Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 2
The Sunset
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Disclaimer: I do not own the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. They are all owned by who ever. Lol. Drats. *snaps fingers* And that who ever just happens to be Marvel…Maybe if we all could raise money we could buy them out. Lol...J/k. Don’t mind my evil little mind.

A/N: Thank you all so much for the reviews!! But please do me a favor…And KEEP THEM COMING! Thank you soo much!! But I hope you guys enjoy reading my fic as much as I enjoy writing it for you all. Here is the next chapter, and see, I tried to update quickly… And I did! ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Logan rounded the corner of the hall, taking in a deep breath he smiled.
Same as always. Chuck hasn’t changed a thing. He thought to himself. Quickening his pace he grunted. It was hard but he had finally made his get away from Rogue. Glancing over to the numbers on the doors his eyes roamed the hallway searching for his destination. Room 516.

“You mus’ be De Wolverine, non monami?” Remy LeBeau replied with a chuckle.

Turing abruptly, Logan dropped his things and threw his arms outwards. Swift. His claws slid out from his hands in one swift movement sending a glare of light through the hallway. The auburn-haired man jumped a little at the sight and laughed. Waving his arms in front of him as if surrendering Remy spoke.

“Oui, dere dere, De Remy only here ta greet you.” Remy stammered a little, the claws making him, like they would anyone, uncomfortable. Walking around Logan slowly he smiled. “Aren’ we a lil on ta defensive line, non monami?” Logan only rolled his eyes at the boy and with another quick movement his claws returning to their resting grounds.

“Do I know you bub?” Logan asked wrapping a hand around the silver door knob, turning it slowly as he picked up his luggage. Logan made his way into the dark room, feeling around on the wall for a light switch of some kind. Ah ha. Logan thought as he finally felt the little switch, flipping it with one quick motion the room filled with a dim light. Remy stepped forward and leaned his broad frame against the door way his eyes stalking Logan slowly.

“No, monami Remy can’t say ya do. But Remy has heard an awful lot bout De Wolverine.” Logan dropped his bag and turned his gaze to the Cajun at the door.

“Really…That’s nice and all bub. But just who the hell are ya?” He asked in a rudely manner. Remy only laughed at his reaction and quickly rearranged his composure. Standing up straight he dusted off his arms as if dirt had been covering it. Bringing his dark red eyes to meet Logan’s he smiled wickedly.

“Who am I, ya ask monami? I am De one an’ only Remy LeBeau.” Bowing slightly at his answer he looked up to see Logan not even half amused.

“That’s nice ‘n all Cajun, but ya don’t have ta be Miss polite ya know.” Logan chuckled at his own remark and threw his bag onto the king size bed placed in the center of his room. Opening the French doors, which led to a balcony, he walked out with his nose smelling the fresh air. Remy pushed it along deciding not to take his remark coldly.

Logan glanced into the courtyard and there he spotted her. Jean. Closing his eyes he remembered the beautiful redhead and her lovely touch. A smile spread across his lips. But she wasn’t alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jean laughed gently as Scott placed a small rose onto her nose, kissing her cheek softly. Her cheeks flushed at his actions as a slight breeze swept across the courtyard. Pushing back a stray strand of hair her eyes diverted to the windows of the mansion where there she spotted Logan. He was staring at her. Raising her hand she waved gently and smiled to him. Logan only grunted and turned away. He was back alright, she thought to herself. Turning her attention back on Scott she laughed at the sight. He was standing on a chair trying to lift the statue over onto the waterfall. Xavier had demanded new decorations and with their luck, Jean and Scott had been pointed in charge.

“Scott, I could help you, you know?” She asked surpassing a slight giggle at the shocked look he gave her.

“You know Jean, I would like to actually do something for a change.” The two smiled as she complied…Well at least he thought she did. Using her mutant abilities the statue lifting from Scott’s grasp and gently landing in its destined spot. Jean winked to her lover and he only grunted.

“I guess that makes you win, eh?” He jumped down from the chair swiftly and took her into his arms. She only screamed a little at his actions, eventually giving in.

“Ah Scott! That’s not fair! I don’t have time for this.” Jean protested. Scott only gave her a pout and gently nibbled on her soft red lips. Jean gasped and slapped his shoulder playfully. “Not now love, I’m contemplating my attack.” This confused Scott as he glanced into her eyes. Jean laughed and pointed to where Logan previously had been standing.

“Nothing really, just want to do a favor for some friends.” Scott laughed along and shook his head no.

“No, what you’re planning on doing is playing matchmaker all over again. Not this time Jean. What happens is meant to happen, so let things be for once. Can’t you be satisfied with getting Remy and Rogue together?” He asked. Jean’s eyes sparkled at his remark.

“Awe. Thanks honey I never thought of that one.” They laughed in unison as the wind blew swiftly through the yard and around the mansion, picking up leaves off the ground and sending them in a furry through the air.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Bringing the frail brush through her white locks she sighed at herself in the mirror. Smiling, quite satisfied, she stood slowly, pushing the chair out from under her and walked over to the two French doors that led out to a rather large balcony. Stepping into the fresh summer air, a slight breeze picked up suddenly brushing past Ororo gently, her hair swaying in the wind as if dancing. Closing her eyes she brought her hands up enjoying the feel of having control of her emotions and powers all in one. Conjuring a gustful wind she lifted from the ground swiftly making her way towards the roof, not noticing the fact Logan was watching. Bringing herself down slowly, she sat on the edge of the refined ledge of the windowpane of an upper room. Placing her head into her small hands she let out a breath of air.

“The dreams. Their getting stronger. He’s alive.” She thought aloud. Glancing upwards towards the sky she let out a call to the wild like no other. Feeling free she shot up from the windowpane and took off to the sky.

Jean and Scott both glanced up fast as the weather witch flew over their heads, hearing a slight laugh from the woman as she disappeared from their sight. They both looked at each other and shook their heads.

“She seems so free.” Scott replied as he turned back to Jean. Jean didn’t answer she seemed to be dazed off towards Ororo’s direction.


Landing swiftly, Ororo brushed her legs swiftly as if to unwrinkle her pants. Looking around to her surrounds she smiled. This had to be one of her favorite places to come. Here she felt free. On this rock above all the endless waters below, she felt as if she could soar through the sky like an eagle. Sitting down on the ledge she crossed her legs and lost herself in the sight. Never noticing the figure making its way up towards her.

“Something interestin’ darlin’?” Logan asked startling Ororo from her stillness. Turning her head towards the man she gave him a gentle smile.

“Hello there Logan. No nothing at all. Just visiting the wild.” Ororo patted an empty spot next to her signaling him to sit. Logan complied, sitting slowly and glancing over to her as if she were to fascinate him.

“What is it Logan?” She asked turning her head to him. She brushed her stray hair from her face and smiled again to him. Logan enabling to resist her smile, smiled back.

“I just came to check on you ‘Ro. You took off in a hurry, or maybe it just seemed that way.” The two looked into each others eyes as if having a whole conversation with out speaking a word, then turned back to the light blue sky, the sun was beginning to set making it a purple, orange, and bright yellow.

“Beautiful.” They replied in unison.

Ororo nodded her head and turned her attention back towards him.

“So I take it you saw Jean.” She commented making mental note on the starry gaze in his eyes.

“Actually yes I have, but she was with Scott.” ‘Ro dropped her gaze and shook her head.
“I’m sorry Logan. I know how much you must love her.” Logan only tuned back to the sky acting as if she was just another figure in the beautiful sight his eyes were taking in. The water running down the river slowly, trees everywhere, birds and other animals, and then there was her and the sunset.

So beautiful yet untouchable. His mind told him as the surroundings ran through his mind again. And his mind was right. Untouchable. That’s what they were, including Ororo. Shaking his head he stood abruptly looking to her. “Lets head back before all the food is taken.” He said with a grunt. Ororo smiled and looked at the sky one more time.

Free. That one day I shall be from you. I shall be free. Ororo thought as Logan helped her from where she sat. The two slowly disappeared back to the mansion.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Well…What did you think? I know it was kinda aww…But don’t worry I will work Ro/Lo’s relationship slowly…Well not to slow but I will. Right now he is still kinda confused with Jean. This was just a lil moment between the two sharing a beautiful sight. Or w/e, anyways…Thank you all so much for reviewing! Please keep them up! And I hope you enjoy my fic! ^_^ R&R!!





You must login () to review.