Ororo ran into the forest during a rain storm. She did not where she was going. But she was running away from herself. She had been doing this in most parts of her life. She just kept on running. She was running away from complicated questions and people, she was running away from her emotions. But no matter how fast she ran she could never run away from herself. Ororo came to a halt and fell on her knees. Her eyes rested on a dagger. She wondered how it got there. The she wondered if she pierced the sharp object into her heart, then that wound would end her life, she wouldn’t have to answer any questions, every pain she had in her life would end too.
However she knew Charles would not want this, nor Scott, nor Jean.
Ororo then remembered why the dagger was there buried her face in her hands.

Logan could not understand why Ororo did not believe that he loved her. They had became best friends and she had stuck with him even when he disrespected her. First of all he could not believe that he loved her when it was early, he thought that he could never move on from Jean, well neither did Ororo. And even now when he was sitting in front of Jean Grey’s grave, he admitted that he loved another woman.
“When I stabbed you, Jean. I did it to save you, but it felt as it was for release. I miss you Jean, really I do but something tells me it’s better this way. I love ‘Ro and I don’t think I would of known if you were still here” he said nearly choking. Logan then let a tear escape. He then included “If you can hear me wherever you are, you are telepathic and if you can please let her know that I love her. Touch her fer me”.

Ororo sat in her office- once the professor’s- looking at the students’ report cards, she shook her head as she read through them.. They needed more teachers. The younger X Men promised to teach, but she still wasn’t sure. It was like trouble over troubles. She was tired, she was now wishing that Charles never chose her to be the headmistress.But she was very stubborn, she would never admit her pain unless some one had to push her and push her.
She turned around on the chair to face the window. There was a rain cloud again, it had rained alot today, and had fit her mood perfectly.

Ororo stared out of the window looking for a break through.There was a shine coming through the clouds.Maybe it was her break through. She kept staring until she recieved a tap on her shoulder and jumped. She turned around and saw what she was not ready for.

"Logan. I did not hear you come in" she whispered trying to force a smile.
"You weren't meant to" he answered back."Ro, we need to talk".
"So talk" Ororo said keeping an emotionless face.
"Ororo, I gave you time an-"
"No, Logan please I do not want to talk about this anymore" She told him.
"But you told me talk. What else do you think I would want to talk about".
Ororo then got up and walked to the door. "That's what you always do. Run away from your emotions" he growled icily.
Ororo glared at him, "I am not running away" she told him. What Logan had noticed, was that she was talking to him the same tone she did, when they had first met. Ororo's back was facing Logan and he sighed. Ororo rolled her eyes and then looked up into the ceiling.
" Do you now see, Logan?" she said facing him, she sounded as if she would start crying.
"Do I now see what?" he asked.
" Do you now see why I can't do this. I cannot even talk to you without us arguing. Ever since you told me that you 'loved' me, I can't talk to you anymore. I-i can't come to you for comfort. If things are like this now, then what will happen later?".

" But I don't care about the later or the future. All I care about is now- the present. All I care about is you", he whispered, while taking her hand in his. Ororo looked up into his eyes. "Logan I don't know. How do I know if you really love me".
Ororo was right though. She was not a telepath and she was only the Earth's empath so she really couldn't tell.
"I just love you and I cannot put it in any other way. You just really have to trust me 'Ro. But do you know how it feels to love some one and know that they don't love you back" .
A tear slid down Ororo's face. "You don't understand Logan. I do love you. I've loved you for a long time but you never loved me, you loved Jean, you said it yourself. So how could you possibly love me? Your confusing me, Logan and I'm sure you don't know how I feel" Ororo sobbed.

Logan wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer, and stroked her hair. " You never showed it 'Ro, if you showed it earlier-
"I'm sure it would not have made a difference. You loved Jean and I could never have changed that".
"Logan shook his head, "I thought I told you, that I thought loved Jean, but I didn't. And you didn't let me finish Ro. If you had showed it earlier, then I wouldn't have to use Jean to keep me occupied. 'Ro, there was somethin' the way you talked or acted around. It was like you didn' like me at all". "I did it to save myself from embarassment" she said with a smile pulling away from him.

They stood still staring at each other. Logan lowered his lips to her's and kissed her. "Logan, are you sure about this" Ororo whispered, still worried. "If I wasn't, then I wouldn't have told you the truth".





You must login () to review.