It had now been five months since going to meetings, and in those four months, they had helped her, she could hold hands with someone, hold a hand out to someone, anyone. It was more than what under tens years of counselling and theory had helped her prove, or improve as some might have said or thought.

But she hadn’t just let physical touch into her life. She had being to feel on the inside, her heart beating faster, when he spoke, when he helped, or just the simple thought of him, any thought of him, of Logan. Then again what person in their right mind would start a relationship with some you couldn’t have sex with, or make love to, certain desires would have never been fulfilled. Not without time. But how much time, if it were to happen, would he give her. Days, weeks, months or years.

All she could do was wait. But all her life she’d been waiting. It was then that Anastasia came into her mind, that song, ugh. The same two lines kept repeating themselves, they were the only two lines she knew.

Maybe today would help her relax, help clear her mind.

“Hey ‘Ro!” He ran up to her, his strong legs moving swiftly, as each powerful stride was taken.

“Logan, I thought you weren’t coming tonight?” She said as her gaze left his and looked upon the group of people behind him, drinking an eating, having a good time. It was a beach party after all.
Her house a silhouette on the cliffs edge.

“Yeah I know, but I got home and found I had nothing to do, so I decided to come.”

“Oh.” He moved closer to her. She inhaled deeply. His hands found there way at the sides of her face, being careful not to touch her. “Logan what are you doing?”

“Sssh, just close your eyes.” She did, but for him she’d do anything, she figured. “I want to imagine that your blind.”

“Why?” Her breath coming out in uneven strides.

“If your blind, you’d have to use touch as your sight, instead of your eyes. If you had been blind when this happened to you, you would still need touch, otherwise you’d be helpless. Just think about it for a minute, okay?”

“Okay.”

“For a blind person a single touch could mean anything,” His voice was almost a whisper, “but no matter what it meant, you’d have to rely on it.”

“What kind of touch?”

“A brush to the arm,” He Moved his hand on her arm, “or to the face,” again he touched her skin, “A kiss.”
His lips touched hers, gently. She didn’t object, not at first, her tongue met his, her lips moved with his, to feel, to taste, to explore. She faltered, she stepped back.

“Sorry, I’m just not…ready. I don’t think I’ll ever get Forge out of my head.”

“I know.”

“How would you know? I mean you weren’t there, you-”

“He killed my parents ‘Roro, he killed them in front of me.” Shocked, she stared at him.

“Why, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t know how to.”

“Then tell me now, please?” She took his hand.

“I was ten, he came in, following my little brother, John Jr. He ran towards me, he would have been five, his face it was just blown off, blood splattered everywhere. My dad was next, though I didn’t see it to well, same with my mom.” He paused, “He raped her afterwards, he killed all of ‘em, all of ‘em but me.”

“Why didn’t he come for Logan, you where there…”

“He didn’t see me.”

“How come?”

“I was in a cupboard, me and John had been playing hid and seek, he hadn’t found me ‘til then. It was the police that came to me. It was in the papers for weeks, boy who survived, ‘course like in a any soap opera, the have to kill of the survivor in order to stop the killer killing anymore.”

“You here though, your alive.”

“They changed my first name when they put me in an orphanage, it was James, hated it anyway, I wanted to keep my second name though. The police said that I died, that I was ill, they even included a picture of some kid in with the article.”

“Logan, I’m sorry, I…Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For helping me, for sharing. For connecting us,” She smiled, “I now know someone that knows what its like not to have family.”

“Your welcome, I guess.” They were silent for a while, but it wasn’t uncomfortable, the time didn’t need to be filled with words, this felt right. “‘Ro, I really like you.” startled she looked up, ‘now that wasn’t something I was expecting.’

She stood there thinking of what words to say, but all that came out was…“Ditto.”

It needed to be done, anyone could see it, she even had confirmation “Will you kiss him already!” Jean.
He turned around to see the red head watching them. Not long after he felt to hands on his face, pulling him down, his lips once again meeting hers.

“I thought you said…” He said against her lips, as the various different people behind them shouted, some even screamed, like school children.

“Ignore what I said.”

And with that, his arms enveloped her, and drew her to him, in a web in which she could not, and unlike with Forge, did not want to escape.

Fin.





You must login () to review.