threw her arms around Ororo's shattered form.

"No! I will not let you ruin me!" Ororo screamed, the wildness of her powers taking over.

Throwing her arms outwards, she threw Jean off of her and turned towards the fragile girl laughing.

"You think you can stop me!?" She questioned as she shook her head. Jean stopped her body from hitting the ground, not in time to see Ororo's attack.

"Yes that's it! I have her!" The Shadow King screamed as Ororo's body shot forward, using all her strength and power to hit Jean. Lightning shot from her hands and wind bit at Jean's body as Ororo's mind screamed for control.

"I can't stop it!!" Throwing her head back once more as Jean's form fell limp onto the ground. Logan was finally able to break free, running over to Jean.

"Red! Can ya hear me?" He yelled as he took in the damage. Her body was full of cuts as she too was bleeding. She looked horribly wounded as Ororo turned away from the two.

"Why?!" She screamed into the nothingness of herself.

"Why do you love him!?" The Shadow King used her voice to perplex itself into on looking ears.

"Stop!" Xavier screamed as he shot a wave into Ororo's mind causing her to black out. Falling back onto the hard metal slab, her body fell limp as the blood fell from her wrists and arms.

Logan's eyes fought to free themselves from the two girl's battered bodies.

"Jean." Xavier whispered as Logan lifted her from the ground and placed her onto a bed next to Ororo.

"She's bad…But not as bad as 'Ro." Logan whispered as his body fought for sleep.

Xavier took in Jean's form and skimmed her mind.

"She's in a deep coma…she's badly injured. We must take care of both of them now, before Ororo's free spirit once more takes over."

Logan nodded his head as they tended to their wounds.

Why? She had asked herself why…because she had seen him with Jean.

Shaking his head, he tried not to think about it. He loved her, and she would know that soon enough. He had faith that they would bring her back. Both of them…But when?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Bum bum bum.There ya go!! Next chapter done…now I can work on my other fics! ^^ Hope you enjoyed! Please review!!





You must login () to review.