The next morning was weird as crap for the both Logan and Ororo, as well as for anyone who crossed their paths, Logan was extremely moody, more so than usual, and especially irritable whenever Ororo's name was mentioned. Ororo seemed dazed, hurt, and confused all at once, her cheeks seemed permanently flushed, and whenever she talked, her voice often wavered, overcome with intense emotion. No one could figure out why Ororo was so over emotional, and no one dared to wonder what had Logan so angry, all anyone could do was guess what was wrong, and Kitty, well, she guessed right. As soon as she saw Ororo walking in the halls, she very well near broke her neck running toward the white haired weather goddess, 'Ro's appearance had definitely changed, was something amiss? Oh yeah! "What happened?" Kitty blurted out, her brown locks bouncing all around her. "And don't try to lie to me, Storm, 'cause I know something happened." The older woman shook her head, "I don't want to talk about it, Kitty." she said, "Besides, I couldn't find words to describe what happened anyway." Kitty's eyes widened to the point that they looked like they would fall out of their sockets, what the HECK had she just gotten herself into?? Ororo raised an eyebrow, "I know what you're thinking, and no. Just no. That would be wrong on so many levels. Logan's my friend, nothing more." Ororo shook her head again and muttered something incoherent, but Kitty grasped her shoulder and somehow managed to widen her eyes even further. "What did you say, Storm?!?" she asked, "Did you, after saying that you guys were no more than friends, add on, 'No matter how much I love him'?!? Did I just hear you say that, hm?" Ororo was getting a bit scared, this girl had superb hearing, when she wanted to listen, that is. "Yeah." was all she could utter, she wished she could just snap out of this...trance...the trance that Logan had her caught in. "Kitty." Ororo sighed in defeat. "He kissed me last night, I have no idea why, it just happened. I was...I was sobbing, I guess...he must've heard me...he came into my room...trying to calm me down...then he just, sort of kissed me, and I kissed back....and...I ended it." Ororo closed her eyes, remembering the events that had occured last night, now wishing she hadn't sent Logan away. She looked into the teenager's dark eyes, fighting against the tears in her own eyes, and in a barely audible whisper, she told Kitty, "I-I think I love him."

~**~
Logan hated himself right now. Big surprise. Considering he was, most likely, ruining any friendship he'd ever had with 'Ro, and while he valued her friendship like gold, he couldn't deny to himself that he wanted more. Yeah, he'd better be hating himself right now. 'Ro was the most important person in his life, and he may have just killed their friendship by kissing her last night, despite the promise he had made her, he was now considering leaving the X-Men, permanently. He had no freakin' idea where that idea had come from, but if he let his guard down, he could end up hurting 'Ro, he could lose her. She was more important to him than anything in the world to him, and if protecting her from himself by keeping his distance was what he needed to do, then he'd do it, by all means. He loved this woman, he wasn't gonna lose her. Come Hell or high water, he wasn't losing her. With that thought, Logan turned on his heel and stomped off toward the kitchen.

Ororo was in the kitchen when Logan got there, along with Kitty and Juanita, Kitty was chomping down on Tomatos and Juanita was sipping a coke, chattering happily in Spanish. 'Ro was just standing around, not really doing anything in particular, Logan walked past her to the fridge, muttering an, "Afternoon, you all." as he went by, recieving a "hey" an "hola" and a "hello" in return. Logan grabbed a beer that he had hid in the very back of the refrigerator, and decided that in a few minutes he'd just bring up the idea of leaving casually to 'Ro, he knew that she'd be pissed, but he had convinced himself that it was for her own good that he was bringing this up, no way was he going to take the risk of hurting the one woman he loved. "Um...uh, 'Ro." he started. "I just wanted you to know that...I'm thinking of leaving. For good this time." Juanita choked on the mouthful of coke that she'd just swallowed, Kitty bit her thumb and continued to swear without shame, and Ororo's eyes seemed to have flames ignited in them. Man was she pissed. "Logan, we need to talk. NOW!" Ororo said, fuming. Kitty nudged the younger girl beside her and the two of them exited ubruptly, leaving Ororo and Logan to battle this out alone.


"What" Ororo said, her voice rising. "The HELL are you thinking, Logan?!? Is there any reason you want to leave yet again, or are just wishing you were out of here?!? Are you trying to kill me, Logan?? Because that's what you're doing, YOU'RE KILLING ME!!" Logan knew that her rage would be inevitable, but this was like being in the midst of an erupting volcanoe, and what was this about him killing her? "What? 'Ro, what are you talking about?? I'm not trying to kill you, that's the very thing I'm trying to PREVENT!" Logan found himself raising his voice, too. "If I stay away, than I can't hurt you, I'm sorry, 'Ro, but if something weird happened and it lead to a repeat performance of last night, I don't think I'd be able to stop again, no matter how hard you fought me." Ororo's eyes were still full of fire, but they were also full of tears, she couldn't take much more of this, her heart was just seconds away from breaking. "Logan, do you even KNOW how much that hurt, to end that last night?" Ororo was crying now, barely able to continue talking. "Can you even IMAGINE how PAINFUL that was for me?!? I thought that I was going to DIE, it hurt so much, Logan, leaving won't make the pain go away, it'll make it worse, okay?? It'll make it worse, and I don't know how to make the hurt stop!!" Ororo gasped for air before continuing. "Kissing you, was the most AMAZING thing that I've ever experienced, Logan, it was like...like..."

"Like one of your wildest dreams becoming real." Logan finished for her, knowing exactly how she felt. "I know, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, 'Ro, for once in my life, it felt like something was going right. I didn't want it to ever end. And now you're confusing the hell outta me, 'Ro, if you didn't want it to end, then why did you end it?" Ororo's expression softened, tears still rolling down her cheeks, she wasn't sure what to say. "I-I guess I was afraid." she said, her voice hoarse. "I was...I was afraid it wasn't real. Or that it was a mistake, or that I was just tricking myself into losing control of my emotions...or..." Logan stopped her right there, wiping away a few tears on her face with his fingers, and looking this woman straight in the eye, he said, "'Ro, if you don't know me by know, you ain't ever gonna know me! If I was gonna kiss you outta pity, I would've clawed my face off so I couldn't do it again. I may not be the most honest guy in the world, but no way would I lie about this kind of stuff, not to you, never you. Darlin', you may not know it, but you mean the world to me." Ororo now gave him a small, timid smile, Logan had, unintentionally, reminded her why she loved him. "You mean that, Logan. I mean, really mean it?" she asked him, still a little unsure. Logan gave her a smile and nodded, "Yeah." he said with finality, "I do mean it, and will always mean it." Ororo's mind was made up now, no way was she letting go of this guy. "Then kiss me, Logan. Like you did last night." Ororo told him, her tone serious. Logan pulled her closer, loving every minute of this whirlwind day, and finally, he told her, with gratefullness in his eyes, "With pleasure, darlin'."

And, finally, after five months of waiting, his mouth claimed hers.





You must login () to review.