Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 3
The dream
By: Aireonna (a.k.a. Candice Willman)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Disclaimer: I do not own the X-men. And as I said before in the first chapter, maybe I will bring in a few OC’s in later but until then. They are all owned by who ever. Lol. Drats. *snaps fingers* And that who ever just happens to be Marvel…Maybe if we all could raise money we could buy them out. Lol...J/k. Don’t mind my evil little mind. But then again I bet we would all love that…We could finally put who needs to be together! Ro/Lo!! Bwhaha…*Ahem* Sorry…

A/N: Thank you all so much for the reviews!! But please do me a favor…And KEEP THEM COMING! Thank you soo much!! But I hope you guys enjoy reading my fic as much as I enjoy writing it for you all. And so sorry… But I dunno what happened to my last account on fanfiction.net, it says it’s no longer active but I did nothing wrong. *shrugz* Oh well! So plz review!!! Every chapter…I have no reviews really…It erased everything *pouts* But here is the next chapter hope you all enjoy~ !

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rounding the corner she stopped slowly as she heard footsteps nearing her. Sighing she leaned back against the wall and shook her head.

What is wit’ ya lately Rogue? She thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

“Dere ya are chere. Remy has been lookin’ for ya.” Remy made his way around the corner and smiled to the young beauty, her eyes closed and her features tensed. Rogue opened her eyes and couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Sorry ta keep ya waitin’ sugah.” She replied with a blink as she stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Remy’s broad neck and putting her hand over his lips she kissed the gloved material. Remy closed his eyes wanting it to be able to feel her lips against his. The two laughed in unison and smiled against her hand.

“Dats al’ight chere Remy would wait fer ya forever.” Rogue blinked a little a blush crossing her cheeks at his sweet remark. Smiling as she thought to herself, ‘What did Ah eva do ta deserve someone like em?’ Even though Remy and Rogue weren’t an official couple, they were getting close, fast.

The clock chime rang through the halls signaling it was now midnight. Remy and Rogue giggled and made their way down the hall hand in hand. Not caring about the time as they just lost their selves in conversation about anything.


~*~*~*~*~*

Running down the cold damp street, holding torn garments to her slender body she ran from the fear. From the pain and heartache that chased her. Shaking her head, white strands of damp hair spun around her head. Turning the small corner she screamed at the sight. A shadow figure stood there with an evil glare and smirk on his dark features. His maniac laugh echoed through the dark alley and into her ears. Throwing her hands to her head she flew to the ground as his laugh continued to haunt her.

Ororo shot up from the bed falling off the side with a thud as she screamed at the top of her lungs. Clutching her chest tightly she drew in air to her lungs as sweat continued dripping from her dark skin. ‘Not him. It…it can’t be. Not again.’ She thought to herself as her bedroom door shot open.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Slipping his hands into his pockets he closed his bedroom door behind him as he headed down the hall for a routine walk around the mansion. Or at least what used to be. It felt weird being back. And Ororo, for some reason, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. The sunset was beautiful but as he remembered correctly he hadn’t actually paid any attention to that of the sunset. But more along the lines of her. Ororo, the untouchable beauty. Turning down the next hall he stopped, sensing fear and panic in the air. Then he heard it. A shrill scream, turning his head and throwing his nose to the air to sniff it out, he dropped his arms. It was coming from her room. Without thinking he charged towards her throwing her bedroom door open only to find her laying on the floor clutching her chest, soaked with sweat and a look of horror on her dark face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jean rounded the corner with a bright smile on her face. Her plan was sure to work. Everyone knew of Ororo’s feelings for the ‘Wolverine’. But ‘Ro was not one of showing her feelings for the man. Jean didn’t quite know if Logan returned the feelings for the ‘Weather Witch’, but they would soon find out.

Hitting a firm body hard Jean shot her gaze to the being. A blush crossing her pale features red enough to match that of her hair color she sighed.

“Scott. Don’t do that you startled me.” Scott only laughed at her remark and took the Red head beauty into his arms. Kissing her forehead softly he smiled, “So sorry love, but I didn’t mean to.” He replied with an innocent smile. Jean only shook her head and sighed at her companion.

“I know you didn’t.” The two smiled at each other and continued down the hallway just in time to see Logan running into, from the looks of it, Ororo’s room.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rocking back in forth trying to catch her breath, Ororo began to cry as the images of her dream ran through her mind. Logan made his way to her side as she began to incoherently mumble slurred words, “No…ot…gain…he…die…” Were the only sensible parts of what Ororo was mumbling Logan could make out. Gripping her, what felt like burning flesh to him, Logan tried his best to calm her.
Feeling cold hands touch her shoulders, Ororo began to scream yet again at the top of her lungs, struggling against him. Trying her hardest to get away from his grasp she threw her balled hands out at the figure that held her. Her legs not seeming to work as she tried to stand she clasped to the floor in a heap. Her cries coming in racking sobs as her body shuddered from the reverberations. Logan looked on as it pained his heart at the sight.
Jean and Scott came hurling through the door similar to what Logan had recently done. The sight shocked them, leaving Jean’s face a pale white. Scott gasped in awe at the sight of ‘Ro.
“Logan! What’s wrong with her?!” Jean screamed as she hurled forward to Ororo’s side.
Ororo glanced up at the new images and began screaming again as she tried to stand. Her arms holding her up as she crawled across the floor to reach the dresser. Jean following behind, laid her gentle hand on Ororo’s shoulder. Logan screeched and stopped Jean from any further movements. Jean’s touch brought more unwanted screams forth from ‘Ro’s throat. Her eyes shut tight, she lifted herself from the floor with all her strength.
“’Ro, darlin’. It’s me. I’m not gonna hurt you.” Logan tried to calm her the best he could, noting all the lights in the mansion were now on and students were gathered in the door way.
Xavier made his way into the room, a look of fear on his face as ‘Ro’s thoughts scrambled into his head.
“Back! All of you!” He yelled as the X-men stared at him with bewilderment.
“What is it professor?” Scott asked questioningly. The reply he got was not one wanted. Ororo shot up, a gust of wind lifting her from the ground in which she stood. Her eyes gleaming white as her hair whipped around her like a curtain of satin. Xavier came forth and stopped in front of the weather witch his face full of pain.
“Ororo, listen to me. We are not going to harm you.” Before he could go any further, she spoke, her voice low and full of pain.
“He’s coming for me Charles. He’s alive. I won’t let him take me! Not again!” Her hands flew up to cover her face as she yet again began her screaming. Logan hurled forward, covering her body with his and bringing her back down to the ground. ‘Ro shot her arms forward struggling against his body as they hit the ground surrendering her unconscious.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The room was quiet and the beeping noise of a breathing machine was all that could be heard. Rogue and Remy sat outside the room looking in through the glass windows. Jean sat in the corner sleeping on Scott’s shoulder as he hummed in her ear.
Inside the room, there laid Ororo. Stiffly on the bed covered in blankets, she didn’t make a move, her chest rising and falling with every breath. Rocking his head back and forth Logan tried to piece together what had happened. Sitting next to the bed in which Ororo laid, he had pulled up a chair, his head planted in his hands as he fought sleep. Xavier sat next to him, his wheelchair humming quietly as he looked over ‘Ro. His mind open he began searching for answers, anything that Ororo would allow to be seen.
“Anythin’?” Logan asked quietly as if not to wake Ororo. Xavier only sighed and looked to her.
“Her mind is closed. Something is keeping me from entering. And I’m afraid I know just what that something is.”

TBC

A/N: Well what did ya think? Did ya like! I know its been awhile…But here ya go!





You must login () to review.