The characters might be a little OOC, but I tried my best.

As always read and review, flames are welcome, critiques greatly appreciated ^_^




Disclaimer: The X-men characters do not belong to me, they belong to Stan Lee.




Ororo sat motionless, she stared blankly at the screen of her laptop. She reread the email but still it wasn't sinking in. She stood slowly closing her laptop and walking upstairs.

"Mom are you ok?" Kitty asked as she saw Ororo with a blank look on her face," Mom..."

Ororo turned slowly looking at her surrogate daughter
" Kitty I am fine," Ororo kneeled slowly to pick up her son," Did you have fun at the park today Jonathan?" She gently kissed him on the cheek his blue eyes sparkling at her.

"Yesh mommy, I went on the slides and Kitty pushed me on the swings."

Ororo smiled, "That does sound like fun sweetie, but now its time for dinner and then a bath for you."

Ro pasted a smile on her face as she turned to face Kitty," After dinner I need you to pack enough for a few weeks ok? I will explain everything later." With that she turned and headed to the kitchen, Kitty followed behind her slowly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Later that night~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ororo laid awake, she had just put Jonathon to bed and now her mind was on the weeks coming up. She shifted and stood up, going to the window. The gently breeze blew at her hair and she inhaled slowly. Her thoughts were scattered and she felt so confused, it had been three years since she had seen him, three years since she left behind her friends and the people that meant the most to her. It had been a hard decision to leave but she had to, she could not stay there any longer. She could not risk the chance of her breaking down and confessing everything to him. So she had taken the easy way out and left, but now she had to go back. She didn’t know how she would react to seeing him again, would he be the same? Would anything have changed? Would he even remember what had went on between them?


Sure most of it was on her side, she had felt a kinship to him the moment he had stepped through the door. As the days and months past they became friends, he was one of the few people that truly understood her and that had led to her sudden but equally strong infatuation with him, but he had not wanted her, he had wanted Jean. As the time went on her infatuation grew and she tried to be around him at all times. When Jean had turned him down once and for all he had left, coming back months later but this time Jean wasn’t the first person he had went for it was her. She had been so flattered, taking joy in how he flirted with her and complimented her....till that night when they had first had sex.



It had happened so unexpectedly he had come to her room just to talk and somehow that had led to a session of sex. She had awoken the next morning to an empty bed and a crushed heart. She had hauled herself out of bed and to the shower then to the garden outside. She had skipped breakfast because she didn’t want to see him, but when she stepped into the garden house there he was. He had taken her in his arms then and made love to her again. As time went by though they never talked about the way they felt about each other, they were basically friends with benefits.



Ororo frowned as her past with Logan had come rushing back, she sighed deeply as she tried to close the dam of memories that was over flowing..

.the knock on her door startled her and she ran her hand over her face and smoothed her hair, stepping back inside she sat on her bed and tried to look as calm as possible," Come in Kitty"

The teen opened the door and slowly walked in, she sat by mother," Will you tell me what is going on? Is something wrong?" Ororo took Kitty's hands in hers and gave her a brief smile," Mom are we moving or something, why did you want me to pack?"


Ororo drew in a deep breath trying to stay calm, she didn’t want to upset her daughter, “No honey it is nothing like that we are not moving. We are going to spend a few weeks at the mansion that is all. Gambit and Rogue are getting married and they would like us to be there.”

Kitty smiled brightly at her and hugged her “Don’t worry mom everything will be ok, and if anything does happen we can leave. I am sure Rogue and Gambit would understand.”

Ororo smiled at her daughter,” You should go to bed now honey, it is late and we have to get up early tomorrow .” Kitty nodded and went to her room.

Ororo sighed getting up and going to her son's room. She watched him sleeping, snoring softly, her heart melted at the sight of him. His lips curled slightly in a small brief smile. A big smile came to Ororo's face as she wondered what he was dreaming of. She turned going to her room, and she wondered if she could make it through the next two weeks. She glanced at the clock and closed her eyes pushing the thoughts to the back of her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ororo woke to the splatter of big rain drops on her balcony door, she heard the rumble of low thunder and a saw a flash of lightning. She sat up glancing at the clock it was only five but she couldn’t go back to sleep. She yawned, stretched, and wrapped a robe around her slender frame. She proceeded to carry her bags to the front door, then she went to her sons room he was still sleeping she took his bags and brought them to sit next to hers.

She opened the front door and was greeted with a stormy sky. She shook her head, and took in a deep breath, she focused on getting control over the anxiety she was feeling and the clouds began to roll away. She went to the kitchen to make breakfast, but was surprised to see Kitty routing through the fridge.

“Kitty what are you doing up so early?” Ororo asked as she took out a few eggs and some pancake mix from the fridge.

“I couldn’t sleep mom. I am way too excited. Its gonna be so cool seeing everyone again you know. I can’t wait.”

“I know you are Kitty, but you need your sleep.”

“Mom I can catch up on the way home, anyways let me make breakfast, you can go get Jonathan ready.”



Ororo smiled at Kitty,”Ok dear I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Ororo went to her son’s room, the two year old was sitting up, calm and quiet. "Mommy’s little boy is already awake? Come here honey” she picked him up slowly planted a small kiss on his cheek and took him to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ororo pulled up slowly to the mansion and turned off the car. She turned to face Kitty. Kitty smiled sincerely. “Mom you can do this, I’ll be right by your side.” Ororo nodded and got out of the car going to the backseat to get Jonathan. Kitty grabbed a few pieces of their luggage and followed Ororo to the door. Ororo took a deep breath and rung the doorbell.



“Ro you’re here!” Jean stood there with a huge smile on her face. “Everyone they’re here.” A bevy of smiling faces greeted the new commoners; Jonathan turned slightly burying his face into his mother’s chest. “And who do we have here?” Jeans asked as she gently ran her hand over the little boy’s almost platinum hair.

Ororo smiled brightly, “This is Jonathan Munroe,” she beamed as he continued to stay in hiding.

“Come in guys, no need to just stand at the door,” Another bright smiled crossed Ororo’s face as the professor came into view, “Come everyone, let them at least get situated, before you wear them out. Come Ororo, Kitty I will show you to your rooms.” They followed him; Ororo scanning the crowd slowly as she walked by.He wasn’t there, she let out a sigh of relief as the professor escorted them to Kitty’s room first and then to her attic loft. “Ororo I am glad to see you have come back, if only for a few weeks. If you should need anything I will be in my study.”


“Yes Charles it’s nice to be back and thank you for such a warm welcome,” she leaned down and hugged him before going into her room. Once there she let out a small sigh and laid Jonathan on the bed. She planted a small kiss on his forehead, and then proceeded to unpack.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Few hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There were still a few hours before dinner and she had yet to see Rogue. She went in search of her, Jonathan in tow. She found her outside, sitting under one of the many trees. Ororo decided to sneak up on her friend, but she was just mere footsteps away before Jonathan tugged on her skirt,” Mommy, wheres sissy."



Rogue looked up and then a huge smile spread over her lips, "Sugah your back, how long ya been here 'Ro?” Ororo smiled brightly,” Who is dat handsome young boy behind ya sugah?”

Ororo picked up Jonathan and was smiling form ear to ear,” This is Jonathan, Jonathan say hi to your auntie Rogue please.” The little boy looked at her slowly as he clung to his mother, "Hi” he said barely audible.


"Ro he’s a cutie,” Rogue kept her hands clasp tightly behind her, but smiled warmly at him, "I am so glad ya’ll could come sugah; it wouldn’t of been a wedding wit' out ya’ll here. We got so much to talk ‘bout ‘Ro. I can’t wait for ya to see da dress I picked out." Rogue picked up the blanket she had been sitting on and headed towards the door. “Come sugah I will make us some coffee and we can catch up.”


Ororo followed her holding onto Jonathan’s as they stepped in the kitchen she was greeted by “Hellos” and “Welcome home Ro” and “We missed you” Ororo smiled trying to say hello to everyone that was talking to her.

“Ok guys clear the room, let’s give Ororo a little quiet time ok. I’m sure she’s tired from her ride here.”

“Ya 'Ro doesn’t need all of ya hangin’ around her, besides she don’t want to see ya’ll after all Stormy miss me da most.”

Ororo laughed as Scott and Remy came into view, "What makes you two think I missed you at all?” She laughed hugging them both.

“Ororo, who is this?” She couldn’t help it but smile as she proudly held her baby up,” This sweet bundle of joy is my Jonathan, He is a little shy right now, but give him some time and he will open up.” Everyone crowded around looking at him and saying hi, Jonathan smiled a few times at them before burying his head again in his mother’s chest.

As the excitement died down and the normal, or what passed as normal resumed, Ororo took that time to take a late nap.

Kitty had volunteered to watch her little brother while she slept. She was tired now, the day finally catching up with her and she laid down falling asleep fast.

Her dreams were plagued with images of him. Logan the moment she first saw him, the first time they had done it, and the last time she had seen him.

She jumped out of her sleep pulling the covers higher on her as she looked around. ”Goddess what am I going to do?” She reached to turn on the table lamp but a voice stopped her.


“I don’t think the Goddess can help you this time.”





You must login () to review.